Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
both armor and power strength enhance iron skin. one option is the ironclad charge augment, which gives you a temporary armor boost for each enemy you hit with charge. this applies a sizable bonus to iron skin if you cast it while the buff is up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I meant: you do need advice to fit a Frame properly. I already refitted my Rhino based on it.

Death On Toast
Aug 2, 2006
The better half of the Brothers Douche.
Been playing for about a month now. Finally get my first riven mod unveiled.

:smithicide:
Yeah, that would be pretty beast if it was for basically any real weapon.
Also: apparently, deth machine rifle doesn't even benefit from faster reload, according to the wiki. Just to add insult to injury.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Captain Oblivious posted:

Two questions:

Does the discounting on Bladestorm work with any source of invisibility or just Smokescreen

How are people building Ash these days? I’m assuming a blend of duration and power with Arcane Trickery.

Ash's augments are pretty good. If you have high duration, likely because you aren't using arcane trickery, then the augment for his smoke screen can invis allies which is pretty okay. If you have more than 145% power strength his shuriken augment completely removes all armor on whatever it hits instantly, for 8 whole seconds. It's not useful much at all when rolling with a full corpro party but solo or in pub groups it's incredibly noticeable, absolutely wrecks things. And of course using Fatal Teleport and a dagger with Covert Lethality let's you one shot anything all the time.

Now that I have arcane trickery I'm focusing on strength and efficiency, but before then I had a balanced build with enough duration to get 18 seconds, I think, out of smoke screen and that still felt pretty strong.

His shuriken are stronger than most think, his invisibility is maybe the worst in the game and it's still pretty drat great when you need it or want to surprise things, Fatal Teleport owns, and Blade Storm is still very strong. He's good and fun, he just doesn't instant kill, toss around, or infect whole great swarms of enemies all at once so he doesn't get much play. But he scales really well, even without arcane trickery.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Two questions:

Does the discounting on Bladestorm work with any source of invisibility or just Smokescreen

How are people building Ash these days? I’m assuming a blend of duration and power with Arcane Trickery.

My ash build(I switch between two arcane trickery and arcane trickery+energize a lot, still not sure which is better)

Statstick:

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Got a Lanka riven from that Lotus alert at the weekend...what kinda stats should I be aiming for? Seems like crit chance is not so important with the zoom mechanic, so better to roll it with crit damage?

(Delphi I'm still interested in that Soma riven, just haven't managed to catch you in game yet)

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Crit damage is the big one, yeah. After that, fire rate, multishot, and heat or electric damage would be pretty desirable.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Love stockpiling 6 figgies worth of kuva only to drop it all on an Attica riven that rolls damage / punchthrough as its best roll.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

https://www.warframe.com/thesacrifice

Hypesite up. It has a the code OLDFRIEND for a tea set decoration and three day booster

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Where do y'all put your decorations? I have a cool ayatan sculpture on my codex table but can't think of many other places I'd put poo poo.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

njsykora posted:

Where do y'all put your decorations? I have a cool ayatan sculpture on my codex table but can't think of many other places I'd put poo poo.

I put 3 at the front of the ship. 1 at the Market desk. 1 at the Codex desk. You know, wherever

AGGGGH BEES
Apr 28, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Yeah ok I'll give this a shot. Looks like I have some ancient account from way back with an Excalibur and a Frost Prime on it.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

SSNeoman posted:

Hypesite up. It has a the code OLDFRIEND for a tea set decoration and three day booster

hell YEAH

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

What kind of 3 day booster?

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Third World Reggin posted:

kill dargyn pilots before they hit the ground is the dumbest god drat thing

use Ash, throw shuriken.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

What kind of 3 day booster?

It says 3-Day Affinity Booster

hirvox
Sep 8, 2009
Fourth match of the Glast Gambit.. and a six-point lead turned into a four-point loss in the last ten seconds while I was busy keeping index points away from enemies and getting health. :shepicide:

edit: One lousy point, last second. :negative:

Do I need to start jumping into pits if‘m holding close to ten points or something?

