Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Samuringa posted:

Something Has Survived

How to Train Your Dragon 3: Dragon Fucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
This was a few pages ago but Verhoeven's Black Book is a fantastic WW2 spy thriller that I always recommend to people. It's crazy that it wasn't even nominated for Best Foreign Language Film but that was a great year for that category; The Lives of Others and Pan's Labyrinth also came out that year and took the "Totalitarianism loving sucks" vote.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I still don’t know why they turned Hiccup into Jim Halpert

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Not a "poster" per se but this is how Show Dogs is being displayed on my local theater's website.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
For those of you who think, "lol what could possibly offend people in a children's dog movie", yeah...

quote:

In the movie, a police dog goes undercover at a dog show to catch animal smugglers.

In one scene, the dog is told to go to his “zen place” when he objects to having his testicles touched by a show judge.

In another scene, the dog is urged to overcome his resistance to being touched to become a champion.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Even like the AKC was like "What the gently caress, no one does that at shows."

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Waffleman_ posted:

Even like the AKC was like "What the gently caress, no one does that at shows."

Since when? Every dog show I've happened to see has someone cupping the balls at some point to make sure they're intact.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Teenage Fansub posted:

A mix of Sinister for wall-red-stuff and Precious for wings?

edit: Maybe the lovely concrete wall Fight Club bluray cover.

No, neither. I remember it was actual bullets though, not a painting. The poster for The Expendables comes close, but isn't it.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Imagine being in charge of PR for some random, easy-money family comedy about dogs and suddenly having to deal with putting up massive disclaimers about the dogballs scene

Edit: Ooh, ooh, has anyone said the movie has been neutered yet?!

Sir Lemming fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Jun 1, 2018

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

muscles like this! posted:

Not a "poster" per se but this is how Show Dogs is being displayed on my local theater's website.

We can salvage this, guys

Guys

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

New ones for Suspiria:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I really dislike the font on the S, it looks more like it belongs on your Super Shopper Super Savings Customer Card

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

No one was going to see Show Dogs either way. The controversy got its name out there better than any trailer did.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
That is a bad advertising campaign.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

hexwren posted:

I really dislike the font on the S, it looks more like it belongs on your Super Shopper Super Savings Customer Card

I wasn't crazy about it on the original posters but I don't really mind this with the quotes added, even though the quotes themselves are kind of tonally all over the place and probably incomprehensible to anyone who didn't already know they were looking at a Suspiria poster.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Should've been this:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Davros1 posted:

Should've been this:

gently caress YOU that is the wrong high school binder S (sorry)

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Thank you, it was bothering me too. Who the hell does a horizontal cap on the ends??

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

Thank you, it was bothering me too. Who the hell does a horizontal cap on the ends??

Mid western kids in the 80s? That's how we always drew them

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Davros1 posted:

Mid western kids in the 80s? That's how we always drew them

???????

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Davros1 posted:

Should've been this:

Congratulations, you made the Cool S uncool

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Midwestern Kid in the '80s here. This is the correct way. Who the shiznit would make the caps horizontal?!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

wrong post sorry

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

it really shines on on graph paper imo

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Crows Turn Off posted:

Midwestern Kid in the '80s here. This is the correct way. Who the shiznit would make the caps horizontal?!

You've made an eight, nerd!

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

hexwren posted:

Shop smart, shop Suspiria Mart!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Samuel Clemens posted:

Shop smart, shop Suspiria Mart!

Just unleash Ash into Suspiria, I’d watch that movie.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
For all my school life I wondered behind the mysterious origins of The S, I was so happy when I learned that none of it was true and it was just a cool S.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Pigbuster posted:

For all my school life I wondered behind the mysterious origins of The S, I was so happy when I learned that none of it was true and it was just a cool S.

lol this kid doesn’t know

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Mechafunkzilla posted:

How to Train Your Dragon 3: Dragon Fucks

How to Train Your Dragon How to gently caress

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

How to Train Your Dragon How to gently caress

How to Train Your Bad Dragon

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

How to Fuc y NO! that is Not okay!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

TheManWithNoName posted:

lol this kid doesn’t know

Nobody knows, it's like it was buried in the subconscious of every schoolkid out there. It's literally global in scope and has been around since the 60s. :tinfoil:

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Jun 2, 2018

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

This is a website, not a poster, but this cross promotion still confounds me.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I think that promo makes more sense with this movie.

Erotic Wakes
May 19, 2018

by Lowtax

The MSJ posted:

I think that promo makes more sense with this movie.

The studio who brought you a Star Wars robot named l337 is continuing their trend of hip and with-it-ness by having a new Disney princess named after The Yasss Queen Meme.

quote:

The pair visit cyberspace seeking a replacement part for Sugar Rush. Vanellope’s younger and more easily adaptable to the wonders of the Internet, while Ralph is a Gen Xer who’s a bit befuddled by the whole thing, Johnston says. “With Ralph, it’s like when your dad looks at the Internet and goes, ‘What is that? Why is that? What is going on?’ ”

A couple of netizens help out along the way, including Henson’s character, Yesss. A stylish algorithm that heads up the trendy video-sharing site BuzzzTube, Yesss wants to make Ralph hip and cool, too, by promoting his viralness. “Just putting her with Ralph as a foil and a friend was a lot of fun,” Johnston says.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Well, they did somehow get away with a "What are those?!" reference this very year.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

No one was going to see Show Dogs either way.
I was in line to see Upgrade earlier today behind three older women, the first one asked for a senior ticket to Show Dogs, the second woman asked for a senior ticket to Show Dogs and the third woman said "...give me one for the puppies." Didn't even ask for the senior discount.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Teenage Fansub posted:

Well, they did somehow get away with a "What are those?!" reference this very year.

Hey that meme is only... uh, four years old?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Erotic Wakes posted:

The studio who brought you a Star Wars robot named l337 is continuing their trend of hip and with-it-ness by having a new Disney princess named after The Yasss Queen Meme.
That sounds like hell

The original wasn't great...I felt like it skipped over the idea of him going into different eras of games too fast and instead spent the vast majority of the time in the racing game