Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Man they're really trying to wring as much as they can out of this panty snatcher subplot in apollo justice

e: really wanna wipe the smirk off klavier's face goddamn

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jun 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"premixed drinks" aren't actually premixed drinks they're just malt liquor with a ton of sugar and flavoring and they all suck

picked up PixelJunk Monsters 2 and i'm not feeling the complaints people have. yeah it's pretty much just more of the same and not having a way to view the whole level at once is a bit of a pain but it's still really really good.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

e: really wanna wipe the smirk off klavier's face goddamn

Keep your expectations in check.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

What were they even trying to do with Klavier? He has no character at all, and no real flaws or conflicts. All I can see is he's supposed to be a contrast to previous prosecutors who have a beef with Phoenix by not really even noticing Apollo, which is I guess consistent with the AA4 theme of always dumping on Apollo.

Ema is right to hate him.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I think they thought they had mined the stories they could tell with an antagonist prosecutor and made a friendlier one but it turns out that's boring

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

chumbler posted:

What were they even trying to do with Klavier? He has no character at all, and no real flaws or conflicts. All I can see is he's supposed to be a contrast to previous prosecutors who have a beef with Phoenix by not really even noticing Apollo, which is I guess consistent with the AA4 theme of always dumping on Apollo.

he's hot

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I looked this guy up on Google Images. So like does he kiss Apollo a lot in the games?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

GUI posted:

Keep your expectations in check.

:(

Jay Rust posted:

I looked this guy up on Google Images. So like does he kiss Apollo a lot in the games?

No, he just keeps calling him "Herr forehead" and dropping german words left and right and bragging about his music career and it's just kind of annoying

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

He's got sweet air guitar skills.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can anyone help me buy a good or at least decent Playstation 3 controller? The Dual Shock 3 that came with my white PS3 is hosed up for Yakuza. All that's on Amazon is third party stuff and I dunno what to trust.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Oh man, Mario 🎾 Aces feels great to play. I haven't tried motion controls yet though

Edit: Tennis

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I like Klavier fine but he does lack a real arc compared to others outside of the last case, which again runs into the issue of kinda existing outside anything Apollo does.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

Can anyone help me buy a good or at least decent Playstation 3 controller? The Dual Shock 3 that came with my white PS3 is hosed up for Yakuza. All that's on Amazon is third party stuff and I dunno what to trust.

Is this helpful? https://www.gamespot.com/articles/playstation-4-controller-now-works-wirelessly-with-playstation-3/1100-6420866/

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

chumbler posted:

he's in a music video you have to watch 100 times

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

:(

No, he just keeps calling him "Herr forehead" and dropping german words left and right and bragging about his music career and it's just kind of annoying

fwiw Apollo Justice has the best final case antagonist breakdown in the entire franchise and I doubt they'll ever top it.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yeah! I guess I’ll do that next session. Thanks!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Apollo...

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I think I just saw the dreaded apollo justice "video"

Oh god do I really have to sit through and examine that a bunch of times? Jeeze...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Are there any types of games that play better on an arcade stick besides fighting games?

I mean I'm gonna play a lot of fighting games but I want to better justify what feels like a somewhat extravagant purchase

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

I think I just saw the dreaded apollo justice "video"

Oh god do I really have to sit through and examine that a bunch of times? Jeeze...

Get comfy

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Are there any types of games that play better on an arcade stick besides fighting games?

I mean I'm gonna play a lot of fighting games but I want to better justify what feels like a somewhat extravagant purchase
shmups, but imo what you want in a shmup stick is completely different than what you want in a fg stick. I would rather play just about any neogeo game on a stick, also

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Dark Souls

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Shmups and puzzlers

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What's your favorite unique controller that is only really useful for one genre of game?

I've never actually gotten to use one before but I imagine playing any kind of 6DoF game like Descent would be loads of fun with the proper controller setup. I don't know if there is a specific controller for that or not though.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

FirstAidKite posted:

What's your favorite unique controller that is only really useful for one genre of game?

wu-tang controller, which is of course only useful for deciphering the wu-tang secret

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

FirstAidKite posted:

I've never actually gotten to use one before but I imagine playing any kind of 6DoF game like Descent would be loads of fun with the proper controller setup. I don't know if there is a specific controller for that or not though.

My dad used a joystick for Descent. Dunno if that was the best option or not though.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

poo poo like the spaceorb was sold specifically for games like descent, its a weird rubber puck that you can move, tilt, or rotate in all directions

there's still stuff like the spacemouse today but that's mostly just used in cad (and it is one of the sickest HIDs I own), I've tried to play games with it and its super weird

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG7USiYY53c

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FirstAidKite posted:

Steel Battalion is the only real answer

I love my HOTAS though, flying is so much fun when you have to flip a little plastic thing to arm your missiles before you shoot them

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The Super Scope 6

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The Super Scope 6

hell loving yea

I would beat BattleClash every day before going to school

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

top five controllers of all time

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I played/beat dark souls dlc for first time tonight
It was good but short.

I also beat detroit and explored a few endings. So many painfully bad scenes available. I am once again really mad at david cage yet also content with the hearty laughs i got from cages idiotic portrayal of the very hardcore full on robo concentration death camps

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol david cage made a holocaust game

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

FirstAidKite posted:

The Dreamcast fishing controller, which is used, of course, to play Street Fighter 3.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hmm. I don't think Destiny 2 did so well, you guys

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bungie is doing a respawn speed run.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Taintrunner posted:

Steel Battalion is the only real answer

I wish I was into mech games cause this is insane

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The worst sin Klavier commits is defeating the villain. At least give Apollo that much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Taintrunner posted:

Hmm. I don't think Destiny 2 did so well, you guys

If only we bought more Eververse boxes. :(

• Locked thread