Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i better see mimasaka next week

his hair better be beautiful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Patware posted:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
All the new hair sucks

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Patware posted:

his hair better be beautiful

He was in this chapter albeit briefly

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

is 'sharrap' the new 'shitters'

someone at mangastream is way more of an idiot than the others

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

I wish we got a more detailed jealous Alice

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

BI

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I like that Alice/Kurokiba/Hayama are in a bi-ploy cooking relationship.

I like that the Hisako/Erina ship is getting more fuel.

I like that Megumi is owning that ponytail over the shoulder look.

I also like the fact that they've just completely ditched the entire last year of boring cooking battles and are starting over from scratch. It's gonna be real interesting if this shift in dynamics is gonna stick or if the manga's popularity keeps dropping and never picks up. We've have to see when we get a shokugeki whether or not this is the start of a new arc or an epilogue.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I like that Alice/Kurokiba/Hayama are in a bi-ploy cooking relationship.

I like that the Hisako/Erina ship is getting more fuel.

I like that Megumi is owning that ponytail over the shoulder look.

I also like the fact that they've just completely ditched the entire last year of boring cooking battles and are starting over from scratch. It's gonna be real interesting if this shift in dynamics is gonna stick or if the manga's popularity keeps dropping and never picks up. We've have to see when we get a shokugeki whether or not this is the start of a new arc or an epilogue.

It isn’t dropping. It was the ninth best selling manga in 2016 and the ninth in 2017.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts
Megumi is Tenth Seat. If Bleach has taught me anything, that means when she actually gets her win it'll be against Erina so that she can be Zeroth Seat, where she truly belongs.

edit: I mean as the strongest, not as the trash. There'd be no room in the garbage with Azami and all his baggage taking up so much space, anyway

PubicMice fucked around with this message at 21:48 on May 27, 2018

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

PubicMice posted:

Megumi is Tenth Seat. If Bleach has taught me anything, that means when she actually gets her win it'll be against Erina so that she can be Zeroth Seat, where she truly belongs.
Poor Megumi :ohdear:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

PubicMice posted:

edit: I mean as the strongest, not as the trash. There'd be no room in the garbage with Azami and all his baggage taking up so much space, anyway

Thank you for making the Yammy joke. I wanted to but I could not find the way to word it satisfactorily.

'Who ever said the Elite 10 go from ten to one?'

'Everyone, that is pretty well established.'

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
So what you’re saying is that she’ll get chumped constantly, get into a massive fight that reveals her true power and then lose off screen?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Alacron posted:

So what you’re saying is that she’ll get chumped constantly, get into a massive fight that reveals her true power and then lose off screen?

great, more of the same

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Oh, ok then.

Also funny that someone brings Bleach comparisons to the front taking into account that both Sosuke Aizen and Azami Nakiri have:
  • Fairly similar designs (handsome older men, but not prettier than the series' designated prettier boys)
  • Traumatizing a gifted cute girl with big boobs to the brink of despair.
  • Have 10 main powerful underlings (at least in theory)
  • Similar choice of wardrobe/colors
  • Same delusions of grandeur "for the greater good"
  • Took a "grampa"-looking character down a peg (Barragan for Aizen, Senzaemon for Azami)
  • Same voice actor
  • Have the same name length (I mean, not in kanji, which I guess it's what matters to Japanese fans, but still: 11 letters)
Trust no one. :tinfoil:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I think I’m ok with Soma running around being Erina’s food hitman for a bit, I hope that they make it funny and that we get some good character interaction

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

TheKingofSprings posted:

I think I’m ok with Soma running around being Erina’s food hitman for a bit, I hope that they make it funny and that we get some good character interaction
I hope that Soma is extremely dumb and cute about it.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Also Erina’s current VA is going on a year long hiatus, which is a strong implication that Risa Taneda will be returning

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Cool, she was good.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
https://www.readms.net/r/shokugeki_no_souma/265/5125/1?mobile=1

Chapter’s up

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
That's just jam, isn't it? The old man is fine, r-right? :ohdear:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I hope the rest of the series is just these two solving crimes.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I hope the rest of the series is just these two solving crimes.

Give me Soma solving them with a rotating team and I can dig it

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I am into this.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

TheKingofSprings posted:

Give me Soma solving them with a rotating team and I can dig it
That would un-ironically rule. Like Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated, but with Cooking Fights!

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Shokugeki Five O

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I never realized how much I want Headmaster Erina to turn into the archetypal police chief who yells at Souma for breaking every rule in the book. Bonus points if she starts wearing suspenders and dress shirts for no goddamn reason.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Book 'em, Hisako!

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I never realized how much I want Headmaster Erina to turn into the archetypal police chief who yells at Souma for breaking every rule in the book. Bonus points if she starts wearing suspenders and dress shirts for no goddamn reason.

soma may be a loose cannelloni but by god he gets results

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I really hope we get a good long period of stories where [This is a Cooking Manga] has to be put up all the time.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
And people claimed this series was on its last legs. :P

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Erina being super rich and powerful but so cheap to not get separate rooms for her employees seems about right.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

hiddenriverninja posted:

Erina being super rich and powerful but so cheap to not get separate rooms for her employees seems about right.

She's making her own romance manga now.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

net work error posted:

She already has Hisako, though. :heysexy:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

net work error posted:

Please no love triangles

I really hope Megumi’s reaction was what she would’ve done with any guy

Wark Say posted:

She already has Hisako, though. :heysexy:

Not after that awful bowl cut she doesn’t :rip:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

U-unbelievably cute :3:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Xelkelvos posted:

I really hope we get a good long period of stories where [This is a Cooking Manga] has to be put up all the time.

Have [This is a Cooking Anime] be the subtitle for the anime when it gets there.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

hiddenriverninja posted:

I think Erina is actually just oblivious to the fact that two opposite gendered teenagers sleeping in the same room would have implications.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

I think Erina is actually just oblivious to the fact that two opposite gendered teenagers sleeping in the same room would have implications.

The chapter said Hisako arranged the hotel accommodations didn’t it?