Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Congrats on the smile Pick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Well, I’m so glad I copied b-ball babby’s comments meltdown, because it’s all deleted now.

You don’t need to go to an NBA game with your girlfriend, because Reddit was there to provide you with plenty of dunks.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
Congrats on the positive human interaction, Pick

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

Pick posted:

Seriously she and her classy, softly waved short hair and bright smile just made me gay again. im back

Hi, I'm the tall lady and I'd be more attracted to you if you'd shut up.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Thank god PICK is GAY again maybe she’ll finally leave MEN alone!!!!

I [30 M] feel that my sexual needs have probably never been met by my wife of less than a year [30 F]. I'm getting hit on a lot lately, it makes me feel good about myself and it's becoming really hard to ignore. Do I tell her?

quote:

EDIT: That title really isn't right but I can't edit that so I'll leave it. It's really not long enough for me to not sound vain and self-centred and is probably a bit confusing but hear me out...

First thing's first, the background.

I really do love my wife but over the years, there's always been a lack of what I felt effort or drive from her to have a fulfilling sexual relationship.

Now, other parts of our relationship have always been good enough for me to almost accept what little effort she does put in or the low drive that she has (hence going ahead and getting married) but it's become particularly bad since we did tie-the-knot:

The sex is always very vanilla, once a week at the most. Same time, same place, never initiated anywhere but in bed and if I initiate anywhere but there I get knocked back. I even have kinks and things that I don't share with her because I know they'd never happen, which I was fine with for a time, everyone is different.

We've spoken about it over the years and it always ends with her upset but then nothing being done about it. I've made suggestions on new things to try, different foods to eat, done plenty of research on how to even decrease my own libido to save her having to do things she doesn't want to do or put too much pressure on her. I love her after all.

In truth I just don't think she enjoys it like I do and is literally only doing it with minimal effort to please me. She doesn't actually seem like she wants to rectify the issue or even aware there is a huge problem. Apparently she tells her friends we have a great sex life(?!).

I think I might be nearing my wit's end with it though.

And now the issue from the title. I was really overweight for a very long time and then recently lost it all, started looking after myself, dressing better etc. It's really hard for me to articulate this as I'm not self-centred or a confident person (I still feel fat) and it feels weird typing it out as it's a problem a lot of people wish they had but every time I go out at the moment to bars or even for a few drinks with friends, I'm getting hit on constantly by not unattractive women, often multiple times a night.

I tell them I'm married (I'm surprised how many are into that!) and sometimes have a quick chat as I do genuinely like talking to new people but never followed up with flirting or sex.

The thing is though, with not being shown any sort of sexual attention or made to feel attractive at home in my relationship I feel like I'm starting to enjoy it (I can't help this) and I will admit it's extremely flattering and confidence boosting. It really does make me feel good about myself in a way that I'm not made to feel by my wife. I'm afraid it'll get too intoxicating and then I'll want it to progress. I don't want to cheat on my wife but at the same time I don't think I can ignore what this issue is telling me.

Is this the sort of thing I share with my wife? I don't want to be vindictive but might it help her to understand how serious the issue has gotten? We've gone over our sex life multiple times and I've never seen any marked change in her attitude towards me so I'm getting a little desperate.

tl;dr I don't feel like my wife wants me sexually any more, and doesn't seem to want to change that. Would telling her that others do help or is that nasty?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

LadyPictureShow posted:

Well, I’m so glad I copied b-ball babby’s comments meltdown, because it’s all deleted now.

You don’t need to go to an NBA game with your girlfriend, because Reddit was there to provide you with plenty of dunks.

Part of being a friend much less a partner is pretending to enjoy stupid events. Guy’s gotta grow up

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

fruit on the bottom posted:

I [30 M] feel that my sexual needs have probably never been met by my wife of less than a year [30 F]. I'm getting hit on a lot lately, it makes me feel good about myself and it's becoming really hard to ignore. Do I tell her?

Open the relationship.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Divorce now while you have no kids. You had no business marrying someone with that kind of known issue in the first place.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

See I was just telling my GF yesterday that reading all this has taught me not all cheaters are selfish assholes, sometimes they're simply human beings in a lovely relationship. They should still leave before they cheat but I can't work up the hate everyone else has in cases like this dude (he's going to cheat)

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Pick posted:

A really cute tall woman smiled at me and I’ve been horny all day. Horny and unproductive.

