Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Steve Yun posted:

Runs into room, out of breath, cups hands around mouth

THERES A NEW SHAQ FU GAME

Old news is old. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Kilometers Davis posted:

I wanted Agony to be a good game so bad but nah, hard pass on that. It looks really rough from gameplay videos. Not fun to play, not nearly as creative and hosed up as it wants to be. When I asked about it itt though I was recommended Scorn. It’s Windows only so I won’t be able to play it at this point but it looks like it could scratch the Agony itch in a much better designed way. Check it out.

I just want more hosed up :black101: hell realm games. I want a video game of The Void.

oh i think scorn is what i thought agony was lol

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I decided to go ahead and try Beyond Two Souls for a bit.

Lmao

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

RBA Starblade posted:

I decided to go ahead and try Beyond Two Souls for a bit.

Lmao

Remix or classic?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Real hurthling! posted:

Remix or classic?

Classic coke

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I don’t get the point of the remixed version. I guess it would be cool after playing the game but the initial flow of everything works well and comes together in a very satisfying way.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kilometers Davis posted:

I don’t get the point of the remixed version. I guess it would be cool after playing the game but the initial flow of everything works well and comes together in a very satisfying way.

Remix puts the better half of the game first imo. You can get good and sick of it before you get near the loving insanely bad homeless chapters and afterwards.

The game should have ended after the native american chapters imo. Or at least after that i started really having zero fun.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I finished my first playthrough of Beyond earlier today, and overall I really enjoyed the game. Sure, there were some parts that were cheesy, but all the hyperbole that I heard ever since it's release had me thinking it was going to be one of the worst games of last gen.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
What’s an actual good turn based rpg? Please don’t mention ffx

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Persona 5.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

FFX-2

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Just got to a substory in Yakuza Kiwami where this guy asks you to walk up to a particular woman and tell her the "secret password," which is something like "you're looking sexy today." However, one of the other options you can select is "You're butt ugly." I highly recommend doing this just to see the huge poo poo-eating grin Kiryu makes when he says it. It's one of the funniest things I've seen in this series.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

West of loathing

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I can't believe Street Fighter EX is being ported to the PS4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKIUDHvUHTI

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The demo ruled

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kilometers Davis posted:

The difference is there's no real flow to where you jump between in her life in terms of how Aiden interacts with her. There's not to say there's NO narrative structure to it at all, but it doesn't work in the sense of "this is how Aiden shapes her life", which is a key part of the story at-large. Instead it just comes off as "this one time, Aiden was nice/mean to me" instead of "Aiden was a real rear end in a top hat when she was a kid, but became nicer as she grew older".

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

...! posted:

Just got to a substory in Yakuza Kiwami where this guy asks you to walk up to a particular woman and tell her the "secret password," which is something like "you're looking sexy today." However, one of the other options you can select is "You're butt ugly." I highly recommend doing this just to see the huge poo poo-eating grin Kiryu makes when he says it. It's one of the funniest things I've seen in this series.

Ps4 autorecords the last 15 min. And I'm very upset you didn't post this.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
pixeljunk monsters 2 is good as heck

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Bombadilillo posted:

something I noticed recently is that you can set it to record an entire hour now. say goodbye to your harddrive space if you do it tho

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Vikar Jerome posted:

i played it on a whim last week and after i played that goddamn intro i kept playing until completion and holy poo poo ND has access to deep pits of black magic.

They've always been real good at wringing every last drop of capability out of the system, and then using wizardry to make it look good.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Finished God of War last night and wow that final fight was beautifully done. Fantastic, beautiful game.

I normally play games on harder difficulty levels, but playing this on easy (“tell me a story”) still felt balanced and fun. I imagine some of the fights or hordes of enemies could have been a real grind on higher difficulty levels.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Bombadilillo posted:

Be upset no longer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB9uQwqKwXE

Luckily I hadn't done this one yet and knew which one it likely was.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bombadilillo posted:

Wait really? I didn't know this was a thing.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Infinitum posted:

Wait really? I didn't know this was a thing.

Press the Share button after you've seen something cool/funny/weird.

Its great

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

WaltherFeng posted:

Press the Share button after you've seen something cool/funny/weird.

Its great

Mine's just set up for 60 seconds, because gently caress 15 minute video files

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Brightman posted:

Be upset no longer!

You actually take damage from the slaps :roflolmao:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

https://youtu.be/VOC0ig2Rk1g

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Some of the best turn based combat I've ever come across.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Some of the best turn based combat I've ever come across.
...and then like 60 hours of other stuff that is pretty hit and miss.

SMT5 can't come soon enough. Who do I have to pray to to speed up its development? Mara? Pazuzu? Kali?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Real hurthling! posted:

Someone post that pic from the hoarded out house where the guys got like 6 intercoolers attached to his ps4 on a sad little cart in the middle of a trash filled room

Oh my god now I remember the ones that they made for 360s once the RROD scandal hit that *made things worse*. People posted pictures of scorch marks and melted 360s because of them

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

...and then like 60 hours of other stuff that is pretty hit and miss.

I had fun with the whole thing.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I had fun with the whole thing.
I quit playing for two months straight after a completely non-interactive part that took like two weeks of in game time, except for manually having to go to bed.

Manually having to go to bed.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

persona 5 didn't catch my attention the way the last two did. still liked it but I also took a break in the middle that lasted several months

I think part of it was some gameplay stuff I didn't agree with (just let me complete the loving dungeon in one day christ) and part of it was that the cast wasn't as good as it was in 4

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

I only play p5 to get npcs to like me.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Brightman posted:

Be upset no longer!

Sega is like, living Quantic Dreams’ ideal life.

Everyone knows you’re a pervert, David Cage, might as well own it and make a game about perverts!

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Divinity: original sin.

It also has split screen and online co op which owns so hard.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Samurai Sanders posted:

I quit playing for two months straight after a completely non-interactive part that took like two weeks of in game time, except for manually having to go to bed.

Manually having to go to bed.

How dare the game periodically give you the opportunity to save.

I don't disagree that that stretch could've been done better, but it's not hard to see why it's like that.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I finally realized I was never going back to P5 after months without even trying to play it, so I uninstalled some days ago. It has a strong start but drags on for way too long.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

the truth posted:

Finished God of War last night and wow that final fight was beautifully done. Fantastic, beautiful game.

I normally play games on harder difficulty levels, but playing this on easy (“tell me a story”) still felt balanced and fun. I imagine some of the fights or hordes of enemies could have been a real grind on higher difficulty levels.

I played on "hardest minus one" (whatever it was called) and it only got into grindy territory a small handful of times. I initially started playing on Give Me God of War difficulty and grossly misjudged how stupid hard it would be. Enemies have boatloads of health, even compared to one difficulty lower, and you typically die in 2 hits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Neddy Seagoon posted:

How dare the game periodically give you the opportunity to save.

I don't disagree that that stretch could've been done better, but it's not hard to see why it's like that.

The problem is that manually having to go to bed is basically the only interactivity through that whole stretch that takes hoursof game time. There’s “could have been done better” and then there’s “taking the pacing out back and shooting it execution style”.