Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Hremsfeld posted:

On the plus side for the court: They'll be able to build the mightiest wooden ships the world has ever seen.

They'll enter the Guiness Book for the world's biggest dugout canoe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
So Eglamore and PArlay did absolutely nothing? I wonder if they're going to figure in somehow at some point.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Tom plz

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

tom why did

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Well, if you're going to confess to doing the right thing, might as well do it in front of all the people who'll quickly remind you of that fact and were willing (eager, in Parley's case) participants in that thing "you" did.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

maswastaken posted:

Well, if you're going to confess to doing the right thing, might as well do it in front of all the people who'll quickly remind you of that fact and were willing (eager, in Parley's case) participants in that thing "you" did.

It happened because something did (happen). Nothing wrong with this sentence, except that it doesn't give any information whatsoever.

He added the "I " by now

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Moral of the story: always go along with what authority tells you to do, especially if you're a child, because if you let your limited perspective blind you, something like this happens.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Jun 1, 2018

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

cant cook creole bream posted:

It happened because something did (happen). Nothing wrong with this sentence, except that it doesn't give any information whatsoever.

He added the "I " by now
What I mean is, it wasn't just her that did it. The Court Medium and the Dragonslayer both took part in exorcising Jeanne, as did Kat and Ayilu (although the latter was ostensibly oblivious to whole affair).

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Just pretend I emptyquote myself saying Red was right at the bottom of each page from here on out.

Mostly because I wanted to believe that jerk was wrong but the story disagrees :argh:

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Annie thinks Red was right, because people with low confidence and self esteem tend to be fairly prone to believe jackasses like Red drill into them is the truth.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Iceclaw posted:

tend to be fairy prone to believe

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

CrashCat posted:

Just pretend I emptyquote myself saying Red was right at the bottom of each page from here on out.

Mostly because I wanted to believe that jerk was wrong but the story disagrees :argh:

The story doesnt disagree

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I think this is going to be interesting because there's a trend in YA works and children's cartoons where adults are useless incompetent buffoons but the Court staff always seemed to be reasonable. Donnie and Anja are very supportive and mature, Jimmy Jims is a hothead but his heart is in the right place, Jones acts in her own Jones-y ways but she's not unaware of the obvious and obviously cares for the children and the Headmaster has barely shown up and seems mostly uninterested because he has other bullshit to deal with. Tony is the wild card but the others are there in case he overdoes it.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
It's not Annie's fault. I believe Jones will reiterate this fact.
Annie thinks its her fault because she feels like it should be her fault because she feels like she deserves it to be her fault. She's a broken person and her dad is a bad dad.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 214 days!
Ideally, Jones will argue that this is actually Coyote's fault by citing his numerous self-owns from personal experience.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

It's humanity's fault for creating Coyote in the first place.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
He fixed it, thank you Tom

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Thinking about it, Tom does really weird things with capitalization. The font he uses doesn't really seem to have capital letters. But "I" looks distinctly different from "i".

I never noticed that. But apparently that was the case since the first page.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Jun 2, 2018

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Here's the font btw
http://blambot.com/font_aleandwenches.shtml

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

cant cook creole bream posted:

Thinking about it, Tom does really weird things with capitalization. The font he uses doesn't really seem to have capital letters. But "I" looks distinctly different from "i".

I never noticed that. But apparently that was the case since the first page.

It's common convention to use serifs for the word "I" only. Makes sense for any comics font to have a distinct capital I for that purpose.

You can easily spot lazy letters if there are serifs on capital I's in words at the beginning of sentences or in proper nouns.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Uthor posted:

You can easily spot lazy letters if there are serifs on capital I's in words at the beginning of sentences or in proper nouns.

Looking back three pages, Tom does that.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jun 2, 2018

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Pfft yeah right you expect us to believe in ghosts?!

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Synthbuttrange posted:

Pfft yeah right you expect us to believe in ghosts?!

Not even Mort believed in ghosts. And he was just a kid!

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Man, either Jones is rather short or Tony is really tall. He towers over her by a head and change in those panels.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 214 days!
Tony and Jones make a lovely pair of custodial guardianship androids for Annie.

e: I was thinking that Jones might move on to Annie herself once poor Jimmy Jim's death flag is tripped, but now I'm thinking Tony. It'd be like a second marriage, providing a mother figure for Annie and companionship for Tony. Except without really suggesting that Surma is being in any way replaced.

...I mean, I've kind of been assuming that Jones is basically asexual. I think I'm comfortable assuming that.

Hodgepodge fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Jun 6, 2018

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Wait, was the time skip mentioned before? I didn't realize that it's been a few months now.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

This comic takes place in real time

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I think Tony and Jones are bonding over Antimoni. It's adorable.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Hodgepodge posted:

Tony and Jones make a lovely pair of custodial guardianship androids for Annie.

e: I was thinking that Jones might move on to Annie herself once poor Jimmy Jim's death flag is tripped, but now I'm thinking Tony. It'd be like a second marriage, providing a mother figure for Annie and companionship for Tony. Except without really suggesting that Surma is being in any way replaced.

...I mean, I've kind of been assuming that Jones is basically asexual. I think I'm comfortable assuming that.

Na it needs to happen before he dies just for the symmetry

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Never thought I see this thread start shipping Tony and Jones but here we are.

Jones is a stone. Tony has the emotional range of a stone. It's a match made in Gunnerkrigg Court.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
:silent: Hello Antimony. I have remarried. I believe you already know Ms. Jones.
:confused: Whuh? What? Why?
:geno: He makes me laugh.
:kingsley:

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Would that make Tony lithoromantic?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Splicer posted:

:silent: Hello Antimony. I have remarried. I believe you already know Ms. Jones.

Of all the people who would feel comfortable with Jones' smile, it is Tony.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Man, either Jones is rather short or Tony is really tall. He towers over her by a head and change in those panels.

Both, I think. Tony needs to be tall and imposing for artistic reasons, and Jones has been shorter than most of the few adult characters she's stood with before. She used to fit in among palaeolithic man, after all.

Was it Surma who couldn't stand Jones in the past? Given how much she presents like Tony it's kind of funny.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Kikas posted:

Wait, was the time skip mentioned before? I didn't realize that it's been a few months now.
I figure visits to the Forest aren't so frequent and there was one almost immediately before and two since.

Tenebrais posted:

Was it Surma who couldn't stand Jones in the past? Given how much she presents like Tony it's kind of funny.
It was. It didn't seem too much like she could put up with Tony either, until one fateful jungle adventure...

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 214 days!

Splicer posted:

She would be Ms. Eglamore, since she takes the name of her previous companion.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
I think you mean Ms. Jimmy Jims.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

I got the feeling that Tony (excuse me, Anthony) might have been raised by Jones.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Bilirubin posted:

I got the feeling that Tony (excuse me, Anthony) might have been raised by Jones.

That would explain why he's so dysfunctional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Bilirubin posted:

Lest we forget: http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1099

Jonesy has been grooming Jimmy Jims for a while.