Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Edit: never mind!

MichiganCubbie fucked around with this message at 18:39 on May 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
re: Jedi, Sith raid

Ought I be dumping all of my guild rewards into Hermit Yoda?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

WerrWaaa posted:

re: Jedi, Sith raid

Ought I be dumping all of my guild rewards into Hermit Yoda?

either HY or Wampa, yes

If you haven't started on either, go with HY at this point as the TI boys seem hot about everyone having him.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
I run tarkin, and against thrawns I like to have tfp starting, use his special off the bat, my executrix usually goes before their chimaera, and ai chimaera's usually use the aoe move 1st, triggering the tfp foresight and bumping executrix even further ahead. FOTP makes a good 1st reinforcement, auto target lock on current target (usually their biggs), then FOTP special usually kills the enemy biggs.
Starting lineup is biggs, DV, TFP, all g12, executrix g11

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
I've done well with TFP/FOTP/Biggs as my starters under Thrawn with TAdv, Ghost and Slave 1 as reinforcements. With geared up pilots you have 2-3 chances at a target lock early and Vader's reinforcement with at least one tier of mats on it drops 3 DoTs on the entire enemy fleet which sometimes puts you in a winning position all by itself. Ghost is another great reinforcement since it stalls their damage and lets you stealth Ghost and Vader + deal some good damage and lock/DoT one of their ships.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

One of the SWGOH podcasts said that Gamechanger beta accounts are back to 5 hard node attempts a day so it’s now an open question if they’ll be reverted on the live client.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

CubsWoo posted:

One of the SWGOH podcasts said that Gamechanger beta accounts are back to 5 hard node attempts a day so it’s now an open question if they’ll be reverted on the live client.

Tbh I haven't really noticed a difference besides just getting more annoyed when I get nothing

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

CubsWoo posted:

If they upped the drop rate and dropped it to 5, I'd be happy. As it stands I don't get enough energy in a day to do all of the nodes I still need and they're not going to slow down this hard-node only bullshit by a drat sight.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Time to buy Enfys and get a full refund after the nerf drops because this is incredible

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

CubsWoo posted:

Time to buy Enfys and get a full refund after the nerf drops because this is incredible

they should do the opposite but also bring back pre-nerf Visas.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Almost got enough mats for my first zeta. Is there any reason why I shouldn't put it on Emperor's leader ability? My arena team is an empire team (EP, DV, TFP, Thrawn, Tarkin) and I don't have CLS yet.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Gorgolflox posted:

Almost got enough mats for my first zeta. Is there any reason why I shouldn't put it on Emperor's leader ability? My arena team is an empire team (EP, DV, TFP, Thrawn, Tarkin) and I don't have CLS yet.

nope, EP away, baby

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I have a lot of zeta's saved up because I'm a video game hoarder. Is there any reference that shows which zetas are best?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

UmOk posted:

I have a lot of zeta's saved up because I'm a video game hoarder. Is there any reference that shows which zetas are best?

Who do you have? Are you on discord? Someone just posted a list of the top 100. I'll look for it

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It feels like I'm getting zeta's more often recently. I had 11 for ages and then I'm up to 17 all of a sudden.

Once I get 20 its going to Palpatine.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

UmOk posted:

It really depends on what you want to accomplish and who you have geared up.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I am on discord but I haven't check it in a while. My main goal is getting squads for the sith raid.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

I posted the "top 100" list in discord, but it's from one of the main youtubers and I disagree with a good amount of it.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

UmOk posted:

I am on discord but I haven't check it in a while. My main goal is getting squads for the sith raid.

Zetas for the Sith raid, by phase, in order of value-ish:

P1:
RJT Lead, BB8 Roll w/ the punches, R2 Number Crunch, R2 Combat Analysis, RJT Insight.

P2:
Hermit Yoda’s prot heal, and that’s about it for most p2 teams. Thrawn lead and Veers if you’re gonna try full troopers, Sabine and Kanan if you’re gonna do full Phoenix, etc., maybe, but for most teams that you’ll actually run you don’t need Zetas.

P3:
Han, Shoots First. That’s all.

P4:
Assam Lead, then unique. Daka Unique if you are using zombie. Then Talzin unique.

There aren’t really many Zetas that are make or break for Sith raid success. It’s much more about gear and having the right squads.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Its not a coincidence that several of those stand out as top zetas overall. It's absolutely not a mistake to get both JTR zetas (virtuous protector not terrible either), both R2 zetas, both BB8 zetas, Raid Han, Veers, and both Asajj zetas

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jun 2, 2018

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh yea that reminds me, with the new resistance/FO characters added, who are recommended for the stuff to get JTRey?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

twistedmentat posted:

Oh yea that reminds me, with the new resistance/FO characters added, who are recommended for the stuff to get JTRey?

Rey’s requirements are specific, not faction. It’s the Vets, BB8, Finn and Scav.

