Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Lastgirl posted:

what is this weird mythology that paying is the adult thing to do and how come they use reality as a basis of defense when they're so far removed from it~ :thunk:

a prisoner coming fresh off a 10 hour license plate shift where he almost made a whole dollar putting two months of wages in the see-a-doctor jar and shouting "LOOK AT ME, IM ADULTING LOL"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

magiccarpet posted:

lol puerto rico is going to be annexed in 6 months

yeah by the ocean :rip:

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

is this one of those "studies" cooked up by an anti-migrant thinktank that only looks at child arrivals and extrapolates their average cost per year to the state as children across their entire life as if they wouldn't start working

those things are really popular with the types of people who throw nazi salutes at republican conventions

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Where in the World is Melania Trump?

chilling with Eric Bolling's son

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

nuclear is basically dead because the nuclear construction companies realized they could make insane bank by grifting the utilities buying nuclear plants, eventually grid operators caught up to the scam and stopped ordering new nuclear plants

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

a firm schlapp across mueller's face

https://twitter.com/AlterNet/status/1002586817022087175

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Build the ringworld Donald

no hands voted 0

Bart - SCROTUS
Nov 21, 2002

I'm a geek, I'm a geek
I'm a power tool

When I sing this song
I look like a fool

:d2a: :d2a:

Shageletic posted:

oh poo poo you guys read that NRA safety plan they keep on bringing up everytime a shooting happens? It's pretty amazing.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2018/02/the-nras-plan-to-harden-schools-is-terrifying/

i feel like if those bombs had gone off in columbine we'd somehow be in a worse timeline where the culture war would turn into hero shooter kids vs. evil bomber kids as the copycats try to one up each other

raise em right with guns not bombs!

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

eonwe posted:

guys, conservatives suck poo poo

Pleas wait your turn and listen respectfully to the side that thinks the earth is 4000 years old

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Al! posted:

mad about you got really weird when helen hunt quit

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JBKacspW2e0

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

FAIR TRADE

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

Shugojin posted:

Theres a lot of posts in here today :thunk:

trump

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

mormonpartyboat posted:

a prisoner coming fresh off a 10 hour license plate shift where he almost made a whole dollar putting two months of wages in the see-a-doctor jar and shouting "LOOK AT ME, IM ADULTING LOL"

exactly

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

"see pack head matt sshlap says trump should abuse"

English is so ugly sometimes

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1002302461133180928

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Haven’t read thread and don’t know what the title is about, but did he kill her in the Bahamas

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

i bet one of those conditions is he needs to bathe at least twice a week

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Phi230 posted:

America uses prisoners as slave labor why are you surprised that it gets worse

disgust is not surprise and i don't require novelty in order to feel disgusted

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

i left my brain
somewhere in Chicago

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

sloppo posted:

disgust is not surprise and i don't require novelty in order to feel disgusted

word? weird

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Where in the World is Melania Trump?

The underworld, op

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/dale_e_ho/status/1002193573855494144

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

alnilam posted:

TRAIR FADE

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Against the wall motherfucker

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mons Hubris posted:

Haven’t read thread and don’t know what the title is about, but did he kill her in the Bahamas

yes

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Nichael posted:

universal pre-k now

I mean yes absolutely but we have that basically in GA and it still leaves you with 3 years of daycare at 9k on the low end here. It can get up to like 20k and that's not even the fancy pants daycares. We need universal childcare including after school programs and loving summer Jesus. Summer camp (summer daycare basically) costs and planning are brutal and the hours are often incompatible with parents with jobs

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

melanie is away doing a dbz training montage and will return

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

*narrator voice* because they did crimes

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/Reinlwapo/status/1002587156936839169

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

laura ingraham is a nazi and i should be allowed to publicly call for her death

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

"The most effective way to get inside the head of an obstruction of justice investigation is, actually, to obstruct justice a whole bunch, and actually say that's what you're doing while you're doing it, preferably while maintaining eye contact with the lead investigator the entire time"

-Kurt Cobain

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

livin like a king

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

SpaceGoku posted:

is this one of those "studies" cooked up by an anti-migrant thinktank that only looks at child arrivals and extrapolates their average cost per year to the state as children across their entire life as if they wouldn't start working

those things are really popular with the types of people who throw nazi salutes at republican conventions

no, this one appears to be an official government commitee report.

authour of the report:

quote:

According to Joakim Ruist , it is good to believe that it has become more difficult for refugees to settle in the labor market, much due to the fact that the industrial sector that allowed many foreigners to make their first job in the 6th to the 80's has become less.

However, his report shows that in the last 20 years, it has not become difficult for foreign-born to get jobs - but it takes 15 to 20 years.

"It does not seem to be more difficult to integrate refugees when the number of new arrivals in Sweden increases or when the number of simple jobs in the manufacturing industry decreases.

Nor do educational levels seem to play a decisive role in the success of a group to quickly get into the labor market.

"The most obvious is that the groups that came in the 1980s are getting more quickly in high employment than the groups that will come later, but in the long run it will settle. It is difficult to compare refugee groups, although there is a big difference between how quickly the different groups enter the labor market. What you will soon think of is that it may differ in education, as it does, but it is very low correlated with which groups are best suited.

Joakim Ruist thinks it is unfortunate that Sweden is talking about "integration must be better" because, according to his research, there is a relatively high employment rate for foreigners who do not get worse over time.

"We find that it has been difficult to recruit refugees at work at all times, but it is no wonder that it is difficult to come as a refugee with a possible lower level of education, not to speak the language or culture, and to have experience of war in the luggage. It may be impossible for integration to go much better than it has done so far.

btw, google translate seems loving AMAZING for swedish, goddamn

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Nichael posted:

universal pre-k now

Free childbirth now
In fact it should come with a gift and bonus check.

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

honestly i just want something to happen to Pruitt. indictment, car accident, something.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/Amy_Siskind/status/1002571883357851648

quote:

2. This is a deal that Kushner Cos and their partner had trouble financing. Then in early 2018, shortly after the CEO of Citigroup met with Kushner at the White House, Citigroup made a $200 million loan in March. The South Korean firms are buying part of that.

3. This is also the same deal that in Week 26, Kushner drew scrutiny when his sister mentioned him by name and the EB-5 visa program, visas which allow immigrants a path to a green card for investing $500,000, to market the refinance to Chinese investors.

4. After media coverage, those efforts with Chinese investors stopped. But note, this deal was not bankable without Kushner's influence. With his position in the Trump regime, he was able to get Citigroup, and then two South Korean firms to invest. This is kleptocracy.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

juche avocado posted:

melanie is away doing a dbz training montage and will return

making intense use of the Hype-Barron Time Chamber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
everything sucks

• Locked thread