Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

He looks like the skid from letterkenny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwtOukiaGTk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Kraftwerk posted:

Not if you wanna work as a lawyer, banker or IBM employee.

Presumably he doesn't

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Does IBM even have their "must look like D-FENS" policy anymore?

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Kraftwerk posted:

Not if you wanna work as a lawyer, banker or IBM employee.

They said "people"

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Arcsquad12 posted:

What exactly do the liberals expect to gain from a spite vote at this point?

saving their core core seats

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel

THC posted:

People are allowed to look the way they want to look, gently caress is wrong with you man

Objectively, you can make many decisions regarding your appearance that make you look worse to most people. I'm sure he's someone's type in a big way.

I think you need to calm down. I commented negatively on some guy's appearance on the internet, oh no! Even better, on a private forum he'll never see. Why don't you take it up with who ever decided it was worth posting his photos in the thread?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Normal looking people tend to be the ones you want to avoid anyway since theyre always hiding something sinister. Especially in politics.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Typo posted:

saving their core core seats

Staving off annihilation?

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

I’m calmer than you are bitch

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Arcsquad12 posted:

Staving off annihilation?

yeah, generally really really bad things starts to happen to your party once you dip below 20-25% of PV in FPTP

like the UK liberal party used to be one of the two major parties but went extinct after a few cycles <25%

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Arcsquad12 posted:

Gonna start burning Canadian tire bills now?

When I bought a new pair of wipers yesterday, the cashier asks if I wanted Crappy Tire money now rather than just handing it over automatically.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

yellowcar posted:

When I bought a new pair of wipers yesterday, the cashier asks if I wanted Crappy Tire money now rather than just handing it over automatically.

They're trying to push people towards their stupid card thing so you can't just walk in with a fat stack of bills and be like "i believe i'll be getting $3.65 off this purchase, friendo :smug:" and watch some high school kid try to count out a big pile of 5 cent bills.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Powershift posted:

They're trying to push people towards their stupid card thing so you can't just walk in with a fat stack of bills and be like "i believe i'll be getting $3.65 off this purchase, friendo :smug:" and watch some high school kid try to count out a big pile of 5 cent bills.

There's also a bunch of data monitoring poo poo on the new card, because I keep getting offers in my email for car rust repair materials. :v:

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Wirth1000 posted:

Can't think of a better place to post this than CanPol: gently caress Canadian Tire forever.

:same: and I don't even care what they did

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The last time i went into a Canadian Tire it smelled like a chinese shipping container and everything i needed was 4 times the price of rockauto so gently caress them, really.

Hopefully they get bought out and sold for parts by some american hedge fund because that's what they really deserve, and what would best suit the middle class and those working hard to join the middle class.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
their entire business plan is based around marking everything up 4x then having stupid sales every weekend where they cut their prices by 3x and make it look like you're getting an amazing deal

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

RBC posted:

their entire business plan is based around marking everything up 4x then having stupid sales every weekend where they cut their prices by 3x and make it look like you're getting an amazing deal

Yeah, but when you NEED a T45 torx but they're right there for you to gently caress you in the rear end.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
They must be terrified of Princess Auto.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Imagine if Princess Auto could ever get their poo poo together.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Furnaceface posted:

Normal looking people tend to be the ones you want to avoid anyway since theyre always hiding something sinister. Especially in politics.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

The main reason I go to Canadian Tire is because they're the only retailer with a decent website where I can check their in-store inventory online before going there for any little houseware odds and ends. I have no idea why nobody else is capable of doing that.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Coxswain Balls posted:

The main reason I go to Canadian Tire is because they're the only retailer with a decent website where I can check their in-store inventory online before going there for any little houseware odds and ends. I have no idea why nobody else is capable of doing that.

Home Depot's website owns cause it even nails down exactly which aisle and bay # the tiny rear end faucet or whatever the gently caress you're looking for is in.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Coxswain Balls posted:

LCBO does that too. It's nice when I am hunting down booze I want to over drink.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
The fact that they can tell you down to the isle where to find poo poo is awesome and ya it's why CT maybe doesn't deserve to die.

Yet.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

EvilJoven posted:

The fact that they can tell you down to the isle where to find poo poo is awesome and ya it's why CT maybe doesn't deserve to die.

Yet.

Literally everything wrong with Canada can be traced back to Canadian Tire.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Wirth1000 posted:

Home Depot's website owns cause it even nails down exactly which aisle and bay # the tiny rear end faucet or whatever the gently caress you're looking for is in.

Yeah, Home Depot and the other hardware stores are pretty decent for this too, but for general purpose stuff Canadian Tire has everyone else beat.

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf
As someone new to the country who had to buy a lot of essentials all at once, Canadian Tire is the loving poo poo man.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

NZAmoeba posted:

As someone new to the country who had to buy a lot of essentials all at once, Canadian Tire is the loving poo poo man.

It's ok.

You will learn. :unsmith:

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

Wirth1000 posted:

This is so loving great when I have to buy stuff for work, especially combined with the relatively accurate store by store inventory so you only waste as much time driving as you want to. Canadian tire is good for people who just moved out and if you have a specific item to buy and time to wait for a sale. And Princess Auto has the best weird overstock aisles full of old electronics, ammo boxes, fishing stuff and miscellaneous wtf.

I hope the NDP in Ontario wins because if the PCs win I will be even more scared about that fuckhead Jason Kenny winning. Maybe the Alberta Party will split enough votes from those assholes to let the NDP squeak through.

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

Tomorrow Vancouver's right wing municipal party, the Non Partisan Association may nominate a Rob Ford like, idle rich, gently caress everything populist. Will be exciting to watch.

quote:

Results of NPA mayoral nomination vote could change course of Vancouver’s election

VANCOUVER—On Sunday, members of Vancouver’s oldest political party will choose between two middle-of-the-road mayoral candidates — and an outsider with a deep suspicion of real estate developers and their ties to city hall.

