Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Saw a jungle taliyah do pretty well, now that her Q doesn't have reduced damage to minions anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Saw a jungle taliyah do pretty well, now that her Q doesn't have reduced damage to minions anymore.
Odds are about 50/50 on whether or not they decide to let her be relevant in the jungle or just nerf all her numbers until she's unplayable like Azir

Erdricks posted:

this pyke champ is so broken, i love it
So broken I won three games in a row against him as Thresh

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I played two games as pyke last night and therefore I am the ultimate authority. Here are some scatterbrained thoughts about him.

He's OK. He's a lot of fun, I don't think he's busted.

His hook is really good - the travel time is very fast. W+E are both good at getting you out of poo poo situations. His ult is a bit finnicky and apparently its also quite buggy at the moment.

Its nice to play a support that has some agency by themselves. Sometimes I forgot to go around doing support things like placing good wards and sweeping. Its nice to have duskblade cos you can 1 shot a ward.

Thanks

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

el dingo posted:

I played two games as pyke last night and therefore I am the ultimate authority. Here are some scatterbrained thoughts about him.

He's OK. He's a lot of fun, I don't think he's busted.

His hook is really good - the travel time is very fast. W+E are both good at getting you out of poo poo situations. His ult is a bit finnicky and apparently its also quite buggy at the moment.

Its nice to play a support that has some agency by themselves. Sometimes I forgot to go around doing support things like placing good wards and sweeping. Its nice to have duskblade cos you can 1 shot a ward.

Thanks
I haven't played as him yet but I assume you play him like an Alistar or Thresh type support where you either go all-in bot lane or decide your ADC is brain dead and roam mid and ward with your jungler. In my mind, he's like playing Akali but Support somehow, you have to get fed somewhere or you're useless.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Well he's also kind of like blitz in that even if you done hosed up, your hook is still really good so you can be of some use.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I'm actually questioning the wisdom of giving a champ two forms of crowd control usable from camo.

People who have played against him, is there a sound when he activates his camo? I was using it and people were backing off a lot like it was a sion ult or something

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

el dingo posted:

Well he's also kind of like blitz in that even if you done hosed up, your hook is still really good so you can be of some use.
He's not half as good as Blitz. He's a gimmick champion like Kindred that relies completely on numbers. He's going to live or die on whether balance team will accept him being anywhere but support, I don't think he's got a high synergy with any ADC play-style at the moment so he'll be a niche support champion for people who want to play Yasuo in every lane.

If he somehow escapes support orbit, I think he could be balanced pretty well as a jungler

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
I am super low elo / new to the game / bad to the game, so take my experiences with a grain of salt. I was able to land my hooks, follow up with a stun, and then execute the poor schmuck who thought he could flash away and get a nice ult reset to land more damage on the other guy. Is this experience not normal for the rest game?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

el dingo posted:

I'm actually questioning the wisdom of giving a champ two forms of crowd control usable from camo.

People who have played against him, is there a sound when he activates his camo? I was using it and people were backing off a lot like it was a sion ult or something

It literally puts this giant ring of shark teeth around nearbye enemies.

Erdricks posted:

His ult means that if you are under 25% (or whatever the threshold %) health, you can't even show near him because he will W-R and get ult resets. ADCs can't get any relief this patch.

His ult is not percentage based, it's much stupider/worse. It's flat health scaling poorly off AD and less poorly off Pyke's level.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Erdricks posted:

I am super low elo / new to the game / bad to the game, so take my experiences with a grain of salt. I was able to land my hooks, follow up with a stun, and then execute the poor schmuck who thought he could flash away and get a nice ult reset to land more damage on the other guy. Is this experience not normal for the rest game?
saying that certain elos do not count or whatever is kind of silly, like on one hand i recognize that i can get away with a lot of the poo poo i do because i am no longer facing off against high diamond opponents in my games, but on the other hand over 99% of players are not facing off against high elo opponents in their games. if you can play at a low silver level you are playing the experience most of the other players have

DaStampede posted:

So, perma banned for the next few weeks is what you're saying

perma banned for the next forever :eng101:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

He's a support with a hook, which means he's going to have a high ban rate forever because no-one can dodge a heavily telegraphed skillshot.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

is lucian good again
he seems good, and i love lucian

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

So do people like how Riot is constantly making a lot of new changes each patch? As someone who only plays casually these days I don't really like it.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

el dingo posted:

I practiced against a friend and he said it makes a crazy loud sound that is super noticeable.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

CubeTheory posted:

I practiced against a friend and he said it makes a crazy loud sound that is super noticeable.

Kinda reminds me of that old THX sound.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Here are some hot Pyke hook tips:

Charging his hook doesn't seem to slow down his movement speed, or if it does it is not by much.