Ducks do this

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I got visited by Glenda the Sex Witch of the South and all I got were some red gently caress me pumps

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

quote:

I've made suggestions on new things to try, different foods to eat, done plenty of research on how to even decrease my own libido
Green M&Ms didn't work, smashing dick with a hammer didn't work.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Admiral Ray posted:

Open the relationship.

this but unironically, it's win-win on his part whether she says yes or it leads to a divorce

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Having sex once a week and complaining must really burn the chaps of that guy who was married for years and he and his wife still didnt have sex

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Rubellavator posted:

Crowds and yelling are fun activities. Don't have to care for the sport.

This is truth. I had a blast watching the Kansas City Wizards play a game in the pouring rain. Just me, some buds in trash bags and like 50 other people. Also, dollar beers. I even got to yell at David Beckham!

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants

tsa posted:

What an incredibly stupid thing to think.

Maybe if you ever make a friend you'll see that there's nothing weird about sharing a bed with one

My new boyfriend [25/M] is getting a tattoo relating to his ex?

quote:

u/MutedDream

Okay, so I've known my boyfriend almost a year now and we've been close friends all that time. Then a couple of months ago he admitted he had feelings for me so we started seeing each other. We aren't even "official" yet but because we've been close for a while it feels like things are heading in a good direction and I'm pretty confident we both love each other every much.

He'd been talking about wanting to get a tattoo of a lynx (the animal) for a while and he showed me this design he liked which I really approved of. But earlier today I decided to look up his ex online. I'm not sure what prompted me to do this (general curiosity I suppose). After browsing through her Twitter and Instagram accounts I saw that she'd recently got a lynx tattoo as well, and judging by her history she's been obsessed with lynxes for years and I saw a post from last year where her boyfriend (now my boyfriend) got her loads of lynx related gifts.

I know this is probably a silly thing to worry about, but I can't help but feel like my boyfriend wants to get a lynx tattoo as it connects him to her and that makes me feel like I'll always be second best. Like, I know he was very much in love with her but they broke up because she cheated on him.

Since I've known him she's tried to contact him many times and once when I was sleeping in his bed, she was calling him all throughout the night (he didn't answer). So I guess I'm worried one day he'll cave and want her back. It's not like he's ever really mentioned his love for lynxes, apart from the tattoo. It seems like it was purely HER thing.

I don't know if I should talk to him about this as it might make me seem really creepy looking through his ex's old posts, especially since we've not been together long. But now every time he talks about getting the lynx tattoo I feel so anxious. What should I do?

TL;DR -- My boyfriend wants to get a lynx tattoo, but I've only just realised his ex was obsessed with lynxes. Do you think this is related to her? Does he still think of her as the love of his life?

Lol he's trying to lure his ex back in by tattooing a lynx on his dick or something

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Barudak posted:

I got visited by Glenda the Sex Witch of the South and all I got were some red gently caress me pumps

Please don't post my Wicked/Kinky Boots fanfiction.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

girl pants posted:

Maybe if you ever make a friend you'll see that there's nothing weird about sharing a bed with one

My new boyfriend [25/M] is getting a tattoo relating to his ex?

Lol he's trying to lure his ex back in by tattooing a lynx on his dick or something

Nothing like getting the wild cat with a napoleon complex tattood on you to win back your ex.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I (25 F) was given a bombshell letter from my SO (27 M) that he told me to open on my plane leaving the country for 2.5 months.

Guess the bombshell!

Hi all, using a throwaway for this. I’ve been seeing this guy for about 5 months who I met online. We really hit it off and have been dating happily - until now!

He is from India and told me when we met he is studying in the US on a student visa getting a masters in IT while also working part time. He is an incredibly sweet guy and fun to be around, I’ve really enjoyed dating him. I thought we could have a serious future.

I will be working abroad for 2.5 months over the summer and will not see him during this time, which he has known since we started seeing each other. He told me about a week or two before I left he was going to write me a letter that he wanted me to open and read on my airplane leaving the country. True to my word, I did not open the letter until I was on the plane.

In the letter he told me he has been lying to me about school since we met, he works 5 days a week for cash under the table. He is not getting his masters. It wasn’t a total lie in that he did start an IT program when he first came to the US, but neither he nor his family could afford the tuition. He tried for scholarships and financial aid, but that did not pan out and he later did some sort of IT certificate program. So he does work in IT at some place (which I thought was part time but is actually full time). But I have no clue what his visa status is, and since he’s not in school I think he might be staying in the country illegally (but I’m no expert on how visas work).

I really don’t know how to feel about this. On the one hand I feel awful that he has struggled so much to live in the US and that he has no support system to help him achieve his goals - I want to help him. But on the other hand I feel totally dismayed and upset that he would lie to me for so long.

He seems genuinely remorseful about this and said he was so embarrassed. He wanted to tell me in person, but couldn’t bring himself to do it. I think it is a white lie from our first date that somehow snowballed out of control for him.

