Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Pivo posted:

10am Pacific, 1pm Eastern, whichever in between.

https://www.apple.com/apple-events/june-2018/

There's also usually live mirrors on YouTube for people who can't get Apple's player to work on their machine (requires Edge on Windows lol)

Thanks Pivo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

It would be cool if they make AirPods that are actually comfortable.

At some point those DNA tests that tell you if you're part neanderthal or sea peoples will also include your ear compatibility for AirPods. Like they fit me just fine, but that's apparently because I have the same ear canal shape and genetic heritage of Tim Cook and Johnny Ives.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Every year, the Apple software keynote rolls around and every year Apple doesn’t make a major hardware announcement.

And every year someone is surprised by that lol

I think we got the 10.5 iPad Pro at wwdc last year tho?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I guess swift 5 is coming maybe ?

If they dare talk about a programming language at this, the World Wide Developers Conference, I'm gonna riot.

(An actual thought some people will have).

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's gonna be like the spartans, any babies who's ears cannot accept an apple airpod will be tossed off a mountain to die.

Unfortunately the test involves shaking the baby violently to make sure the headphones stay in place, so basically all babies are dead. Apple's response was "you're holding it wrong."

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

FCKGW posted:

Every year, the Apple software keynote rolls around and every year Apple doesn’t make a major hardware announcement.

And every year someone is surprised by that lol

I think we got the 10.5 iPad Pro at wwdc last year tho?

They usually have like 1 side revision / minor upgrade to throw for WWDC. There’s also the iPhone 4 getting announced then but that was mainly a response to the leak / lost iPhone 4 fiasco.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
My money is on the SE2 being the hardware. I'm just very confused on whether or not it'll have Face ID if the screen leaks are true. That's a very small notch.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

They usually have like 1 side revision / minor upgrade to throw for WWDC. There’s also the iPhone 4 getting announced then but that was mainly a response to the leak / lost iPhone 4 fiasco.

We got HomePod last year which everyone has already forgot about but yeah usually it's rev. 2 stuff or small spec bumbs

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

FCKGW posted:

We got HomePod last year which everyone has already forgot about but yeah usually it's rev. 2 stuff or small spec bumbs

I love my giant expensive marshmallow.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I love my giant expensive marshmallow.

If they add Siri voice recognition it'll be good again.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Matt Zerella posted:

My money is on the SE2 being the hardware. I'm just very confused on whether or not it'll have Face ID if the screen leaks are true. That's a very small notch.

Yeah, Apple is trying hard to figure out how to keep iPhone sales up. Setting up two launches a year (cheap version in Summer, fancy in Fall) might keep those ever precious supply chains humming.

I can't imagine Apple not including FaceID. It's definitely their future bio-metric, so they'll want it rolled out quickly. It is going to create a weird situation where their cheapest iPhone is better than their second most expensive one though. They'll need to gimp it somehow (no face emoji maybe).

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

If the "X guts in the SE form factor" thing is true it sounds like a slam dunk buy, no matter when it comes out.

I bought my father in law an SE as his first smartphone and I forgot how the iPhone 5/SE form factor was totally the best size for a phone.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

In and out of the Apple store in 30 minutes for a battery exchange under the iPhone 6s extended battery warranty.

It was pretty busy in there, but as soon as I pulled out my Thinkpad and started working on homework, the same lady came by twice in 15 minutes to check on me (after having only been there 1 or 2 minutes), and on the third time she had my cellphone ready to go.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

kitten smoothie posted:

If the "X guts in the SE form factor" thing is true it sounds like a slam dunk buy, no matter when it comes out.

I bought my father in law an SE as his first smartphone and I forgot how the iPhone 5/SE form factor was totally the best size for a phone.

Yeah for ants.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I found the first or second gen iPod Touch in a drawer the other day and there was something really interesting about how small it was and I kind of felt like it would be a neat little niche size to come back.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
WWDC stream has started. Loads on Firefox on my PC, but my iPad doesn't even show any kind of video at all.

Great job, Apple.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Do we not have a WWDC thread? This Attenborough voice over is pretty good.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

WWDC is live but it's some unfunny pretentious poo poo sketch right now so maybe give it a few minutes

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Do we not have a WWDC thread? This Attenborough voice over is pretty good.

Is it though?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Apple calling developers animals and them cheering on it is pretty good, yeah.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

enojy posted:

WWDC is live but it's some unfunny pretentious poo poo sketch right now so maybe give it a few minutes

Yes it’s funny. Why do you guys hate fun?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

enojy posted:

I'd rather watch 5 of those than the first 5 minutes of Apple Stats.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61U4_ygZolo

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS

And here comes the STEM pump.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

MarcusSA posted:

Yes it’s funny. Why do you guys hate fun?

I was being unfairly harsh but there were just a few too many long beards and smug faces and trendy stickers-on-MacBook for my taste

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

iOS 12 not dropping anything that’s supported by iOS 11 is kinda neat.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Interesting stuff with iOS12 so far.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

enojy posted:

I was being unfairly harsh but there were just a few too many long beards and smug faces and trendy stickers-on-MacBook for my taste

That was the joke.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
A lot of people wooping at a list of icons, not sure which one they were wooping at.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Question Mark Mound posted:

A lot of people wooping at a list of icons, not sure which one they were wooping at.

Siri icon for me.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Siri icon for me.
One day it'll recognise my dumb accent.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Question Mark Mound posted:

One day it'll recognise my dumb accent.

New in Siri for iOS12: Dumb accent support!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Stoked for the “no innovation, is Apple dying” takes.

I’m going to use the poo poo out of this measurement tool.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Stoked for the “no innovation, is Apple dying” takes.

I’m going to use the poo poo out of this measurement tool.

Same.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

:lol: who the gently caress is going to design and render a 3D fish for a dang article.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Measurements is pretty cool if it works.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I would play that blocks AR game.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I made a thread.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3859100

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
THIRD PARTY NAVIGATION IN APPLE CAR PLAY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010