Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Double Bill posted:

!!! DOG !!! is a fine poster in itself
Reminds me of this classic:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Found Scoops had nestled himself under the new throw.

The camera shutter annoyed him, so it was time to stretch the toe beans

And get right back to sleeping.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Megabound posted:

Found Scoops had nestled himself under the new throw.

I am not as original as I supposed myself to be.

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Ask me about aquatic cocaine transportation and by-standard management.
https://i.imgur.com/PfCscci.mp4

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://i.imgur.com/UZJPQIh.mp4

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
https://m.imgur.com/r/aww/9M7qPwx

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Excuse me, but I think you'll find Goats leaping off of things is called "Baacour". :colbert:

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Excuse me, but I think you'll find Goats leaping off of things is called "Baacour". :colbert:

Acrobaatics.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Take it up with the person who posted it on imgur :colbert:

And apparently the rest of the internet? You two have come up with way better names than anyone else on the internet has so far, according to Google.

I think a gif of this video has shown up in the thread, but here it is with sounds!

https://youtu.be/_w-qHUhdjuE

I miss playing with baby goats :(

BTW, those are pygmy goats, the naughtiest of goats. But all goats are much cleverer than they are given credit for.

My old boss had a rotation in veterinary school that included day to day care of the farm animals that are at the school (or maybe an off-campus barn, I never asked). She said that every morning, the goats were out of their enclosures wandering around. It didn't matter what kinds of latches they used on the doors, the goats would find a way to escape.

Bored has a new favorite as of 12:20 on Jun 4, 2018

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

BJJ stresses ground fighting techniques.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Bored posted:

It didn't matter what kinds of latches they used on the doors, the goats would find a way to escape.

Might've been / probably was posted in this very thread -- a crazy-smart honey badger doing the same thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c36UNSoJenI

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Trabant posted:

Might've been / probably was posted in this very thread -- a crazy-smart honey badger doing the same thing:

Horses are very good at opening gates too, which is why a lot of stables have kickbars at the bottom of the door as well as the latch at the top

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Trabant posted:

They are impressive aren't they.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Our old dog Buffy was an escape artist of Houdini level.

She was crate trained, and it was her safe spot for the longest time. We crated her when we went to work since she was a nervous chewer. She never seemed to mind, and would hop right in even before we told her. Her younger sister Cordelia started as crate trained, but then when she turned 1 she decided she was a big girl and refused to go in anymore. She never caused any problems so we went with it. Buff still got in hers.

Years later we got a beagle puppy who hated the crate from day one. He would yowl the whole time and pee in the kennel even if he was only in there for an hour and had been let out right before. Sick of daily baths, we let him stay out and he did fine.

About this time Buffy decided this crating business was totally unfair and began chewing her crate. She got to the point where she could force the gate open. So we got an all-steel crate. She figured out the latch pretty quickly. So we put a carabiner on the door. She bit the carabiner tp undo it and got out. Then we went with steel, oval screw links on the gate. I was accused by Mrs. Underbridge of not putting her up in the morning, since the dog was out and the door was closed. Turns out she would pull the door in and eel her way out. So we tried two links at top and bottom of the gate and called it quits when we found two broken teeth. The really weird part was that when I was doing up the links she would stare at what I was doing like she was trying to figure out her next escape plan.

She was a smart dog, but really stubborn.

MrUnderbridge has a new favorite as of 16:08 on Jun 4, 2018

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Sort of related, a friend of mine lives in a town where they had to get a legal exception from some handicap laws, specifically one that required all public building to have lever-style door handles instead of knobs, because the local black bears figured out pretty early on they can open lever-style door handles and breaker bars. Apparently the bears haven't figured out how to use the big automated-open buttons by the doors, but he thinks it's just a matter of time. He used to have a pic of a small black bear just sleeping in the public library lobby, I'll have to ask him if he still has it.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

New Yakuza game looking good.

But seriously, 'Yakuza, But Everybody's A Cat' would be awesome.

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Ask me about aquatic cocaine transportation and by-standard management.
https://i.imgur.com/J9oB2Ow.mp4

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

MrUnderbridge posted:

Our old dog Buffy was an escape artist of Houdini level.

She was crate trained, and it was her safe spot for the longest time. We crated her when we went to work since she was a nervous chewer. She never seemed to mind, and would hop right in even before we told her. Her younger sister Cordelia started as crate trained, but then when she turned 1 she decided she was a big girl and refused to go in anymore. She never caused any problems so we went with it. Buff still got in hers.

Years later we got a beagle puppy who hated the crate from day one. He would yowl the whole time and pee in the kennel even if he was only in there for an hour and had been let out right before. Sick of daily baths, we let him stay out and he did fine.

About this time Buffy decided this crating business was totally unfair and began chewing her crate. She got to the point where she could force the gate open. So we got an all-steel crate. She figured out the latch pretty quickly. So we put a carabiner on the door. She bit the carabiner tp undo it and got out. Then we went with steel, oval screw links on the gate. I was accused by Mrs. Underbridge of not putting her up in the morning, since the dog was out and the door was closed. Turns out she would pull the door in and eel her way out. So we tried two links at top and bottom of the gate and called it quits when we found two broken teeth. The really weird part was that when I was doing up the links she would stare at what I was doing like she was trying to figure out her next escape plan.

She was a smart dog, but really stubborn.

Vizsla? My brother has one that is an escape artist. He has 2 metal crates U-bolted together because she can flip a single crate to get the door open. Then every joint is reinforced with steel U-Bolts and has key padlock 3 times on the door (top/middle/bottom).

