Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Not far off, he refers to it as Clay’s Tech Liger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Nexo Knights always feels weird to me. It seems like the type of thing kid me would've loved. Mech suits, giant weapons, bright colors. Yet it doesn't appear to be very popular as far as I can see.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I think the line is over, also, so I’m assuming it wasn’t that popular.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Darth TNT posted:

Nexo Knights always feels weird to me. It seems like the type of thing kid me would've loved. Mech suits, giant weapons, bright colors. Yet it doesn't appear to be very popular as far as I can see.

same 100% I would have loved that poo poo

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Nexo knights looks awesome and is a rad theme but the builds just aren't that fun. They went for a more technic heavy design with a lot of play features, it just didn't work.

Should still buy them for that juicy trans orange though, especially if they show up on clearance.

The mowhawk dwarf was the coolest mini figure in years too.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvHSlHhh1gk

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

xzzy posted:

Should still buy them for that juicy trans orange though, especially if they show up on clearance.

Those orange pieces look ripe for Ice Planet MOCs.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Dear lego please make a million sets in the mad max themed world.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Ok, yes, all of that.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Yuck. Friends figs.

Also, no way this is even close to as good as the first one.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

that was considerably better than I was expecting

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Straight White Shark posted:

Considerably worse than I was expecting.

I was hoping for something that looked as good as batman. Not that batman was very good, but the trailer looked good.

This looks like it is going to be the worst of the 4.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Wow, that was really good! I want that house rocket ship.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Nabbed the pirate version of the roller coaster to get the vip set. Can't wait to build it, the new roller coaster sets all look pretty neat.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Aww, I like the design of the baddy but ugh, minidolls. Maybe it'll motivate Lego to make them better. Although I do like that it has to hop around by the looks of things.

e: oh, Stephanie Beatriz, neat. Maybe she's the baddy, I don't have the sound on

Also yeah, Nexo Knights does great mechs. Well, did. Just good and chunky and also big chunky monsters

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Thing is there's no way lego is going to make the moral of the story "brothers and sisters are at war and will never get along" so you can be sure there's either another villain or lord business will step in and make them play nice or whatever.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

xzzy posted:

Dear lego please make a million sets in the mad max themed world.

:yeah:

I don't care if the movie sucks if we get some cool sets out of it tbh

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

FBS posted:

Exactly. I'm sure the movie will be fine. If there are multiple mad max sets I'll be bankrupted.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

McDragon posted:

Aww, I like the design of the baddy but ugh, minidolls. Maybe it'll motivate Lego to make them better. Although I do like that it has to hop around by the looks of things.

e: oh, Stephanie Beatriz, neat. Maybe she's the baddy, I don't have the sound on

Also yeah, Nexo Knights does great mechs. Well, did. Just good and chunky and also big chunky monsters

Friends Astronaut sounds like Detective Diaz with digital distortion. I'm down.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

FBS posted:

Of course there will be cool sets.

Tons of them.

My poor wallet.

Gaebril
Dec 18, 2016
I am anticipating/hoping that the central conflict is our young boy wrestling with toxic masculinity and learning to play equitably with his sister. The Mad Max world where all minifigs have angry scowls instead of smiles is exactly the kind of grimdark that a 13-year old would think is cool and "mature".

Of course, I too would buy all the Mad Max sets because in fact they are very cool. Not throwing shade here.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Some time ago when I was at the Lego store I saw the display for one of the minifig collections, one of theme looked like the Hunter from Bloodborne but he had two guns. I assume the aesthetic they were going for was Western but it would have been a great starting point to making a custom Lego Bloodborne dude. Was I mistaken and if not, where the hell could I buy this thing? I don't even know where to look for these things or what "wave" it was part of.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

s.i.r.e. posted:

Some time ago when I was at the Lego store I saw the display for one of the minifig collections, one of theme looked like the Hunter from Bloodborne but he had two guns. I assume the aesthetic they were going for was Western but it would have been a great starting point to making a custom Lego Bloodborne dude. Was I mistaken and if not, where the hell could I buy this thing? I don't even know where to look for these things or what "wave" it was part of.

Series 17 mystery figure. It's also called the highwayman.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I was fully in the "I don't really want or need the Porsche technic set" and now I'm starting to change my mind.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/8ogrib/lancia_stratos_moc_alternate_build_for_set_42056/

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Cloks posted:

Series 17 mystery figure. It's also called the highwayman.

Thanks a lot!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Straight White Shark posted:

"Sewer babies"

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

s.i.r.e. posted:

That's exactly what i did with mine. I did a really lovely hackjob with the background though.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Does anyone know how backorders work with the lego store? If I buy some things and one of them is backordered, will they ship the things available now and then ship the backordered one later, or do they wait until the backordered thing to be available? If it's the latter, I'm wondering if I'll even get the book thing because the backordered item is the one puts the order over a hundred dollars and they might run out by then.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

You'll be fine.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

s.i.r.e. posted:

I made mine look like Lady Maria.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Presented without comment:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

veni veni veni posted:

That's exactly what i did with mine. I did a really lovely hackjob with the background though.

AllisonByProxy posted:

I made mine look like Lady Maria.

:fap:

These own, is there a good place to shop for printed heads? Preferably flesh tone. I want to get one with circular glasses (since that's what I had in BB) but I have no clue where to look.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

xzzy posted:

Oh hey, they upgraded the counter top from a plate to a tile!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The intro of this movie will be the exact same as the first but in Mad Max, thats cool.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

xzzy posted:

Whilst this is amazing I hope there's not too much of the Mad Max world in the film. There won't be many useable sets or figs for me in that aesthetic.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That just got me wondering how they built that counter and looking up the scene sent me down a rabbit hole of google searches.

The white bit is this:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=2955#T=S&O={%22iconly%22:0}

That is an oddly specific part that I had no idea existed.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

PriorMarcus posted:

Whilst this is amazing I hope there's not too much of the Mad Max world in the film. There won't be many useable sets or figs for me in that aesthetic.

It's probably just gonna be 5 minutes at the start and they'll spend the rest of the movie crashing through other themes built around buyable sets.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
who in their right mind wouldn't buy a whole line of mad max themed cars

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

People that aren't cool, that's who.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

xzzy posted:

That just got me wondering how they built that counter and looking up the scene sent me down a rabbit hole of google searches.

The white bit is this:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=2955#T=S&O={%22iconly%22:0}

That is an oddly specific part that I had no idea existed.

It's a super useful part for sliding doors!