Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

King Vidiot posted:

Okay... how, exactly? It's retail price. I mean it looks worth retail price but don't post stuff like that if, you know, there's no actual "sale" of any kind going on.

I was kidding, that dude sounded like a used car salesmen for developer for the game selling it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

The Lobster posted:

I don't even have a daughter yet and I've decided my daughter (or son) will have a 2DS as their first gaming system when they are like 3 or 4. It helps that I picked one up at TRU on sale for my collection the other day and it will still be essentially brand new in, I dunno, five, six years when I presumably have a three year old? Depending upon how persuasive my boyfriend is.

You sure post about yourself a lot in the switch thread.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Nintendo updated the eShop to include a Featured tab. There's also a "Downloadable Only" filter.

E: ^^^ What's your point?

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
My point is it's weird and you should stop.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Yo was the 3DS Pokemon good? I'm rediscovering my n3DS since JRPGs finally clicked for me. I'm in heaven.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Maybe you're weird and you should stop.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Housh posted:

Yo was the 3DS Pokemon good? I'm rediscovering my n3DS since JRPGs finally clicked for me. I'm in heaven.

Very. Don’t know about the ultra heavenly bodies versions but sun and moon were pretty great

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Maybe we are all weird and we should all stop? JK we should all keep going

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
You guys know what comes out tomorrow?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJaamHrGgvs

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Housh posted:

Sun and Moon were good but USUM were kinda too much of the same, they came out like a year after Sun and Moon and didn't change very much.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
I kinda like that it lets some personality come through her posts.

Mario Tennis demo is over, so maybe I'll rewatch Baby Steps for my tennis fix until later this month.

There's been a few posts, but I don't see enough people talk about how good Wizard of Legend is. I bought it because it was in the top 2 best sellers earlier, and the only other game that I've played since has been Tennis.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
i dropped my switch in the worst possible way, screen down on a table corner, and the techmatte glass screen protector someone linked here absolutely saved it. broke the glass itself, but the screen underneath doesn't have a mark on it. one of the best recommendations i've gotten, thanks switch thread

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Went out and got my cable, Thanks goons!

Far simpler then I thought hahaha

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
^ ^ ^ PLEASE stop posting about yourselves!!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Fun Times! posted:

^ ^ ^ PLEASE stop posting about yourselves!!

Okay, let's post about you.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Midjack posted:

the wii u is dead

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

a.lo posted:

the wii u is dead

Spoilers, Jesus.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Housh posted:

If you don't have SuMo, then I'd say just jump in and grab USUM. It's a great game that ditches a lot of the bad Pokemon tropes and feels more like a modern RPG. Highly recommend it.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

OOOs came out like 7 years ago

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

a.lo posted:

the wii u is dead

How can you be so sure?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Modus Pwnens posted:

How can you be so sure?

It was never alive

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Midjack posted:

He seems like a big jerk

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Housh posted:

I’m currently 16 hours into Sun and once I got out of the tutorial section I’ve been digging the poo poo out of it. I put it aside to play West of Loathing and Yoku’s Island Express but I plan on jumping right back in.

They really frontload it with a murderer’s row of fan favorite Pokémon and I’ve never been more conflicted with my team choices before. The new Pokémon I’ve seen have also been pretty compelling, most notably Morelull (a mushroom focusing on stat changes/health draining and recovery) and Mudbrey (a doofy little ground-type donkey).

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
That Yoku game looks fun as heck! How open is the open world? Is it like exploring any where you want it exploring until you reach an item check ala Metroid?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

He seems like a big jerk

My personal feeling is that you are correct.

I think people should be cool and chill and friendly in the switch thread.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Aquasnake posted:

I kinda like that it lets some personality come through her posts.

Mario Tennis demo is over, so maybe I'll rewatch Baby Steps for my tennis fix until later this month.

The French Open is happening right now

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I was not excited for Mario Tennis and now I’m too excited for Mario Tennis. I’m going to watch BORG/MCENROE every day until it’s out I guess.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

JackDarko posted:

I was not excited for Mario Tennis and now I’m too excited for Mario Tennis. I’m going to watch BORG/MCENROE every day until it’s out I guess.

Watch some Navratilova matches from back in the day. Technique and power.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Which Mario Tennis character will yell at the chair umpire the most

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Which Mario Tennis character will yell at the chair umpire the most

Waluigi

why is this even a question

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

everyone cheating but waluigi

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wildtortilla posted:

That Yoku game looks fun as heck! How open is the open world? Is it like exploring any where you want it exploring until you reach an item check ala Metroid?

It guides you, but half of it is figuring out where you need to go. There are a couple items you need to access specific sections of the game, but I did some wandering and found some stuff slightly out of order.

As for how open it is—well, you can (eventually) get everywhere in the map, but there are some roadblocks. It’s actually really pretty close to a Metroid title, and I’ve done a LOT of backtracking trying to find collectibles.

My only (slight) nitpick is that while there is an unlock mid-game for an excellent fast travel method for the surface level, backtracking to get to anything underground is a bit of a chore. Considering that most Metroidvanias don’t have any fast travel, I’m ultimately okay with it. Also the map doesn’t zoom in as much as I would like, but, again, the map is WAY more detailed than your average Metroidvania anyway, I’m really nitpicking here. Ultimately it’s a 10/10 for me, a beautiful game with unique gameplay, excellent writing and strong world building.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I wish the tournament commentary in Aces was fully voiced in that Toad voice.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

lelandjs posted:

It guides you, but half of it is figuring out where you need to go. There are a couple items you need to access specific sections of the game, but I did some wandering and found some stuff slightly out of order.

As for how open it iswell, you can (eventually) get everywhere in the map, but there are some roadblocks. Its actually really pretty close to a Metroid title, and Ive done a LOT of backtracking trying to find collectibles.

My only (slight) nitpick is that while there is an unlock mid-game for an excellent fast travel method for the surface level, backtracking to get to anything underground is a bit of a chore. Considering that most Metroidvanias dont have any fast travel, Im ultimately okay with it. Also the map doesnt zoom in as much as I would like, but, again, the map is WAY more detailed than your average Metroidvania anyway, Im really nitpicking here. Ultimately its a 10/10 for me, a beautiful game with unique gameplay, excellent writing and strong world building.

I just realized the text below your avatar is a link and now I'm reading this sweet comic about cats. A+

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

a.lo posted:

the wii u is dead

Played my Wii U today, it was fun. Wii U is good

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

The Bloop posted:

My personal feeling is that you are correct.

I think people should be cool and chill and friendly in the switch thread.

I was mocking Jizz Festival who was actually being a jerk. Though that might make me a big jerk too idk

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Ventana posted:

Played my Wii U today, it was fun. Wii U is good

I played like the first 10 mins of Twilight Princess HD today

BotW was such a collossal upgrade over that and WW

SD87
Jun 7, 2011
I’m hyped about a new fallout game but im still hoping fallout 3 is ported to the switch :/

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

SD87 posted:

I’m hyped about a new fallout game but im still hoping fallout 3 is ported to the switch :/

Why in God's name would you want that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Fun Times! posted:

I was mocking Jizz Festival who was actually being a jerk. Though that might make me a big jerk too idk

That poster's first two posts in this thread involve them sharing the fact that they have wrinkles and that they like to have background videos on while cooking and cleaning so I don't quite know where they get off going after The Lobster. We also have lots of posters in here talk about how they share games with their families/friends/children and I think it's neat to hear about sometimes, especially in the case of Labo which is definitely not for me but nice to hear others are having fun with.

• Locked thread