Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Holy poo poo. I've never tried the regular Supra, so idk what it's like, but the Vandal version Baro (PS4) is selling today is terrifyingly lethal, even unranked. It was one of those situations when you spawn, pull the trigger experimentally once, and immediately decide 'yep, this fucker is getting a potato.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
the Supra Vandal is far and away the best of the family so enjoy it, but know that you've already gotten to the top. :v:

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Soothing Vapors posted:

dude is an eidolon vampire with a fuckin plasma beard

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

xiansi posted:

Have you finished Venus yet? Because Jackal boss there drops Rhino parts, and that should be first frame to beeline for. Run it in pub missions, because solo Jackal at MR3 is painful.

I had no idea about this, good thing I decided to begin reading this thread :)

I've been enjoying Mag but it's already maxed out so I'll do some farming after I'm done with dinner.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

nerdz posted:

There's going to be a riven mod alert, per dev stream.

Speaking of, who wants this fantastic soma riven, cheap to a good goon:

(That's ranked, it's currently unranked right now)

I'd shove some forma into soma prime but:
A: It's a boring loving gun
B: V. Hek already puts the fear of an unknowable meta-god into gods for me just fine.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

DelphiAegis posted:

Speaking of, who wants this fantastic soma riven, cheap to a good goon:

(That's ranked, it's currently unranked right now)

I'd shove some forma into soma prime but:
A: It's a boring loving gun
B: V. Hek already puts the fear of an unknowable meta-god into gods for me just fine.

Hell yeah I'll take it. Love the Soma.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

alphabettitouretti posted:

Hell yeah I'll take it. Love the Soma.

Get in game or tell me your IGN, mine's same as Forums name here.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Samuringa posted:

I had no idea about this, good thing I decided to begin reading this thread :)

I've been enjoying Mag but it's already maxed out so I'll do some farming after I'm done with dinner.

Without having much clue what I was doing at the time, I'd run difficult missions to push progress with maxed & potato-ed gear, then switch to lovely unlevelled things for easy grinds (Seimini!), alerts with good rewards, and quick lith void fissures to get more MR.

If I had to start again...that still seems a good plan, though I'd be less hesitant to beg in goon chat for 'rare' mods, because they are not remotely rare.

Not sure how much that applies to PS4 mind you, but if If you have a gun that doesn't have its multishot mod, or a melee weapon without a matching stance, those are the things you need most.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I mean there are four players and four points. Most intercepts you put one player on each point and they can take care of it on their own. But because of the console placement on the earth intercept, if someone tries to look after either of the two problem points on their own, they'll get overrun because they can't keep their eye on both consoles and stay in the cap radius. If someone comes over to help, then the unattended point gets capped.

The level can get hosed, basically.

E: Earth Everest, specifically A and D. Because of the amount of infested, it's too easy for them to overrun the consoles, especially on the third rotation.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jun 2, 2018

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

xiansi posted:

Without having much clue what I was doing at the time, I'd run difficult missions to push progress with maxed & potato-ed gear, then switch to lovely unlevelled things for easy grinds (Seimini!), alerts with good rewards, and quick lith void fissures to get more MR.

If I had to start again...that still seems a good plan, though I'd be less hesitant to beg in goon chat for 'rare' mods, because they are not remotely rare.

Not sure how much that applies to PS4 mind you, but if If you have a gun that doesn't have its multishot mod, or a melee weapon without a matching stance, those are the things you need most.

I was using a Dual Ether Swords with a Stance but I maxed it and switched to the Amphis, also with a Stance mod. I don't know what a multishot mod is, probably like a Stance but for weapons? Don't think I have one yet.

