Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:krad:
I'll watch it while commuting. Pity we never got nuclear powered cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
That fuckin Ultimo Bot. He's pretty tough if you're low level, and he does not give up. That bastard will chase you clear across the map. Trauma Harnesses are similar, but not as bad.

I kinda love him :3:

Livewire42
Oct 2, 2013

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Hey fellers I'm having a heck of a time trying to find a good* video LP of NV with the DLC's ,can you help?

* Minimal to no commentary.

I was about to suggest Alchestbreach, but you said minimal commentary. Darn.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Oh jesus, the legendary bloatfly. It's killed me time after time in my past playthroughs, and never have I tried to Melee/Unarmed it. The fucker is insane. Granted...it isn't the last we'll see of Legendary creatures...

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

wish there was a Legendary Brahmin, tbh.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
I blame you ApeHawk. I’m going to play NV again, min-maxing my str and luck because I am a horrible packrat to the literal nth degree. Of course since I’m only able to play this on my PS3 I look forward to the 10 gig+ file bloat my PS3 will be holding onto

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Kemix posted:

I blame you ApeHawk. I’m going to play NV again, min-maxing my str and luck because I am a horrible packrat to the literal nth degree. Of course since I’m only able to play this on my PS3 I look forward to the 10 gig+ file bloat my PS3 will be holding onto

I'm both glad and sad for you. Even though FNV was supposed to run on the PS3/XBOX360, it still ended up not being the best console port. Hell, even on PC, it crashes a bunch.

Anyway, I'm busy finishing up the final update of OWB, and I think some of you might like one particular conversation...

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Chapter 31: Sun Vulture and the Old World Blues

Here it is, the finale of the third DLC of the game!

For those of you wondering why I have omitted the ending slideshow that accompanies finishing the DLC, I have decided that I'll show ALL the endling slides at the end of the game.

ApeHawk fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Apr 10, 2019

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
There's so much talking in this DLC, but I can't fault it, because it's good talking. :allears:

e: are you going to show off some of the other options for the final encounter? Because some of them are spectacular.

theshim fucked around with this message at 20:58 on May 25, 2018

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

theshim posted:

There's so much talking in this DLC, but I can't fault it, because it's good talking. :allears:

e: are you going to show off some of the other options for the final encounter? Because some of them are spectacular.

Nah. Gotta leave something to the imagination. Not everyone takes the diplomatic approaches. I was really tempted to do the Speech checks, though.

Stago Lego
Sep 3, 2011
I has always bothered me that I didn't get the reference to dala's name. Now I know and can finaly sleep easy again.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

It's pretty obscure and out there, I admit. Had to look it up myself when I first played OWB.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Not so obscure for me, my mum draws mandalas as a hobby.
Reference for mandalas:

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Mobius's raisins always get me.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

McTimmy posted:

Mobius's raisins always get me.

it's most probably inspired by this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKMLQ_RgJ4A

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
That fourth wall didn't know what hit it :allears:

Sketchie
Nov 14, 2012

Oh boy, translating time! :dance:

これは、著者がオンライン翻訳者の使用に問題があるためです
彼はそれに問題があるようだ、私は同意する
また、彼はいつもそれを使い続けたくない
それはかなり不愉快なギャグのようです
常に使用されている場合のみ

Translates to:
This is because the author has problems with the use of online translators
He seems to have problems with it, I agree
Also, he does not always want to keep using it
It seems like a pretty unpleasant gag
Only when it is always in use

:allears:

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Glad you guys are liking the different languages, cuz we're about to meet someone else who knows another language next update.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Does that Saturnite fist stay eternally hot with the power of toast, or will you have to stop by occasionally to recharge?

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Glazius posted:

Does that Saturnite fist stay eternally hot with the power of toast, or will you have to stop by occasionally to recharge?

Much like the fire of canibalism that burns within Sun Vulture, the saturnite fist's never goes out and will continuously burn away the evils of the world (that isn't Sun Vulture)

Edit: Also, I'd like to point out that, even at low levels (I started this at 6 earlier this week) it's a loving GOLD MINE for gaining caps. The shop interface has about 10k+ caps on hand usually, it refreshes it's inventory every once in a while (Though I -think- you have to stay outside The Sink for it to restock, about 3~ days worth of staying outside the sink) and it has a tendency to sell Stimpacks, Prime and Powder Sets (obviously for those who have a bunch of casings around and use guns) and has a buttfuckton of ammo, I'm thinking this also extends to DLC ammo from the Gun Runners Arsenal, but even if it doesn't, you'll have more than enough gun and energy ammo to buy. Not to mention stuff like the Proton Axes, Lobotomite Mask and Goggles and even the lobotomites wearing Patient's Gowns can sell for a hundred or so caps at the low end when fully repaired (Depending on Barter of course), so...yea, if you're willing to put up with more damage than you normally take at level, OWB can be quite useful to low level characters...just be prepared to be using Melee or Guns (you can get a K9000 upon a successful Guns 50 check at the start of the DLC with the brains, more ammo with a 75) until you start finding actual Energy Weapons or Saturnite Fists if that's the path you wanna walk down.

Kemix fucked around with this message at 05:14 on May 29, 2018

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Who wants to help clean up Freeside!?

Chapter 32: Sun Vulture and the Freeside Followers

ApeHawk fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Apr 10, 2019

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Freeside is such a cheerful place, also one of the places you can impact the most with your choices.
Thanks again for filling out all the dead space between conversations, this makes it a much more enjoyable LP.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Freeside's a pretty chill place and The Kings are good people who (try) to do good things for the populace.

Heir03
Oct 16, 2012

Pillbug

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Freeside is such a cheerful place, also one of the places you can impact the most with your choices.
Thanks again for filling out all the dead space between conversations, this makes it a much more enjoyable LP.

Yes indeed. Loving the added conversation.

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

i don't like the nerd

sell him into slavery

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

incompetent posted:

i don't like the nerd

sell him into slavery

Arcade is a cool and good character even if in Hardcore mode he is made of glass.

I still think this is probably the most depressing ending slide in the game for a companion :smith:.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
The King is the best person in the Wasteland, I wish they'd made The Kings more prominent in the late-game.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

It's pretty obvious that they had more in mind but couldn't afford to licence the likeness of Elvis.
When you talk to them they explain that all those inspiring tapes the got the colture from have worn out in time. Every.Single.One.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Couple things:

1) Glad you guys are loving the conversations! I put a lot of thought into them, which is probably why these updates take a while longer than they should.

2) I've been busy at work, so after this next update, expect a bit of a delay while I build up more of a backlog.

3) Next update is a Kings update and yes, I agree that we should've had more Kings content than we did. I feel the same about the Atom Cats from Fallout 4, the only good faction in that game.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

At least NV had a rather short dev time and not having the license for Elvis to excuse it, F4 Devs just decided to focus on the most boring feature instead of fleshing the cool things out.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Didn't know there were licensing issues. Thought it was a great way to get the idea across without banging the player over the head with it.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

queserasera posted:

Didn't know there were licensing issues. Thought it was a great way to get the idea across without banging the player over the head with it.

There's a lot that I'd like to say about The Kings that I can't because I don't want to spoil stuff.

Heir03
Oct 16, 2012

Pillbug
Did everyone see the announcement about Fallout 76? Got my hopes up it'd be a spin off of Fallout 4 much like NV is for 3. Looks like it might be more of an online survival game ala Rust.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Heir03 posted:

Did everyone see the announcement about Fallout 76? Got my hopes up it'd be a spin off of Fallout 4 much like NV is for 3. Looks like it might be more of an online survival game ala Rust.

They "claimed" it isn't...but still :ughh: I just hope this game isn't the massive anti-climax FO4 was. Holy gently caress they just...discarded everything that Obsidian put down in NV and poo poo all over the grave. And the less said about the settlement defense and their "creator's club" the loving better.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
So... I gotta ask...

Are you going to go for the super special cannibalism perk? You know the one.

(Not sure if someone already asked this at some point. Keeping it vague though.)

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
It's probably going to be an online battle royale game ala Fortnite. You can use their home building tools from FO4 to build small forts while every five minutes a thick radiation cloud closes in tighter and tighter, slowly killing anyone trapped inside.

Heir03
Oct 16, 2012

Pillbug

Kemix posted:

They "claimed" it isn't...but still :ughh: I just hope this game isn't the massive anti-climax FO4 was. Holy gently caress they just...discarded everything that Obsidian put down in NV and poo poo all over the grave. And the less said about the settlement defense and their "creator's club" the loving better.

I still can't get myself to play FO4. I think I sunk about 8-10 hours in and it just felt like a slog the whole time.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

The settlement construction kit could have been great, as a separate game.
Maybe that mobile thing the kids are into these days?

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Arcade is my favourite character, understatedly awesome.

He's one of only a couple written by JE Sawyer, I can only remember one other off the top of my head and he's standout too. Arcade was originally intended for Van Buren iirc and made a return for FNV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

I've always wanted to meet an impersonator in person.

Chapter 33: Sun Vulture and the King-Con

ApeHawk fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Apr 10, 2019