Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

"And then they all lined up to blow me"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
It's out

https://twitter.com/RealAlexJones/status/1003717895770107904?s=19

E: it’s boring

twoday has issued a correction as of 03:29 on Jun 5, 2018

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

I could kind of understand this if the title said "Why I'm so into pop-culture", but the fact that they specified 'fandom' is pretty wild.
I mean there were people in the Steven Universe fandom that literally bullied a girl into attempting suicide because they thought the picture that she drew of one of the characters wasn't fat enough.

cohsae has issued a correction as of 05:10 on Jun 5, 2018

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

i don't think anyone was gonna gently caress a robot for the health benefits

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

How do you modify the genes of something that doesn't have genes?

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
somebody foia'd old nsa motivational posters (pdf)

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lol his description of bernie is so good

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
anyone got the Rudy “ARE YOU THE ONE TO TALK TO ABOUT THE CRIMES” pic it’s urgent

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

cohsae posted:

I could kind of understand this if the title said "Why I'm so into pop-culture", but the fact that they specified 'fandom' is pretty wild.
I mean there were people in the Steven Universe fandom that literally bullied a girl into attempting suicide because they thought the picture that she drew of one of the characters wasn't fat enough.

HOT TAKE ALERT - if you feel like you're being bullied into suicide by internet maladjustos, log the gently caress off

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

steven universe people are the most extremely online of all

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
the unfortunate reality is that social media is an integral part of young people's social lives. they may not have the option to 'log off', because it's their community. Which is a shame, because its become so toxic.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

rudatron posted:

the unfortunate reality is that social media is an integral part of young people's social lives. they may not have the option to 'log off', because it's their community. Which is a shame, because its become so toxic.

Log off anyway. Log off because

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Step aside, Berno. We need no king.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

hackbunny posted:

Log off anyway. Log off because

What if your reality is worse

Think of what it's like for gay and trans people stuck with non-accepting (to say the least) families

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

logikv9 posted:

Hello Thread, I am here with a extremely limited time Very Cool Gift that you must act on ASAP!

What is it? I am talking of course about the tag to end all tags, the terror of the NRA.... various animals. But not just various animals, but animals with attitude.

If you want it, you have to do three things. If you gently caress up on any of those things I will laugh at you!

1. Quote this post
2. Write a post under that quote about what you would do with an Army of Aggressive Animals
3. Do this within 24 hours of this post!

If you do all three of these things, the tag will find a new home under your avatar (or username, if you are a filthy poor).

Why 24 hours? Because I am Extremely Busy and I don't feel like stalking the thread for eons to see who wants the tag! So get it now! But don't fret, if you lose out on this exclusive offer, I'll still give it out randomly because it's cool and it deserves to be seen by all.

my army of aggressive animals would do amazing things I'm sure but i cant get them to stop sitting around on all the heating vents. i am a bad animal general.

edit lol i had my threads confused this was months ago

Sleekly has issued a correction as of 12:54 on Jun 5, 2018

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

They can't prove it doesn't work

I'm going to start selling anime body pillows with one of those Teddy Ruxpin tape players and a recording of that song that cures Ebola

looks like all 'yall are going to have a new billionaire to despise

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 19 days!)

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Just a quick reminder that the Time Cube man made his only disciple commit suicide by rebuking him.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
huh, i see why greece needed that bailout

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

What if your reality is worse

Think of what it's like for gay and trans people stuck with non-accepting (to say the least) families

Log the gently caress off and take up heroin or something. Less harmful than Twitter

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Steven Universe is a completely sexless show obsessed with it's own sex metaphor. I don't think that can be healthy

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Guy Goodbody posted:

Steven Universe is a completely sexless show obsessed with it's own sex metaphor. I don't think that can be healthy

I looked up Pickle Rick just to see what the big deal is, turns out Rick & Morty is an unpleasant show for unpleasant children

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 19 days!)

Guy Goodbody posted:

Steven's dad had sex with a rock.

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

cohsae posted:

Ah. Any other weird bullshit gossip from the Steven Universe fandom you’d like to share? Can’t get enough deets about people who watch Steven Universe :mrgw:

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

lol it's just a fedsmoker video but with a steadier camera

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Steven's dad had sex with a rock.

J/O crystal?

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.
That Alex Jones video is so good, it's just him running through an airport gauntlet while people laugh at him for being a sideshow attraction

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/3YTetWt.mp4

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Just a quick reminder that the Time Cube man made his only disciple commit suicide by rebuking him.

I had assumed there was some exaggeration to the idea that without the US, Europe was basically defenseless, but uh...

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm going to do a Kickstarter to get Ireland a tank

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cohsae posted:

That was actually a false flag

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Flavius Belisarius posted:

I had assumed there was some exaggeration to the idea that without the US, Europe was basically defenseless, but uh...

I looked up that wikipedia article
code:
Russia[45]	
T-54/55	1,200	 Soviet Union	Retired [46]
T-62	1,689	 Soviet Union	Retired[47]
T-64	4,000	 Soviet Union	Retired. Awaiting to be Scrapped. [48]
T-72	10,255	 Soviet Union	Most upgraded to T-72B standard. [49]
T-80	4,500	 Soviet Union	Taken out of service.To be deployed in colder Regions.[50]
T-90	550 	 Russia	
T-14 Armata	20+	 Russia	
Russia's military budget is not that much bigger than the UK or France.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

Filthy Hans posted:

I looked up Pickle Rick just to see what the big deal is, turns out Rick & Morty is an unpleasant show for unpleasant children

Ironically that particular episode help up a mirror to the fans' idolization of the villain-protagonist, and you should see the reactions it got. To be honest though, it was clearly pretty calculated to troll their audience, as Rick is put into his place and left speechless by a soft spoken female therapist

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/aya666335/status/1003824572074942464

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

Sleekly posted:

my army of aggressive animals would do amazing things I'm sure but i cant get them to stop sitting around on all the heating vents. i am a bad animal general.

edit lol i had my threads confused this was months ago

ha ha sucked in

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

hackbunny posted:

Ironically that particular episode help up a mirror to the fans' idolization of the villain-protagonist, and you should see the reactions it got. To be honest though, it was clearly pretty calculated to troll their audience, as Rick is put into his place and left speechless by a soft spoken female therapist

Oh seems like Rick and Morty actually is a deep cartoon huh. gently caress you. Stop posting here.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

bitterandtwisted posted:

Russia's military budget is not that much bigger than the UK or France.

wonder how the taliban's military budget looks compared to the US miltiary budget

money doesn't fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lol if the soft belly Europeans have the same kind of morale as the Taliban