Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/1002943956945076224

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

So when maswastaken said

Did they mean that seeing them as equal is an integral part of being a Radical Feminist? I'm really sorry but for some reason, I'm just having a rough time parsing that sentence. I'm not even against or for it, I'm just confused on what they meant to begin with.

No dude, it’s that TERFs are shithead gender essentialists who refuse to acknowledge the reality of what trans folk are and claim they’re all pretending or some poo poo. It’s about identity not equality.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

zoux posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/1002230480983519232

“What is important to young women?”

“Well, they like pink and purple for sure, flowery fonts and being told they are biologically inferior to men”

yeah jordan peterson seems pretty opposed to women having leadership at all so I have no loving clue what he's doing there

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Arivia posted:

yeah jordan peterson seems pretty opposed to women having leadership at all so I have no loving clue what he's doing there

You see to think the alt right has a good faith interest in developing young women. Well, in the verb sense of development anyway.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Is there some bug in your forum-reading device that's eating the part right before your quote where it says "DP actually thinks..."?

No I'm just cutting that part out because I understand that part but it's everything beyond it that I'm confused about.

Rogue 7 posted:

No dude, it’s that TERFs are shithead gender essentialists who refuse to acknowledge the reality of what trans folk are and claim they’re all pretending or some poo poo. It’s about identity not equality.

See, I'm super literal so when they were saying Radical Feminists without including Trans Exclusionary in front of it I thought they meant just normal to stereotype feminists. Now this makes sense.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Looks like Mr. Clean was hit by a hack too?

https://twitter.com/RealMrClean/status/340551786496671744?s=19

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

zoux posted:

You see to think the alt right has a good faith interest in developing young women. Well, in the verb sense of development anyway.

The adjective sense, maybe?

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

We all remember the great hackings of 2013.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Subjunctive posted:

The adjective sense, maybe?

Spoiler alert: the alt right is only interested in women for their sexual utility, them being people is an inconvenient mess best ignored.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Cythereal posted:

Spoiler alert: the alt right is only interested in women for their sexual utility, them being people is an inconvenient mess best ignored.

Right, but I thought they preferred them before development was complete.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
If Mr. Clean doesn't gently caress then how did he get crabs?

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Couldn't find a good pic of the promise for free owls

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Push El Burrito posted:

If Mr. Clean doesn't gently caress then how did he get crabs?

It's a little-known fact that crabs are attracted to cleaning product residues because it smells like fish.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

hanales posted:

We all remember the great hackings of 2013.

:doh: I didn't even notice the timestamp. I just assumed they would delete a compromised tweet once they regained control.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Phoneposting, so no screenshots, but I just had to tell a pedophile on twitter not to conflate pedophilia with LGBT and Pride stuff. What the hell, guy? I've seen several people doing this lately, and it makes my skin crawl.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
I've said this in a few threads but as an American living in the UK I'm pretty consistently shocked how many British people have no problem coming up to me and talking about how 'immigrants' and 'Muslims' are ruining their country. Though the weird half assed backpedaling I get when I go 'uh I'm an immigrant.' is super amusing to me.

I guess they do try to dance around saying outright I'm white so I pass so maybe they are scared.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

DicktheCat posted:

Phoneposting, so no screenshots, but I just had to tell a pedophile on twitter not to conflate pedophilia with LGBT and Pride stuff. What the hell, guy? I've seen several people doing this lately, and it makes my skin crawl.

Pedophiles do this to normalize their urges. Conservatives do it to demonize LGBT folks.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Pedophiles do this to normalize their urges. Conservatives do it to demonize LGBT folks.

If they have an anime avatar then it's likely both.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Darkhold posted:

I've said this in a few threads but as an American living in the UK I'm pretty consistently shocked how many British people have no problem coming up to me and talking about how 'immigrants' and 'Muslims' are ruining their country. Though the weird half assed backpedaling I get when I go 'uh I'm an immigrant.' is super amusing to me.

I guess they do try to dance around saying outright I'm white so I pass so maybe they are scared.

I had a Brit in a pub give me a (not technically incorrect) spiel about how America was Racist, and then he immediately segued into complaining about "the Pakis" with absolutely no irony whatsoever.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Is not being a loving moron about radical feminism a gimmick these days?

