Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
I wonder how charged dash cwc lightning warp works now that you can move the dash around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

According to POE Antiquary, exalted orbs have gone up in price by 10-25 chaos every league since Essence.

What are the dynamics behind this? I don't know anything about economics so I'm at a loss.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Since Elemental Hit doesn't really get much from any of the offensive auras, I wonder if it's best to just go with defensive auras? Grace and Blashemy Enfeeble/Tchains, or something.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Mystery Prize posted:

Since Elemental Hit doesn't really get much from any of the offensive auras, I wonder if it's best to just go with defensive auras? Grace and Blashemy Enfeeble/Tchains, or something.

haste/grace/heralds imo

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Drunk Badger posted:

I also had Frost Blades for a while, but ended up finding that Wild Strike cleared faster

You have any MS builds you like?

I just ran the Mathil build that I'm pretty sure you linked, and geared it hard

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

is the league start 4 pm or 5 pm eastern?

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
Almost a total newbie here (I've cleared up to Act VI and that's about it), could someone recommend me a starter build for Incursion? I'd rather not do Pathfinder, since that's what I rolled on my other character, but otherwise I'm not picky. Just having some choice paralysis looking at the build forums.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
The heralds don't add much to damage with Elemental Hit since you're already doing so much flat ele and they might not even work 2/3rds of the time if you don't use any of the jewels. The added effects due to ailments would still work fine, but I think HoT is the only one whose effect lasts long enough to be significant without jewels. If you went full cold for some reason then HoI would help your clearspeed by providing shatters. HoA is just awful no matter what.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

baram. posted:

is the league start 4 pm or 5 pm eastern?

4pm

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Did they change it when people went :thunk: or will elemental hit still work if you damage conversion everything to fire and use the 2 jewels to lock it to fire.

Cause I'll probably do that if it's a thing.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

LordHippoman posted:

Almost a total newbie here (I've cleared up to Act VI and that's about it), could someone recommend me a starter build for Incursion? I'd rather not do Pathfinder, since that's what I rolled on my other character, but otherwise I'm not picky. Just having some choice paralysis looking at the build forums.
Arc totems are probably going to be braindead easy and super strong.

join usssss

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

space marine todd posted:

According to POE Antiquary, exalted orbs have gone up in price by 10-25 chaos every league since Essence.

What are the dynamics behind this? I don't know anything about economics so I'm at a loss.

The ex:chaos ratio has everything to do with the following factors:

The league gimmick - monster density, crafting mechanics, etc; supply and demand poo poo
The league currency sink (Zana) - if there's something good that people want to run, like Breach, they're burning 4+ chaos a map.
The amount of players in the league
The average account maturity of the playerbase

If you have a stable gimmick that doesn't cause the playerbase to drop off, and you have a steady and reliable chaos sink, then ex:chaos stays mostly reasonable and increases as the playerbase pushes towards endgame. There's a few bumps and dips along the way, but in the end the ex:chaos ratio should approach standard league at the very end.

Bestiary was poo poo from that perspective because there wasn't really a good chaos sink, there wasn't any boosts to monster density (mainlining Abyss wasn't really enough to tip the scale at 10%/map) and you had players dropping from the league gimmick being meh. So that all kinda went critical mass and boom.

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

Vasudus posted:

The ex:chaos ratio has everything to do with the following factors:

The league gimmick - monster density, crafting mechanics, etc; supply and demand poo poo
The league currency sink (Zana) - if there's something good that people want to run, like Breach, they're burning 4+ chaos a map.
The amount of players in the league
The average account maturity of the playerbase

If you have a stable gimmick that doesn't cause the playerbase to drop off, and you have a steady and reliable chaos sink, then ex:chaos stays mostly reasonable and increases as the playerbase pushes towards endgame. There's a few bumps and dips along the way, but in the end the ex:chaos ratio should approach standard league at the very end.

Bestiary was poo poo from that perspective because there wasn't really a good chaos sink, there wasn't any boosts to monster density (mainlining Abyss wasn't really enough to tip the scale at 10%/map) and you had players dropping from the league gimmick being meh. So that all kinda went critical mass and boom.

Thank you! That is a super helpful explanation.

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013
Can someone tell me why tesla cyclone is a bad starter build? I want to do it.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129487

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Did they change it when people went :thunk: or will elemental hit still work if you damage conversion everything to fire and use the 2 jewels to lock it to fire.

Cause I'll probably do that if it's a thing.

