Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Frog Act posted:

Can anyone link me a TW:W mod that makes siege towers not able to attack literally everything you have in deployment? It'd be dope if it was save file compatible but I just want it in general because that is really dumb

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1158673011&searchtext=tower

I went into the workshop and typed "tower." You're welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

SirPhoebos posted:

My guess is the next Skaven LL will be a Grey Seer, since "The Prophet and the Seer" just writes itself as a DLC title.

Or they could call it "The Claw and the Paw!"

Only reason I'd say Ikkit Claw is probably a paid lord is cause the units they'd probably be adding for Skaven would be Jezzails, Stormfiends and/or ratling gunners and they'd fit with him pretty well whereas Thanquol is a pretty good free lord choice since he's kinda got that feel good fan favourite thing. They might make him like the White Dwarf actually, where you have to go into a Games Workshop initially to get a code for him.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

Dramicus posted:

I think it has to be Thanquol and Skavenblight.

Probably not, since he has to be in the Vortex map.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
I’m still holding out for “Pew in the Skink and Hauin in the Stink”.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

Weird question, but for people who know more about modding is it feasible for crafting to eventually be added to all factions? After playing a ton of Tomb Kings I'm just not feeling as into either elf faction again with the DLC.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Canopus250 posted:

Weird question, but for people who know more about modding is it feasible for crafting to eventually be added to all factions? After playing a ton of Tomb Kings I'm just not feeling as into either elf faction again with the DLC.

I was just about to post something like that too. I really dislike the item system in the game, especially for Warhammer 2 you get bombarded constantly every turn with so many poo poo items that i instantly go "i dont wanna deal with that". Would be much nicer if i could craft what i wanted and melt down what i didn't.

Oh and if you didn't know yet Canopus250, they added the crafting mechanic to Dwarves too if you are looking to play a different faction that also can do it.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

John Charity Spring posted:

Nobles are the ones who have the actual Assassinate ability. They're decent combatants but really shine for the Secure Influence action on the campaign map.

Mages of any kind, Loremasters of Hoeth, and Handmaidens are all good heroes to accompany armies. Loremasters have a grab-bag of magic (including healing and direct damage spells) and are good melee combatants too. Note that Mages can get the 'Incendiary' trait sometimes at the 40 influence cost level, which makes them extremely potent melee combatants on top of their usual magic traits, so keep an eye out there.

The true power of Mages, at least in the first ~100 turns of your campaign, is the Administrator influence trait they can get; -30% build time and costs in the local province, which stacks additively, which means that with 3 Administrators and the building commandment you build literally any structures in the game for free in one turn. For this reason alone I can never justify sending mages off with my armies because once you get them online they catapult you forward in tech. They also make taking territory extremely fast and powerful with HE, since you can conquer a province and reconfigure it in literally any way you want for no cost in just a couple turns. Mages also offer the Entrepeneur trait, which provides +30% income in a local province, which can be extremely lucrative in the right places. Basically Mages are much more useful logistically than they are tactically. Three administrator mages in a province that's about to go tier 5 can literally save you tens of thousands of gold.

Similarly, Nobles basically have to spend all their time getting influence. Influence is too precious and used for too many good things; it lets you freely manipulate all forms of diplomacy across the world as well as recruiting the best heroes and lords in the business, so it's pretty much mandatory to have them slinging sick burns at enemy towns 24/7 instead of wasting time fighting.

Loremasters generally provide sufficient magical support for HE armies, given that they have Earth Blood, Spirit Leech, Harmonic Convergence, and Melkoth's, and they're also good fighters. Handmaidens are also a great addition, since they provide the Replenishment passive that you lack if your Nobles aren't in your armies, they're good combatants, and their higher level skills are loving fantastic.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jun 5, 2018

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Modders already had dwarf crafting before the DLC / patch and it was supposed to used as a framework for the rest.

But they may have changed some things or made it easier. In ancycase, it would take someone willing to do it, and who goes "yah, I want to make bretonnia crafting"

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
I imagine all of the Chaos factions could use the same one, where your just spending influence (or just straight gold for Norsca) on “gifts” from one of the 4 chaos gods. Recycling can be renamed “make tribute”.