And why do libfems hate the police so much? No doubt, police forces have problems with racism, often act to protect the wealthy and powerful, sometimes fail to help abuse victims, and employ violent jarhead dudebro types. But, could your average "gender warrior" actively walk into a crime scene or break up literal violence? As much as I can understand critiquing police, libfems conveniently gloss over the fact that police and first responders walk directly into literal danger daily and deal with hard criminals who do literal harm to people (drug dealers, gang territory, murderers, armed robbery, rape in progress, etc). Libfems talk a big game, but could they really do better?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Subjunctive posted:

Right, but I thought they preferred them before development was complete.

Depends. Definitely before their mental and emotional development is complete, and always virginal. Their dream is basically a virginal supermodel just barely sentient enough to do all the chores around the house.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Skwirl posted:

More replies to a free Pride PS4 background
https://twitter.com/GamerTakes/status/1002735803309715462?s=19

Because there are absolutely no days of the year that celebrate mothers or fathers.

Did someone say good fathers?

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

tyblazitar posted:

It's almost hard to believe the same guy wrote Black Books, I wonder if he just went full bigot after that or what.

Black Books - like Father Ted and all the shows that Lineham worked on that aren't loving offensive - had him working on a partner. I can only assume that he's given into his worst impulses since he went solo.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I had a Brit in a pub give me a (not technically incorrect) spiel about how America was Racist, and then he immediately segued into complaining about "the Pakis" with absolutely no irony whatsoever.

Don't forget the delightful European people who tell you how racist the US is (super racist, no argument there) but then go on and on about "the Gypsies" and when you call them on it, they are all "Oh, you don't understand, Gypsies really are terrible!"

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

ookiimarukochan posted:

Black Books - like Father Ted and all the shows that Lineham worked on that aren't loving offensive - had him working on a partner. I can only assume that he's given into his worst impulses since he went solo.

Yeah, Black Books was created by Dylan Moran and Linehan only worked on the first season. (Notably, one of his episodes is the "Bill Bailey gets turned into a 'girly' model" one.)

verymoldy
May 23, 2004

Hey penguin person did you have a very embarrassing black eye the next day at work when you got beat up for being terrible?

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

^^^ Well gently caress you too, smeghead.

Arnold Judas Rimmer?

Gazpacho soup!

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Also, the IT Crowd still leans into the "women suck at computers" joke all the way into the fourth season.

Like, even though her role went more from "head of IT" to "liaison between management and IT" in like, the first episode, after four seasons it's pretty wild to believe that someone who works all day with the likes of Roy and Moss still doesn't know what an internet browser is.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Besesoth posted:

Yeah, Black Books was created by Dylan Moran and Linehan only worked on the first season. (Notably, one of his episodes is the "Bill Bailey gets turned into a 'girly' model" one.)

It’s weird how many episode plots from that season Linehan reused in the IT Crowd. There’s an episode where Moss becomes a model to match the one you noted, there’s similar Roy/Bernard spend a night on the streets episodes, so forth and so on.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

AlbieQuirky posted:

Don't forget the delightful European people who tell you how racist the US is (super racist, no argument there) but then go on and on about "the Gypsies" and when you call them on it, they are all "Oh, you don't understand, Gypsies really are terrible!"

I got you both beat. Was talking to an Australian about how the residential schools in Canada were practically death and work camps in a lot of cases, designed to kill us off one way or the other. He agreed, and said it was completely horrifying... before segueing into how the Australian residential schools were good and necessary because Australian Aborigines were savages killing each other non stop.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Tiberius Thyben posted:

I got you both beat. Was talking to an Australian about how the residential schools in Canada were practically death and work camps in a lot of cases, designed to kill us off one way or the other. He agreed, and said it was completely horrifying... before segueing into how the Australian residential schools were good and necessary because Australian Aborigines were filthy savages killing each other non stop.

As a filthy USian could you explain residential schools?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

hanales posted:

As a filthy USian could you explain residential schools?

That's no excuse, the US had/still has those.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Oh I see. I wasn’t familiar with that term but yeah I’ve heard of those.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Check it: the IT Crowd sucks and was never funny

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Who What Now posted:

Check it: the IT Crowd sucks and was never funny

like flight of the concords or peep show or 95% of ambiguously british comedy shows.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Biplane posted:

peep show

gently caress you

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

TinTower posted:

gently caress you

Backing you up here, what a gently caress

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Biplane posted:

like flight of the concords or peep show or 95% of ambiguously british comedy shows.

Red Dwarf was hilarious you horrible bastard

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Screaming Idiot posted:

Red Dwarf was hilarious you horrible bastard

red dwarf is part of the 5%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Biplane posted:

red dwarf is part of the 5%

I retract the horrible bastard statement but I still have my eye on you