Flashing while charging the hook does not interrupt it's channel in any way, so flash hook everybody.

The hook pulls them a set distance towards you and not to you, so if you hook them point blank it flips them over your head a la Singed/Volibear. You give up a little damage by not just tap Qing, but the displacement is crazy for ganks.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

CODChimera posted:

So do people like how Riot is constantly making a lot of new changes each patch? As someone who only plays casually these days I don't really like it.

I feel like there have been a lot of big patches but they haven't really been game changing patches. The AP items update didn't really change how mages itemise beyond making archangel's better and deathcap more common and I can't see the marksman item changes doing anything majorly different.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
As someone new to the game, is the level of bitching about the death of ADCs from this patch consistent with typical reddit whine?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
well people with complain about everything but I don't really understand what the point of the changes were

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

henkman posted:

well people with complain about everything but I don't really understand what the point of the changes were

They wanted to delay crit ADCs power. As it used to be, a finished zeal item plus IE was good enough for them to start going off, and they got stronger from there.

Riot wanted them to be weaker later. They did this by increasing the price of zeal items and making IE give no crit chance by itself, so you can't rush it anymore. Now ADCs have to wait to third/fourth item before they start hypercarrying.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

they deigned to decrease the power of the 'adc' role as it was apparent that they were interfering in the fun of the many invincible ninjas and invincible other people instantly killing people

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Erdricks posted:

As someone new to the game, is the level of bitching about the death of ADCs from this patch consistent with typical reddit whine?

Every role main bitches like hell whenever they feel like that role is not the center of the loving universe (see: top laners).

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

is lucian good again
he seems good, and i love lucian

new Essence Reaver was quite good to him and gives him the ability to fire off his ult and then go extremeley ham like old No-Cooldown Dash Lucian, which makes me think yes. BoRK's cheaper pricepoint is also decent if you wanna go BoRK Lucian but ER/RFC/Iedge is the new hotness.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
SRO does top Pyke again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPUqvR6N8jE

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
i hate that guy

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Banner is 40% reduction now, not 70%

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

kingcobweb posted:

Banner is 40% reduction now, not 70%

They hotfixed it that fast? jesus christ

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The Shortest Path posted:

They hotfixed it that fast? jesus christ

One of the things the developers have said is that they've improved the technical side of implementing hotfixes dramatically over time, which means that they're far more willing to swing for the fences with new changes since fixing them is much less demanding than before.

CODChimera posted:

The AP item changes, ADC item changes, and jungle changes are what would normally constitute the big midseason update that Riot does every season, but it's being trickled out over multiple patches to reduce the balancing nightmare such things usually entail.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jun 3, 2018

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Being able to make big changes because you can hotfix quickly is Extremely Cool and I like that.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

They should have kept Banner at 70 and only prevented any Banner minion from being within 1,000 units of another Banner minion. The most recentbuff expires when they get too close or something

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Banner should just be removed because it's boring as poo poo and will always be either too good or completely useless.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

His hook game is hot garbage.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

AMAZING!!! CAN YOUTUBE TITLES GET ANY MORE CLICKBAITEY?! YOU WONT BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!
I got a Pyke shard in my first levelup capsule post-patch.

That poo poo is worth 1560 BE since he's 7800, that's 300 more BE than you're supposed to be abled to get in a normal levelup.
(So assuming I dont actually want him I should make sure to dust it before he drops in price.)

Also got -70% on Worldbreaker Nasus in my shop on my main so that's pretty great too.

code:
Total haul:
Ashe, Sherwood      -50 = 260
Cait, Headhunter    -40 = 585
Ez, SG              -20 = 1080
Sivir, Warden       -60 = 300
Varus, Dark Star    -30 = 945
Veigar, White Mage  -70 = 117

Ashe, Freljord      -20 = 416
Ez, Arcade          -60 = 540
MF, Arcade          -40 = 810
Nasus, Worldbreaker -30 = 525
Sivir, Snowstorm    -70 = 292
Varus, Heartseeker  -50 = 675

Ashe, Heartseeker   -70 = 292
Ez, SG              -20 = 1080
Lucian, Project     -50 = 675
MF, Arcade          -30 = 945
Nasus, Worldbreaker -60 = 300
Varus, Dark Star    -40 = 810

Ez, TPA             -30 = 525
Jinx, Firecracker   -60 = 540
Nasus, Worldbreaker -70 = 225
Trist, Buccaneer    -20 = 416
Varus, Swiftbolt    -40 = 450
Xayah, Sweetheart   -50 = 675
Didnt notice until now it's one each of 20,30,40,50,60,70 on each account.

