Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

The Peccadillo posted:

A family friend got all lapdanced on by an oiled up Jamie Durie back in the day, and remembers a fondle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hope you've got a permit for that erection

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/MWhitbourn/status/1003439733379174400

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Beetphyxious posted:

Hope you've got a permit for that erection

Yep, got it signed off by your mum

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

You Am I posted:

Yep, got it signed off by your mum

Holy poo poo.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Rekt

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/MattDoran91/status/1003570205203693568

Scarecow
May 20, 2008

3200mhz RAM is literally the Devil. Literally.
Lipstick Apathy

JBP posted:

Holy poo poo.

:prepop:

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/ginarushton/penalty-rates-victoria-cocktail-bar-melbourne

quote:

Melbourne bartender James Lea was excited when he scored a job offer at high-end cocktail establishment Bar Americano in the city's CBD.
The 24-year-old had worked two unpaid trial shifts in November 2017 and was then offered a bartending position by the bar's owner Matthew Bax. Bax was once described by Broadsheet as the "most innovative bar owner the country has ever seen".

Bax responded and stated that Lea would receive $21 per hour and that Bar Americano did not pay penalty rates or overtime rates (because Bax said no-one worked overtime).
"There are no penalty rates in Victoria anymore mate," he wrote.

Lea said he brought copies of the pay guides for the Hospitality Industry Award 2010 and Registered and Licensed Clubs Award 2010 into the meeting. Penalty rates as outlined in clause 32 apply to employees performing work on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
He claims Bax told him the bar would "never pay award rates".
Less than an hour after the meeting Bax sent Lea an email withdrawing the offer of employment.
Y'know, this innovation sounds a lot like old fashioned exploitation

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/stephendziedzic/status/1003571619975950336

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Matthew Bax is an irl creep to boot.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
When I did my Victorian RSA course, the instructor said she stopped working in bars because of the rampant sex pestilence in the Melbourne industry and spent a good forty minutes giving horrifying and graphic anectodes about it

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Find a job that baby boomers don't do and you'll find a fuckload of exploited people.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/DanielAndrewsMP/status/1003555880439181313

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Can't afford penalty rates. Can afford extremely awkward propositions to fly female associates to France while he is on business in an attempt to gently caress them causing them to quit working with him.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

The body of the Wikipedia page for One Nation's only other remaining senator is pretty good

The face of One Nation's only other senator is fuckin' something else

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Wonder if this will extend to under award EBAs (lol no)

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

The Peccadillo posted:

When I did my Victorian RSA course, the instructor said she stopped working in bars because of the rampant sex pestilence in the Melbourne industry and spent a good forty minutes giving horrifying and graphic anectodes about it

I was given 3 rules:
1) If someone asks for a single shot of anything, it's only okay if they down it on the spot.
2) If there's a drink on the counter for more than 2 minutes, pour it down the sink.
3) Keep an eye on people in dark, baggy, pants.

The reason? Drink spiking.
Didn't hear about any of this poo poo in Cairns which has one of the dingiest drinking cultures known to man.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Mario is a plumber not a bricklayer, loving idiot.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
I did my QLD RSA online in less than an hour and it contained a question I will never forget, which I will now quote verbatim:

Which of the following are you not allowed to serve alcohol to

1. Indigenous Australians
2. Women
3. People under the age of 18

Also they said to allow 6 hours to complete the course. If you take that long you shouldn't be allowed near sharp objects, much less alcohol.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Tokamak posted:

ahem

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Zenithe posted:

I did my QLD RSA online in less than an hour and it contained a question I will never forget, which I will now quote verbatim:

2. Women

Also they said to allow 6 hours to complete the course. If you take that long you shouldn't be allowed near sharp objects, much less alcohol.

Well it was a Queensland RSA so the answer is 1.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Sounds like he went to Bob KAP in hand :smug:

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Tokamak posted:

lol tradies have had to multi-skill to keep from going under for decades.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Schlesische posted:

I was given 3 rules:
1) If someone asks for a single shot of anything, it's only okay if they down it on the spot.
2) If there's a drink on the counter for more than 2 minutes, pour it down the sink.
3) Keep an eye on people in dark, baggy, pants.

The reason? Drink spiking.
Didn't hear about any of this poo poo in Cairns which has one of the dingiest drinking cultures known to man.

No, she was talking about owners and management, entirely apart from what you should keep an eye out for for patrons

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Anning is way more right-wing than Katter so that will be an interestic dynamic going forward

https://twitter.com/EwinHannan/status/1003597172007292929

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Tokamak posted:

He's clearly tiling. That's why they're so easy for Bowser to smash.

I was sort of hoping Mario would brick him into a prison cell though.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Zenithe posted:

2. Women

There are dry communities in Queensland (from memory, the then single cab in Cooktown wasn't allowed to operate at night due to fears they'd be called out to ferry alcohol to Hope Vale).

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Tokamak posted:

More importantly, that Mario is clearly wearing the wrong colours for Super Mario Bros

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Schlesische posted:

There are dry communities in Queensland (from memory, the then single cab in Cooktown wasn't allowed to operate at night due to fears they'd be called out to ferry alcohol to Hope Vale).

Your comment reminded me of the incident, years ago now, where a minister took a bottle of wine into a dry community (it stayed on the plane to be drunk later), blamed and sacked a staffer, then had to backtrack and reinstate her after the staffer refused to be the fall guy.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

bandaid.friend posted:

More importantly, that Mario is clearly wearing the wrong colours for Super Mario Bros

It's a Mario Maker sprite with the colours washed out a bit

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/jun/04/grand-theft-data-nbn-chief-says-gamers-could-face-limits-on-heavy-usage

GAMERRRRRRRRS :argh:

quote:

The head of the NBN has blamed gamers for a significant increase in data consumption on its fixed wireless network and said the company was considering throttling back data consumption of “extreme users” during peak periods.

Bill Morrow, the chief executive of the National Broadband Network, appeared before a Senate committee on Monday to answer questions about the rollout of the NBN in rural and regional areas.

The NBN’s fixed wireless network is used to connect some rural and remote areas to the NBN by transmitting data via radio signals from transmission towers spread out across the country.

NBN Co was considering introducing a policy of “fair use” for fixed wireless, Morrow said, so heavy users could be throttled back to the same usage as everyone else during busy periods.

“In the fixed wireless there’s a large proportion [of users] that are using terabytes of data ... during the contended period,” he said.

“One of the things we’re evaluating [is] a form of fair use policy to say we will groom these extreme users.”

“Grooming” refers to the deliberate manipulation of network traffic during the busy period of the day.

Stephen Jones, the shadow minister for regional communications, asked Morrow to explain what an “extreme user” was and what type of activity they were engaged in.

Morrow replied: “It’s gamers predominantly, on fixed wireless.”

He said gamers require high bandwidth because they typically use high-definition video streaming, and that means they occupy capacity during peak periods.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

who could have foreseen that people would want to view video over the internet

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
NBN is grooming the children.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Qantas has changed thier business operations to state that Taiwan is not a seperate country

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

"He said gamers require high bandwidth because they typically use high-definition video streaming, and that means they occupy capacity during peak periods."

?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
watch my fortnite stream

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
pubg scrubgs gently caress off

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The only streams coming from me as I game are liquid poo poo into a sock taped under my PX-5000 lumbar support predator edition gaming superchair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Oh it's fixed wireless. Who cares?

I mean, aside from the 12 people with a fixed wireless connection