Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Nwabudike Morgan posted:

Anyone got a suggestion for a good Silent Hill 4 LP?
Niggurath's is pretty solid: https://lparchive.org/Silent-Hill-4-(Video)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

I would also like more fun video LP's of the Persona games, if anyone has links tia.

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

Are they a more serious type or a more funny type? I searched the forums and all I could find were these 2 dudes who LPed it back in like 2014 or somethin' but they were kinda more the jokey couch co-op approach

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Nwabudike Morgan posted:

Are they a more serious type or a more funny type? I searched the forums and all I could find were these 2 dudes who LPed it back in like 2014 or somethin' but they were kinda more the jokey couch co-op approach
Niggurath's commentary is mostly informative and has a really chill vibe to it, and he knows what he's doing gameplay-wise unlike those two guys you mention.

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

Doc Morbid posted:

Niggurath's commentary is mostly informative and has a really chill vibe to it, and he knows what he's doing gameplay-wise unlike those two guys you mention.

Thanks bud, gonna give this one a go then. Was watching a no-commentary LP of it and it was OK but not my bag, so this is good for sure.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Any interesting CK2 vlp's around? I find that style of game real good for putting on my second screen while working. I'll also be up for other games in that style.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Nalesh posted:

Any interesting CK2 vlp's around? I find that style of game real good for putting on my second screen while working. I'll also be up for other games in that style.

Arumba's done a number of good CK2 LPs, and mostly goes highly in-depth. Does a lot with EU4 as well - Check out his Schizophrenic Sovereignty series, where he's jumping between nations every decade.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
What would people recommend as far as completed, informative LPs of Bloodborne and Dark Souls III? (with DLC, ideally). I watched Slowbeef's blind run of Bloodborne and Dazzling Addar's blind run of DSIII, so I've seen the games, but I'd like to see all the little tricks and secrets and stuff and maybe have a better idea of what's going on from a lore perspective. (Also, Addar didn't do the DLC for DSIII, it having not come out at the time, so that'll be new.)

SA LPs preferred, of course, but offsite is fine as long as they don't do poo poo like facecams or leaving the Twitch chat on-camera, etc.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

malkav11 posted:

What would people recommend as far as completed, informative LPs of Bloodborne and Dark Souls III? (with DLC, ideally). I watched Slowbeef's blind run of Bloodborne and Dazzling Addar's blind run of DSIII, so I've seen the games, but I'd like to see all the little tricks and secrets and stuff and maybe have a better idea of what's going on from a lore perspective. (Also, Addar didn't do the DLC for DSIII, it having not come out at the time, so that'll be new.)

SA LPs preferred, of course, but offsite is fine as long as they don't do poo poo like facecams or leaving the Twitch chat on-camera, etc.

Here's Lotus Gramarye's LP of Bloodborne. She does a great job showing off the game thoroughly (+DLC) and highlighting various playstyles and weapons. It's the best informative solo commentary Bloodborne LP I've seen. And a partial reason for why I don't feel the need to make one myself just yet.

It's not on SA, but here is Wottermelon's Dark Souls III LP that I can wholeheartedly recommend. The fact that I'm in a few DLC episodes of it has nothing to do with it. This is a Co-commentated LP with rotating guests. Going through the entire game and the DLCs

Then there's my own LP of Dark Souls III. Now, to praise this would be unfair because I made it myself. But it too is informative and thorough and opposed to the other Dark Souls III LP I linked, features solo commentary. And of course it includes the DLCs.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
You were my guide to Dark Souls II, so I'd be happy to elect the same for III. Thanks for the recommendations.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

malkav11 posted:

CJacobs doing Bloodborne is pretty good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4Pzx_ihARU

He is good at playing the game and really digs into the background within the game itself and other games in the series.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

malkav11 posted:

ChaosArgate did a "blind" LP of Bloodborne last year. Blind in that he himself was playing the game blind, but his co-commentator stable, namely liquidypoo, Artix, and CJacobs, would explain various things to him as he bumbled his way through them, so it was actually quite informative in the end. And funny as poo poo too.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Nalesh posted:

Out of SA, but Many a True Nerds Stellaris LP's are always fun. He edits out boring parts and he's enthusiastic without being annoying. He's got a couple Total War ones, too.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
jon is great in general and basically who i want to be when i grow up, from a speaking perspective. the stellaris and other management games are especially good because his natural strengths lie in memorization and management, as well. it's funny watching him completely disassemble games with twitch elements in them, like when he did Fallout New Vegas, plus all DLCs, on a single life bar, because he frequently accomplishes these herculean tasks in spite of himself.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Jun 4, 2018

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
I'm curious about the Yakuza series, but every time I've tried to take a look at it I've bounced off. What's a good introduction to the series in LP form, on or off site?

e: Pluses - Two or more commentators who get emotionally invested in the story, one commentator who knows the series backwards and forwards and gives interesting info about the game while playing. I like SBFP but I heard Matt got really bored with it in the back half and sort of tuned out.

Quinn2win fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jun 4, 2018

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

ChaosArgate did a "blind" LP of Bloodborne last year. Blind in that he himself was playing the game blind, but his co-commentator stable, namely liquidypoo, Artix, and CJacobs, would explain various things to him as he bumbled his way through them, so it was actually quite informative in the end. And funny as poo poo too.
Do they actually ever start talking about the game? Those fast food stories are grating as gently caress.

Rapid 99
Jan 30, 2015

Hero will never give up,
never hide,
never be defeated,
never accept evil.