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

Legendary Ptarmigan posted:

I think the betting is on Lokhir Fellheart, starting with a special black ark somewhere interesting, or a less likely Malus Darkblade with some Chaos association.

Considering they're dusting off some interesting choices like Volkmar and Kemmler, I don't think it'd be outside the realm of possibility to see Beastlord Rakarth, either. Clar Karond would be the natural start, and it'd be a bonus towards harpies, manticores, and hydra. It would basically round out the sections of the Dark Elf army between Core Druchii (Malekith), Magic (Morathi), Cult of Khaine units (Hellebrone) and Beasts. It's still a bit of a long shot, but he had one of those sweet, :vomarine:vintage Warhammer:vomarine: models:

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Anyone familiar with modding can point me in the direction of how to remove the giant red swirly glow on the sword of khaine holder? Getting tired of seeing it 24/7 in my battles.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I imagine all of the Chaos factions could use the same one, where your just spending influence (or just straight gold for Norsca) on “gifts” from one of the 4 chaos gods. Recycling can be renamed “make tribute”.

Your chaos dwarf order has arrived and it is menacing with spikes

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Skaven more or less need three more Lords.

Ikkit Claw leading Clan Skrye in Skavenblight. Throt the Unclean leading Moulder in Hellpit. And Thanquol starting wherever he needs to.

Thanqoul taking control of a clan that is not his own makes sense. Maybe have him as a lord with multiple start positions being able to be selected part of Mors, Pestilens, Rictis, Skrye, or Moulder.

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

MonsterEnvy posted:

Ikkit Claw leading Clan Skrye in Skavenblight. Throt the Unclean leading Moulder in Hellpit. And Thanquol starting wherever he needs to.

Thanqoul taking control of a clan that is not his own makes sense. Maybe have him as a lord with multiple start positions being able to be selected part of Mors, Pestilens, Rictis, Skrye, or Moulder.

Thanquol would be the Skaven Horde faction :unsmigghh:

Syrnn fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jun 5, 2018

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
FUUCK MEE its 4am again, just one more turn.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Malus Darkblade could be an interesting Dark Elf lord. Start him in Hag Graef, give him campaign mechanics around finding the artifacts for Tz’arkan, and Spite as a suped-up cold one that doesn’t rampage.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

So I am playing long game hellebron. I almost have ulthuan but haven't touched morathis starting area so I only have 1 of the 2 locations to reduce the blood night penalties.

Blood cruise costs 100 more slaves each time but caps out at 2000. Casting a bunch of these is more powerful late game when the AI controls more land. It seems when everyone has their own territory, they also have a small army that can defend it. The background income is lost and not really sure if the AI makes up for that. I think I have 3 floating around right now.

The stronger blood cruise skill from Hellbron seems to be pretty meh.

If you don't take the shrine of khaine before another dark elf, you will lose out on that unique item you get for doing it. I don't know if all dark elf factions have that quest for the unique amulet, but maybe they do.

With high elf hell war, sisters of slaughters start losing their usefulness late game and you just have to rely on cheaper executioners.

Also gently caress off settra. Stop sending fleets of boners at me.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I feel like Norsca has turned into idiots ever since I turned them into vassals in my Warriors of Chaos game.

Wulfric and Throgg are not building up their armies or are using weak ones. They are also not occupy the nice ruins all over the place in Norsca. Like I can get them not stealing the Kislev buildings, but I don't get why they are not taking the Norscan ruins.

Throgg also rufuses to open a new army. If he gets wiped out he waits to respawn rather then sending out another lord. Wulfrik is better in that he will make another lord, but he is not actually giving that lord any units. Even worse Har Ganath has come arcross the sea and started taking Norscan settlements, but Wulfrik and and Throgg are not doing anything.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
They are probably poor because you keep taking their razing cash :(

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
Yeah, can't you direct your vassals the same as your military allies? I'll tell their armies to attack weak cities, or cities that I just sacked, if it's in a territory I don't want. They usually tend to do it. I do love allies, it's so sweet when you actually get them into a battle and have two different factions working together against a third.

