Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarkozymandias
May 25, 2010

THAT'S SYOUS D'RAVEN

It's kinda nuts how different the pace and scale are from Diablo 1 to 2 to 3. The difference is whatever word means more than "exponential"

D1 is practically a survival horror game by comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

FFT posted:

come to think of it i should move the consume corpse power to left click and never have to worry about stalling due to accidentally clicking on a monster again for, what, a little over a week?

LMB - Frailty Aura
RMB - Bone Armor
1 - Teleport
2 - Boss CD that I never touch
3 and 4 - the other passives I never think about

Kevin Palpatine
Dec 20, 2017
I want to get back into D3 but only after I hear some opinions on the following Very Important Question: which class has the prettiest, flashiest AOE's?

Not the most damaging, or the most useful, but the one that will fill the screen with the most ooh and aah

you are welcome to get into a huge multi-page slapfight over this Very Important Question

(I don't have the Necromancer expansion but I will get it if it means pretty AOE's...but based on D2's necro I kind of doubt it)

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Is there ever a reason for a necro buuld to not have consume corpse on autocast? I've already forgotten most of their builds.

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

Kevin Palpatine posted:

I want to get back into D3 but only after I hear some opinions on the following Very Important Question: which class has the prettiest, flashiest AOE's?

Not the most damaging, or the most useful, but the one that will fill the screen with the most ooh and aah

you are welcome to get into a huge multi-page slapfight over this Very Important Question

(I don't have the Necromancer expansion but I will get it if it means pretty AOE's...but based on D2's necro I kind of doubt it)

It's probably a Wizard with the Tal Rasha set. Drop the rainbow in the form of meteors upon your foes.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Dameius posted:

Is there ever a reason for a necro buuld to not have consume corpse on autocast? I've already forgotten most of their builds.

Lazystorm uses Bone Spikes as a secondary damage source, so you need a few corpses lying around

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
What class is probably my best bet this season for ramping power up quickly enough to do season journey before the current season ends?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Bell monk *gongggggg*

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Bell monk always the answer

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Side note, new and updated thread for season 14? This thread is out of date.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

FFT posted:

Side note, new and updated thread for season 14? This thread is out of date.

I imagine this thread will continue to exist until there's an actual significant update to the game

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The OP is up to date. There's no need to create a new thread until Blizzard releases a new expansion pack which is never going to happen.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
It will! 10 years from now

5er
Jun 1, 2000

[LLJK] chat is dead, as seems right... is there anybody willing to pop on at the moment and drag a lv.40 PC seasonal character the rest of the way to 70?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Kevin Palpatine posted:

My personal favorite screen junk maker is a wizard with as much atk speed and reduce cost for meteor shower as possible. I don't have it anymore, but it was the dumbest fun.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
lmbo

blizz farts posted:

Razer® Chroma Link
• Support has been added for computer peripherals which use this technology.

Backend Improvements
• Changes have been made to improve server-side game performance.
dead game

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Hey, I need all my poo poo to pulse red when I launch the game to know what game I am playing.

trinary
Jul 21, 2003

College Slice

5er posted:

[LLJK] chat is dead, as seems right... is there anybody willing to pop on at the moment and drag a lv.40 PC seasonal character the rest of the way to 70?

A day late on this, but add trinary#1270 if you still need a PL

5er
Jun 1, 2000

trinary posted:

A day late on this, but add trinary#1270 if you still need a PL

I appreciate it but as of point now I finished ch.4 seasonal, and now I'm on the frustrating plod to getting all the rest of the bits and pieces necessary to be the laziest lazymancer I can! Thanks in any circumstance!

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Can lazymancer easily do 4-5 min GR85's? Currently MS DH is my easy farm build. Would like to try a new one.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

bamhand posted:

Can lazymancer easily do 4-5 min GR85's? Currently MS DH is my easy farm build. Would like to try a new one.