I would really like to pursue this relationship further, but I feel very hurt and confused right now about this. What do I do, Reddit?

TL;DR: My SO of 5 months told me in a letter as I was leaving the country for the summer that he’s been lying to me; he isn’t getting his masters like he has been saying since I met him.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
He’s cheating on her and that’s his cover story.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I wanted more, like a “Im actually your clone except with a Y chromosome and am one of the masked maniacs who have been running through the walls of your house screaming the lyrics to “I love a parade””

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I thought "secret family"

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I feel bad, for the dude

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

My [20F] boyfriend's [30M] roomate [29F] and I have never gotten along. Last night she walked out of her room completely naked and came up and aggressively talked to us. I am so upset and don't know whether to issue an ultimatum or not.

quote:

Characters:

Me - 20F Boyfriend - Tyler 30M Boyfriends Roomate - Gina 29F

So basically Tyler and I have been dating for a little over a year now. He's a great guy. We are both introverts and love the same activities and have similar goals. Things are going well between us I would say.

At least until now.

So according to Tyler he and Gina have been friends for years. Way before I came into the picture. Apparently they dated for a month or so and Tyler didn't see how a future with them would work out, so he broke it off, but they remained close friends.

I knew about Gina but never met her until she and Tyler moved in together. They kind of lost touch when Gina got married. No falling out, life just got in the way kind of thing.

So Gina is now getting divorced and asked Tyler to room with her. Tyler has been living with his parents for years. He's close with his family and comes from a culture where it is common for children to live with their parents until they get married. He's very laid back and easy going and since his parents don't make him pay rent, he saw no reason to move out until now. He's told me before he's more than happy to eventually have his own place (he's lived on his own before but moved in with his parents after a bad breakup with an ex gf) but has never seen the point of moving out until now.

So he came to me and asked me what I thought and if I'd be ok with it.

Honestly, I didn't like it. But I guess I didn't want to be seen as a control freak. I told Tyler I wanted to actually move in together and he said he understands and eventually wants that too, but he isn't ready at this point in our relationship to make that move. He says he wants another year of dating before he makes that kind of commitment.

I admit I got a bit hurt and angry and asked why he's ok moving in with Gina then but not me and he said "because I'm not dating and in a relationship with Gina. She's my friend. There's a big difference between a friendship/roommate relationship and moving in with a romantic partner."

Tyler also said he genuinely enjoys and likes Gina as a friend and she's one of the few people he could not only stand living with, but actually enjoy it and he wanted to help her out since she was having a rough time with the divorce.

I saw the logic of what he was saying and said it was fine. I had some concerns that they used to date but Tyler said that was several years ago, it was only for a month, and they never even had sex. It was purely platonic between them now. He offered for us all to hang out so we could get comfortable with each other and that Gina was open to meeting me and he had told her a lot about me.

So, he isn't hiding me and isn't trying to keep either of us a secret from the other. This is good. I trust Tyler. I just didn't know Gina.

We met up for lunch and we didn't really click. She's a super bubbly extrovert and that type of person just isn't really my thing. I admit I was a bit intimidated. She's very tall and quite pretty. Not what I was expecting.

I have social anxiety on top of being an introvert myself so I admit I probably wasn't as friendly as I could have been. But like I said, I don't click with people like her. By the end of lunch she wasn't paying me much attention and was chatting it up with Tyler so it wasn't a big success.

Tyler asked me if I felt better and I really didn't. But I didn't want to tell my boyfriend that I don't want him moving in with his friend because I don't really like her and she's pretty. So I fudged the truth and said I was fine with them moving in together.

Here's where the trouble started. Gina pretty much ignored me on moving day short of offering me food and wine for helping move stuff. She seemed much more short and cold with me than our first meeting. I declined.

I visit Tyler in his apartment often. I admit it's nice having him to myself without worrying about a family member busting in to his room. Gina pretty much ignored me whenever I came over except for an occasional "Hi OP."

She seemed to get more and more tense as time went on. I even saw her roll her eyes a few times when I'd come over and she'd be there or she'd come home from work and see me or when I came out of Tyler's room after spending the night.

She's been frigid and icily offering me coffee and breakfast. I always said no thank you.

Tyler sat me down a month ago and said we need to cool it with how often you come over because Gina feels I'm spending too much time at the apartment.

Which is ridiculous because they have a roommate agreement of guests only spending the night 2-3x a week which Tyler and I had been sticking to, but whatever.

I stopped spending the night as much but I would go over and still hangout because it's Tyler's place too and I wasn't using any utilities. I spent more time in Tyler's room to stay away from Gina. I offered to cook several times but Gina would always curtly dismiss my attempts.

