Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

What's Sonarr?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

:filez:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

It's how you find a submarinee

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
It's how you find gay sailors.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
But I repeat myself.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
A Nationals MP and an official and two senior Coalition staffers are rumoured to have advised Barnaby Joyce and Vikki Campion to abort her pregnancy - claims which have been denied.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

A Nationals MP and an official and two senior Coalition staffers are rumoured to have advised Barnaby Joyce and Vikki Campion to abort her pregnancy - claims which have been denied.

I can believe either outcome - that they actually advised it or that Barnaby's making it up to make them look more sympathetic. Don't forget everything in this whole affair has been everybody's fault but his.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbRFDcl2GIA
Can't deny it when there's video evidence. Yes that is Peta Credlin.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Ahuh.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY
Could this be bad for Bill?

Coalition ahead in byelection seats of Longman and Braddon, poll finds..
"Sky/Reachtel poll finds Labor trailing government 52% to 48% in two key seats and high levels of support for corporate tax cuts"

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/jun/03/coalition-ahead-in-byelection-seats-of-longman-and-braddon-poll-finds

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I have GOT to know what demographics they used to find support for those tax cuts

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Ora Tzo posted:

Reachtel poll

Doesn't count

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

MysticalMachineGun posted:

I have GOT to know what demographics they used to find support for those tax cuts

The demographic is idiot australians hth.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Gorilla Salad posted:

But I repeat myself.

I have a friend of mine who is in the navy and is sick of this stereotype and on his behalf I'd just like to say: It's not gay if you only do it at sea.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
single seat polling is unreliable, reachtell are also poo poo and didn’t ask questions about voting in the by election
https://twitter.com/msrose2343/status/1002935383640850432

if youre wondering about these murdoch polls and the tax cut questions...

http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com/2018/05/poll-roundup-unwanted-records-on-both.html

quote:

More Poor Poll Reporting In The Oz

It's disappointing to report that the national broadsheet, home of the most predictively reliable voting intention poll, has besmirched itself by commissioning another dubiously worded issues poll and allowing repeat offender Simon Benson to go silly with the results. The Australian's recent poll on company tax cuts itself has been panned for sins of omission in the preamble wording (eg see Adrian Beaumont's writeup). However it is the use made of it by the newspaper that is the bigger problem here. The poll question stated the tax cuts as a fait accompli, and then asked how they should be implemented. This makes the "Not at all" option underestimate opposition, since some respondents might not have supported the tax cuts in the first place, but might believe the government should nonetheless go ahead with what it has said it will do, especially when asked when it should be done. For the same reason, adding the "As soon as possible" and "In stages over the next 10 years" options together would not meaningfully show the rate of support for the plan even had the plan been accurately described.

Yet this didn't stop Benson from delighting the culture warriors with a claim that tax cuts were more popular than same-sex marriage (ignoring, alongside the preamble's defects, that an opt-in postal plebiscite is not a poll and that generic polls on same-sex marriage actually tended to show higher support than the actual outcome). And this was the second time in two polls that Benson was talking nonsense. Last fortnight, Newspoll found 46-43 opposition to a referendum on allowing dual citizens to become MPs but Benson reported this as "Most voters are also opposed", and also referred to "A majority of voters, 46 per cent". Not only is 46% obviously not a "majority" or "most voters", but the three-point margin is within the poll's margin of error anyway.

The tax cuts poll was widely claimed to be "push-polling" on social media but (for the umpteenth time) it wasn't. A push-poll is a message in the guise of a poll, distinguished by the use of a huge "sample" size (to get the message out as far as possible) and by the sponsor's disinterest in making any use of any "results". Polls with normal sample sizes but dubious wording (which might then generate a result that could be used to persuade politicians or voters that something had popular support, or simply as a news hook to grab publicity for the sponsor's views) are something else. I call them "skew-polls". The terms "advocacy polls" and "hired gun polls" are also used overseas, but advocacy polling can include commissioned polls that are fair and well designed, though in my experience those are a very small minority.

There is a long track record of right-wing media commissioning dubiously worded polls to make political points, but the Murdoch press are far from the worst offenders, just perhaps the most influential. (It was interesting to see One Nation senators scurrying after the poll result and trying to conduct their own opt-ins to test it.) I see a lot more of these things from environmental groups.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
in the non murdoch poll from the guardian a month ago where the tax cuts arnt a given it was

Not providing company tax cuts for large business
60% support
22% oppose
18% don’t know

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Lmao it's a puff piece.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Barnaby do you love your new baby?

Yes I do

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Anidav posted:

Barnaby do you love your new baby?

Yes I do

i can understand the fee now, that’s an incredibly tough thing to say

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.
I've only seen a few couples who looked less comfortable together than they do.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

When did you first realise you love her?

Tough questions haha

Man imagine getting paid 150k for cheating on your wife.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
This is the least erotic thing I have ever seen.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Anidav posted:

When did you first realise you love her?

Tough questions haha

Man imagine getting paid 150k for cheating on your wife.

much better than paying 130k to cheat, the real art of the deal

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Barnaby lecturing Vikki on how to answer a question. I mean just if you wanted more proof about her being unqualified as a media advisor.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Let's talk about aborting it :dogbutton:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

When this kid becomes a teenager he is going to hate both of them forever.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Anidav posted:

When this kid becomes a teenager he is going to hate both of them forever.

Guarantee the four he already has already do.

Also she's got daddy issues, there's something that isn't a shock.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Top ten anime abortions.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

lol the finale is Vicki saying that LNP MPs tried to force her into an abortion.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

I'm sure Sebastian's four sisters see their new baby brother as a blessing too.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Will Barnaby walk out once the relationship is no longer politically convenient or do you reckon he'll wait a couple of days?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

bandaid.friend posted:

Will Barnaby walk out once the relationship is no longer politically convenient or do you reckon he'll wait a couple of days?

This is exactly the opposite of politically convenient.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Compared to his other options

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Surely this should be top 10 anime betrayals.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

top 10 saddest anime affairs

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

This her dying after the betrayal.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Can we get $250,000 for Barnaby's ex-wife or daughters? Oh, they're not "famous" so nobody cares? Okay never mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Can we get $250,000 for Barnaby's ex-wife or daughters? Oh, they're not "famous" so nobody cares? Okay never mind.

I'm sure they could get paid a lot to blow up poo poo on tv and act like imbeciles, but they might have some dignity.