Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Don't worry, we are retaliating with the full force of the Canadian Government by placing massive tariffs on *Squints* Cucumbers and other gherkins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

DariusLikewise posted:

Don't worry, we are retaliating with the full force of the Canadian Government by placing massive tariffs on *Squints* Cucumbers and other gherkins

I read an article saying this might be carefully targeted to hit the districts of influential US politicians. Like Kentucky bourbon to hit McConnell, apparently there's a significant cucumber and gherkin industry in Paul Ryan's district, maple syrup to try and provoke Bernie Sanders into fighting the tariffs, etc.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/steel-tariff-maple-syrup-toilet-paper-1.4686833

The other rationale is supposedly that they tried to pick non-essential consumer goods, so Canadians won't be forced to spend more money if they don't want to but US manufacturers will feel the reduced sales.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Trying to negotiate with Trump sounds like this to me:

"If we offer him up one city to destroy as he pleases, maybe Godzilla won't stomp on the rest!"

The sad thing is that it's clear from the movies that Godzilla actually does have some kind of moral code and sense of rationale that one could conceivably appeal to.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Listen, just name the former-KM pipeline after Trump now that the govt owns it and promise to paint it gold. Now where's my order of Canada?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Nocturtle posted:

Listen, just name the former-KM pipeline after Trump now that the govt owns it and promise to paint it gold. Now where's my order of Canada?

*pipeline proceeds to spray everywhere, just like it's namesake*

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

The Sean posted:

Trump Thread IV: The President's Softwood Problem

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

MA-Horus posted:

*pipeline proceeds to spray everywhere, just like it's namesake*

More like Trump would pay to watch it spray everywhere

Dukemont
Aug 17, 2005
chocolate microscopes
Here’s hoping that an anti-Trump sentiment here will work against the conservatives in Ontario.

The NDP should start hammering on it

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Hand Knit posted:

Yo Dreylad get in your bunker we've probably got a nuclear Jack Granatstein take coming in the next couple of days.

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/a-key-player-in-indigenous-cultural-genocide-historians-erase-sir-john-a-macdonalds-name-from-book-prize

That headline though.

Yes, ceasing honouring an rear end in a top hat who participated in genocide is totally historical erasure, and the NatPo subeditor who concocted it totally knows what that term means.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Anthem-chat: Toronto public schools play the anthem at the start of the day, sometimes English/French, or just instrumental. Many schools also have a little speech acknowledging that the land is the traditional home of various First Nations peoples.

Wifey and I are going to vote today I think. I haven't seen a single NDP sign in my area, so I'm not going to be shocked if we go Con or Lib. I'm still hoping that the Orange Crush will sweep the province.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/davidakin/status/1002602800805793793

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
one more week. Someone throw a hail mary.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Can the Greens and NDP form a government together like in BC?

(Oh wait FPTP, Greens won't be getting any seats at all, will they?)

Silver Spooner
Jun 10, 2013

Lead out in cuffs posted:

They have a fighting chance in Guelph, but I think that's the only one.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Lead out in cuffs posted:

No, and also no. This is Ontario we don't do coalition governments

I mean, it's theoretically possible, but PCPO gets first crack at governing in a minority scenario where the ONDP and Greens would have to team up, and there's no chance the OLP won't support every single confidence vote they throw up

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
I think this will be a winner takes all election between the NDP and PCs. I doubt the Liberals or Greens will win enough seats to force a minority situation

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

infernal machines posted:

No, and also no. This is Ontario we don't do coalition governments

I mean, it's theoretically possible, but PCPO gets first crack at governing in a minority scenario where the ONDP and Greens would have to team up, and there's no chance the OLP won't support every single confidence vote they throw up

Unless it's a NDP minority, then it's informal coalition time at the opposition for the liberals and the tories to kneecap them hard and then 20 years of Lib/Tory darkness

(all I'm saying is if the NDP doesn't get a majority, Horwath is going to get Bob Raed and hard)

Agnosticnixie fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jun 1, 2018

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Can't wait to see how fast the Tories bury the hatchet with the Liberals in the face of an NDP minority. Absolute bosom buds inside a month I bet.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
I could see the Liberals getting wiped out to be honest. Who the hell wants to vote for them, and why?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

My neighbour has a Liberal sign, but I haven’t asked him why.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
This trade war thing is great because on top of the tarriffs we're going to be treated to another round of american liberals and media gushing about how much of a woke liberal visionary Trudeau is while he's probably already trying to figure out when he can send the RCMP to start shooting pipeline protesters.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

gently caress. Why are the PCs winning again.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Applied for mail in voting this morning. I was going home to vote next week but a scheduling conflict came up so i had to scramble to get my application in on time.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Kraftwerk posted:

Because it is inevitable.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
In the face of economic warfare with the states, Ontarians retreat to the one thing every Canadian can count on: a shithead populist

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
Hey city people, what subculture do you call Horwath's son? I am way out of touch with kids these days.

Dukemont
Aug 17, 2005
chocolate microscopes
looks like a russian convict...

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That is a look.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011

Azerban posted:

Because it is inevitable.

People are literally voting for a brand. There’s nothing of substance here. It’s ridiculous.

And most of those PC voters consider the rest of us mentally ill.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Kraftwerk posted:

"But Bob Rae"

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Postess with the Mostest posted:

Hey city people, what subculture do you call Horwath's son? I am way out of touch with kids these days.

Its called a hipster. You don't wanna know how much he wasted on those supreme pants.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011

Notice the NDP decline as liberals go up.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

patonthebach posted:

Its called a hipster. You don't wanna know how much he wasted on those supreme pants.

It's only later that the sword and anime neck tattoo sneak up on you.

Guess with /r/incels closed down he's got more time to make mixtapes for his mom, so that's nice.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Must be a "Sorry, not sorry" bump

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

patonthebach posted:

That's a wee bit too trashy even for hipster

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
We've all seen lovely upper-middle-class kids before, they just reinvent themselves every few years.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
I dont' see how the NDP gets a minority

probable pv margin range is somewhere between NDP+4 to NDP+6 for premier Horvath, and I lean towards higher end of that spectrum

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

I will raise you

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

James Baud fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Aug 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Broad strokes man, that kid is 100% pure son of Hamilton.

The kinda guy who'd piss into empties in his own living room.