The results of the June 3 vote for the centre-right Non-Partisan Association’s mayoral nomination could drastically change the tone of Vancouver’s upcoming election campaign.

“I think it’s going to be very, very close on Sunday,” predicted John Coupar, a two-term NPA park board commissioner who is running for the nomination and has the support of many party veterans.

Coupar and one of his opponents, Ken Sim, both have deep ties to Vancouver’s business community and are emphasizing their business and political experience. When it comes to fixing Vancouver’s housing problems, the single biggest issue of the campaign so far, they have similar views on the need to shorten building permit times and allow gentle density in some neighbourhoods after community consultation.

The third candidate, Glen Chernen, works nearly full time trying to prove wrongdoing in city land deals — an attempt that at times involves lengthy court battles. He has not had a conventional job in 20 years but makes his living managing his own investments, he told StarMetro in a May 17 interview.

He appeals to voters who believe developers have too much influence over city hall and are calling for more measures to slow demand for housing, especially from offshore buyers. To make housing more affordable, Chernen has said he would allow extra density only when developers agree to put a covenant on the new homes, to ensure they’ll be sold to people who live and work in Vancouver.

Missing from the upcoming contest are the views of Hector Bremner, a sitting NPA city councillor who was rejected for the mayoral nomination by the party’s board. Bremner supports the idea that many of Vancouver’s single-family neighbourhoods should be opened up to denser development.

But Bremner was not chosen as a nomination candidate because of conflict-of-interest concerns raised by two of Chernen’s supporters — allegations that have not yet been proven and that Bremner characterizes as politically motivated.

Bremner is now contemplating starting his own party.

Coupar believes the vote will be close because Chernen got a head start signing up new NPA members, before Coupar announced his candidacy on March 21 and Sim announced on April 16.

“He had a head start and I think we’ve been catching up quickly,” Coupar said. “I just don’t know whether we’ve had a chance to catch up fully, but I feel pretty good from what I’m hearing.”

Coupar has the support of many current and former NPA city councillors, school board trustees and park board commissioners, as well as the endorsement of former mayor Philip Owen.

Sim said he’s been relying on a large network of friends, family and volunteers to secure votes as the nomination meeting nears.

Chernen declined an interview request, but he said in an email that his team has “been letting people know there is a clear choice in this nomination meeting; voting for myself who is free from outside influence, who only wants to work for the communities of this great city and has been hot on the heels of the current administration for nearly six years.

“Or they have a choice for the two other candidates who have been reluctant to take a strong stance on any of the issues. The fact of the matter is that the provincial government has finally moved to ban big money from civic politics, so we need to get with the times and operate with total transparency and accountability.”

Sim is new to politics, but he said his experience as an accountant and the founder of two businesses — Nurse Next Door and Rosemary Rocksalt — will allow him to take a fresh look at city hall. He believes he can use his experience studying business operations to improve the city’s building permit process, which can take years.

“I understand financials,” Sim said. “Being able to look at a city’s finances from a difference perspective and understanding how things work will be incredibly valuable.”

Coupar, the president of Novex Courier, also wants to tackle building permit times. He thinks the way to help is to look at putting city permit approval storefronts in Vancouver neighbourhoods, so they’re easier to access.

Coupar is also passionate about the need for more community centres and other recreational amenities, in a growing city where families are increasingly living in small apartments.

“I don’t like to walk by problems and not see them solved,” Coupar said. “When I go around the city, I see little things sometimes that I think, ‘Why can’t we fix that?’”

Vision Vancouver, the centre-left party that has held power in Vancouver for a decade, will hold its mayoral nomination meeting on June 24. Only one candidate is running for that nomination, Ian Campbell, a hereditary chief of the Squamish Nation. Taleeb Noormohamed, a technology executive, recently announced he would bow out of that race because of health concerns.

In addition, several candidates are running as independent mayoral candidates, hoping to gain support from Vancouver’s various left-wing parties. Those candidates include Kennedy Stewart, NDP MP for Burnaby South, and Shauna Sylvester, executive director of Simon Fraser University’s Centre for Dialogue.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Coxswain Balls posted:

Jesus christ, i was looking for the best garden hose/$ the other day and Home Depot and Lowes were 100% identical, and you couldn't tell which products they actually had in store without clicking on each individual product. They're trying to transition to online retailers but gently caress off, you've abused your local monopoly for so many loving years if i have to order online i'm not ordering from you cunts.

In the end, everything in store had a 1/5 star rating, and the cheaper poo poo online had a 4/5 star rating so i ordered that cheaper poo poo off amazon and just did nothing for a loving weekend.

The current crop of B&M stores can't die fast enough.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Canadian Tire's in-house motomaster brand is utter poo poo, gently caress Canadian Tire

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

RBC posted:

Those deals can actually be really good though, I've gotten some good deals when the discount is around 75%.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I feel bad that none of you have ever stepped foot into a Peavy Mart

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

DariusLikewise posted:

I appreciate how the very first product category on their website is "Birding".

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

DariusLikewise posted:

We have Peavey Mart and it is awesome. Doesn't hold a candle to American Tractor Supply though :(

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
The only Peavey Marts in town are both in areas that are basically suicide to get to by bike so I only go on the rare occasion I have the truck.

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!
Canadian tire has a proud tradition of ripping off Canadians. They got their start when some guy decided to create a captive market by buying up all of the tire chains in the entire province of Ontario one year so everyone had to come to his store to buy them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeast Confection
Oct 7, 2005
Canadian Tire lets you add items to a sale alert list. You get an e-mail the day before they go on sale. Pretty great for kitchen gear when you're livin on a budget. :unsmith: