Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Junpei Hyde posted:

Apparently Asuka is their example of why she shouldn't even tho Asuka was pushed about as well as WWE will push anyone

Asuka was pushed just so she could make Charlotte look strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MotU posted:

i heard io got a special wellness clause in her contract and it's not for her heart

probably knee stuff. I'm glad people are pushing for TUE stuff in their contracts so they can get around the bullshit wellness policy.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

coconono posted:

probably knee stuff. I'm glad people are pushing for TUE stuff in their contracts so they can get around the bullshit wellness policy.

MotU is making a weed joke most likely. Io got busted for weed awhile back. She's clean now though.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

fatherofmustard posted:

Truly the 2 year undefeated streak was for that and only that

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

Also Tessa's finish looks terrible 90% of the time and she still gets mad every time they mess it up.

And she often hurts people with it.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

fatherofmustard posted:

Asuka is being advertised as having a match at Extreme Rules according to WON. Very likely a rematch against Carmella, to get her rematch clause out of the way, so they can start building towards Charlotte/Asuka II at Summerslam. :ssh:

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

DarkstarIV posted:

She's clean now though.

You keep saying this like you know her

And you keep using the word "clean" like she's some kind of a heroin addict. It's just weed, and she's leaving the Weed Gulag Island so guess what, she's gonna be smoking that Orlando dirt

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Mob posted:

You keep saying this like you know her

And you keep using the word "clean" like she's some kind of a heroin addict. It's just weed, and she's leaving the Weed Gulag Island so guess what, she's gonna be smoking that Orlando dirt

It's not that hard to find out. She's publicly admitted she's kicked the habit of smoking weed as she wants to focus exclusively on her career. I don't know how that means I suddenly "know her", when she's been very public about no longer smoking it, especially since it almost ruined her life completely (her words, not mine). I don't think she's going to go back to it when she moves to Orlando, simply because like it was brought up earlier, WWE is the place she wants to be. And they'll pop her for a wellness violation at the very minimum if she gets caught with it.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 22:17 on May 31, 2018

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Rossy said his big four are Kagetsu, Mayu, Momo and Jungle Kyona. If Tam really isn't going, then I wonder why they seemingly dropped her rocket push.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Yes....Jungle is getting recognition!

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Baron Corbyn posted:

Rossy said his big four are Kagetsu, Mayu, Momo and Jungle Kyona. If Tam really isn't going, then I wonder why they seemingly dropped her rocket push.

Heard reports that Tam is very hard to work with......because she's just so darn cute!

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Baron Corbyn posted:

Dave said in the newsletter this morning that it was Xia Brookside who was signed apparently? I mean she is technically a member of the STARDOM roster (Io inducted her), but still.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Baron Corbyn posted:

I love Tam to death but she's gotten kinda clumsy since her start. Or I'm just noticing it more. They also killed the Tam Show apparently, which bums me out because Kris and Tam adventures were awesome.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Baron Corbyn posted:

It might be that you will never top "adorable wrestler gets bullied and finally stands up for herself in an exploding bat deathmatch" as a storyline, so they are just leaving things as perfect and moving on.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1002549907759226880?s=19

:smith:

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

It might be that you will never top "adorable wrestler gets bullied and finally stands up for herself in an exploding bat deathmatch" as a storyline, so they are just leaving things as perfect and moving on.

If that's the case, I just wish she would've gotten her big blowoff with Hana. Most of that story was so much about Hana trying everything she could think of to kill Tam and to have the big blowoff feature Io (instead of Mayu) and Sumire (instead of Hana) felt kind of unsatisfying.

Also that news about Maho is so sad. Hopefully she takes the time she needs.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
ICYMI: Io Shirai has a match coming up in Kenta Kobashi's promotion on June 11th. Io Shirai vs Hiroyo Matsumodo vs Meiko Satomura.

That match is going to rule.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jun 1, 2018

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Io trying to get her murdertime in before going to the states.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Tremendous exposure for Viper. Hope you all are able to see it or find ways to:

https://twitter.com/InsaneChampWres/status/1002539678288039936

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
If the proposed BBC Scotland expansion goes through (it's been provisionally approved by the broadcasting regulator here) that could be interesting for ICW. They already produce a TV show, so it would be cheap programming to fill out a schedule and it would fit the mission statement of homegrown material, plus Dallas obviously has some connections there with this, the previous documentary and the reality show they're doing.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

If the proposed BBC Scotland expansion goes through (it's been provisionally approved by the broadcasting regulator here) that could be interesting for ICW. They already produce a TV show, so it would be cheap programming to fill out a schedule and it would fit the mission statement of homegrown material, plus Dallas obviously has some connections there with this, the previous documentary and the reality show they're doing.

