Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
also the most oppressed minority, the junkrat main, is finally receiving representation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I wonder what Shirley's deal is

A name and unique hair color amidst a seas of never-ending faceless nameless mooks stands out quite a bit

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

I wonder what Shirley's deal is

A name and unique hair color amidst a seas of never-ending faceless nameless mooks stands out quite a bit

I’m guessing that while M pretends to be a real-world genius sniper with his invisible bullet-line skill, she’s the real deal. The real question is what’s up with Pitohui and M’s faceless posse.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Darth Walrus posted:

I’m guessing that while M pretends to be a real-world genius sniper with his invisible bullet-line skill, she’s the real deal. The real question is what’s up with Pitohui and M’s faceless posse.

Meat shields and providers of weapons for Pito to use, most likely

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
They're dressed up all tacticool like the pros from episode 1 and directly mention that they're being paid, so they're probably a bunch of pro ringers hired by M to make his hosed up idea of Pito's final battle more "epic".

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Imagine waiting two minutes for your dick to regrow.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

Imagine waiting two minutes for your dick to regrow.

LLENN is a kind girl who made sure nobody had to deal with that

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

Spiritus Nox posted:

LLENN is a mohel

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Boy they sure aren't holding back this week.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

so you're saying i can look forward to TWO mangled dicks? hell yes.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

That was a lot of fun. Really enjoyed Pito going all John Wick on the alliance. Here's hoping that Clarence gets her wish and they do the All Girl League along with Pito and the gymnastics girls by the end of the season or (fingers crossed) in a future season!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

This is entirely justified.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jun 9, 2018

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Very strong faces this week.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm so glad SJ2 has really brought thus show back to its earlier heights

Clarence is amazing

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Oh man, this is a great ep, it's nice to see the anime still knowing how to have a ton of fun with itself.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

What gun is Clarence talking about that she uses? I really need to see it to figure out what she’s talking about.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

FAT BATMAN posted:

What gun is Clarence talking about that she uses? I really need to see it to figure out what she’s talking about.

AR-15 receiver designed for top loading magazines

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AR-57

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

El Burbo posted:

It's so...wrong.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

El Burbo posted:

So the original magwell just... sits there? Gaping? :gonk:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Reddit comments say it becomes the ejection port so yeah.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i'm not gonna lie that is one of the sickest loving insane frankenguns i have ever seen

it's like a P90 hosed a M4 and had a baby

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

i'm not gonna lie that is one of the sickest loving insane frankenguns i have ever seen

it's like a P90 hosed a M4 and had a baby

C’mon now, don’t post novel spoilers.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
drat, i was shipping p-chan and miyu's hair knife

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I told you Fuka is a junkrat main.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Oh of course pito has a red photon sword

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

kirtar posted:

Oh of course pito has a red photon sword

She has every weapon because she pays to win, and is also a crazy person. This was a fun enough episode and I'm glad the other teams got to show off a bit and get owned in the case of MMTM, but it also kind of highlights a persistent issue the show has of overexplaining things. It's "show, don't tell" not "show and then tell" guys. The only thing we really got from the scene of real world SHINC explaining their tactic is just more driving home the contrast between how almost everyone except Pito sees death in GGO vs how she and a few others do.

Also big RIP to the machine gun lovers.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

chumbler posted:

She has every weapon because she pays to win, and is also a crazy person. This was a fun enough episode and I'm glad the other teams got to show off a bit and get owned in the case of MMTM, but it also kind of highlights a persistent issue the show has of overexplaining things. It's "show, don't tell" not "show and then tell" guys. The only thing we really got from the scene of real world SHINC explaining their tactic is just more driving home the contrast between how almost everyone except Pito sees death in GGO vs how she and a few others do.

The issue with "show and then tell" comes from adapting from an LN, I think. Also as a way to pad out an episode.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Not having read them it seems like they actually had to stretch the story a bit to fill a single cour.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I haven't read the LNs but I gotta say I'm a big fan of how the illustrator does Pitou

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

chumbler posted:

The one thing stronger than their passion for machine guns: Bicyclists cosplaying as robots.

Also I don't think the exposition is that bad when interspersed between the action like this episode. It explained where SHINC got the anti-tank rifle and that they got a tip from Sinon, connecting it to the main series for people who have seen it without being obnoxious about it.

It still fits as a 'here's information on this thing for people who haven't watched the first half of SAO season 2' which is probably part of their target audience.

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jun 17, 2018

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
No matter how many episodes I've watched, I still get baffled by LLENN's language and personality when she's in-game.

I can't get enough of it and I love it. :allears:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

EponymousMrYar posted:

The one thing stronger than their passion for machine guns: Bicyclists cosplaying as robots.
I hope we see more of those guys. I need to know.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The crappy-looking fake gore in GGO is amazing and hilarious. That bit where someone disintegrated into a pile of limbs and red pixels after getting hit by an anti-material rifle was great.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I genuinely loved LLENN's bit of "should I really attack Pito after she was wounded?...Yeah, her loving fault". I was really worried we'd get an honour before reason bullshit moment (in a videogame of all things) but I forgot our protagonist's usual bloodthirsty attitude, I guess.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

This scene was really good. :3:

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

Little bunny pew pew

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

El Burbo posted:

I haven't read the LNs but I gotta say I'm a big fan of how the illustrator does Pitou

Yo this is dope.

Blaze Dragon posted:

I genuinely loved LLENN's bit of "should I really attack Pito after she was wounded?...Yeah, her loving fault". I was really worried we'd get an honour before reason bullshit moment (in a videogame of all things) but I forgot our protagonist's usual bloodthirsty attitude, I guess.
I had the exact same reaction. LLENN is just savage.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Daedalus1134 posted:

Little bunny pew pew

Little Bunny and P-chan runnin' through the grass
Duckin' lef' an right an savin' ammo for the one they've gotta slay
Gonna go kill a friend so she doesn' die in real life
Oo-de-lally, oo-de-lally, golly, what a day

Never considerin' there were others with a vendetta
They were just rushin' forward fast as they could run
Never seein' that a Psycho Pitou and her posse
Were causin' drama by shootin' players just to have some fun

Little Bunny and P-chan runnin' through the forest
Spottin' a sniper an' takin' her out 'cause she got in the way
Contemplatin' nothin' but honor and sayin' 'screw it!'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

It amuses me that, presumably for brevity, the 3 remaining mask mooks who they were trying to build up as being good if not excellent players managed to defend a stairwell by:

a) Suicide bombing and not killing anyone

b) Rushing down the stairs and standing in the open (and not killing anyone)

c) using a handgun defending the stairwell and somehow not killing anyone.

M should get his money back.

Also, geez, shot-in-the-eye Pitohui was a little freaky, I'm leaning towards M perhaps not uh, exaggerating as much as we thought about her mental state.

• Locked thread