Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

theflyingexecutive posted:

Lol, I didn’t even read the part where he is (was?) diabetic, holy poo poo yeah that dude needs regular food and naps working for up to thirteen hours a day. Walking off set is also a perfectly reasonable thing to do after a head injury from spfx too. That poo poo is supposed to be totally locked down and idiot-proof. It’s extremely not good to come that close to a facial scar when so much of your work depends on your face.

Crawford sounds like a total loving psychopath and it’s obvious someone in his camp leaked Wayans’ (pretty reasonable, esp with the diabetes thing) rider to Variety to make him look bad. It’s very very rare for an AD to walk off set and even wilder that he’d say poo poo like that to Wayans’ face and for the two dozen crew listening to the scene to hear. That’s a total piece of poo poo move from an up-and-coming actor to a very established one and it’s no wonder why Wayans was frustrated every day.

It's almost as bad as when David O'Russell was screaming at Lily Tomlin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SG43wa7Alo

I love how Tomlin isn't really intimidated. She's been through this bullshit before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
That poor woman in the corner.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8NztyYiFxQ

I Heart Huckabees must have been such an uncomfortable shoot.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I hadn't seen those before but I'm very glad I have an even better reason to despise David O. Russell.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
David O. Russell is for sure a piece of poo poo for that, but didn't he also molest his niece or something?

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

LesterGroans posted:

David O. Russell is for sure a piece of poo poo for that, but didn't he also molest his niece or something?

Yes.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Rule number one, don't commit a crime on Baker St:

https://news.sky.com/story/sherlock...impression=true

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I wonder how "near" Baker it was. Like, within 15 blocks?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I love the story about how David O. Russell was bullying the crew on Three Kings, and George Clooney threatened to beat the poo poo out of him in front of everyone if he didn't cut it out.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
and then Clooney would have gone to jail for assault

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I love the story about how David O. Russell was bullying the crew on Three Kings, and George Clooney threatened to beat the poo poo out of him in front of everyone if he didn't cut it out.

Doesn’t Clooney have a pretty big reputation of going to bat for the crews of movies he’s in?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Doesn’t Clooney have a pretty big reputation of going to bat for the crews of movies he’s in?

Clooney for President.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Yes. Also, oddly, TCruise is apparently one of the easiest to work with, most professional and giving actors in The Biz.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

He's also a huge prankster.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Matt Zerella posted:

Yes. Also, oddly, TCruise is apparently one of the easiest to work with, most professional and giving actors in The Biz.

Keanu Reeves as well.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Aw, drat, Imposters got canceled.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Timby posted:

God dammit. My hopes they stick this season now.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/kibblesmith/status/1002767089378254849

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

I can already hear the synth/MIDI theme song.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Timby posted:

Booooooo. What are even the standards for renewal/cancelation for a network that doesn't appear to have any other shows (you know what I mean, fictional narratives and not reality tv or talk shows)?

Mind you, I'm not really sure what the natural end for this story is. Like, taking these characters through season after season is sorta depressing. I'm an episode behind but so far I think they've done a really good job in the second season showing that no matter how much joy they may get from this life its doing more damage both on their lives and just on their own selves. I hope they finish the season in some kind of good resolution for them. They did last season so I'm hopeful.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I figured the selling the rights to Netflix would be worth more than Bravo can ever hope for. I never heard of the show before watching it there.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Actually Clooney did punch O Russell for bullying an extra. Though it was clearly the last in a string of incidents since O Russell is a bullying piece of poo poo.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

muscles like this! posted:

Behind the scenes talk about what went down on the set of Lethal Weapon.
https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/lethal-weapon-clash-shakeup-firing-video-1202822990/

Wait, they had PINKERTONS on set for security?

I feel like I missed a huge part of American history here.