85's might be pushing it in terms of laziness but you can def hit 4 minute 80's without breaking a sweat

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Just need a goddamn Dayntees & Aquila so I can stop getting one-shot in anything exceeding Torment 6, is my current short term goal. If I can manage clearing GR65 and clear out up to Ch.7 before the season shuts down in a few days, I'll be content.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Addendum to my last post. Since hitting 70, I have seen leg drops repeat themselves infuriatingly. I have seen 3 wirts amulets, 2 monster hunter 1h, 3 frostburns, 3 rogar's rings, and 4 fire walkers. On the one hand, gear you don't feel any guilt about breaking down to FS is nice. On the other hand, basic statistics imply something is fucky.

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH
I just got out of a TRIPLE GELATINOUS vault with a bonus gob thrown in holy sheeeeit

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

5er posted:

Addendum to my last post. Since hitting 70, I have seen leg drops repeat themselves infuriatingly. I have seen 3 wirts amulets, 2 monster hunter 1h, 3 frostburns, 3 rogar's rings, and 4 fire walkers. On the one hand, gear you don't feel any guilt about breaking down to FS is nice. On the other hand, basic statistics imply something is fucky.

Some legendaries are more common than others. You may get like 20 wirts before you see your first star.

Seamonster posted:

I just got out of a TRIPLE GELATINOUS vault with a bonus gob thrown in holy sheeeeit

Even this far into the season, that's a site to behold. One can only hope that they get something like this during that first night of the season, making it even more magical and precious.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
EoS is Tuesday, right? I might play some this weekend and you could tag along and hoover gear at higher levels. If I get on I'll be in LLJK chat. Offer valid for NA only.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Seamonster posted:

I have no idea what this means.

mewse
May 2, 2006

RCarr posted:

Vaults have guaranteed goblins, but the best are gelatinous gobs because they split into a dozen tiny gobs who drop a ton of stuff. Having 3 jelly gobs in a single vault is very lucky

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

RCarr posted:

gel goblins are the blue ones that break into multiples as you kill them resulting in 6-9 goblins worth of loot if you kill them all. That times 3. also sometimes vaults will spawn a 4th bonus goblin.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

RCarr posted:

He did a Goblin vault, the thing that spawns from puzzle rings. Vaults have three three fixed spawn points for a random goblin. Additionally, there are about four mob grouping spawns that can have a random goblin spawn.

He got all three fixed spawns as Gelatinous Sires, plus another random mob goblin spawn.

Gelatinous gobs, when fully killed, poo poo out a ton of item drops, which he got x3.

tl;dr homie got gently caress loads of loot.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Oh cool! Thanks for breaking it down for me.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I haven't gotten a unicorn portal yet since starting in last week.. Sucks because I want one bad now that their loot output is cranked up.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Edit: dumbass doubleposting phone app.

5er fucked around with this message at 21:49 on May 31, 2018

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

5er posted:

I haven't gotten a unicorn portal yet since starting in last week. Sucks because I want one bad now that their loot output is cranked up.

Are you running bounties? They can't spawn in rifts, so you'll only find them running bounties or exploring the world.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

DrSeRRoD posted:

Are you running bounties? They can't spawn in rifts, so you'll only find them running bounties or exploring the world.

Sure am. Counterpoint though, I've gotten 3 cosmetic pets in the same span of time, and I even got those falcon wings that a couple or three years back I tried following some grindey pattern for a few hrs to get.
Now that I got them, I think they're loving ugly and regret the time I originally wasted.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Yea, they are, IMO. There are 19 pets I believe from Menagerist goblins; gotta catch 'em all!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I skipped over at least two menagerist goblins when going for the twenty minute boss rush (on failed attempts).

What a silly waste of time.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I am going to play for some amount of time tonight and will be in LLJK if any of you late to the seasoners want help getting anything done.

Kevin Palpatine
Dec 20, 2017
The last time I played, the auction house was still around. So coming back I decided to try out a necromancer and boy howdy, if there's anything more hilariously OP than corpse explosion I'd love to know what it is. (especially with that option to expand the range by 25 yards or something)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
They really nailed corpse explosion, the sound and animation are so drat satisfying.