As for unlocking BB8, I’m sure Kylo unmasked and executioner make it easier I guess.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

CaptainPsyko posted:

Rey’s requirements are specific, not faction. It’s the Vets, BB8, Finn and Scav.

As for unlocking BB8, I’m sure Kylo unmasked and executioner make it easier I guess.

Yea, I've only got bb8 to 4 or 5 stars so I'll keep farming the excutioner. And I better get working on the Vets then. Though I think we have a few months before those events come back.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, I've only got bb8 to 4 or 5 stars so I'll keep farming the excutioner. And I better get working on the Vets then. Though I think we have a few months before those events come back.

BB8 is back in 2 weeks.

Rey, it’s not announced but a lot of people are suspecting late this month.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Hey, I haven't been in the game for a couple weeks now. I'm kinda burned out, so I'm taking a break. Feel free to drop me from the guild. Username Sirc Reclaw.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Canemacar posted:

Hey, I haven't been in the game for a couple weeks now. I'm kinda burned out, so I'm taking a break. Feel free to drop me from the guild. Username Sirc Reclaw.

Good luck in rl friend

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
EP zeta lead is one of the best arena leads you can have right now, and TFP, DV, thrawn and GMT are all great with it and good in fleet arena

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

CaptainPsyko posted:

BB8 is back in 2 weeks.

Rey, it’s not announced but a lot of people are suspecting late this month.

That's not surprising, they're normally connected.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

EP zeta lead is one of the best arena leads you can have right now, and TFP, DV, thrawn and GMT are all great with it and good in fleet arena

Really the only thing I'd look at to improve that team is some kind of reactive tank from your choice of Darth Sion, Sith Trooper, and Shoretrooper. Sion and Shore seem to be the hotness on my shard, so I don't know if Sith Trooper fell out of style or if he just blends in with all the darkside edgelords.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Warmachine posted:

Really the only thing I'd look at to improve that team is some kind of reactive tank from your choice of Darth Sion, Sith Trooper, and Shoretrooper. Sion and Shore seem to be the hotness on my shard, so I don't know if Sith Trooper fell out of style or if he just blends in with all the darkside edgelords.

In terms of utility for an EP team, you want Sion > Sith Trooper > probably GK > Shore Trooper. Shore is still a good option versus Nightsisters (for plague). Some people run both Sion and Sith Trooper, or Sion and GK. At the upper end and versus other Sions, Vader can be a liability because he'll open with Crush and feed TM to opposing Nihilus, so two tanks can help there instead.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Sion is really good if you also have Nihilus at a usable state, but I dont know if I would recommend it for newer players, the above team is great for arena and sets you up well for fleet arena. Shoretrooper or sith trooper are good, and shoretrooper at least gets you tie reaper shards as well. The most important thing though is as much speed on your DV as possible.

Fuck You And Diebold fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jun 4, 2018

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I'm power farming Sith Trooper since he's a much closer grind for me. I also need to keep an eye on when I can farm mods to try and get a real banger set for Vader.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Reaper isn't good anymore... maybe as a reinforcement to throw a snag in the tiebreaker for cap ships, but that's really it.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Chilichimp posted:

Reaper isn't good anymore... maybe as a reinforcement to throw a snag in the tiebreaker for cap ships, but that's really it.

Reaper isn’t the best ship in the game anymore, but its still top ten; it wins capship races, has a solid reinforce ability, and a fairly good kit (dispel, cooldown increase, offense down, defense/Prot up for an ally)

Rand Ecliptic
May 23, 2003

Jesus Saves! - And Takes Half Damage!!
To unlock Rey (Jedi Training) you require a 7-star BB-8, and to unlock a 7-star BB-8 you require 5 7-star First Order characters.

Is this correct?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Rand Ecliptic posted:

To unlock Rey (Jedi Training) you require a 7-star BB-8, and to unlock a 7-star BB-8 you require 5 7-star First Order characters.

Is this correct?

For Rey Jedi Training its a specific team, Scav Rey, BB8, Veteran Han, Veteran Chewie, and Finn all 7*, and to get 7* BB8 yeah, its 5 7* First Order

Fuck You And Diebold fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jun 5, 2018

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

For Rey Jedi Training its a specific team, Scav Rey, BB8, Veteran Han, Veteran Chewie, and Finn all 7*, but to get 7* BB8 yeah, its 5 7* First Order

Maybe I’ll get Rey next year.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

im cute posted:

Maybe I’ll get Rey next year.

Yeah, the guide I saw said to expect lower than average drop rates for vet han/chewie too. Looking forward to that grind :shepface:

Rand Ecliptic
May 23, 2003

Jesus Saves! - And Takes Half Damage!!

For Rey Jedi Training its a specific team, Scav Rey, BB8, Veteran Han, Veteran Chewie, and Finn all 7*, and to get 7* BB8 yeah, its 5 7* First Order

Thanks. Yeah, it's going to be a *while* before I get RJT...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I've got Vet Han but Chewie is sitting at like 4 or 5 stars so it's not looking good. Took ~2 months for Han? I honestly don't know.