Also, holy crap, this Lethal Weapon stuff basically comes down to the fired guy directing an episode/scene that had an explosion that hosed up and put a piece of shrapnel in Damon Wayans' head? I feel like if that had just been a regular director and not a costar we would have just had universal calls for firing/lawsuits. Either way I feel like Hollywood gossip really buried the lead on this "He was fired for being an rear end in a top hat" story.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
They need to make sure the Screen Actors' Guild doesn't start poo poo.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
It's weird watching the new JERSEY SHORE and seeing that 'The Situation' is the grown up, sober, voice of reason.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wouldn't something like that be more under the purview of the stunt coordinator?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Well the Director's job is to oversee the rest of the crew so if like the editor fucks up something you'd still blame the director if he didn't catch it in the final cut. And unless the explosion itself hosed up hugely it can theoretically be a problem of blocking or actor direction or something. I don't know. But if an explosion takes a piece out of an actor and that actor blames his two year co-star directing and not the stunt guy and that costar/director takes responsibility publicly then I'll just assume it was on him somehow.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Also, holy crap, this Lethal Weapon stuff basically comes down to the fired guy directing an episode/scene that had an explosion that hosed up and put a piece of shrapnel in Damon Wayans' head? I feel like if that had just been a regular director and not a costar we would have just had universal calls for firing/lawsuits. Either way I feel like Hollywood gossip really buried the lead on this "He was fired for being an rear end in a top hat" story.

There are on-set accidents you never ever ever hear about because there’s a whole pr/risk management department of the studio to handle those things. There was a crew member who died on a very prominent show filmed in NY and there is absolutely zero press about it because it’s NDAed to hell and back. SAG is the weakest on-set union for sure, but you know that their rep was in on the meeting about compensation and punishing the people responsible (or not).

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Wouldn't something like that be more under the purview of the stunt coordinator?

Stunt coordinator and special effects first, then the first assistant director, then the director. The director can overrule these people, however and if those other people voiced concerns about the stunt but were overruled, then someone on that first list is def at fault.

It’s either a pure accident (usually those are one-take shots and freak accidents happen), something was missed either by negligence or carelessness, or concerns were voiced and overruled by the director or 1AD or producer. Theoretically, anyone who feels something is unsafe can call a cut or a hold until it’s fixed, especially an AD or shop steward (who represents the unionized crew’s safety), so it’s hard to say who’s at fault from the limited knowledge we have.

theflyingexecutive fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jun 3, 2018

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

Well the Director's job is to oversee the rest of the crew so if like the editor fucks up something you'd still blame the director if he didn't catch it in the final cut. And unless the explosion itself hosed up hugely it can theoretically be a problem of blocking or actor direction or something. I don't know. But if an explosion takes a piece out of an actor and that actor blames his two year co-star directing and not the stunt guy and that costar/director takes responsibility publicly then I'll just assume it was on him somehow.

It really doesn't sound like they had a good working relationship to begin with. So Wayans automatically blaming Crawford for anything going wrong doesn't sound too far fetched.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

DrVenkman posted:

It's weird watching the new JERSEY SHORE and seeing that 'The Situation' is the grown up, sober, voice of reason.

i mean he is like 50 now

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

It really doesn't sound like they had a good working relationship to begin with. So Wayans automatically blaming Crawford for anything going wrong doesn't sound too far fetched.

Agreed. Theoretically, the director is responsible for everything that happens on set, but their work is mostly working to set the shot and the lines and actions of the actors. Many directors don’t have the technical knowledge about the effects and defer to the people in charge of them (stunt coordinator, special effects department head, 1st assistant director, the propmaster and/or armorer) about where, what, and when is safe to shoot.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

DrVenkman posted:

How is Family Vacation? I unabashedly love the reality schlock the original Jersey Shore was, but I haven't checked out the revival at all yet.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

esperterra posted:

How is Family Vacation? I unabashedly love the reality schlock the original Jersey Shore was, but I haven't checked out the revival at all yet.

It's not as good/bad as one would like, but it's okay.

Floribama Shore, on the other hand, is loving hilarious and almost surpasses the Italy season of Jersey Shore.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

precision posted:

the Italy season of Jersey Shore.

YOU'RE IN THE STREETS OF FLORENCE

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I sincerely hope whoever said "Why not send them to Italy?" got a promotion.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I sincerely hope Pauly D got his rear end kicked in that bar.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Just finished up Killing Eve. Hot drat, is Jodie Comer a terrific talent.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

So that Reverie pilot was schmaltzy as hell, but kinda fun imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

esperterra posted:

So that Reverie pilot was schmaltzy as hell, but kinda fun imo.

It was hilariously bad.