Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Rex-Goliath posted:

oh man you are in for a ride

read the whole thing, don't skip forwards: https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2299

quote:

Was chased by the CIA, police, Cornell University, Qualcomm corporation and Austin city government, all of those organizations are known as 'they' and serve as an umbrella to a worldwide born-again Christian white supremacist neo-imperialist conspiracy, that only he can put an end to.

wheres the lie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
> tech bubble: singularity brotherhood owns your brain

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

meatpotato posted:

weird, looking at this person’s other twitter posts it seems they’re skilled with computers and probably intelligent. i think they might have mental issues :/
i remember one time i went 2 days without sleep and this was what happened

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Mr. Nice! posted:

keven patrick dawes is one of the hardest motherfuckers alive. holocaust survivors are the type of people most comparable to what he went through. this motherfucker lived for years in a syrian death camp and loving survived.

with all that said jesus loving christ i hope he's finally seeing a shrink and is properly medicated.

he's also the reason gip was the "ghoulish conspiracy mongering forum" for a while.

that he isn't dead was loving a-mazing

probably helped once they realized he was american or something they probably didn't actively try to kill him, but still

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

I, for one, welcome our new mouse overlords.

Gazpacho posted:

i remember one time i went 2 days without sleep and this was what happened

don't feel too bad about having looked at twitter. apparently lots of people do that even without being sleep deprived.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
of course the amateur combat medic was a gip poster

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i liked the video he posted where he was like "haha these idiots think i'm a doctor because i speak english" and then literally operated on a guy outside while he's screaming in pain and he's elbow deep in that guys guts mugging for the camera going "this is awesome!"

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

DJ Commie posted:

of course the amateur combat medic was a gip poster

i mean he'd come in there and ramble before getting banned and threatened to have a fist fight with one of the copgoons, but he definitely wasn't a regular. most caro posts were met with :stare:

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
do you think there is a "save caro" working team in the US state department that worked on rescuing him from assad's death camp

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
unorthodox job creation

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

do you think there is a "save caro" working team in the US state department that worked on rescuing him from assad's death camp

there definitely was a team of people working to find him. maybe not a specially-formed one specific to him tho

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
i like the image of state department office clerks frantically trying to rescue mentally ill goons though

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

dang i didnt know he sold his story rights to the deus ex franchise

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

i like the image of state department office clerks frantically trying to rescue mentally ill goons though

don’t worry. im sure your turn will come. :unsmith:

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
not american so lol at that

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

he was listed as a missing person by the fbi and the state dept negotiated for his return to the us, yeah

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
they were actually expecting someone else, iirc, when they were negotiating for an american to be released. caro was presumed dead at that point and suddenly out of the loving blue john kerry is helping him get on a loving plane in turkey.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
so did the Caro rescue wind up entirely validating his schizophrenic delusions

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That web forum sure raised a fuss over Libya, we'd better get their man out of Syria!

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.
always weird when f biederman says "RIP VileRat" on his podcast

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

James Baud posted:

That web forum sure raised a fuss over Libya, we'd better get their man out of Syria!

haha

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

eschaton posted:

pretty sure the government would have just left him for dead if they actually had it out for him

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Rex-Goliath posted:

pretty sure the government would have just left him for dead if they actually had it out for him

And leave those implants for the Syrians to reverse engineer? I think not.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

FrozenVent posted:

And leave those implants for the Syrians to reverse engineer? I think not.

