Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

doverhog posted:

I played some wow back in the day and know what Ashbringer looks like but why is it such a big deal?

there is no actual reason for it beign super important but nerds saying "it's super important"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Finally bought the shark, played a game with fancy skin Murky riding around on a shark.

Perfect background music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fztkUuunI7g

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

lucifirius posted:

Would've been hilarious to have those come in BC instead of what did.

You mean awesome. Akama is rad, when's he going to be playable instead of this dumb paladin nerd.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

doverhog posted:

I played some wow back in the day and know what Ashbringer looks like but why is it such a big deal?

Really powerful holy weapon, has some neat story around it.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I saw some Brightwing cosplay on the official HotS Twitter account, and it actually looks like it'd be a dope skin for Alexstraza.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
I would love to hear people explain what they like about TIrion Fordring because he is like the most boring character in the history of fiction.

It's never a good sign when a dude's sword is more interesting than he is.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Semper Fudge posted:

I would love to hear people explain what they like about TIrion Fordring because he is like the most boring character in the history of fiction.

Tirion Fordring has absolutely no distinguishing characteristics whatsoever. He does not share a single feature or personality trait that Every Single Paladin Ever doesn't have. Including Ashbringer, since Every Single Paladin Ever now own one!

He is like Hal Jordan. Bland as plain oatmeal.

At least Uther has the whole "Failed Mentor" shtick for some pathos. What the gently caress does Tirion have?

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
Tirion had a neat quest chain in vanilla. Also he was in some book or another where he was buddies with Eitrigg.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Just give me a peasant hero so I can tower rush nerds with my friends Gazlowe and Probius.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
My guild mostly liked him because his opening spiel at the start of Icecrown Citadel reminded us of the narrator from the Bud Light "Real Men of Genius" commercials.

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Shibawanko posted:

Finally bought the shark, played a game with fancy skin Murky riding around on a shark.

I regret to inform you Murky already has theme music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy1B3agGNxw&t=41s

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Tirion is 6/6 of stats, a taunt, a shield to absorb even more damage, and a 5/3 sword when he dies. He's vulnerable to silences though.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
I always thought of murky along the lines of a three stooges film or that standard scene in scooby doo where the gang is being chased by a monster through all the doors, except murky is the scooby gang and the monster is the enemy team.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Erdricks posted:

I always thought of murky along the lines of a three stooges film or that standard scene in scooby doo where the gang is being chased by a monster through all the doors, except murky is the scooby gang and the monster is the enemy team.

This happened recently when me and four of my friends were playing and I was Murky as usual:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYSsrS33M70

I laughed so hard at my friend's reaction there

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Murky games are extremely relaxing because it's hard to do it wrong once you know how to play him and you're just cruising to a deserved victory because you're a cool fish guy.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Macaluso posted:

This happened recently when me and four of my friends were playing and I was Murky as usual:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYSsrS33M70

I laughed so hard at my friend's reaction there

"Nope. Nope nope nope."

NameHurtBrain
Jan 17, 2015
I didn't know there was that much opposition to Tirion, Most of the fondness is the quest chain, backstory of actually being practical instead of lawful stupid(he happily works with the Horde/Death Knights/whatever for the greater good), and a good ol' drop of Wrath nostalgia. He also didn't overstay his welcome like other expansion head NPCs. See; Thrall.

Turalyon is the closest comparison, he spends most of his screen time obedient to his windchime waifu, then when that's done snaps right back to being a racist against orcs after orcs helped him seal away space satan.

That said I totally see the push for more diversity in warcraft characters as the game is human heavy as is(ignoring Diablo/Starcraft/Overwatch being dominantly human - I guess the Vikings are technically human too? They're dwarf like but never actually called dwarves?). We could use more characters who aren't Humans, Orcs, or any type of Elf,(barring Trolls, those are a good type of Elf.)

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

NameHurtBrain posted:

(barring Trolls, those are a good type of Elf.)
Other way around. Elves are a type of troll.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Managed to pick up El Jefe Garrosh skin and dark nexus Alarak in chests. Pretty productive event for me. I've also gotten a couple of mounts and a hero so far. Can't complain. Granted i've probably spent nearly 3k on rerolls, but still.

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax
Orcs are in a good spot right now. Sometimes my friends and I will do a 5stack all orc gimmick comp and it's the most fun I have in this game outside of playing Hammer.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
For sure, it has three of the game's best characters in it. Pretty wild that rehgar is one of the weaker parts of that comp now.