Edit 2: Suicide well away from the goals worked.

hirvox fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jun 4, 2018

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I feel like buying a frame. I have 362 plat right now, current lineup is:

Volt
Nekros
Excalibur
Harrow (bought that one because I heard it’s a bitch to get otherwise). Any suggestions?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
nidus

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Grabbed it, the powers look really cool.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
So I finally got my Riven unveiled and it's for the tetra...

That's after a couple rolls because the initial roll was garbage (+112% Zoom, +200% Puncture, -50% fire rate) and this is the best one I got before my Kuva ran out. I think it could turn the tetra into a hilarious status gun with the bouncing shots mod and just sticking every status mod into it. But that would involve using the Tetra, or it's Prisma variant (if it would even accept the Riven). Maybe when the Prisma Tetra comes around again I'll pick it up and try and make this thing work.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Grabbed it, the powers look really cool.

You have made a wise decision, as my incredibly stupid main can attest.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

The Jumpoff posted:

So I finally got my Riven unveiled and it's for the tetra...

That's after a couple rolls because the initial roll was garbage (+112% Zoom, +200% Puncture, -50% fire rate) and this is the best one I got before my Kuva ran out. I think it could turn the tetra into a hilarious status gun with the bouncing shots mod and just sticking every status mod into it. But that would involve using the Tetra, or it's Prisma variant (if it would even accept the Riven). Maybe when the Prisma Tetra comes around again I'll pick it up and try and make this thing work.

all weapon variants will accept rivens for that weapon, so all prismas will in fact take rivens. same with wraiths, vandals, primes, etc.

a notable exception here is the 'dragon nikana' which has its own rivens distinct from the normal nikana, because the dragon nikana is in fact its own weapon entirely. i only bring this up because it trips people up frequently.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

hirvox posted:

Fourth match of the Glast Gambit.. and a six-point lead turned into a four-point loss in the last ten seconds while I was busy keeping index points away from enemies and getting health. :shepicide:

edit: One lousy point, last second. :negative:

Do I need to start jumping into pits if‘m holding close to ten points or something?

just score once and then act as a goalkeeper. nothing will go through you and your specters.

mortal
Oct 12, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

all weapon variants will accept rivens for that weapon, so all prismas will in fact take rivens. same with wraiths, vandals, primes, etc.

a notable exception here is the 'dragon nikana' which has its own rivens distinct from the normal nikana, because the dragon nikana is in fact its own weapon entirely. i only bring this up because it trips people up frequently.

This plus 'Twin X' won't take rivens for 'X'. I got excited for a brief moment when I unveiled a 'Kohmak' riven, and then realized it wouldn't work for the weapon I actually used.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

END ME SCOOB posted:

You have made a wise decision, as my incredibly stupid main can attest.

I just had a blast soloing some defense waves with it, can’t wait to unlock some more skills. Never done a frame without shields before.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

SSNeoman posted:

Based on the Teaser Video, it looks like the prerequisites for The Sacrifice quest line are:

The Second Dream
The War Within
Chains of Harrow
Apostasy Prologue

Looks like I need to get off my rear end and do the Harrow quest then...

Also, the video has some user customized frames in there and some of them look really good.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

I just had a blast soloing some defense waves with it, can’t wait to unlock some more skills. Never done a frame without shields before.

Here's a serious tip from me to you: there is a relatively common Plains mod called Hunter Adrenaline. Max it, and it turns 45% of health damage into energy.

You can probably see where this is going, and how incredibly handy it will be with Nidus' 1/2.

hirvox
Sep 8, 2009

nerdz posted:

just score once and then act as a goalkeeper. nothing will go through you and your specters.

I ended up doing a version of this. I used Frost, so I set up Snow Globes at both goals and patrolled between them. One or the other would have an enemy or two stuck in there, and Hek's reload time is not an issue when the enemy can’t either shoot you or get out of the globe in time.

The Auditor is still more trouble than it’s worth, though.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I feel like buying a frame. I have 362 plat right now, current lineup is:

Volt
Nekros
Excalibur
Harrow (bought that one because I heard it’s a bitch to get otherwise). Any suggestions?
Just for future reference, Volts blueprints are all available from the dojo so there is no excuse for buying him. Excal drops from a boss (Mars I think) in a few trips so again, save your money. Nekros Prime is ironically probably easier than vanilla Nekros from rifts / relics. Harrow is an absolute poo poo to get.

But yeah, the absolute worst to acquire seems to be Nidus.

Save the rest of your plat for buying catalysts for the weapons you want to keep.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Just for future reference, Volts blueprints are all available from the dojo so there is no excuse for buying him. Excal drops from a boss (Mars I think) in a few trips so again, save your money. Nekros Prime is ironically probably easier than vanilla Nekros from rifts / relics. Harrow is an absolute poo poo to get.

But yeah, the absolute worst to acquire seems to be Nidus.

Save the rest of your plat for buying catalysts for the weapons you want to keep.

Volt was my starter pick, I grabbed Excal with plat since I used it when I played on PC ages ago and was wondering how it changed.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Can anyone tell me what the four dots under the targeting reticle signify? A different one turns blue now and then, but I can't figure out what prompts the change.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Pipski posted:

Can anyone tell me what the four dots under the targeting reticle signify? A different one turns blue now and then, but I can't figure out what prompts the change.

Powers.

Blue is your selected one, they'll get greyed out if you don't have the energy for them.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

END ME SCOOB posted:

Here's a serious tip from me to you: there is a relatively common Plains mod called Hunter Adrenaline. Max it, and it turns 45% of health damage into energy.

You can probably see where this is going, and how incredibly handy it will be with Nidus' 1/2.

There's another rarer mod, but still only around 15 plat on market (probably less if you try for goon chat discount!) which does the same, and stacks with HA. You don't really need weapons with Nidus at that point. Load up on health/armour then face tank & cast.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Rage

For anyone else who's quite new, but hooked enough to drop some money on the game, Nidus is a really good thing to buy early on - he will laugh at nightmare alerts when you have no shields, and those give lots of useful mods. Also, he's not available 'til much later on, and even then it's an awful quest to get the frame.

For anyone who can't drop the plat, Inaros is the other no-shields frame, and also laughs at nightmare missions (and most other things). It takes 100 ducats to buy quest to build from Baro Ki'Teer in 10 days time, but he's guaranteed to sell it.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

In addition to that, don't the quests for Inaros, Nidus, and Harrow grant you a riven mod if you bought them before completing them respectively?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

There's some kind of big event happening on Cetus and it's... hrm. I am still not leveled up enough for these dang missions.

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!
Another important thing to know a out Nidus is that his 1 returns energy based on how many enemies you hit at once. At 4+ IIRC you start having a net positive on the energy use for it.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Ablative posted:

Powers.

Blue is your selected one, they'll get greyed out if you don't have the energy for them.

Ah, drat, can't believe I never figured that out. Thanks.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
I absolutely love Octavia, but it feels like after 1 or 2 cycles I get absolutely desperate for energy to keep the party going. Depending on what enemies I'm against, I can usually run around and hoover up a few orbs, but it's not very reliable. I hadn't thought of trying a Hunter Adrenaline build, but replacing Redirection with Armor + Hunter Adrenaline could be interesting. I'm at 130% efficiency, (185 strength and 150 duration, I think), since I want to keep my buffs as strong as possible for as long as possible. What are some other options to for solving my energy consumption woes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
energizing dash, syndicate weapons from suda or veil, energy pizzas. rage is generally best for frames that are tanky and/or can heal themselves. octavia's survivability relies more on not getting hit because you are invisible.