Do I have to go back to previous planets when I switch weapons to level them up? I'm managing so far just pushing forward with whatever I try, despite not all of them being great.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

based on nothing more than a vague feeling i'm somewhat maybe confident that the sacrifice is coming out this upcoming week

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Johnny Joestar posted:

based on nothing more than a vague feeling i'm somewhat maybe confident that the sacrifice is coming out this upcoming week

my warframe is ready

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

The weekend I cant use steam/warframe is the weekend where Baro has those dual stat mods :argh:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Berke Negri posted:

my warframe is ready

to be perfectly clear here this isn't me hinting at some info i somehow got a hold of it's just me thinking that with these recent signs that the quest has to be in the next couple weeks because i can't imagine then waiting until AFTER tennocon. tennocon would be the time to reveal the key stuff for the venus open area, if anything, tbh.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Xun posted:

The weekend I cant use steam/warframe is the weekend where Baro has those dual stat mods :argh:

Are you on PC? I don't need anything this time around, I could buy two of them and give them to you later.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

In today's devstream they noted that Sacrifice is the next update, and they made it sound like they're dropping work on everything that's not the mainline until it's pushed out. I'm confident it'll be in the next few weeks... ish :D

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Guess i'm buying a Javlok then.

E: "The Javlok is a speargun that fires fireballs..." Didn't need to read any further.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jun 2, 2018

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

like i noted before they've also said that they're not even going to mention it until it's relatively soon, so this is all a good sign.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Clapping Larry

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I mean there are four players and four points. Most intercepts you put one player on each point and they can take care of it on their own. But because of the console placement on the earth intercept, if someone tries to look after either of the two problem points on their own, they'll get overrun because they can't keep their eye on both consoles and stay in the cap radius. If someone comes over to help, then the unattended point gets capped.

The level can get hosed, basically.

E: Earth Everest, specifically A and D. Because of the amount of infested, it's too easy for them to overrun the consoles, especially on the third rotation.

That mission was loving atrocious, I have no disagreement there. Map is bad, but doable usually.

I think it was the combo of infested (i.e swarms) + eximus that made it extra hard, but the real fucker was no energy drops, and I can't see why that should have happened.

I was with a decent enough pub squad, and playing Rhino prime, with good guns & stupid good plague Zaw, and was mostly mowing through 'em, but I would not have made it without copious pizza drops.

Also, using operator might have helped...I really need to remember that's a thing.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVUOmPosYck&t=3591s

This really needs more appreciation. I can smell the hairspray from here.

Edit: And yes, there are Apostasy Prologue spoilers at the very end.

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jun 2, 2018

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

And a big honking spoiler warning for people that haven't done any of the big story quests. Found it kind of sad that they just dropped it on people with the stream.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Captain Oblivious posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVUOmPosYck&t=3591s

This really needs more appreciation. I can smell the hairspray from here.

Edit: And yes, there are Apostasy Prologue spoilers at the very end.

Watch it from yesterday's Prime Time stream instead to get staff reaction :allears:

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

Clapping Larry

Samuringa posted:

I was using a Dual Ether Swords with a Stance but I maxed it and switched to the Amphis, also with a Stance mod. I don't know what a multishot mod is, probably like a Stance but for weapons? Don't think I have one yet.

Do I have to go back to previous planets when I switch weapons to level them up? I'm managing so far just pushing forward with whatever I try, despite not all of them being great.

Melee stances give +mod slots, so you always want one.

Anything with multishot on a gun doesn't do that, but it's the second-best thing you can get after the basic +damage for whatever gun type.

For further detail

https://dumptext.com/MppdZdN9

I stole all this junk from a post earlier ITT, but can't find it, and I'm the kind of nerdy weirdo who keeps hold of this kind of poo poo. Hopefully it's not too out of date.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
They mentioned spoilers before dropping it on primetime, at least. But without context none of that means poo poo and isn't really a spoiler unless you draw attention to it, so it's really fine.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Guess i'm buying a Javlok then.

E: "The Javlok is a speargun that fires fireballs..." Didn't need to read any further.

All spearguns are extremely fun, and the javlok lets you throw the spear for insane amounts of (self) damage. That is one good rear end riven for it and I'm jealous. I love the scourge and the ferrox as well.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Is there any point to bringing a Mag to a group that mandates 4 corp pros and has a wide-range floorcleaning Equinox? I want to play Mag, but I have a feeling that it's just never going to work out for the group I usually run with. Is there hope?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

Bobby Deluxe posted:

That's good, because there is no loving way today's sortie 3 is doable.

It's very doable. Bring Gara, Nova, or Vauban, equipped with your favorite warcrime gun (I recommend Lenz or Zarr). Get some CC rolling before your energy is permadrained by the 30 parasitics that spawn.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Samuringa posted:

Multishot mods make your guns shoot more bullets. 80% multishot means you have an 80% chance to shoot two bullets instead of one each time you pull the trigger.
150% multi means you will always shoot 2 bullets and have a 50% chance of shooting three instead.