iSurrender fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Jun 3, 2018

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Being able to make big changes because you can hotfix quickly is Extremely Cool and I like that.

agreed

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.
I've been trying to learn jungle on Xin Zhao and one thing I've been struggling with a lot is dealing with counterjunglers. I've played a couple games now where the enemy jungler really super aggressively came for me in the jungle and I had no idea how to handle that situation. In one of those games it was Lee Sin so I really should have expected him to barge in and hand me my rear end, but the other game it was Trundle and I didn't expect him to go in on me that early. What's the best way to deal with a super aggro counterjungler?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Honestly as Xin, you should absolutely be the aggressor. As an example, my clear is almost always first buff > wait for the crab, gank mid and make way to crab #2, second buff and start looking from there. If you're bot side, take red, and walk up towards their wolves, see if you can use the blast plant to maybe show up, or snipe them as they're clearing potentially, or if top side look to see if they might be clearing raptors or something. Maybe you're taking the wrong skills too? Start E, Q @ 2 and then start working on W. You want the knockup and dash because they're so core for early fighting.

I'd give some consideration to being a little less aggressive if it's something like Graves, Udyr or Trundle because they're pretty drat strong at 2-4 and it could be really dicey. Biggest thing is having a clear route you want to take so you don't get caught with your pants down.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I'm taking a break from League as of right now to focus on school as finals are coming up, but I've done basically nothing but play Pyke for the last three days, so here are my impressions (also, if you find yourself doing nothing but playing League for three days, consider taking a break!!)

I think the "assassin" description/playstyle/build path is a trap. You certainly can go hunting assassin-style if people are low enough and/or you're far enough ahead, but really, he's a roaming, playmaking support a la Alistar, Rakan, Thresh, Leona, etc etc.

In laning, you need to land a hook. Sometimes you can E or E-flash in the right situation (like you're receiving a gank), but in 2v2 lanes, yep, gotta hit the skillshot. Going in with E and whiffing basically kills you on the spot.

I think everyone is building him wrong. Instead of Mobis -> Duskblade, I've been going Swiftness -> Iceborn Gauntlet. Mobis certainly help out your roaming/ganking playstyle, but with Swiftness, Relentless Hunter, Celerity, and your W, you go pretty drat fast out of combat. Then, when you're in combat, Swiftness lets you dash around and peace out with W when you need to regen with passive and wait for your cooldowns to come back.

Duskblade's passive is amazing for clearing vision, I can't deny that. But I don't think it's the best first item for him, because it doesn't really allow you to make plays you otherwise wouldn't. Your damage scaling is pretty terrible, and burst damage isn't really something you need to do; if you can hook someone, then stun with E, hopefully your team can deal enough damage to put them in your R execute threshold. Your E is an absolutely phenomenal teamfighting skill, and with a quick 40% CDR, you can get in a couple of them in an extended skirmish. Once you've completed IBG, you can W in, auto them for slow, land a guaranteed hook, auto for more slow, then E for a big stun or just leave. You can put yourself in harms way and just shrug off an insane amount of damage. The build path is pretty good for him early too, since extra mana + CDR really matters in those early-mid jungle skirmishes.

I think the champ is pretty good. I haven't taken him out of norms yet, but in my last 18 games, I'm averaging 7/4.3/10.9. A lot of people are playing him thinking they'll be one-shotting carries out of the support role, which isn't really what he does. (I have legit 1v1'd some people and it rules when that happens.)

Edit: oh forgot to talk about runes. It would seem like Aftershock is the obvious choice, especially for tank Pyke, but the issue is that a lot of the time you just hit a Q from distance and completely waste the trigger. The most important thing for Pyke is starting a snowball, and the best thing for doing that is Electrocute.

Domination/Sorcery

Electrocute
Sudden Impact
Eyeball Collection
Relentless Hunter

Nullifying Orb (maybe this should be Scorch, idk)
Celerity

kingcobweb fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jun 4, 2018

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Down With People posted:

I've been trying to learn jungle on Xin Zhao and one thing I've been struggling with a lot is dealing with counterjunglers. I've played a couple games now where the enemy jungler really super aggressively came for me in the jungle and I had no idea how to handle that situation. In one of those games it was Lee Sin so I really should have expected him to barge in and hand me my rear end, but the other game it was Trundle and I didn't expect him to go in on me that early. What's the best way to deal with a super aggro counterjungler?

Do jungle paths that involve you taking enemy camps. I usually take enemy krugs against aggro junglers every time since they will always be in my jungle or at scut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

kingcobweb posted:

I'm taking a break from League as of right now to focus on school as finals are coming up

Finals this late? I figured most places are already done them. Heck, I'm balls deep into summer courses already.

At any rate, what are you in for?