The 2 jewels + full fire conversion will still work, that's confirmed. However, we have no idea how common or rare those jewels will be so maybe have a backup plan just in case some rear end in a top hat at GGG thinks it's funny to make them the same drop rate as Primordial Might.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
love that feeling of being in queue for a new league and I still don't know what I'm playing

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

Soothing Vapors posted:

love that feeling of being in queue for a new league and I still don't know what I'm playing

I've changed my mind so many times and am still undecided. I figure I'll make a snap decision at the character selection screen. Current lean is molten strike Jugg.

Then, knowing me, I'll decide in a day or two that I should have gone with one of the other options and I'll start that one. Repeat til league end, with a desolate atlas and no currency. You'd think I'd have learned not to do that by now.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

theshim posted:

join usssss

Is there going to be a trick to running this or a stupid leveling strat, I've literally never made a Hierophant before and I missed the entirety of the last league and major patch so idk what's up anymore

nerox
May 20, 2001
Just got home to find out my internet has been out since about 10 minutes after I left for work this morning. Tethering with my phone puts the patch download about another 24 hours until done.

RIP my first day of the league.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

Is there going to be a trick to running this or a stupid leveling strat, I've literally never made a Hierophant before and I missed the entirety of the last league and major patch so idk what's up anymore

No tricks, it's literally as simple as linking Arc + Spell Totem + whatever damage supports, dropping totems and watching the screen melt.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight
gently caress, I've still got a 3-way split on what my first character should be. I KNOW a skele/spectre witch is probably my best option but I swapped one of my bestiary scions over to the Whispering Ice Scorching Ray build to try it and it's really cool, but I also did Mathil's Arc Totems in flashback and it was already way good and now it'll be stupid loving good. Goddamn. I'll probably still go witch because it's braindead and basically only requires Bones of Ullr until like yellow maps (I'll still power grind for a Vis Mortis because I just love me some spectres :v: ).

edit: The servers need to come up so I can delete a bunch of characters, dang it :argh:

double edit: gently caress it, I'll do witch to guarantee I get a smooth start on atlas completion, I did like 3 squishy aoe builds in Bestiary before I broke down and made something that could easily clear into red maps with poo poo gear so I didn't get my atlas going for like a month and was really poor. Not gonna let myself have that problem again.

Rocketpriest fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jun 1, 2018

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

i can still taste him posted:

Then, knowing me, I'll decide in a day or two that I should have gone with one of the other options and I'll start that one. Repeat til league end, with a desolate atlas and no currency. You'd think I'd have learned not to do that by now.

Follow your heart. This is my plan as well.

They buffed too many skills to not make a million characters.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Gotta get one up to red maps at least to finance your ill advised alts tho

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
I did Tornado Shot last time I played in a league (Fall of Oriath release). Gonna try melee skeletons this time, I think. Hopefully, I will avoid all of the hot-demand items for Arc totems.

but lol I need a Kaom's any way great

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
So, will popular Vaal gems be more expensive this league for obvious reasons, or not so much due to the gem troves you can get in the temple potentially adding a lot of extra gems to the economy?

Broshevik
Mar 25, 2011

No Pain
can't w8 to make my flameblast ignite build and still have it be real bad

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

theshim posted:

join usssss

I will trust you implicitly because of your FE affinity and go with this.

Hierophant is the ascendancy class for this, right? I did a quick Arc Totem build google and that's what the first result seemed to indicate.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
have a great league y'all

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
congratz to those not at work, rip to all that are

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

LordHippoman posted:

I will trust you implicitly because of your FE affinity and go with this.

Hierophant is the ascendancy class for this, right? I did a quick Arc Totem build google and that's what the first result seemed to indicate.

Yep. Take pursuit of faith from normal lab then ritual of awakening for the second one.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

have a great league y'all

yeah :unsmith:

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

just got disconnected from 4300th in the queue to 40000th. league sucks

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Insurrectionist posted:

So, will popular Vaal gems be more expensive this league for obvious reasons, or not so much due to the gem troves you can get in the temple potentially adding a lot of extra gems to the economy?

21/20 vaal gems will be expensive, but a 1/0 vaal gem can't really be more expensive than four vaal orbs.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Was at 2.3k... Unexpected Disconnection, now at 45k :smith:

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Unexpected disconnection -> 38k queue, RIP

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
Same :smith: oh well, it's goin' pretty quick.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I'm in :woop:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

you lot have fun with your early start, I got probably five and a half hours to go :sigh:

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Yeah I'm at work, so hopefully the queue will be better once I can play later. ^^^^ same but only like 3.5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
The first few hours of every league have a lot of disconnects due to the crazy server load, don't stress too much. You've got 3 months! 5k in queue for me, enjoy everyone.

Edit: unexpected disconnection as the queue hit 0. Back to 30k now, gonna take my own advice and chill with a beer while picking some good music to playlist up.

Mentat Radnor fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jun 1, 2018