Also the bonus bullets don't use up extra ammunition.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Soothing Vapors posted:

This looks a lot like a ghost version of the Abyss Watchers from Dark Souls III.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Yeah, it's kind of hard to describe. In terms of mechanics, think of it as the game will give you an x% chance of calculating another hit if the shot lands. It's calculating a second hit not firing a second bullet, so it doesn't cost any extra ammo per shot.

So for x, 50% is a 50/50 chance of a 2nd hit, 100% is a guaranteed 2nd hit, 150% is a guaranteed 2nd with a 50% chance of a 3rd, and so on. Each hit has its own crit / status chance.

For most guns there's no extra projectile or ammo cost, just a 2nd (or if you have a silly enough riven, a 3rd) hit. Except shotguns, those get extra pellets which have randomised trajectory etc.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Yeah, it's kind of hard to describe. In terms of mechanics, think of it as the game will give you an x% chance of calculating another hit if the shot lands. It's calculating a second hit not firing a second bullet, so it doesn't cost any extra ammo per shot.
Multishot does shoot separate projectiles (but doesn't consume additional ammo). It's really obvious with the Lenz/Penta or other guns with large tracers, especially if you're using hcal or if they have large inherent spread. The additional projectiles hit separately and can proc status separately.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

I just picked up Vigor from an Alert, is it any good? It seems a little anemic to me.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

hoobajoo posted:

I just picked up Vigor from an Alert, is it any good? It seems a little anemic to me.

It's designed to be an add-on in addition to Redirection and Vitality. A few frames use/need it, like health-only frames, but it's not commonly used.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

sometimes you want to sacrifice a little bit of health and shields to stuff in more skill-related mods and vigor covers a bit of both so you're not entirely anemic. there's a primed vigor which is better at the job more or less.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Carlton Banks Teller posted:

Is there any point to bringing a Mag to a group that mandates 4 corp pros and has a wide-range floorcleaning Equinox? I want to play Mag, but I have a feeling that it's just never going to work out for the group I usually run with. Is there hope?

mag isn't really a nuker, but it brings other things to the table instead. it's garbage against infested, though.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
So the alert riven I got is veiled by the "Kill X Dargyn pilots before they hit the ground" and after 3 hours in the Plains I have 0 counted towards it despite doing every loving trick in the book other than having Mesa (because I'm not getting a million Mutalist Alad V coordinates just for the same BP to drop 20 times). I also hear that Plains Dargyns may be bugged for the condition, and that Kuva Fortress Dargyns no longer count.

Am I totally boned on unveiling this stupid thing?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

The Jumpoff posted:

So the alert riven I got is veiled by the "Kill X Dargyn pilots before they hit the ground" and after 3 hours in the Plains I have 0 counted towards it despite doing every loving trick in the book other than having Mesa (because I'm not getting a million Mutalist Alad V coordinates just for the same BP to drop 20 times). I also hear that Plains Dargyns may be bugged for the condition, and that Kuva Fortress Dargyns no longer count.

Am I totally boned on unveiling this stupid thing?
Phone a friend and ask someone with Mesa to unveil it for you?

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Elysiume posted:

Phone a friend and ask someone with Mesa to unveil it for you?

Yeah that's probably the solution now. Which annoys me to no end since Plains Dargyns seem to never spawn in the first place.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Yeah, it's kind of hard to describe.

It's not, lots of games nowadays have some sort of perk that's "You might fire a bullet for free every _ shots"

I just didn't realize what it was from the name alone.

Another thing:

I finally got all the goddamn Plastids and left the Rhino components cooking but I can't find the Blueprints on the Market. Do they only unlock when I have all the components crafted or something? The Wiki only says it costs 35k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hirvox
Sep 8, 2009

Samuringa posted:

I finally got all the goddamn Plastids and left the Rhino components cooking but I can't find the Blueprints on the Market. Do they only unlock when I have all the components crafted or something? The Wiki only says it costs 35k.

Go to the market and find the Rhino there. There should be a button to switch to the blueprint instead.