Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Yep. Remember the opening scene, with the two eggs? They explain that the monster ate its sibling, which is a total non-sequitur in the final cut. It was once a metaphor.

The entire film originally centered around the rebellious older brother bullying the autistic younger brother - intentionally endangering him, in an effort to ‘toughen him up’.

Chris Pratt and Jessica Chastain were also originally far more antagonistic to eachother, so the film was to end with everyone resolving to stop being total assholes and come together as a surrogate family for the autistic kid.

These interpersonal conflicts were cut from the film, to make the characters more ‘likeable.’ Consequently, large chunks of the film make no narrative sense.

That's Bryce Dallas Howard not Jessica Chastain. Seems like the original ideas about interpersonal conflicts would have made the movie better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Spacebump posted:

That's Bryce Dallas Howard not Jessica Chastain. Seems like the original ideas about interpersonal conflicts would have made the movie better.

I think getting actors mixed up intentionally is part of SMG's gimmick. It's a metaphor for him intentionally misreading films.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The Jessica Chastain joke goes back to the first film, where she's clearly just Fake Jessica Chastain.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Bryce Dallas Howard is put in productions for pretty much the same reasons that get her father work, it seems.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Mameluke posted:

Bryce Dallas Howard is put in productions for pretty much the same reasons that get her father work, it seems.

Their curvaceous bodies.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The younger brother from JW

-Dislikes prolonged eye contact
-Able to count number of teeth in dinosaur mouth from quick glance
-Encyclopedic knowledge of correct number of teeth per dinosaur

Y'all didn't pick up on the blatant clues that he was autistic?!

The abandoned plot lines, cut scenes, and goofy editing make JW such a trip. "do you still have those matches?" is my favorite line. Also love the scene atop the waterfall with crisp rat and Chastain arguing and then suddenly not arguing because they didn't have a good take for the next line of dialog

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
That's some Rain Man poo poo.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Y'all didn't pick up on the blatant clues that he was autistic?!

I just thought the script was terrible and the kid couldn't act, so :shrug:

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

The haircut on that little dork was distractingly bad

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I thought it was super obvious the kid was on the spectrum, but a lot of people thought he was just badly written too :shrug:

I really thought they should have leaned harder into it because it would have been a nice bit of representation.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Hi

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Is Benedict Cumberbatch voicing the Indominraptor?

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
[quote="GoGoGadgetChris" post=""483424305"]

The abandoned plot lines, cut scenes, and goofy editing make JW such a trip. "do you still have those matches?" is my favorite line.
[/quote]

I've not seen JW but this intrigued me. What's this about? Does he say the line in reference to a cut scene earlier which established a kid had matches on him, but didn't change the dialogue with the call back?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The scary part about Dr Wu seems to be that he actually has the common sense to get the gently caress out of dodge when your murder mutant dinosaurs are on the rampage and take his notes with him. Which in Jurassic Universe might as well be a superpower.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

I was going to make a prediction that they'd bring back Dodgson for this but I looked up that actor and... well, he's not available.

:pedo:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I guess we don't got Dodgson here.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I guess the police cared

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

bitterandtwisted posted:

I was going to make a prediction that they'd bring back Dodgson for this but I looked up that actor and... well, he's not available.

:pedo:

If they wanted the character, he wouldn’t be hard to recast - you don’t get a very good look at him in the first movie, given his sunglasses and hat.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
It's also been 25 years. By Hollywood law, he can now be portrayed by Donald Sutherland or Michael Caine

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

But no one would care?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The name's Vanessa Dodgson. I'm a sexy, sassy femme fatale who won't take no for an answer.

I'm running Biosyn ever since my dad died of shaving cream poisoning

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

poor Dodgson prob got fired

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

ugh

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

eyebeem posted:

Jurassic World : The Lost World 2

The Lost Park: Jurassic World

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Nobody remembers who the gently caress Dodgson is.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Basebf555 posted:

Nobody remembers who the gently caress Dodgson is.

Nobody cares.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

eyebeem posted:

Nobody cares.

It was a 3 week old conversation haha.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/thisjenlewis/status/880145271447072770

https://twitter.com/thisjenlewis/status/879910932859768833

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I didn’t realize it until years later, but the series finale of ‘Dinosaurs’ is bleak as gently caress. It literally ends with Earl causing an ice age and dooming the dinosaurs to extinction.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

The latest episode of James Cameron's sci fi show is funny, where he's talking to Spielberg about being beaten to the rights for Jurassic Park, and how he would have turned it into Aliens 2.

I would have liked to have seen that alternate universe.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

When I was a toddler Jurassic Park was my favourite movie in the world, but I was TERRIFIED of Dinosaurs for some reason. The second the theme song came on I fled in terror.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The new trailer actually made me excited for this. Mainly because of the BIG rear end LEVIATHANS

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Fsmhunk posted:

When I was a toddler Jurassic Park was my favourite movie in the world, but I was TERRIFIED of Dinosaurs for some reason. The second the theme song came on I fled in terror.

They were extremely creepy. My childhood terror was the Gremlin puppets though.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

precision posted:

The new trailer actually made me excited for this. Mainly because of the BIG rear end LEVIATHANS

Those aren't dinosaurs! Neither are behemoths or golems! None of the classic Jewish monsters were dinosaurs! God, I hate these new movies.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
The first time I saw this scene in Jurassic World https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0x7-oo9NAk is when I realized I needed to approach the movie with a Gremlins 2 mindset of it embracing the cartoon joke of it all. The heroic action sequence transitioning to the raptors and the evil dinosaur having a conversation that convinces the raptors to switch sides has such perfect comic timing. I'd want Fallen Kingdom to just keep pushing the movies into a bonkers direction, but it looks like it is playing towards being serious again.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Mameluke posted:

Those aren't dinosaurs! Neither are behemoths or golems! None of the classic Jewish monsters were dinosaurs! God, I hate these new movies.

I kinda like the idea that Dr. Wu is losing it and by the next movie, there will be a Gigantopithecus or something.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Shiroc posted:

The first time I saw this scene in Jurassic World https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0x7-oo9NAk is when I realized I needed to approach the movie with a Gremlins 2 mindset of it embracing the cartoon joke of it all. The heroic action sequence transitioning to the raptors and the evil dinosaur having a conversation that convinces the raptors to switch sides has such perfect comic timing. I'd want Fallen Kingdom to just keep pushing the movies into a bonkers direction, but it looks like it is playing towards being serious again.

that was the only good scene in the movie imo

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Only 9 days left (until the extremely cool-looking Jurassic World parksim)!

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

R. Guyovich posted:

that was the only good scene in the movie imo

The part where the raptor and TRex nodded to each other was great. Also when the kid hugs the baby brachiosaurus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I kinda like the idea that Dr. Wu is losing it and by the next movie, there will be a Gigantopithecus or something.

Jurassic World 3: European Vacation featuring a killer trailer shot of Nessie leaping out of the Loch to devour an entire mob of football hooligans

• Locked thread