It finally came to a head last night. I came over to hangout with Tyler and we were headed towards his room when Gina comes out completely naked.

She just smiles real big at me and says "Oh hi OP. Imagine seeing you here again." She then turns to Tyler and starts talking about some car repair she needs to get done and all this normal mundane stuff. It would be considered idle chatter except for, you know, SHE'S TOTALLY NAKED.

I was mortified and so uncomfotable I felt like I was going to have an anxiety attack. Tyler seemed shocked and was all "woah, um, did you forget something?"

She just smiles again and says "Nah not really. What's the point of having your own place if you have to wear clothes all the time." Then she looks right at me and grinned even wider.

I practically ran out, jumped in my car and drove home. I was crying and having a total anxiety meltdown. I couldn't help but wonder are they sleeping together, does Gina just walk around naked all the time around my boyfriend?

Tyler has texted and called but I haven't responded. His last text said "I'm truly sorry about what happened. Can we please talk about it? If you need time to respond that's ok, but we do need to discuss it."

I'm way too agitated and upset to respond. I hate Gina so much and am considering giving Tyler an ultimatum. He moves out and goes no contact with her, or I walk. Problem is, I'm not so sure he'd choose me. Which hurts me so much. I don't know what to do. I could use some perspective.

TL;DR Boyfriend's roommate and I have never gotten along. Things came to a head when she walked out completely naked and acted like some villain in a movie. I'm considering giving my boyfriend an ultimatum. He needs to move out and go no contact with her, or we break up. But I'm not sure if I should.

The naked man only works 1/3 of the time.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

That post was long enough Ive had the time to learn how to play some sultry saxophone solos for the next time the roomate comes out nude

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
A common reading would suggest she wants to gently caress Tyler, however I believe that would be sorely mistaken. She’s actually a secret lesbian which is why:

-She and Tyler dated but never had sex
-her marriage failed
-she was initially ok with OP coming over but then wanted her over less (couldn’t deal with the emerging feelings
-pulled the naked man when she was there and not during the plentitude of times it would just be her and Tyler.

Conclusion: she wants to gently caress OP.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

La Brea Carpet posted:

My [20F] boyfriend's [30M] roomate [29F] and I have never gotten along. Last night she walked out of her room completely naked and came up and aggressively talked to us. I am so upset and don't know whether to issue an ultimatum or not.

rare footage of an ultimatum being considered in an actually good scenario for one

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Conclusion: she wants to gently caress OP.

I agree with this post.

Which leads us to the next important question for OP: Is Gina hot?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

I agree with this post.

Which leads us to the next important question for OP: Is Gina hot?

she describes her as 'very tall and quite pretty' so between this and pick earlier i think there's just something about tall ladies

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
OP: time to climb that mountain

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gina’s neck is like a tower of ivory, and her bosoms like two frolicking fawns.

Roommate of Roommates, Chapter 2:Verse 6

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
PS

quote:

"I'm truly sorry about what happened. Can we please talk about it? If you need time to respond that's ok, but we do need to discuss it." 

BF is absolutely going to chuck a threesome hail mary here

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

tyler should dump op and go out with gina if only because op mentioned that she was introvert in the first sentence and did so again and again throughout the whole loving thing. we get it, you're socially retarded.

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe
I don't think Gina and Tyler should date. They should absolutely get a joint Tinder account though.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
I also cry when naked ladies talk to me so I empathize hard with this person.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

tyler's gf sounds really tiresome to be around, and there's this whole cadre of like super introspective but also really incapable of handling many situations person and they write and write and write about their feelings and for gently caress's sake. it's like a reddit thing.

here's 10 pages of how it felt to be made fun of at the party:

no I get it, it sucked, why not spend some time working on the poo poo instead of recounting it in the goriest detail possible so that the cosmic scribes can use it in their grand ledger for judgement day

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

La Brea Carpet posted:

Hahahahahahaha

I feel like Gina has been dropping increasingly less subtle hints that she doesn't want this girl around and then finally just decided to go for broke

Also lol they started dating when he was 29 and she was 19

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Yet another situation that would have been solved by laughing in their face ruined by being so fragile that you run out of the house and have an anxiety attack instead.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

girl pants posted:

Also lol they started dating when he was 29 and she was 19

oof, totally missed that part. no wonder gina correctly thought she could intimidate her ex's new young squeeze into looking like the crazy unreasonable one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

I'm not trying to make fun of it but when people's posts references their anxiety and their anxiety attacks multiple times, yeesh. It seems like a grim existence.

Like a cashier asks them something unexpected, time for a good cry in the car, that just seems like a rough way to go through life.

A naked person? To the cry chamber!