Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

monkeu posted:

yeah but Drake’s up 1-0 in this he’s probably waiting for Gossip T to release something worth responding to yuuuuuugghk

is someone else president in your timeline, i'd take a drake W for that

also lol at already replacing your good avatar with that poo poo one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/SFTYMag/status/1003049905869541376

Lmao pusha's out here getting Drake's core constituencies screaming "gently caress DRAKE"

rip that dude.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
thats really going too far i'm i can't defend myself wooooow

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

RIP my beautiful baby boy. You’re with Drake now.

whodatwhere
Aug 24, 2013

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

niggas talking poo poo Drake, how do you respond?

"The audacity!"

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/chuckcreekmur/status/1003135162664869893

lol if Drake decides to continue this beef and drag Wayne into it after Kanye gave him an easy out by calling a ceasefire. the Surgical Summer continues...

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
bidmanhandrub

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

if drake drags birdman and zombie wayne into this it's just going to end with a song about birdman loving hot boys in the rear end

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
imagine you fetish being young gangsters that happen to also be talented rappers who are emphatically not gay and you look like and are birdman.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

stop leading monkeu on

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

Marching Powder posted:

imagine you fetish being young gangsters that happen to also be talented rappers who are emphatically not gay and you look like and are birdman.

They’re always twinks too he’s got a type

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Jonathan Fisk posted:

if drake drags birdman and zombie wayne into this it's just going to end with a song about birdman loving hot boys in the rear end

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Idk what's going on in rap right that everyone is so aggy. 69 is courting death for some reason and Lil Uzi actually tried to fight and scared away someone.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

RBX posted:

Lil Uzi actually tried to fight and scared away someone.

ok i need to know this story. isn't uzi like 5ft tall?

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Marching Powder posted:

ok i need to know this story. isn't uzi like 5ft tall?

https://www.reddit.com/r/hiphopheads/comments/8o44sq/lil_uzi_vert_pulled_up_on_rich_the_kid_in/

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

well that is absolutely humiliating for whoever rich the kid is. i hope he doesn't rap about being hard or basically having any self respect at all.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Kanye did this 10 minute long interview the night of the listening party:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPpUaeChvuY

I haven't watched it yet but apparently he talks about mental health and reveals that he scrapped the entire album after the TMZ thing and completely remade the thing :staredog:

That means he made Ye from scratch in, what, a month? Christ, no wonder it feels unfinished.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i mean, it's kanye, but i absolutely believe that

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Someone posted this a few pages back but I fear that it got lost:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k--a3RwC6ik

As someone who hasn’t given a poo poo about either of the Cool Kids since The Bake Sale, this is a boppin rear end song

Shovelbearer
Oct 11, 2003
Paragon of Lexicon

And swung on him in a Starbucks, too.

Employees: "That's fine, good sirs! Haha! Lattes on us, terrific stuff! Nobody call the cops!"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Shovelbearer posted:

Employees: "That's fine, good sirs! Haha! Lattes on us, terrific stuff! Nobody call the cops!"

lol

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

monkeu posted:

yeah but Drake’s up 1-0 in this he’s probably waiting for Gossip T to release something worth responding to yuuuuuugghk

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Holy poo poo lmao

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Facts are Useless posted:

Your history in this thread is one of the worst collections of posts I've ever seen.

:drat:

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

monkeu posted:

I explained this to my wife because it’s hilarious and she is convinced that monkeu is actually Drake and it all kinda makes sense.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

monkeu posted:

He died for the rap threads sins, RIP

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMYAEHE2GrM&t=54s

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

lol

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML6tUJwIaW8

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

in the spirit of pouring one out for the fallen, i went back to check out his australian rap classic meltdown and the catalyst for it was.... drake drama he found uninteresting.

monkeu posted:

Well nobody has responded to my question about Aussie hip hop getting any play in here, but the posting about the ridiculous Drake drama has gone off the charts. What if I told you all that one of the Hilltop Hoods knew the guy who could have given the order to kill skippy the bush kangaroo (who could both sing and rap but he also knew a crocodile who wrote a few verses for him)?

and the world turns lol. he was a terrible poster.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
king pushed out of the thread

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Monkeu better be the first one to post drakes response

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Kanye did this 10 minute long interview the night of the listening party:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPpUaeChvuY

I haven't watched it yet but apparently he talks about mental health and reveals that he scrapped the entire album after the TMZ thing and completely remade the thing :staredog:

That means he made Ye from scratch in, what, a month? Christ, no wonder it feels unfinished.

Man I really hope Kanye returns to this one after June is over with, to me it's clear that if he had given himself just a few more weeks to work out the kinks it could have been great. The most glaring thing about it to me are the vocal takes, almost all the vocals sound like he had 24 hours to finish the album so he had to record all the vocals in one go with no time to do retakes or fine-tune vocal effects

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

monkeu posted:

Well, it was nice of him to donate to the forums before he got banned, I think he paid for an avatar change. I guess trolling a few people was worth the $10? Couldn't he just buy another account?

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

monkeu posted:

the Surgical Summer claims another victim, yuuuuughhhhk

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

obi_ant posted:

Well, it was nice of him to donate to the forums before he got banned, I think he paid for an avatar change. I guess trolling a few people was worth the $10? Couldn't he just buy another account?

he bought his account back couldn't lose that one jeez

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

conventionalcat
Dec 17, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

HorseRenoir posted:

Man I really hope Kanye returns to this one after June is over with, to me it's clear that if he had given himself just a few more weeks to work out the kinks it could have been great. The most glaring thing about it to me are the vocal takes, almost all the vocals sound like he had 24 hours to finish the album so he had to record all the vocals in one go with no time to do retakes or fine-tune vocal effects

There's also a few lines he repeats the way people do when they're freestyling looking for the next thing to say. Reference track type beats

also i thought that final monkeu post was someone doing a spot on but kinda ott impression of him at first lmao/ Biebervelli should seriously remake IYRTITL to help canada recover from these tragic times

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

i guess it's true that the black canadian jews control the media