Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Apparently we get like 13 of them in a box. Current rumor is same price as a Start Collecting.

Also that Pendelum is in the Bonespitters focus https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/06/04/4th-june-faction-focus-bonesplitterzgw-homepage-post-3/

It appears unlike the rest this one only moves in a straight line.

I guess 13 makes sense; 8 for the winds of magic, 3 for the Chaos gods, then the maw for ogres and the foot of gork for the green skins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

SteelMentor posted:

Metal as gently caress

where are people finding these pics? the article doesn't seem to be up on warhammer community yet

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Booyah- posted:

where are people finding these pics? the article doesn't seem to be up on warhammer community yet

This is in the Goblin Grot faction focus.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Basically the pics from all the stuff for the new starter set is out except the books.

Same number of miniatures as the old starter basically, but much better done, particularly the Death characters.

Hopefully it'll still be £75.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Booyah- posted:

berzerkmonkey posted:

This is in the Goblin Grot faction focus.

Actually it's the Savage Orc faction focus.

Which I linked already.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

MonsterEnvy posted:

Actually it's the Savage Orc faction focus.
Oops - you are correct. Had gobbos on the brain.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Thanks, I guess I skipped over that one. That axe looks more like nighthaunt to me!

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
:siren: quick headsup

whenever aos 2.0 releases, im going to be putting my good threadboy down, he has lived a long and purposeful life and his time is drawing to an end

one of you guys that actually has an interest in this silly game should probably cobble together a new thread for the new edition

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Thundercloud posted:

Basically the pics from all the stuff for the new starter set is out except the books.

Same number of miniatures as the old starter basically, but much better done, particularly the Death characters.

Hopefully it'll still be £75.

Where are the pictures? Are you just talking about all the stuff we've seen over the last few weeks, or is there a new leak?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

:siren: quick headsup

whenever aos 2.0 releases, im going to be putting my good threadboy down, he has lived a long and purposeful life and his time is drawing to an end

one of you guys that actually has an interest in this silly game should probably cobble together a new thread for the new edition

Decent idea, now that the game is actually starting to come into it's own.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
I found this guy in my basement.

Is this O.G. Slambo?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
That'd be an OG Slambo, in the lead.

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Apparently we get like 13 of them in a box. Current rumor is same price as a Start Collecting.

Audible groan.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Injuryprone posted:

Audible groan.

Why that seems decently reasonable for the size of some of those models. Better then paying 20 bucks for each of them as some people theorized. 80 for the whole set seems reasonable by GW standards.

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

Why that seems decently reasonable for the size of some of those models. Better then paying 20 bucks for each of them as some people theorized. 80 for the whole set seems reasonable by GW standards.

I just wanted to buy the one spell that was thematically appropriate for my army instead of dropping $80.

Brinty
Aug 4, 2012
Someone will be parting the boxes out day 1 on eBay anyway, so it'll only take a smidge more effort to get a decent deal

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
They probably will sell them individually as well.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
just wanted 2 pop in to say ghost throne guy is the best model GW has produced in some time

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Animated trailer for the new starter box, preorders 14th June.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S_XTMR3h2U

Edit: Woah hey there we go.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/06/05/soul-wars-announced/

SteelMentor fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Jun 5, 2018

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
We popping off big, boys! Those banshees look awesome.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

That box set is going to be expensive as hell if they're throwing a bigass hardcover book in

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

If Sigmarines started out with that styling I don't think the backlash against them would have been as bad. These ones actually have character.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

That box set is going to be expensive as hell if they're throwing a bigass hardcover book in

Looks to be the same as the 40k starter, it has the exact same layout and included hardback.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

SteelMentor posted:

Looks to be the same as the 40k starter, it has the exact same layout and included hardback.

Oh, cool, I had only picked up second-hand bits from that on ebay. That's about what I expected, then.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Give me those ghosts GW. Shoot them into me.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Not sure why all the Stormcast Eternal women look like they should be working the counter at a vegan café but I can get behind it

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Floppychop posted:

If Sigmarines started out with that styling I don't think the backlash against them would have been as bad. These ones actually have character.

Yeah, they're definitely moving way more into warrior-priest with these ones, and they look way better for it.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

JBP posted:

Give me those ghosts GW. Shoot them into me.

If you lived in Tas I’d split a box with you :v:

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Do I buy 2 starters ... or 3?

Edit: buy 2, eBay second rulebook... this is the true way.

dexefiend fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Jun 5, 2018

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
That flying swords spell looks cool as poo poo

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
So I have the sigmarines from Blight War. I wouldn't need a separate army book to run them alongside the sigmarines from this new starter set, right?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Those are some stylish sigmarines

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
These four look like they might be outfit for Shadespire, which yes please give me Skrillex-hair lady and bird dog.

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

"There’s even a set of Pitched Battle profiles, giving you the points you need to use your endless spells in matched play"

Uhhhhh

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Big Willy Style posted:

So I have the sigmarines from Blight War. I wouldn't need a separate army book to run them alongside the sigmarines from this new starter set, right?

While GW are likely to release a new Stormcast army book to incorporate all the new models, the warscrolls/statblicks required to run each individual unit have always been made available for free.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Injuryprone posted:

"There’s even a set of Pitched Battle profiles, giving you the points you need to use your endless spells in matched play"

Uhhhhh

The ones with models cost points to have in your army.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I'm loving the spell effects and the ghosts.

Kinda meh on the new Sigmarines though that may be the lovely yellow paint scheme. The bolt thrower looks neat though.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Sigmarines painted in the Tamiya Blue/Green Alpha Legion style...

Any thoughts? I think it would work.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

dexefiend posted:

Green-blue looks alright!

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Not as good as the Farstriders that were just posted here, but I'm proud of them anyway.

I think I'm going to do my full army in a dark blue metallic. Basically the Celestial Knights scheme but in metal.

long-ass nips Diane fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Jun 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

dexefiend posted:

This is pretty much how mine are painted, with gunmetal accents. I think it looks great.

Edit: link to the shadespire models. https://imgur.com/gallery/bBfmL

SpikeMcclane fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jun 5, 2018

• Locked thread