Conversely, I hate when you lose a city to rebels and your ally then takes it. I had a complete province and now you take the capital? Makes me an instant Dwarf, where I immediately factor into all of my plans that at some point I'm going to have to go to war with that ally. loving Ilyrion took my capital in Nagarythe, which is the only province I even want on Uthluan, and now I'm going to have to take down your whole faction. Way to go.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

There is no way we are getting 3 more Skaven lords when they've got 3 already. Currently the most is Vampire Counts with 5 (...6 if you count the Red Duke), with everyone else having less, and complaints about that saturation compared to everyone else already exist. Maybe if Tretch hadn't been thrown into the game it would have been possible, but as-is you're probably getting 2 more at most for the foreseeable future. So Thanquol and possibly one other, most likely.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Ardent Communist posted:

Conversely, I hate when you lose a city to rebels and your ally then takes it. I had a complete province and now you take the capital? Makes me an instant Dwarf, where I immediately factor into all of my plans that at some point I'm going to have to go to war with that ally. loving Ilyrion took my capital in Nagarythe, which is the only province I even want on Uthluan, and now I'm going to have to take down your whole faction. Way to go.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1376337924

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Lord Koth posted:

There is no way we are getting 3 more Skaven lords when they've got 3 already. Currently the most is Vampire Counts with 5 (...6 if you count the Red Duke), with everyone else having less, and complaints about that saturation compared to everyone else already exist. Maybe if Tretch hadn't been thrown into the game it would have been possible, but as-is you're probably getting 2 more at most for the foreseeable future. So Thanquol and possibly one other, most likely.

I don't feel like Thanquol's character lends itself well to being a lord in a Total War game. If anything, it's probably gonna be Ikit or Throt.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
thanquol is a very popular character. ikit kind of is (mainly for being the skryre lord), but throt is not. theyd be nuts not to put him in at some point.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
He still isn't a very lord-y character. If anything, maybe he could be put in as some sort of legendary hero akin to The Green Knight.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

He still isn't a very lord-y character. If anything, maybe he could be put in as some sort of legendary hero akin to The Green Knight.

See, I like this interpretation because the Green Knight appearing makes Bretonnians go "gently caress YEAH" while he murders a billion dudes. Thanquol appearing should make Skaven players go "aw gently caress" when he suddenly summons a Bloodthirster right into the melee that kills both sides while you were just trying to cast Warp Lightning

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

toasterwarrior posted:

See, I like this interpretation because the Green Knight appearing makes Bretonnians go "gently caress YEAH" while he murders a billion dudes. Thanquol appearing should make Skaven players go "aw gently caress" when he suddenly summons a Bloodthirster right into the melee that kills both sides while you were just trying to cast Warp Lightning

Make him appear and latch himself to one of your armies for a few turns every now and then. Have him be AI controlled in combat, with a ridiculously high miscast chance on everything he does, and hilariously powerful miscast effects.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

So are the Chaos Invasions still a massive pain in ME or are they more manageable?

Also does Norsca still have the option to either shun/team up with Archaon?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

MonsterEnvy posted:

I just want Clan Eshin lead by deathmaster sniktch and I'm constantly dissapointed no-one has modded that

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Chaos invasions for me are free money. If you don't have something to deal with heavy armored assholes, you are doing something wrong.

Other factions tend to be a bigger threat since they can balloon to well beyond the strength of chaos and also can have friends.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Blood cruise update.

On the vortex map, I have most of ulthuan except for one place I gave my norsca bros. The only high elf is Lothern and they are way to the south with 21 settlements.

I started a ritual, then hit blood cruise for the hell of it. I can now fully control the blood cruise. And this is weird.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-june-2018

quote:

The Queen & The Crone is the latest release from the Fantasy New Content Team, which also added a wealth of content for the Mortal Empires campaign. Not only that but we also breathed some life into older factions. This time we focused on the Dwarfs and the much-requested move for Ungrim Ironfist to start in his rightful place in Karak Kadrin, not to mention the Bone Giant being released alongside the Skull for the Skull Throne promotion (so if you own Tomb Kings, you now own the Bone Giant).

Please note that this week we’ll be opening a public beta to fix some of the known issues that we mentioned in the patch notes last week – keep an eye on our social media channels if you want to opt in.

As for what we’re up to next: what we can say is that we’re working on the next campaign pack for Total War: WARHAMMER II, but it’s a little while off yet.