ProfessorProf posted:

I'm curious about the Yakuza series, but every time I've tried to take a look at it I've bounced off. What's a good introduction to the series in LP form, on or off site?

e: Pluses - Two or more commentators who get emotionally invested in the story, one commentator who knows the series backwards and forwards and gives interesting info about the game while playing. I like SBFP but I heard Matt got really bored with it in the back half and sort of tuned out.

That was their Yakuza 0 LP. The previous one they did was Yakuza 4 and it's great all the way through. They even go through the previous game recaps in the first episode.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

ProfessorProf posted:

I'm enjoying ChaosArgate's ongoing LP of Yakuza Kiwami, which is a PS4 remake of the first Yakuza and thus seems like a decent jumping on point to me. He is knowledgeable but has a novice co-commentator. I believe someone else is doing the original PS2 version, which might also be worth a look - I opted for the infinitely better graphics of Kiwami but it's been very clear that in addition to those graphics Kiwami adds a whole bunch of stuff that wasn't in the original, for better or worse.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

malkav11 posted:

I'm enjoying ChaosArgate's ongoing LP of Yakuza Kiwami, which is a PS4 remake of the first Yakuza and thus seems like a decent jumping on point to me. He is knowledgeable but has a novice co-commentator. I believe someone else is doing the original PS2 version, which might also be worth a look - I opted for the infinitely better graphics of Kiwami but it's been very clear that in addition to those graphics Kiwami adds a whole bunch of stuff that wasn't in the original, for better or worse.

Other Yakuza playthrough being done by Doc Morbid -> https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3857636

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

ProfessorProf posted:

I second the recommendation for ChaosArgate's ongoing Yakuza Kiwami LP, and if you want to see the original version done by two commentators there's this LP of the original game by mikeycp and Another Person from a few years back: https://lparchive.org/Yakuza-(by-mikeycp-and-Another-Person)

Then there's the old Jamesman LP which is mostly solo (and blind) commentary but is great nonetheless (although the video quality is showing its age and the aspect ratio is slightly too fat): https://lparchive.org/Yakuza

And yeah, you can also watch my ongoing Yakuza 1 LP if you feel like it. Most people seem to be opting for Kiwami, and I can't really blame them since that game obviously looks a hell of a lot better than the original and has actually entertaining guys doing the commentary. :v:

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jun 5, 2018

Werner-Boogle
Jan 23, 2009
Any good LPs of Prey (2017)? Preferably video.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Werner-Boogle posted:

Any good LPs of Prey (2017)? Preferably video.

Roboky and I finished one up recently. It starts here.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Coolguye posted:

Your continual delight at Arkane's craft is a huge part of what made that one fun to watch.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Coolguye posted:

I've seen this LP by the way and it's a good one. Recommended.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

What's the best LP you've seen recently? Not looking for anything specific, just a general crop of what people are enjoying.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

The Pope Paradox LP updated recently. It's just gotten into EUIV, and is fram good.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I really enjoyed FrankZP's take on Dragon Warrior. He's doing the sequel right now as well.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
The Dragon Age: Origins that recently ended is not just epic, but it is hillarious through-out.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
The Dragon Age: Origins that recently ended is not just epic, but it is hillarious through-out.

e: here's the thread btw.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Arumba's done a number of good CK2 LPs, and mostly goes highly in-depth. Does a lot with EU4 as well - Check out his Schizophrenic Sovereignty series, where he's jumping between nations every decade.

The one I mention here, Schizophrenic Sovereignty in EU4, is top notch. Guy went from a couple of native peoples in the Americas, then into the political quagmire that is the HRE, then struggled as a dying muslim nation under massive debt.

And now he's the Ming dynasty.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

You guys are good, thanks! Lots to read now!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

StrixNebulosa posted:

What's the best LP you've seen recently? Not looking for anything specific, just a general crop of what people are enjoying.

Mega64's Chrono Trigger LP is in its early stages, but really does a good job showing why it's so iconic.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Are there any good LPs for Final Fantasy XV out there? I fell off the FF wagon a decade ago and I'm curious what the hell became of my childhood franchise.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

YggiDee posted:

Are there any good LPs for Final Fantasy XV out there? I fell off the FF wagon a decade ago and I'm curious what the hell became of my childhood franchise.
I'm partial to what Koobes and Zarin have done for a blind LP. Currently they're up to the latest DLC, because of course there's DLC for a FF game in this day and age.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm a crazy person looking for an extremely long LP to watch while playing games or in my spare time so go for it, recommend me an LP of The Witcher 3! Bonus points if it's actually finished.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

CJacobs posted:

I'm a crazy person looking for an extremely long LP to watch while playing games or in my spare time so go for it, recommend me an LP of The Witcher 3! Bonus points if it's actually finished.

Well, ChristopherOdd played the game and all its DLCs to completion. Keep in mind he doesn't use pro strats or anything like that, but he's very laid-back and likeable.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Haha nice, that's exactly what I was looking for. I was starting to question if it even existed!

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Slowbeef has also been doing a walkthrough of Witcher 3 which is really chill but I don't think it is finished yet and his update schedule is kind of erratic. Also it's completely blind so bumbling aplenty.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

2 things.

1. Is the Archive okay? I see plenty of finished LPs not on it. Figured this is the best place to ask.

2. Any good RPG/Story-focused SSLPs in the past year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancer
May 23, 2011

MythosDragon posted:

2 things.

1. Is the Archive okay? I see plenty of finished LPs not on it. Figured this is the best place to ask.

2. Any good RPG/Story-focused SSLPs in the past year?

The archive is probably ok. A lot of people just don't go through the archiving process, and even when they do, it takes a while for new LPs to get up there.

For 2, look up the page to where I linked the Dragon Age Origins LP, if you missed it.