Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

After The War posted:

Trump's biggest crime (of the day... so far): Reminding us that Harry Harrison is dead. :smith:

:smith: :hf: :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Trump is totally NOT MAD AT ALL about the Eagles. :lol:

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Then Republicans are right. America the Beautiful is a fine little tune but it's way better than a jingoistic flag masturbation session about a sweet goal line stand in a game we got blown out like 64-7.

:confused: we held the British to a draw in 1812.

I think it's a great song because it celebrates the time Baltimore properly defended itself while Washington, in true DC fashion, poo poo the bed and was burned to the ground. :smug:

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Checks out

https://twitter.com/gsircus/status/1003977484751261701?s=19

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Just a reminder that Our Dumb President continues to confuse the Eagles with the Pittsburgh Steelers, which was the team last season that stayed in the locker room for the anthem prior to one game. That and nobody around him is bothering to correct him.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1003977235756445699?s=21

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
CNN.com front page:

:lol: gently caress off.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

:lol: that only 10 players were going to go out of the 50+ on the team

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

FlamingLiberal posted:

Just a reminder that Our Dumb President continues to confuse the Eagles with the Pittsburgh Steelers, which was the team last season that stayed in the locker room for the anthem prior to one game. That and nobody around him is bothering to correct him.

He's not. The NFL caved on kneeling and said players could stay in the locker room, he's complaining about that too.

Big shock players pointed out they would get treated the same whether it was kneeling or staying in the locker room.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Nothus posted:

:confused: we held the British to a draw in 1812.

I think it's a great song because it celebrates the time Baltimore properly defended itself while Washington, in true DC fashion, poo poo the bed and was burned to the ground. :smug:

quote:

No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

The Star-Spangled Banner is three-fifths good song, but then you get to the pro-slavery verse and welp

"This Land is Your Land" should be the national anthem. Especially the verse about private property.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Did they put him on the baby bus?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Guze posted:

He's not. The NFL caved on kneeling and said players could stay in the locker room, he's complaining about that too.

Big shock players pointed out they would get treated the same whether it was kneeling or staying in the locker room.

It's strange how compromising with fascists never seems to work out or make them content to stop oppressing people they hate.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

:ohdear: I wonder what horrid facility he's being kept at.

Lol just kidding, I'll bet money there are special facilities for white people.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

The Star-Spangled Banner is three-fifths good song, but then you get to the pro-slavery verse and welp

"This Land is Your Land" should be the national anthem. Especially the verse about private property.

The national anthem should be changed to Cotton Eyed Joe by Rednex. Everyone in the stadium should stand solemnly at attention as the entirety of Cotton Eyed Joe by Rednex plays over the stadium loudspeaker. Anyone showing disresepct toward our troops by kneeling during Cotton Eyed Joe by Rednex should be shown the door.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Truex is an Eagles fan. Bet he’s pissed right now.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Fox News used photos of the players kneeling at the touch down to show that they kneeled...

They were praying

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/1003845673073238016?s=20

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Anthems and flags should be gotten rid of. Theres really no need for them anymore.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

:ohdear: I wonder what horrid facility he's being kept at.

Lol just kidding, I'll bet money there are special facilities for white people.

FCC Allenwood, PA
A low security prison for holding Watergate convicts, Belgian liars, and... dudes providing material support for terrorism?!

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

Your Taint posted:

It will haunt me til my dying day that the Cubs went.

If you like a sports team in a league that is mostly white, they will go to the white house for a Republican president. Because that team is guaranteed to be majority rich, white, male, and possibly not college educated.

The interesting thing about the NBA and NFL is that they are both majority black, and they both require most draftees to have attended college.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Fox News used photos of the players kneeling at the touch down to show that they kneeled...

They were praying

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/1003845673073238016?s=20
lol. Not attending because of "national anthem dispute".

It's basically the parents of the class bully telling him nobody came to his birthday party because everyone is jealous of how smart and handsome he is.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

In a sane world, this is just an admission that he would have obstructed justice if he could, right?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/sportingnews/status/1003979400562532353?s=20

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

CyberPingu posted:

Anthems and flags should be gotten rid of. Theres really no need for them anymore.

