Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I am also okay if he's just a complex character, a hero in some respects and garbage in others. Not sure why it has to be black or white.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Agronox posted:

I am also okay if he's just a complex character, a hero in some respects and garbage in others. Not sure why it has to be black or white.

Because Shonen Jump can't afford more than a couple color pages in a given issue.

Sana-kan
Nov 6, 2009
http://www.siliconera.com/2018/06/01/villains-dabi-himiko-join-hero-ones-justice-playable-characters/

Coverage of the One's Justice game just up and spoiled Toga's quirk

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

we've known what her quirk was ever since she stole deku's blood.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

we've known what her quirk was ever since she stole deku's blood.

the anime hasn't gotten there yet

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I totally forgot her given name was himiko

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

this isn't the anime thread.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
Not much of a spoiler, tbh. If the character's gonna be in the game should everyone involved feign ignorance about her quirk to avoid a very minor spoiler?

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Yeah, even if you knew her quirk, you'd be too busy guessing which existing character is her in disguise, rather than looking at the newly introduced ones.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Blockhouse posted:

Just from the training camp it shouldn't be hard to guess that Toga's quirk resolves around blood.

Also the Anime did an excellent job with One For All's reveal as the sound track used for him is so completely different from anything else the show has used makes it quite clear that he is on a completely different level then almost the entire cast.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I'm so excited, I can't wait to believe in All Might all over again.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Rhonne posted:

I'm so excited, I can't wait to believe in All Might all over again.

Yeah, I'm really pumped for the next couple of episodes and I've been waiting for this since last year.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Arist posted:

sns is good that part is just very not

unfortunately "that part" is like half the manga at this point.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I have high hopes for the next episode of the anime. Biggest thing I want is for them to stretch out the initial fight of All Might and All for One. Episode ends with him protecting the woman that's trapped and smoke clears to show his thin form all roughed up. Smash cut to credits.

Preview for the episode after that is just imagery like him curled over the flame and Deku and Bakugo crying just for maximum fuckery :v:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

boy am I glad I never got into soma

Soma is great, Azami and everything related to him kinda suck though

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Inflammatory posted:

unfortunately "that part" is like half the manga at this point.

It still has a lot of good points throughout it, Central was just an ultra lovely concept to have in the fun food manga

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
"Valvrave was great, you just have to work past the gratuitous, consistent rape."

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

seems a bit disingenuous

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

dogsicle posted:

seems a bit disingenuous
Yeah, and I never finished valvrave (because wtf) but I do still keep up with SNS ... but at a certain point we do have to realize that the arguments we may be making are, uh ... not great.

It's okay to read or watch some trashy stuff, stuff that if you had to describe in polite or 'woke' company would cause funny faces.
Let's just not fool ourselves as to what it is.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i think there's a significant difference between the manga normally being a cooking series with cheesecakey bits, and the single arc that has a really shittily handled parental abuse plotline. the thread already made the case for why the latter is bad, making the case for the series having merit outside of that part seems fine?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
You are right. And now that I'm reading it again I came off a bit stronger than I wanted to, I do generally agree. Sorry about that.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I just want to point out that Valvrave was terrible and stupid before the rape. Also there was only the one rape. It makes up for lack of quantity by being the most wrongheaded rape scene I've ever seen. I could write a loving essay about how poo poo that scene is.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Akett posted:

I just want to point out that Valvrave was terrible and stupid before the rape. Also there was only the one rape. It makes up for lack of quantity by being the most wrongheaded rape scene I've ever seen. I could write a loving essay about how poo poo that scene is.

same, which led to my english prof being extremely confused

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I have high hopes for the next episode of the anime. Biggest thing I want is for them to stretch out the initial fight of All Might and All for One. Episode ends with him protecting the woman that's trapped and smoke clears to show his thin form all roughed up. Smash cut to credits.

Preview for the episode after that is just imagery like him curled over the flame and Deku and Bakugo crying just for maximum fuckery :v:

I think that or the revelation about Shigaraki are good spots for a cliffhanger. Both moments when All Might loses his confidence and set up his righteous last stand for the next episode

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Technically Shigaraki has already been revealed if anyone remembered Nana's name

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I'm a bit late because I had some catching up to do, but goddamn I love Gentle and La Brava. I absolutely hope they come back at some point.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
FYI the next episode is titled "Symbol of Peace" and the anime has been pretty good about consistently ending with the same chapter as the episode title.

The corresponding chapter in the manga would see the episode end with the kids successfully rescuing Bakugo, leaving the episode after to probably be the entirety of OFA vs AFO.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011

Kild posted:

Technically Shigaraki has already been revealed if anyone remembered Nana's name

Only if you can then bridge the gap between Shimura Tenko and Shigaraki Tomura. Which I'm not sure I could do even if you gave me the benefit of having the actual kanji in front of me.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

The way the anime has been improving the already good manga chapters is giving me hope that they'll be able to improve Overhaul's. :pray:

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

gmq posted:

The way the anime has been improving the already good manga chapters is giving me hope that they'll be able to improve Overhaul's. :pray:

The biggest gripe a lot of people had was the pacing, which should be fixed. But I would not be opposed if they give the girls something to do as well.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

FH_Meta posted:

Only if you can then bridge the gap between Shimura Tenko and Shigaraki Tomura. Which I'm not sure I could do even if you gave me the benefit of having the actual kanji in front of me.

You learn Shigaraki's real name in a flashback he has in which you see him as a child being found by All For One. There's no gap to bridge.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Have they even mentioned that All Might's master was named Shimura Nana yet? I thought that gets revealed during the big fight.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I am seriously looking forward to Deku vs Overhaul in the anime, that is going to look incredible in motion.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
I'm not because Overhauls arc sucked.
It'll probably work better in motion though.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Personally, I want a full episode of Class B's Completely Totally Original Play DO NOT STEAL.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The whole Bakugou rescue arc is going quicker than I thought it would. Will we have time to get into Overhaul in this season, or is there enough between the two arcs?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The license stuff is between arcs so I doubt it.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
This season will likely end on Deku vs Bakugou round 2.

I like the Overhaul arc as a whole now that it's finished but it has weird pacing issues and overemphasizes Mirio IMO- there could be some big twist involving him that could happen in the future that makes it make sense but on its own it's like Deku is a side character in his own manga. Nighteye is the kind of throwaway character you'd get in a filler movie with how he shows up with a power you as a reader KNOW means he either loses it or dies or vanishes because it's just too plot-breaking.

I think if the anime juggles some of the elements around and fillers the right stuff it'll be pretty dope when animated. Filler the girl's fight with the goon upstairs so we can see them do stuff, make more of Kirishima's flashback happen when he discovers his unbreakable form so his flashback during his fight in the raid is a bit shorter and to the point, and that'll make the animated version fill out nicely. The arc's action scenes feel long in the manga because Hori was dying for half the arc and they were short chapters, but you could pretty much do any two of the fights before Mirio vs Overhaul in a single episode. The entire raid is maybe 4 episodes of material.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

oh jay posted:

Have they even mentioned that All Might's master was named Shimura Nana yet? I thought that gets revealed during the big fight.

Shimura was revealed back after the stain arc. Nana is revealed in the big fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I wonder if this season will end with the introduction of the Big 3? Like, the last shot of the season being the three of them walking into class.