Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Oh god I just got to mission 26 in SRW X. Someone please tell me there's a screenshot of Spero in full angry parrot mode, since this game has decided I'm not allowed to take them myself for any reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Oh yeah, the FMP game came out today. Any word on if it’s any good?

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I did the tutorial and it seems alright, kinda Front Missiony? Units take their turns instead of player > enemy > player, you have a ton of weapons, take out the enemy body to get destroy them, I think limbs and head affect their stats, like they move less with no legs and can't aim very well with no head? Earn OP for every bop and then spend those like TacP eg Sousuke got the bop but you can power up Kurz if you want. Its fully voiced too so far, which is wild.

You have Not SP to cast Not Spirits with which you can level up to increase their power. Focus for a single attack, +50% damage for an attack, +5% accuracy/evasion until your next turn. Mostly just SRW stuff tweaked a little.

Zebulon posted:

Oh god I just got to mission 26 in SRW X. Someone please tell me there's a screenshot of Spero in full angry parrot mode, since this game has decided I'm not allowed to take them myself for any reason.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Literally over a month since my copy of X was shipped. Still not seen anything to indicate its gotten here. I will give it a week or two more before declaring it lost in the mail and just downloading.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Ashsaber posted:

Literally over a month since my copy of X was shipped. Still not seen anything to indicate its gotten here. I will give it a week or two more before declaring it lost in the mail and just downloading.

That's got to be maddening. Sorry you have to deal with that kind of endless suspense.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

After playing the first stage of the new Full Metal Panic game I’m glad to see that the Neo team is still getting work.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

MechaX posted:

I started the Space route to see what it was going to be like and was like "haha, Klim is funny," when I got to that part, and then booted up the Earth route to see which one I wanted to stick with.

And then Bird Man Kurama ended up having a human form, and for someone that knows nothing about Mr. Keith Courage, I was like "hold the gently caress up" and went with that route.

But I got Mazinger Z, and sorry Sakaya and Boss, ya'll cool but I am never ever going to use you in a non SRW Alpha Portable title.

I used boss for a while for resupply but then the secret g.o.a.t unit gratin got that too.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Ain't nothin' secret about it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm slowly working through SRW Gaiden, doing 2-3 stages at a time. The game is just so slow compared to it's remake that I can't do long sittings, but aside from that it's great.

Resonance22
Dec 17, 2006

Ashsaber posted:

That sucks! For what it's worth, my order to San Fran took about 4 weeks total. 2 weeks in, Singapore post updated the tracking from no info to say it arrived in the US. 2 weeks after that, it just showed up at my place. Tracking never updated past "arrived in US"

I still need to finish V...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ethiser posted:

After playing the first stage of the new Full Metal Panic game I’m glad to see that the Neo team is still getting work.

Oh poo poo does the VMP game play like Neo?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Excellent.
:stoked:

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Oh poo poo does the VMP game play like Neo?

So far it’s like a mix of Neo and the GameCube game. Units move in order based on speed and have a defined radius they can move in. Units take up physical space so you can block other units’ movement. In addition to the main body you can destroy the arms, legs, and head to negatively impact an Arm Slave’s performance.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
On Scenario 35ish in X and I love how everyone rightfully shits on Char, and Char's just like "...oh poo poo that's right I did do that, I suck."

And it's at its peak when Haman is brought up and Judau is like "well maybe you shouldn't have been loving awful to her to make her turn out the way she did, dude"

MechaX fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Jun 2, 2018

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

MechaX posted:

On Scenario 35ish in X and I love how everyone rightfully shits on Char, and Char's just like "...oh poo poo that's right I did do that, I suck."

And it's at its peak when Haman is brought up and Judau is like "well maybe you shouldn't have been loving awful to her to make her turn out the way she did, dude"
Char sounds like he’s apologizing for stupid poo poo he did when he was 16 but it was only a few months ago or something.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Ethiser posted:

So far it’s like a mix of Neo and the GameCube game. Units move in order based on speed and have a defined radius they can move in. Units take up physical space so you can block other units’ movement. In addition to the main body you can destroy the arms, legs, and head to negatively impact an Arm Slave’s performance.

I've played it for a bit and so far I really don't get the game. It's basically a shot for shot following of the Sigma manga so far which means every stage but one has been a Sousuke solo, you literally never get to pick which mechs you're piloting and in general you make incredibly few decisions about anything.

I really don't get how or why there's even a system for swapping which mechs you pilot since every mission forces you into a specific one anyways?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I saw something about there being alternate endings so I'm hoping after beating the game once you get a lot more freedom to change things around.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Maybe you get to swap mechs later on? Same as in SRW, sometimes guys are force deployed in their canon mech, eventually you're allowed to have all your poo poo left alone and not have Bullet autodeploy in just the plane half of the Grungust Type 3!!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

EthanSteele posted:

Maybe you get to swap mechs later on? Same as in SRW, sometimes guys are force deployed in their canon mech, eventually you're allowed to have all your poo poo left alone and not have Bullet autodeploy in just the plane half of the Grungust Type 3!!