I feel like they are fine to be part of international sporting events.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Unoriginal Name posted:

In a sane world, this is just an admission that he would have obstructed justice if he could, right?

He's just screaming into the void. Whatever he could do to pressure not-Sessions, he can do to Rosenstein.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Inferior Third Season posted:

lol. Not attending because of "national anthem dispute".

It's basically the parents of the class bully telling him nobody came to his birthday party because everyone is jealous of how smart and handsome he is.

So...what you're saying is that we have Barney Stinson as President (only without the redeeming qualities)?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I hope Donnie insists on doing a solo of the anthem at his stupid party today. You know he couldn't carry a tune if his life depended on it.

Skelevision
Sep 7, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
The

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin

Crow Jane posted:

I hope Donnie insists on doing a solo of the anthem at his stupid party today. You know he couldn't carry a tune if his life depended on it.

I doubt he knows all the words.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Xombie posted:

If you like a sports team in a league that is mostly white, they will go to the white house for a Republican president. Because that team is guaranteed to be majority rich, white, male, and possibly not college educated.

The interesting thing about the NBA and NFL is that they are both majority black, and they both require most draftees to have attended college.

The NFL and NBA require most draftees to attend college? Someone tell the two greatest players of this generation Kobe Bryant and LeBron James that they have to attend college to get drafted.

Blurred
Aug 26, 2004

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER

pocket pool posted:

I doubt he knows all the words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyrfbQ6Tkdw

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Vladimir Putin posted:

The NFL and NBA require most draftees to attend college? Someone tell the two greatest players of this generation Kobe Bryant and LeBron James that they have to attend college to get drafted.

They do now. One and done is the minimum. LeBron was the last.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1003985427970314246?s=19

California, the crime ridden seedy underbelly of the US.

Edit - I know it actually is higher than the average. Still funny

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Xombie posted:

tbh im not sure any team bothered protesting visiting the presidential visit beyond 1 or 2 guys per team before Obama. it was just a part of winning the title and back then :decorum: dictated that it was just really cool meeting the president.

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin
I’m sure no GOP-controlled states have higher than average crime.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Unoriginal Name posted:

Yeah, this was my take, as well. "If I would have known he wouldn't obstruct justice I never would have picked him, I only wanted a guy who would obstruct justice" is basically what he said.

Also my take, as well.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Medullah posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1003985427970314246?s=19

California, the crime ridden seedy underbelly of the US.

Edit - I know it actually is higher than the average. Still funny

High Tax, High Crime California. Big Difference, Big Cox.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Nth Doctor posted:

FCC Allenwood, PA
A low security prison for holding Watergate convicts, Belgian liars, and... dudes providing material support for terrorism?!

And some of my extended family, actually. It was a white collar crime. :lol:

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1003987298072002565

I think there's 2 guys Putin pays, swear to God.

https://twitter.com/NormsRespecter/status/1003679661585559554

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jun 5, 2018

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

TheScott2K posted:

The national anthem should be changed to Cotton Eyed Joe by Rednex. Everyone in the stadium should stand solemnly at attention as the entirety of Cotton Eyed Joe by Rednex plays over the stadium loudspeaker. Anyone showing disresepct toward our troops by kneeling during Cotton Eyed Joe by Rednex should be shown the door.

I say we go with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goh2x_G0ct4

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Trump will need to order all poles in DC greased if he keeps making these Philly fans angry. Slippery James Comey got a big reach too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
So as a non-american I've never paid much attention to individual senators and house reps before but in the past year and a half I've discovered that they all seem to be totally insane and hold absurd beliefs and opinions like "islands can tip over and sink" or "God wouldn't let climate change be real" or "in cases of legitimate rape the body has ways of shutting the whole thing down" or "how does Facebook make money when it's free" and my question is how the gently caress did these clowns get into power in the first place

I mean, we have lovely politicians where I'm from too but I don't think any of them have sub-primary-school-level knowledge on so many important issues (because they'd get immediately called out for it). What the gently caress is wrong with your country

• Locked thread