Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

He is pretty clearly watching the ball as he runs. It honestly looks to me like he was just being a bonehead, and the umps made the right call calling him out via interference. I dont think much of anything else should or will be done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Ahh the weekly rainout...

https://twitter.com/pcaldera/status/1002642328010575874

This is where the Gray/Sanchez thing starts to become problematic... Also Hicks literally can do nothing to not play every day.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jun 1, 2018

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
OF COURSE Gray lets Machado beat him....

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

mcmagic posted:

OF COURSE Gray lets Machado beat him....

I'm not really sure what you're expecting here. Gray is terrible. He's going to be terrible.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

mikeraskol posted:

I'm not really sure what you're expecting here. Gray is terrible. He's going to be terrible.

If he can't pitch a good game against even this horrible lineup he probably should be taken out of the rotation.

Edit: The 2 yankees that have the best AB's with RISP are Romine and Torres....

Also, Gray is pitching well. So I guess we found a team he can beat.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jun 2, 2018

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I mean, Manny Machado is very good at baseball.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I hate Betances.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Even when they're terrible the Yankees are good, apparently?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

Even when they're terrible the Yankees are good, apparently?

Gray pitched well.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Andujar loving owns. He needs to get a little bit more patient, and needs to get better on defense, but he should never ever go back to the minors. He's an extremely productive player now and can work on that at the major league level.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

mikeraskol posted:

Andujar loving owns. He needs to get a little bit more patient, and needs to get better on defense, but he should never ever go back to the minors. He's an extremely productive player now and can work on that at the major league level.

He's going to be a Miguel Tejada type player. A multiple all star. They tried hard to bury him too.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

My only real worry with this team is if all the young guys break out at the same time and they're forced to trade some of them away cause there aren't enough roster spots but end up getting rid of the "for real" players while keeping the overachievers.

But really though if that's the thing I'm most worried about then the Yankees are in a pretty good spot to say the least.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

It's going to be very lovely if they lose the division because they end up having to play like 5 double headers in a month...

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

mcmagic posted:

It's going to be very lovely if they lose the division because they end up having to play like 5 double headers in a month...

It’s also bullshit that ESPN picked up their game on the Sunday in Toronto(July 8), with the MLB and ESPN making the decision without asking the Yankees. So that makes it an 8pm game then they would all have to go through immigration and customs before flying to a double header in Baltimore that same morning.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

I'm listening to the game on the radio since I'm at work. I haven't done so in a while, and good GOD Waldman and Sterling are just loving awful. This is so atrocious.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Maybe Sanchez should be Romine's backup...

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

mcmagic posted:

Maybe Sanchez should be Romine's backup...

https://twitter.com/RiverAveBlues/status/1003700471213813762

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
Today's game has been excellent for my workflow. just severino putting tigers to sleep and then every so often a good bat crack to give me the spark to get past a day of menial tasks. good stuff.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Severino is just effortlessly great.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

mcmagic posted:

Severino is just effortlessly great.

I'm tempted to go trawl Twitter and collect some takes about him from 2016, but :effort:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Gleyber's D has been sloppy.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

mcmagic posted:

Gleyber's D has been sloppy.

kinky

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...paign=editorial

Aaron Boone is pissed at ESPN!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I probably would have let Holder finish the game but a W is a W.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Eh, better calling Chapman in before it got out of hand. There's no guarantee he'll be needed tonight.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

STAC Goat posted:

Eh, better calling Chapman in before it got out of hand. There's no guarantee he'll be needed tonight.

Yeah, it's not like Green and D-Rob aren't capable of closing, too.

Just irked me a little to see the immediate "Save situation = call for the closer" given the 2 outs and all.

EDIT:
https://twitter.com/YankeesPR/status/1003739983218380800

Concerning. Hopefully just an arm strength issue since Kahnle has been a couple MPH low on his velo.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jun 4, 2018

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

How do we keep Frazier at the major league level? And playing every day.

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jun 5, 2018

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

mikeraskol posted:

How do we keep Frazier at the major league level? And playing every day.

Someone gets hurt

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It's possible it's already in the works. I was expected him to get demoted between games for Warren but they sent Kahnle down. That could suggest that they want to keep Frazier around and they might send Austin or a pitcher down after Game 2. I think that would still give then 7 relievers with Austin, Frazier, Walker, and Romine on the bench.

At that point Frazier's basically competing with Hicks for that 4th OF spot but Boone seem to really enjoy juggling guys.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

It's possible it's already in the works. I was expected him to get demoted between games for Warren but they sent Kahnle down. That could suggest that they want to keep Frazier around and they might send Austin or a pitcher down after Game 2. I think that would still give then 7 relievers with Austin, Frazier, Walker, and Romine on the bench.

At that point Frazier's basically competing with Hicks for that 4th OF spot but Boone seem to really enjoy juggling guys.

They sent Kahnle down because he's lost 4-5mph on his fastball and needs to get more consistent work to build up his arm strength, at least according to Marakovitz. I don't think it had anything to do with Frazier.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

For sure, that's why Kahnle was an option. I'm just reading tea leaves and being hopeful. But that might be nonsense.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

More kicking the ball around...

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I think Frazier is honestly kind of a liability on defense :ssh:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
With the 23rd overall pick of the MLB draft the Yankees select Anthony Seigler, the Switch-Hitting, Switch-Pitching MLB Draft Gem

https://twitter.com/CespedesBBQ/status/1003759129888993280

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Why isn't Green in this game? He was warming up.....

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

mcmagic posted:

Why isn't Green in this game? He was warming up.....

Yeah, I don't know why you go with Warren in that spot.

I guess maybe they didn't want Green throwing a couple of pitches then sitting for a while?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Judge looks so bad sometimes...

The yankees haven't swept a DH in 5 years... They are almost automatic splits it seems like.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jun 5, 2018

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

mcmagic posted:

Hicks and Gardner have been very slimier players this season that both have been relatively replacement level. And that is with Gardner having a pretty bad season by his standards.

This opinion is hilariously bad. They both play great defense and are OBP machines, ever before Gardner's recent surge. They're both really good. Why do you want everyone to be a Joe Carter clone.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Kim Jong Il posted:

This opinion is hilariously bad. They both play great defense and are OBP machines, ever before Gardner's recent surge. They're both really good. Why do you want everyone to be a Joe Carter clone.

Right? Hicks plays decent defense in center and is OPSing .776 which is good for thirteenth in the league for all center fielders.

sometimes I wonder if Mcmagic even knows what baseball is.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I'd say Hicks plays above average defense, dude can move.

He dicked up that play yesterday but I think we can all agree the wind was moving the hell out of the ball.

Also mcmagic is hardly alone in this disease among Yankees fans that if they aren't #1 at their position they're poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

God drat bum, only the 13th best center fielder in the league what a trash, replacement level player smdh

• Locked thread