She also knows how to open door knobs by crushing the knob and then turning it.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Zanzibar Ham posted:

New Yakuza game looking good.

But seriously, 'Yakuza, But Everybody's A Cat' would be awesome.

I would legit play a game where you are a cat in a city. Establish your territory, defend against rivals, form alliances, avoid unfriendly humans and crow gangs.

Well, I mean, huge hours of my childhood were lost to the DOS game Alley Cat, so maybe that's not surprising.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

RoboRodent posted:

I would legit play a game where you are a cat in a city. Establish your territory, defend against rivals, form alliances, avoid unfriendly humans and crow gangs.

Well, I mean, huge hours of my childhood were lost to the DOS game Alley Cat, so maybe that's not surprising.

I feel like I read about a game in development it was basically this, a few years ago. Damned if I can remember what the name was though to look and see if it was made

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

RoboRodent posted:

The guy who made Deadly Premonition is making a mystery game where you're in a village where everybody turns into cats and dogs at night.

There's also Tokyo Jungle, which is somewhat like that but you can play as other animals as well.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

not the game i was looking for but

https://hk-devblog.com/

edit: this is the one i was looking for

https://store.steampowered.com/app/329860/Catlateral_Damage/

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

JEEVES420 posted:

Vizsla? My brother has one that is an escape artist. He has 2 metal crates U-bolted together because she can flip a single crate to get the door open. Then every joint is reinforced with steel U-Bolts and has key padlock 3 times on the door (top/middle/bottom).

She also knows how to open door knobs by crushing the knob and then turning it.

Half black lab, half Jack Russell. She got the lab lazies and love of people, and the Jack killer instinct and grouchiness about other dogs.

On one occasion we set up my laptop cam in the kitchen to see who was knocking things off the counter. We'd only been gone fifteen minutes when she hops up on the counter and starts knocking things off. Then she suddenly turns and stares at the laptop, hops down and we see her head pop up looking like she's trying to figure out how to turn it off. Then she goes back and knocks off the glass sugar jar, which lands on something else she dropped and so didn't shatter. Xander the beagle walked well around it, but as he left the kitchen he gave what can only be described as a wistful look back over his shoulder.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Man I'm so glad my dogs aren't escape artists anymore... heck one time I left the house without actually latching their crate doors, they could have just pushed the doors open, but neither of them figured it out til I got home. One of them is small enough that he fits through cat doors, though, which is sometimes frustrating.

As puppies though, oof. They figure out early on that they can climb up the sides of X-pens and crates, so if you have their crate inside of a pen, you have to make sure it doesn't actually contact any sides of the pen or they'll climb right out. And we had to buy new x-pens where the crossbars were spaced further apart, and even then once they're long enough they can still kind of climb up them. When Pabu was a puppy he also figured out he could lean against his crate to shove it against the pen, then climb up the crate and kind of hop-climb out of the pen.

Thankfully neither of them have any desire to get out when we have them in the back yard, though, since I think both my dogs could easily clear our 4-foot fences if they got in their heads to do it.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

One of mine loves the crate, its her safe place when away from home. As of now when I am out only the 6 month old pup is in the cage. Here he is at 5 weeks for first time in the cage

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

We met this good girl at the dog park yesterday. Owner said she’s about ten years old. He also said he had her DNA tested, and it came back with around 7 different breeds, plus some “unknowns”

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

RFC2324 posted:

not the game i was looking for but

https://hk-devblog.com/

edit: this is the one i was looking for

https://store.steampowered.com/app/329860/Catlateral_Damage/

Isn't there one where you play as Mossadegh's cat?

e: http://www.thecatandthecoup.com/

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Funzo posted:

We met this good girl at the dog park yesterday. Owner said she’s about ten years old. He also said he had her DNA tested, and it came back with around 7 different breeds, plus some “unknowns”

What a stubby little friend :kimchi:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/SimonNRicketts/status/1003675759427444736

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

It did upped my morale just looking at this photo

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Should be CMO (Chief Morale Officer)

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

JEEVES420 posted:

Should be CMO (Chief Morale Officer)

Gotta leave space for upward momentum within the company.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
HE SHOULD BE THE PRESIDENT

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

sneakyfrog posted:

HE SHOULD BE THE PRESIDENT

Nothing in the rulebook says he can't!

*ref whistle*

PLAY BALL!

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

I totally do this with my kittens all the time. As weird as the hold position is for them (sit in my palms), they're weirdly calm till they get their prey.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I do that with my cat too! She gets visibly grumpy and increasingly louder if I don't pick her up and haul her around like a maniac. She's tiny so I'm her Autobot I guess?

One time I accidentally steered her into my water feature wall fountain doing that. She and I had a very animated chat about that particular incident. After she caught the fly, obviously.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

fizzymercy posted:

I do that with my cat too! She gets visibly grumpy and increasingly louder if I don't pick her up and haul her around like a maniac. She's tiny so I'm her Autobot I guess?

She's Master to your Blaster

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Imagine if instead of domesticating wolves, early man used big cats for hunting by loading them into catapults and hurling them at herds of deer.

A good time to be a man, a poor time to be a deer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I don't know how I didn't think of that. Her name is Master Cherry, totally checks out :3:

e: Comptroll, I think I want to read that version of history immediately. I'm thinking Kipling, but with trebuchets and on a large Texas plain. Neato.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 00:06 on Jun 5, 2018