June is THE month when it comes if ICW and PROGRESS join the Network anytime soon. I've heard a third promotion a US-based one which is possibly the worse possible choice but that's a different matter.

ICW's Twitter announced new look ICW Fight Club - their TV/On Demand taping

https://twitter.com/InsaneChampWres/status/1002170426624282626

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

June is THE month when it comes if ICW and PROGRESS join the Network anytime soon. I've heard a third promotion a US-based one which is possibly the worse possible choice but that's a different matter.

Impact?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

ICYMI: Io Shirai has a match coming up in Kenta Kobashi's promotion on June 11th. Io Shirai vs Hiroyo Matsumodo vs Meiko Satomura.

Meiko has one of DDT's anywhere/anytime gauntlets that let her cash in for a shot against their champion at any time but can be lost by taking a fall to any opponent in any match in any promotion. What if Io pins her and takes the gauntlet to WWE?!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

IMPACT is Canadian and as of this week is ACTUALLY GOOD TV.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
GLOW Season 2 hits Netflix June 29th.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

Io also has a rematch with Meiko on June 16th in Sendai Girls. Their last match was one of the best matches this year.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

Baron Corbyn posted:

Not for nothin' but Tam's not half as good at wrestling as any of those four, and Stardom knows she's a draw whether she's getting pushed or not.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

coconono posted:

Io trying to get her murdertime in before going to the states.
Nothing beats Asuka trying to end herself via MiSu before getting signed.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Jun 2, 2018

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
I picked up the latest issue of Shukan Puroresu, the one that has Io Shirai on the cover with accompanying interview (where she's very open about going to WWE), and I noticed something funny. Very rarely do I have a second angle on anything, but I seemed to take a picture of Momo Watanabe's victory lap right before the Shukan Puroresu picture was taken.

Also according to Mick Foley in Have A Nice Day, no one gets to keep their comically oversized trophies.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Auritech posted:

I picked up the latest issue of Shukan Puroresu, the one that has Io Shirai on the cover with accompanying interview (where she's very open about going to WWE), and I noticed something funny. Very rarely do I have a second angle on anything, but I seemed to take a picture of Momo Watanabe's victory lap right before the Shukan Puroresu picture was taken.

Neato. Anything interesting/noteworthy in that interview that you can post here?

Speaking of Io, her match with Momo was uploaded to STARDOM World a few hours ago. Go watch it! It's real good.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams

DarkstarIV posted:

Neato. Anything interesting/noteworthy in that interview that you can post here?

It basically confirms the speculation that Io is leaving Stardom because she feels she's done everything she could there and she wants to grow by going to the WWE. She sees the success that Kairi and Asuka have had in their respective runs and sees them as rivals in terms of what she can do to succeed and how she can increase the visibility of women's wrestling as well as become a better competitor in her own right. Nothing terribly noteworthy as far as has been previously discussed but it does put into print what we had heard she was thinking.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

How you doing SHINE? Oh. oh no.

https://twitter.com/MiaYim/status/1002955548252364802

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Does Shine have a bad reputation?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

TV Zombie posted:

Does Shine have a bad reputation?

The promoter is kind of a scumbag and multiple women have complained about him. Not to mention like half the roster up and quit the company a couple years ago. Lexi Fyfe also quit, and she was basically the co-founder of SHINE.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

DM Punk posted:

The promoter is kind of a scumbag and multiple women have complained about him. Not to mention like half the roster up and quit the company a couple years ago. Lexi Fyfe also quit, and she was basically the co-founder of SHINE.

Who is the promoter?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Bret "The hitman" Hart

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Who is the promoter?

Sal Hamaoui

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Sal left a bunch of international talent, some of which with iffy english, without lodging or transport, forcing them to out of pocket the expense. Real class act.

wagnike2
May 31, 2007

Lucha LaBOOM
I always felt like Shine was a 3rd or 4th priority to whoever ran it. It just always seems to be done completely at the last minute, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Florida Wrestling, in general, is a cesspool. I always worry for female wrestlers who move there if they aren't contracted to a major company or a partner of someone who is.

Also, wrestlers think moving there will increase their WWE prospects and that pretty much never, ever happens.