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax
Yeah, I'm usually playing Rehgar and it's a bit of a let down how flaccid he feels compared to other healers.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

Shibawanko posted:

Alternatively, this works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTeXBTStek0

NameHurtBrain posted:

I guess the Vikings are technically human too? They're dwarf like but never actually called dwarves?

Lost Vikings' HotS banter posted:

"Hey, you guys remember when we were in World of Warcraft?"
"Ah, that was just a reference."
"Yes, Olaf - we're not dwarves, we're Vikings. (giggles) Except for Erik - he's a dwarf!"
"You take it back!"

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!

Semper Fudge posted:

He had a quest line in vanilla World of Warcraft that made him go and do a scripted event thing in which he moves a bit and says a few words, which elevates him above 99% of quest givers and then Blizzard decided he's the super important champion of all goodness two expansions later.
That's it.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
Glogan has a playlist that he puts on loop whenever he plays Murky.

https://youtu.be/6E5m_XtCX3c?list=PLz4dA4VMTip0XE2_IxHWXp9oyKnlLnawO

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Speaking of Glogan (skip to 4:29 if you want to see it in action).

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/268629088?t=04h21m47s

moush fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Jun 4, 2018

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
https://youtu.be/EZYyT-iDr2k

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
More Yrel leaks: https://imgur.com/a/wpYUu7w

Giant 2H hammer says ret and she seems to have a lot of abilities that affect allies.

Also probably a shot of Alterac in that second to last one.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

One of her ults will absolutely be wings and the other will be, uh, Execution Sentence?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Any idea if it's going to be the "good" Yrel, or the Light Hitler Yrel?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Which WoW character hasn't been some form of fascist at this point?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Kurieg posted:

Any idea if it's going to be the "good" Yrel, or the Light Hitler Yrel?

Warlords of Draenor Yrel with poke dialogue that humorously foreshadows her impending heel turn in Battle for Azeroth would be my guess.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

Radish posted:

Which WoW character hasn't been some form of fascist at this point?

The ones who were inclusive cult leaders, like cool dudes Cho & Gall, as well as Kel'Thuzad

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
i always thought making kelThuzad a cheerful pseudo-comedy character from hs onwards was brilliant.

Here's a guy who spent his life as an (i assume) unappreciated mage who fucks up, starts playing with dead bodies, and dies pointlessly as a loner weirdo at the beginning of wc3. He's basically a big failure. Then Arthas brings him back as a god, vindicating his entire dumb life. Has to be the happiest undead guy on the planet.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.

No Wave posted:

i always thought making kelThuzad a cheerful pseudo-comedy character from hs onwards was brilliant.

Here's a guy who spent his life as an (i assume) unappreciated mage who fucks up, starts playing with dead bodies, and dies pointlessly as a loner weirdo at the beginning of wc3. He's basically a big failure. Then Arthas brings him back as a god, vindicating his entire dumb life. Has to be the happiest undead guy on the planet.

I love playing him because of this. His lines and voice are great, love his playstyle too. He's quickly becoming my favorite character in hots.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

No Wave posted:

Well, per the massive lore bibles they've been shipping out. K'T went into his death knowing the lich king would eventually have Arthas ressurect him. The entire point of his death was that Arthas needed a believable source giving him information on Stratholme.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

The scourge are the good guys in wow. Like most zombies and abominations are shown to be just chill dudes who want to have a good time and who apparently get to live forever. The alliance is an arrogant, supremacist organization and the Horde is a primitive back-to-nature petit-fascist group, both of them engage in genocide while the scourge just wants people to join it.

Remember that skeleton party in razorfen downs? The scourge is basically Peaceful Skeleton Realm and you're a helicopter.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Sindai posted:

More Yrel leaks: https://imgur.com/a/wpYUu7w

Giant 2H hammer says ret and she seems to have a lot of abilities that affect allies.

Also probably a shot of Alterac in that second to last one.

The initial leak about her mentioned that she was ret and her gimmick is that all her abilities were charge up mechanics ala Hanzo's arrow or Gazlowe's laser beam for bonus effects/range

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Ort posted:

I love playing him because of this. His lines and voice are great, love his playstyle too. He's quickly becoming my favorite character in hots.

'That hero was on a killing spree. Was.' :smug: