Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

1redflag posted:

It's gonna seem dumb, but run up those stairs, jump off the side, and run back up those stairs again until you get an opportunity to drop the dogs, then fight the Capra normally.

In my first (and so far only) attempt at Capra I somehow did that? I'm not sure, the fog cleared and then this big fucker and his dog shits were on me and I pressed a bunch of buttons and suddenly I was on some stairs and then the dogs were dead and then I pushed a bunch more buttons and that goat gently caress killed me with like 2 hit points left. This was after beating the gargoyles after several hours' worth of attempts so I turned the game off and finished a bottle of wine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Montalvo posted:

In my first (and so far only) attempt at Capra I somehow did that? I'm not sure, the fog cleared and then this big fucker and his dog shits were on me and I pressed a bunch of buttons and suddenly I was on some stairs and then the dogs were dead and then I pushed a bunch more buttons and that goat gently caress killed me with like 2 hit points left. This was after beating the gargoyles after several hours' worth of attempts so I turned the game off and finished a bottle of wine.

Are you using a shield? If not maybe try with one, it should make things much easier on you. idk I've never had issues with Capra like a lot of players, I did get hosed over by the dogs my very first attempt but I had no idea they were there. Just kite the doggos up and down the stairs til you can pick them off. Capra's cake after that. He's ridiculously easy to kill it's just such a tight space + those trash dogs.

Worst case scenario you can throw on a bunch of heavy armour w/ that shield and tank most of the fight.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

can you still just throw poo poo over the wall and kill carpa demon that way

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Idk how to follow e3 so what time/day should I look at stuff for Sony, kingdom hearts, from soft, dmc5, etc

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

esperterra posted:

Are you using a shield? If not maybe try with one, it should make things much easier on you. idk I've never had issues with Capra like a lot of players, I did get hosed over by the dogs my very first attempt but I had no idea they were there. Just kite the doggos up and down the stairs til you can pick them off. Capra's cake after that. He's ridiculously easy to kill it's just such a tight space + those trash dogs.

Worst case scenario you can throw on a bunch of heavy armour w/ that shield and tank most of the fight.

Yeah, I'm using a shield with 100% damage reduction; the issue I was having was that his blows would drain my stamina almost completely. I've been really itching to use the zweihander so I've been pumping points into strength over endurance and I think it's biting me in the rear end.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

Idk how to follow e3 so what time/day should I look at stuff for Sony, kingdom hearts, from soft, dmc5, etc

google e3 schedule dude

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Montalvo posted:

Yeah, I'm using a shield with 100% damage reduction; the issue I was having was that his blows would drain my stamina almost completely. I've been really itching to use the zweihander so I've been pumping points into strength over endurance and I think it's biting me in the rear end.

Yeah, that can be a pain in the Capra encounter due to having so little space to roll around. But if you keep running up the stairs and dropping off at the top, he and the dogs will follow you around iirc. Just run circles 'til you have a moment to pick the dogs off individually and it should get way easier.

e: but yeah if that doesn't work maybe try tanking up in some huge armour, it might mitigate some of stamina issues if you can tank a blow or two

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

beep by grandpa posted:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

beep by grandpa posted:

Wait til after. Go on any game site and browse the "ps4 roundup" they will have all the videos. Skip the bullshit you dont care about.

Watching it live? Get ready for some blops4destiny bullshit.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Finally upgraded to a pro, and I'm very excited to get some gaming in. I think it's time to re-download Bloodbourne and hit up the DLC :)

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Thanks! There are some YouTube streamers I might watch live streams of. I live for gigantic crowds reacting to hype reveals :D

Sounds like this e3 is gonna be a huge one. My biggest #1 hope is that we get 10+ minutes of DEATH STRANDING and still have no clue wtf it is or what kinda game it'll be

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

seiferguy posted:

Finally upgraded to a pro, and I'm very excited to get some gaming in. I think it's time to re-download Bloodbourne and hit up the DLC :)

A good choice. Make sure boost mode is on (always) and if you are going to upgrade the hdd, dont be lazy do it now before you sink time into it.

Also hope you deactivated your old ps4

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Did any other games besides SOMA ever have issues with boost mode? I know they patched that a while ago

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Here's an updated schedule that includes Devolver Digital and Limited Run Games.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Montalvo posted:

sometimes he swings with one sword and sometimes he swings with both at once; you never want to block the double ones

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

If anyone ever makes a big e3 excel spreadsheet that only shows est, post it!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I watch the Giant Bomb coverage of those pressers, I need an ironic filter over them and cannot imagine watching them straight

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Montalvo posted:

This is the proper format for a first-time DS1 run.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I like seeing YouTube personalities I like (super best friends, easy allies) marking out for big reveals tailored specifically to their fav series. And cynically making fun of the dumb bullshit ofc.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I miss the heady e3 days of skittles the tiger and milo, who was eaten by skittles.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It’s actually even better than you can possibly imagine. It is the perfect PS4 game.

Not while the Bubsy sequel exists bub

e: I genuinely enjoy that the power of irony has resurrected this lovely game series for no reason.

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

Montalvo posted:

Hello,

gently caress the Capra Demon.

As someone who was legitimately stuck on that poo poo for a month back in the day, before trying out all the spicy pro strats make sure you actually have some poise as it'll dramatically improve your chances of not getting stunlocked to death the instant you pop your head through the door.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

beep by grandpa posted:

If anyone ever makes a big e3 excel spreadsheet that only shows est, post it!

It's UTC-4.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I watch the Giant Bomb coverage of those pressers, I need an ironic filter over them and cannot imagine watching them straight

Seriously, you need to be in a discord channel of disaffected nerds or watching a panel of jaded gamesmen or something. Nobody should apply that much marketing to themselves without some kind of buffer.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

RBA Starblade posted:

Not while the Bubsy sequel exists bub

e: I genuinely enjoy that the power of irony has resurrected this lovely game series for no reason.

Missed opportunity to make a "puuuurfect" pun, imho

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What filter protects you from giantbomb though?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

1redflag posted:

Missed opportunity to make a "puuuurfect" pun, imho

I have failed the forums :negative:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
What's the secret to Bloodborne? I have finished all the Souls games including the Remaster and Demon's. I have tried Bloodborne but always bounce off pretty hard in the first area. I think the hordes of dudes are pretty terrible as an intro to the game because you either have to pick them off one by one or take a chance on getting super hosed up or killed by the game's first chump enemies. It feels different enough from Dark Souls that I could be approaching the game all wrong but it feels way too easy to die.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I've never been able to understand the appeal of giant bomb, they're far too disconnected and cynical for my tastes from what I've seen. I like genuine excitement and hype, but sparing helpings of cynicism unless it's funny (like this thread). Super best friends are supremely my poo poo for all of the above

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Bombadilillo posted:

A good choice. Make sure boost mode is on (always) and if you are going to upgrade the hdd, dont be lazy do it now before you sink time into it.

Also hope you deactivated your old ps4

I'm gifting the old ps4 to my girlfriend and activating it as the primary ps4 so that she can play some of the games on there.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

DrNutt posted:

What's the secret to Bloodborne? I have finished all the Souls games including the Remaster and Demon's. I have tried Bloodborne but always bounce off pretty hard in the first area. I think the hordes of dudes are pretty terrible as an intro to the game because you either have to pick them off one by one or take a chance on getting super hosed up or killed by the game's first chump enemies. It feels different enough from Dark Souls that I could be approaching the game all wrong but it feels way too easy to die.

Just run past em if it's tedious, the game really pickled up for me later on

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Play as a humongous cowardman and run from things that seem scary or tedious, two hand the biggest weapon you can (for weapons that transform into a two hand form) and bash things on the head when you can't run, ring your bell if you're stuck on a boss. Put all your points in hp, stamina, and strength (and enough dex to hit the minimum stat to use whatever big weapon you've got).

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

DrNutt posted:

What's your prefer souls build?

Bloodborne forces a dex (style) build until you git gud. It plays very differently, agressivley and despite its goonpraise that's not for everyone.

Also how far you get? It starts off not letting you level until you see(and probably die to) the first boss but after that you can grind to better deal with those mobs that kill you at level 1

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

RBA Starblade posted:

humongous cowardman

My favorite Metal Gear boss

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

seiferguy posted:

I'm gifting the old ps4 to my girlfriend and activating it as the primary ps4 so that she can play some of the games on there.

Cool, she can play everything always as primary. As secondary you will HAVE to be online or be using a disk to play things.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Bombadilillo posted:

What's your prefer souls build?

Bloodborne forces a dex (style) build until you git gud. It plays very differently, agressivley and despite its goonpraise that's not for everyone.

Also how far you get? It starts off not letting you level until you see(and probably die to) the first boss but after that you can grind to better deal with those mobs that kill you at level 1

I like Dex and Str personally, halberds and big swords are my jam. I just keep dying to the big mob around the bonfire because after a certain point I start rushing because there's so many enemies it's tedious.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Bombadilillo posted:

Cool, she can play everything always as primary. As secondary you will HAVE to be online or be using a disk to play things.

That's fine by me.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

DrNutt posted:

I like Dex and Str personally, halberds and big swords are my jam. I just keep dying to the big mob around the bonfire because after a certain point I start rushing because there's so many enemies it's tedious.

You get an excellent big sword that morphs into a quick dex sword fairly early that I cant stop using despite trying. It's a bit in if I can recall.

https://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Ludwig%27s+Holy+Blade

I think it would be extremely your jam if you can push to there. Big guys can be parried pretty easy. Shoot when their momentum comes fwd.

It's a game where you spend 3 hours in the first area the first time you play and 15 minutes there playing again. Forced tutorial.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

DrNutt posted:

Actually...you just gave me an idea. I want to record and post a vid here of me being aggressive as gently caress in the first area up until cleric beast. Just to show how the game can be played.

Thread gets to pick my char name, gender and weapon? If the Bloodborne newb picks for me then that supercedes anything else I see...the goal is to get to cleric beast within 15min. Whether I beat him or not, well...

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Bombadilillo posted:

You get an excellent big sword that morphs into a quick dex sword fairly early that I cant stop using despite trying. It's a bit in if I can recall.

https://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Ludwig%27s+Holy+Blade

I think it would be extremely your jam if you can push to there. Big guys can be parried pretty easy. Shoot when their momentum comes fwd.

It's a game where you spend 3 hours in the first area the first time you play and 15 minutes there playing again. Forced tutorial.

Yeah, I get it. I'm just coming off the Souls games which despite their reputations, ease you into things a lot more. After attempt 6 I finally killed all those bonfire dudes and am ready to keep pushing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

beep by grandpa posted:

Actually...you just gave me an idea. I want to record and post a vid here of me being aggressive as gently caress in the first area up until cleric beast. Just to show how the game can be played.

Thread gets to pick my char name, gender and weapon? If the Bloodborne newb picks for me then that supercedes anything else I see...the goal is to get to cleric beast within 15min. Whether I beat him or not, well...

I'd love to see this. I'm sure it can be done though I certainly doubt my own ability. I'm absolutely poo poo when it comes to timing and I almost always dodge/backstab as much as possible in Souls games, so parrying is usually something I live without. Doesn't seem doable in Bloodborne so I'm hoping I can get better.