Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
all pies are good pies, except for these guys that sell lil baby pies for $10, i dont give a gently caress if thats gourmet its just a pie the size of my computer mouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

Apple pies suck. As do nearly all fruit pies, but apple especially sucks. Key Lime and pumpkin are the only acceptable fruit pies.

You can't leave pumpkin pie off any list of terrible pies.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

They all pale in comparison to the trifecta of pie perfection:

Chocolate Chess pie
French Silk pie
Coconut Cream pie

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I have never eaten a pie

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

Solice Kirsk posted:

Apple pies suck. As do nearly all fruit pies, but apple especially sucks. Key Lime and pumpkin lemon merengue are the only acceptable fruit pies.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Swimming is also super fun and awesome. I can't think of any other exercise where it's ok to just pee without stopping.

You must not watch Olympic weightlifting events.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
The Nightly Show was better than any late night comedy show currently airing

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
almost every late night comedy show is bad. craig ferguson had the best one, and james corden can't compare.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
It's a really weird medium that serves as nothing more than comfort food

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
the past seventy years of late night shows, a history of dreadful non-comedy and boring interviews, was retroactively made worth it as set up for Nathan Fielder's late night saga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJbXsnFKGaU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L7GsGc5adk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TUGZ1VQDss

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.
Mince meat pies are the best pies and lol at countries that don't have them.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Fleetwood Mac are the definition of “middle of the road”

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Tarantula posted:

Mince meat pies are the best pies and lol at countries that don't have them.

:australia:

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Meat pies are the best kind of pie.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

doverhog posted:

Meat pies are the best kind of pie.

Specifically, party pies.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Fleetwood Mac are the definition of “middle of the road”

wrong

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I posted this as a response in the stupid questions thread but it seemed like good content for this one so I'm gonna repost

veni veni veni posted:

Take this with a grain of salt because it's just my personal opinion, but people are giant pussies about food and "the danger zone". Although I've definitely never eaten anything that sat on a stove for 3 days tbh.

I dunno I've never had a problem eating sketchy poo poo and I've never had food poisoning (knock on wood) while people who won't touch raw chicken without a hazmat suit seem to get it every month. I think people are just mental about that poo poo. Trust your nose/taste.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
If it's a home cooked meal by someone I know I really won't think twice, but if it's a business they better be observing that like it's a loving religion.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

If you've never woken up after midday and eaten a slice of pizza that's still sitting out from the night before, there's something wrong with you.

If you throw stuff out just because of the date printed on the packaging you need to stop doing that immediately.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

At least smell it first before throwing it out. If the milk has gone bad the smell will be obvious. I've had milk that was over a week past due and it was fine.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Pie is the best way to deliver any kind of food. Put anything I would normally eat between a flaky pastry crust and it will be improved.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I’m not really a dessert guy

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Anyone suggesting you drink X amount of water per day. It is always too drat much to be reasonable. I am also pretty sure that there is little evidence to back up that this is healthy. Also, I do not care if Coffe or Tea dehydrates me slightly.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Midig posted:

Anyone suggesting you drink X amount of water per day. It is always too drat much to be reasonable. I am also pretty sure that there is little evidence to back up that this is healthy. Also, I do not care if Coffe or Tea dehydrates me slightly.

While generally I drink maybe half a liter to a liter over the recommended amount per day I don't really think it does a whole lot health-wise. I've gone through periods of my life where I would usually not drink plain water much at all and live off coffee/diet soda and I don't remember feeling any different.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Midig posted:

If you want to be peeing a constant stream of urine, you pretty much need to drink 64 gallons of water every day.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Coffee doesn't dehydrate you. It's a mild diuretic which makes you pee more than usual but you're still taking in far more water than you're losing as a result.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

How much sea water can you drink at a time to not dehydrate yourself? Is it any?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

How much sea water can you drink at a time to not dehydrate yourself? Is it any?
I believe that if you're not already suffering from dehydration then you can drink a small amount to stay hydrated for slightly longer.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

sassassin posted:

Coffee doesn't dehydrate you. It's a mild diuretic which makes you pee more than usual but you're still taking in far more water than you're losing as a result.

That effect actually goes away for regular drinkers pretty quickly. I drink more coffee and tea than anything else and never have issues with dehydration at all. A lot of the things that coffee supposedly does to hurt you are myths, really.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Solice Kirsk posted:

Sea water is pretty much always a net loss. It costs the body more water to deal with the stuff in it than you get from drinking it. It is very, very salty.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

ToxicSlurpee posted:

That effect actually goes away for regular drinkers pretty quickly. I drink more coffee and tea than anything else and never have issues with dehydration at all. A lot of the things that coffee supposedly does to hurt you are myths, really.

Yeah, I assume the myth comes from misunderstanding "drinking 3 cups of coffee dehydrates you" and "consuming the equivalent of 3 cups of coffee in caffeine dehydrates you".

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

mojo1701a posted:

Yeah, I assume the myth comes from misunderstanding "drinking 3 cups of coffee dehydrates you" and "consuming the equivalent of 3 cups of coffee in caffeine dehydrates you".

Caffeine does make you pee more until you get tolerance so that's probably where it comes from. That means it dehydrates you! Well, no. Sure it doesn't hydrate as well as water but it does still hydrate.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
As much as I love coffee, I dunno if we should trust someone named ToxicSlurpee to be perfectly forthcoming about the quality and health of their fluids.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Aramek posted:

As much as I love coffee, I dunno if we should trust someone named ToxicSlurpee to be perfectly forthcoming about the quality and health of their fluids.

Only my frozen beverages are dangerous, thank you very much. They are meant for those who like a little more than brain freeze. My hot beverages are totally safe.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Is polonium tea your cousin?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
A lot of people seem to dislike cracker barrel. i am here to express my joy of cracker barrel. it is fantastic food and any naysayers must be jastiger

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Sir I will thank you not to call me Jastiger again

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

fruit on the bottom posted:

Sir I will thank you not to call me Jastiger again

you don't like cracker barrel you dont like good food its that simple mate

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Cracker Barrel is maybe one step ahead of Denny's for white trash restaurants. And that's only because I've never seen a drunk teenager take their shirt off and throw a plate at a middle aged woman because she was wearing the wrong NASCAR shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

Cracker Barrel is maybe one step ahead of Denny's for white trash restaurants. And that's only because I've never seen a drunk teenager take their shirt off and throw a plate at a middle aged woman because she was wearing the wrong NASCAR shirt.

That's part of the appeal. Who doesn't like dinner and a show?