Campaign pack means Tomb Kings size, so I'm guessing Dogs of War. More than a little surprised it's not going to be the second lord pack yet, but I guess it gives them some time to talk about Three Kingdoms while that's being worked on.

quote:

The Fantasy Team has begun pre-production for their next game, and it’s taking them to some dark, dark places. We fear they may never return – not with minds and souls intact, at least.

We’ll update you with more details when it’s safe to approach them.

Darklands/Chaos hints, nothing new to say.

In terms of scheduling, 3 Kingdoms is going to be heavily previewed in June, blood pack for Thrones in July, and like the new Rome 2 Campaign pack somewhere in that time range, so probably August at the soonest for the next Warhammer 2 DLC.

Oh and I guess Reddit confirmed that the "Monstrous Secret" will be announced next week, so that'll probably drop with finished version of the beta hotfix patch.

madmac fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jun 5, 2018

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

madmac posted:

Campaign pack means Tomb Kings size, so I'm guessing Dogs of War. More than a little surprised it's not going to be the second lord pack yet, but I guess it gives them some time to talk about Three Kingdoms while that's being worked on.

If they still have 2-3 campaign packs coming, it kind of makes sense to space out the lord packs I guess.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Kanos posted:

The true power of Mages, at least in the first ~100 turns of your campaign, is the Administrator influence trait they can get; -30% build time and costs in the local province, which stacks additively, which means that with 3 Administrators and the building commandment you build literally any structures in the game for free in one turn. For this reason alone I can never justify sending mages off with my armies because once you get them online they catapult you forward in tech. They also make taking territory extremely fast and powerful with HE, since you can conquer a province and reconfigure it in literally any way you want for no cost in just a couple turns. Mages also offer the Entrepeneur trait, which provides +30% income in a local province, which can be extremely lucrative in the right places. Basically Mages are much more useful logistically than they are tactically. Three administrator mages in a province that's about to go tier 5 can literally save you tens of thousands of gold.

I'm finally in a position to do this now and lol, it's pretty powerful, thank you for the tip. Hope they don't nerf it :q:

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
is the administrator trait one of those perks that units get by doing it, the way lords get plus public order by being in a low public order province or do the mages have to spawn with it?

AttitudeAdjuster
May 2, 2010
Hopefully the campaign pack is the Dogs of War. Turning the Estalia area into something more than just Empire-lite would be awesome.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

botany posted:

is the administrator trait one of those perks that units get by doing it, the way lords get plus public order by being in a low public order province or do the mages have to spawn with it?

It's one of those 40 influence traits unique for High Elves.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

madmac posted:

the new Rome 2 Campaign pack

What the gently caress

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-june-2018

quote:

Fantasy New Content Team – WARHAMMER II

The Queen & The Crone is the latest release from the Fantasy New Content Team, which also added a wealth of content for the Mortal Empires campaign. Not only that but we also breathed some life into older factions. This time we focused on the Dwarfs and the much-requested move for Ungrim Ironfist to start in his rightful place in Karak Kadrin, not to mention the Bone Giant being released alongside the Skull for the Skull Throne promotion (so if you own Tomb Kings, you now own the Bone Giant).

Please note that this week we’ll be opening a public beta to fix some of the known issues that we mentioned in the patch notes last week – keep an eye on our social media channels if you want to opt in.

As for what we’re up to next: what we can say is that we’re working on the next campaign pack for Total War: WARHAMMER II, but it’s a little while off yet.

quote:

Fantasy Team – pre-production

The Fantasy Team has begun pre-production for their next game, and it’s taking them to some dark, dark places. We fear they may never return – not with minds and souls intact, at least.

We’ll update you with more details when it’s safe to approach them.

Campaign pack? So like, similar to the addition of the TKs? Also, seems they've begun work on WH3.

I wonder if the datamined codewords mean we're still gonna' get some Southern Kingdoms/Dogs of War + Araby action before game 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

Krazyface posted:

What the gently caress

Rome 2 is still probably the most popular game behind TW2. It was patched a lot and the setting is more interesting to most people than Attila was. This is especially true if you enjoyed a color other than brown. They started up more DLC for it because it sells, can’t really blame them.