But why would you deploy Bullet? He's just a spirit battery for Kusuha.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

MonsieurChoc posted:

But why would you deploy Bullet? He's just a spirit battery for Kusuha.

No, the problem there is he keeps taking over Katina and Russel's mech for some reason. It's really annoying.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Infinity Gaia posted:

No, the problem there is he keeps taking over Katina and Russel's mech for some reason. It's really annoying.

Yes! Exactly! It's bullshit! Just cast Yell for Kusuha already.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

So I'm a bit late to the party (I was playing Pillars of Eternity 2 first).
But I'm playing this now.
Am I supposed to be getting a Dragon Quest vibe from Wataru?

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

ChrisBTY posted:

Am I supposed to be getting a Dragon Quest vibe from Wataru?

Just because Dragon Quest has a Sword of Kings and a Sword of Heroes...

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I find it amusing just how many people have voiced lines specifically calling out Gargoyle on being a massive piece of poo poo.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
X felt very rich on targeted lines. I don't remember the last time an SRW had a final boss with individual dialogue for every single unit and not just each property/group with the squaddies lumped in.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Caphi posted:

X felt very rich on targeted lines. I don't remember the last time an SRW had a final boss with individual dialogue for every single unit and not just each property/group with the squaddies lumped in.

SRW OG1

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Caphi posted:

V had that too I think. The boss had something to say for each of my deployed units.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Weissritter posted:

V had that too I think. The boss had something to say for each of my deployed units.

Boss and Sayaka were attached to Koji and I'm pretty sure Asuka and Rei were attached to Shinji rather than their own thing. 99% sure that Saburota was attached to Akito as well as Black Mightgaine not having his own trigger and being attached to Mightgaine.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Ended up finishing X last night. While I liked V more because of the roster more than anything else (waaay more attached to properties like FMP and EVA), X got very strong past the halfway point and I liked how it crossed over on some series. And I came in being indifferent to Buddy Complex and now I am genuinely interested in watching it.

Kinda disappointed on how they handled Cross Ange and Mazinger Zero compared to their V versions (V could have also covered how Zero is a sentient thing in the way X did in addition to the crossover EVA elements and it would have been perfect), but it was still all good.

Also glad I went Iori first, because what I heard on Spero on the Amari route is just... not good...

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
So I hear Klim does great in the Crossbone in X. Where should I stick Tobia then? Sazabi? Hi-Nu?

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
Once I found out Mashymere in the Hi-Nu was a no-go, I put Tobia in. Got Seabook in the Sazabi since he has native Hit&Away.

Amuro + Nu + Hyper Reloader is so gross.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Ple and Ple 2 get the closest thing to twin/foil units the game allows, so Hi-Nu and Nightingale this time.

(I wish Unicorn wasn't pilot-locked in V)

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
Yeah but they're not as good of pilots.

Actually I dunno I still don't have Ple 2 is she space route only? Oops did she die?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

bacon flaps posted:

Actually I dunno I still don't have Ple 2 is she space route only? Oops did she die?

No she just comes at like stage 45 or something ridiculously late.

Pureauthor posted:

Ple and Ple 2 get the closest thing to twin/foil units the game allows, so Hi-Nu and Nightingale this time.

(I wish Unicorn wasn't pilot-locked in V)

Just use them in Penelope and the Xi :eng101:

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
Wait Ple 2 joins after nearish endgame spoiler I guess? Anti-Spiral poo poo starts popping off? That's ridiculous. I can't wait to do space route on my replay and see how the hell it got dragged out to that.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

bacon flaps posted:

Wait Ple 2 joins after nearish endgame spoiler I guess? Anti-Spiral poo poo starts popping off? That's ridiculous. I can't wait to do space route on my replay and see how the hell it got dragged out to that.

Yeah, play a bit more. It isn't as jarring as it seems.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

bacon flaps posted:

Yeah, but autoFocus at 130 will is a hell of an Ace Bonus.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
I only run Gundam pilots with Potential :kamina:

And Char and Amuro because come the gently caress on.

edit: I didn't mean ridiculous in a bad way I had just imagined some SRW original bit where Ple 2 arrives as a reinforcement against the scale of foe I'm encountering currently

bacon flaps fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jun 7, 2018

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Puru Two has the same problem as Mashymere, in that she doesn't boost suits with the Newtype weapon damage boost custom bonus. Why did you do this SRW team...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
I've finally got some free time again, so it's time to hopefully finish up Sakura Wars 2. Stream going live in a few!

Edit: Stream over, I can't believe the final boss was a giant butt

Hokuto fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jun 8, 2018

• Locked thread