Ohhh

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

eschaton posted:

i think some goons tried to get in contact with his family because he clearly still wasn't ok but iirc the family members they got in contact with were doing some weird codependent stuff. hopefully he's gotten help :(

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

remember the good old days when youtube videos just had, like, Disney characters getting tortured while Russian music played in the background

yeah they've progressed to just straight-up nazi propaganda now using cult recruitment tactics

https://twitter.com/SarahTaber_bww/status/1003086394716192768

https://twitter.com/SarahTaber_bww/status/1003086401108357120

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

"That isn't the appropriate trash receptacle."

wait so is the implication here that everyone should be using the scummiest propaganda tactics yet invented?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Internet Janitor posted:

wait so is the implication here that everyone should be using the scummiest propaganda tactics yet invented?

no it's that if this were just a thing that came along with this tech and these content creators you'd be seeing this phenomena representing all sorts of different ideologies but for some reason it seems to exclusively represent the alt-right- implying that this could be deliberate effort

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.
not that irony or hypocrisy are weapons against an ideology that craves power and hierarchy, but think about the purported left wing professors perverting the minds of undergrads vs stealth indoctrination in kid-targeted YouTube content and maybe you'll laugh feebly, like me

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Rex-Goliath posted:

no it's that if this were just a thing that came along with this tech and these content creators you'd be seeing this phenomena representing all sorts of different ideologies but for some reason it seems to exclusively represent the alt-right- implying that this could be deliberate effort

or the alt-right are just more terminally online than other groups

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
Youtube is the sewer of the internet so there is not surprise that you will find mostly giant loving turds in there ya know.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

ate all the Oreos posted:

TheCoach posted:

Youtube is the sewer of the internet so there is not surprise that you will find mostly giant loving turds in there ya know.

not disagreeing

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

nah, they have to hide their poo poo more than anyone else. the majority is most definitely very online and making fun of them

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/internetofshit/status/1003634781748453376

is this important somehow, u nerds?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

github will get more secure, less politically garbage and more bland, otherwise nothing will change that actually matters

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

prisoner of waffles posted:

the purported left wing professors perverting the minds of undergrads vs stealth indoctrination in kid-targeted YouTube content and maybe you'll laugh feebly, like me

it’s projection every single time from them

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

https://twitter.com/nickmorrott/status/1003414736682258432?s=19

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

techbro coworkers were just talking about welfare and how they had to file for unemployment after their last job went under, and were shocked, shocked to find out that applying for and keeping unemployment is unimaginably hard.

conversation went on for a bit, started talking about how it's all specifically designed to gently caress you, how even if you get benefits they abruptly cut off the second you start making over a certain amount of money so you have an incentive not to succeed, most of them were in agreement that "poo poo's hosed" but one of them followed it up with "well maybe if people just took more personal responsibility and stopped relying on the government..." i reflexively responded with "dude i'm going to loving punch you in the face," he laughed and went "ok ok" and thought i was kidding. i was not kidding.

how can you simultaneously complain about how haaaaaard it is applying for unemployment for your fuckin' six figgie rear end and then turn around and say poor people just need to bootstraps harder, jesus christ what is wrong with some people aaagh

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

techbro coworkers were just talking about welfare and how they had to file for unemployment after their last job went under, and were shocked, shocked to find out that applying for and keeping unemployment is unimaginably hard.

conversation went on for a bit, started talking about how it's all specifically designed to gently caress you, how even if you get benefits they abruptly cut off the second you start making over a certain amount of money so you have an incentive not to succeed, most of them were in agreement that "poo poo's hosed" but one of them followed it up with "well maybe if people just took more personal responsibility and stopped relying on the government..." i reflexively responded with "dude i'm going to loving punch you in the face," he laughed and went "ok ok" and thought i was kidding. i was not kidding.

how can you simultaneously complain about how haaaaaard it is applying for unemployment for your fuckin' six figgie rear end and then turn around and say poor people just need to bootstraps harder, jesus christ what is wrong with some people aaagh

you know which poor people he’s talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

fits my needs posted:

you know which poor people he’s talking about

he was being backed up by another guy who talked about how "yeah but in those neighborhoods they all know how to do it really well and it's common knowledge how to game the system so it's not hard for them" who at least shut up the minute another guy was like "dude I grew up on foodstamps in a poor neighborhood and we had to go see a social worker in person every single week just to get assistance filling out all the forms"