Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Quite a while ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

http://sensescans.com/reader/read/silver_spoon/en/0/124/page/3

:siren: Silver Spoon :siren:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Silver spoon is still being made?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Captain Invictus posted:

Silver spoon is still being made?
Arakawa was having people die on her if I recall. I think one of her parents was having major health issues which causes the first hiatus or two and then I think they finally passed.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I kinda want to make either a Neverland or a Kimetsu No Yaiba thread.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

There's been a Neverland thread for a while

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i would be glad to post about how tanjiro is a very good boy each week

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

kidcoelacanth posted:

There's been a Neverland thread for a while
Somehow I forgot which is weird because I literally watch that thread. I think I'll make a Kimetsu thread since it's good and kinda unappreciated. Also the first translated volume is coming here in July.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

make sure to give the buff sword mice their proper due as the main characters

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Fabricated posted:

Arakawa was having people die on her if I recall. I think one of her parents was having major health issues which causes the first hiatus or two and then I think they finally passed.

Oh, bummer :(

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I made a Kimetsu no Yaiba thread for our good boy Tanjirou.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3857521

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

DrSunshine posted:

Yeah, I mean, I suppose~, but like I've always felt that his work was, like, right on the border between shounen and seinen. It sure has the hot blood and themes of friendship and saving the world and so on down pat.

its happy seinen

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
although her involvement in the anime was limited, i hope this heralds more bland heroic legend of arslan for me to watch.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I remember trying to read arslan a while back but it didn't keep my attention at the time. is it worth going back to?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Second chapter of Planet With (that new Satoshi Mizukami thing).

This is everything I never knew I wanted :allears:

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Mikl posted:

Next chapter can't come fast enough!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Mikl posted:

You know it's a good manga when you want to find out about every character and each chapter leaves you asking "But wait what about X? What's the deal with Y??"

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Manatee Cannon posted:

I remember trying to read arslan a while back but it didn't keep my attention at the time. is it worth going back to?
It's kind of eh. Also the manga is still nowhere near caught up with the anime, which was nowhere near finishing the story, so it feels like it could be a decade or more before it's complete considering it's monthly.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Sindai posted:

It's kind of eh. Also the manga is still nowhere near caught up with the anime, which was nowhere near finishing the story, so it feels like it could be a decade or more before it's complete considering it's monthly.

Yeah, I remember some time back going "Oh, I haven't checked in on the manga in a while and want to see what's happened beyond the anime" and then enjoying some big time disappointment upon finding out just how far ahead the anime was.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Mikl posted:

He even got a standard issue Mysterious Rival Mask :allears:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

it's OK but moving at a glacial pace the last time i checked on it.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

On the last episodes of ROBOT X LASERBEAM

Migatte No Golfui

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I'm watching Kekkaishi atm but I heard it ends early so can I just continue the manga from there?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

I'm watching Kekkaishi atm but I heard it ends early so can I just continue the manga from there?

yeah. i vaguely remember that the anime changed a few key points but i can't remember any details. the manga only starts getting really good in the last couple arcs the anime covered, anyway.

kekkaishi gets really, really good and has an amazing ending.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Yeah I remember hearing the ending was wonderful so I've been meaning to watch it again. I followed the anime when it was first airing but dropped it near its end I think, around when Yoshimori first uses that black flame looking Kekkai that breaks the really strong bandage Ayakashi's sword. I heard the anime ends differently because it's shorter, is there any risk it pulls stuff from much later in the manga for that ending and I should stop a bit short of finishing it or it's okay to watch all episodes do you know?

The first opening and ending themes are top level

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

It's OK to watch all the episodes and birdman is great.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Silver Spoon 125

LET HACHIKEN gently caress

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Yeah the cockblockin' jokes are getting a bit much.

Also as someone who has been hit by a car in a crosswalk, not cool!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
That gag is wearing kinda thin really and will make the inevitable hookup scene weirder than it should be.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

ugh

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

The spread of nakama beyond One Piece is so perplexing.

I understand it to an extent in One Piece because Kaizoku-Fansubs poisoned the well way back when many of us were very impressionable weebs, but other fandoms/fanlations's insistence on using it in stuff like Fairy Tail or random other manga is just wild.

Friends, comrades, teammates, allies, whatever fits best in the context, translate the dang word.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Nate RFB posted:

Yeah the cockblockin' jokes are getting a bit much.

Also as someone who has been hit by a car in a crosswalk, not cool!
It's a tiring gag but that teacher rules and his method of ruining their hookup was especially entertaining

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Yoshimori totally disagreeing with Kaguro about strength making you unable to relate to society and responding "you sound like you need a friend" is so loving good lol

"We're not so different you and I!!"

"Yeah we are... you sound kinda lonely dude :/"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i thought the sad old man showdown was the highlight of that arc

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Orient, the new series by the Magi lady, is really loving cool.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Mikl posted:

Orient, the new series by the Magi lady, is really loving cool.

Oh man, that's exciting. Magi is one of my top 3 shounen series, easily (probably 2 after HxH).

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that giant pickaxe/scythe/katana thing owns

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i thought the sad old man showdown was the highlight of that arc

That was really good too! I just really enjoyed that the "We're not so different you and I" cliché, not only does Yoshimori reject it he isn't even conflicted by what Kaguro is saying. He actually gets super confused the more Kaguro tries his "your powers separate you from the normies!!" schtick. It's so good.

Starting a new job in July so going to wait until then and start ordering the volumes en masse. Will probably start back at the start tbh.

What are some shounen like Kekkaishi that are finished? By like Kekkaishi I guess I mean stuff that has a really neat character focus and though there is shonen fighting it's not all just mad power ups and super typical stuff.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Kekkaishi is that series with like, the cube based exorcism powers, right? Does it start getting pretty good as it goes on? I caught a few eps of the anime and my first impression was that it didn't seem bad, but didn't catch my interest enough to want to binge to catch up on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Zerilan posted:

Kekkaishi is that series with like, the cube based exorcism powers, right? Does it start getting pretty good as it goes on? I caught a few eps of the anime and my first impression was that it didn't seem bad, but didn't catch my interest enough to want to binge to catch up on it.

Hell yeah it is and does! It spends quite a while just day to day with the kids but around 20 episodes in it starts revealing bigger parts of the world and then bigger arcs start with more going on and they're very enjoyable. The protagonists are very good too imo and really get a chance to shine as the arcs get longer. I just wrapped up the anime which is apparently only the cusp of where the series really gets going.