Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
She's just desperate for something that doesn't taste like pasta.

edit: the blandest snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Psychic cucking, or "psycucking",

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
psyucking, surely?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Fuego Fish posted:

Psychic cucking, or "psycucking",
/
:psyduck:

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
Captain Brain-O sure didn't take "no" for an answer, did he?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I’ve been ensnared in this comic’s stupid, stupid web and have to comment on it. I wish any effort at all was put into panel composition, colors or any visual element at all. Is Brain-Boy mind controlling her? Is this a romantic moment? No one will know until the characters or author tell us.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Synthbuttrange posted:

cucked in the brain
insane in the clevbrain
insane in the brain

The Worst Unicorn
Nov 4, 2009

~*I Sparkle You Sparkle*~
geez here i thought we might get like... a page of romantic tension or conflict or something, anything. :mad:

sweeperbravo posted:

from pages ago but i never thought I would see a reference to this ever again
:wink:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
"Cheat on your boyfriend."
"Uh I probably shouldn't."
"C'monnnnn it's only in our true inner thoughts and feelings."
"Well when you put it that way...."

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

TheHan posted:

I’ve been ensnared in this comic’s stupid, stupid web and have to comment on it. I wish any effort at all was put into panel composition, colors or any visual element at all. Is Brain-Boy mind controlling her? Is this a romantic moment? No one will know until the characters or author tell us.

I have no hands and I must shitpost.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Wrist Watch posted:

This comic is really dense but I don't think even it's dense enough to show how insecure clevin is about his relationship, only to immediately have Alison's ex show up, mock him for being proud of his relationship, and then steal his girlfriend enter into a poly relationship with her.

Which is why it's probably what's going to happen

I was loving joking :psyduck:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Wrist Watch posted:

I was loving joking :psyduck:

NEVER JOKE

JOKES ARE REALITY

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

this one dude in the comments section with 200 posts about how this is cool and good posted:

Something we often forget to consider is the fact that Alison might have kissed a dude sure but she also and more importantly decided one day to be the sole judge and jury of the world's most dangerous criminal and rob countless mourning families of closure.
By that consideration, she cheated on the entire world, much more potently that she ever did Clevin.

:thunk:

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
So I binged this thing and it started out promising and then it just kind of welped out of its premise and did something else. IMO i started rolling my eyes when Paladin showed up. There was some decent stuff after but mostly, meh.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

there's also a million reply argument on how actually cheating is impossible because monogamy is bigotry from hell, and taking even a second to consider the feelings of someone you profess to love is tantamount to slavery from doublehell. all of which i agree with, ofc.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Oh no, not me
He never lost control
You're face to face
With the gal who cheated on the world

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Crimpolioni posted:

there's also a million reply argument on how actually cheating is impossible because monogamy is bigotry from hell, and taking even a second to consider the feelings of someone you profess to love is tantamount to slavery from doublehell. all of which i agree with, ofc.

Oh god those posts. Like, I can get the argument that treating monogamy as the norm could be kind of harmful, in the way that treating cis/het as "normal" has bad knock-on effects. I don't necessarily agree, but I can see the point being made.

Being in a relationship with a person, then making out with a completely different person, and then saying "No, see, this is your fault, you should have told me that you wanted exclusivity here, we didn't make an agreement so I did nothing wrong" seems like the absolute worst way imaginable to make that point, though.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Lord Boy is a mind controlling serial killer whose brain Allison forcefully rewrote I don’t think the sanctity of dating is the moral issue with these guys.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Clevin was thrown out like month old pasta, nary a thought.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

"You've been killing me since the moment we first met" is an extremely cool and sexy thing to tell a girl you're into.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

who's clevin

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

The comment section today is really something else.

quote:

To my fellow commenters: First of all, how many relationships did you have in your teens and twenties? How many times did you have your heart broken and how many hearts did you break? That is the time for experimentation. Alison isn't married to Clevin. She's made no vows, so cheating doesn't exactly apply here. Not unless she strings him out for a long time and makes promises, while seeing Patrick on the sly. (She's allowed a couple of weeks back and forth to torture herself until she decides.) Secondly, Clevin was never going to be the guy of Alison's dreams. He's the simple guy you date after you've broken up with the complicated guy. She can share her darkest thoughts with Patrick. Alison's darkest thoughts would terrify Clevin. Patrick already knows them and is still game. Plus, very important in a relationship... having similar goals. Alison and Patrick can team up to bring down the conspiracy. Alison and Clevin can cuddle while watching a rom com. That will get old. Fast. Beyond that, it was always going to be Patrick. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

On the other side of the debate:

quote:

...On the other hand: what IS Patrick? He's just said he doesn't think of himself as a person, and he has all these other sets of minds and memories and lives inside of him. Is there a fundamental Patrick he has stayed true to, the fundamental guy underneath all the other guys, who Alison knows and cares for? This really strikes at the fundamental question of whether or not Patrick is a "good guy," which Alison herself struggles with. If he's not a guy, is he at least good? And if there isn't a fundamental Patrick who he has been true to, if there is no identity beneath all that, then what exactly is it that Alison loves? What is it exactly that loves her back? How far has that thing been willing to go to get that love he so clearly craves?

And finally, this installment's MVP:

quote:

Bah. Stuff like that is how you get cooties. :-/

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Wow. SFP is the unintentional comedy hit of the year.

quote:

To my fellow commenters: First of all, how many relationships did you have in your teens and twenties? How many times did you have your heart broken and how many hearts did you break? That is the time for experimentation. Alison isn't married to Clevin. She's made no vows, so cheating doesn't exactly apply here.

To my fellow goons: how many relationships do you think this person has been in?

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
Lol. I'm so used to the name Clevin just being a joke meme thrown around here that seeing it in the reader's comment genuinely took me aback

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Dawgstar posted:

To my fellow goons: how many relationships do you think this person has been in?

In total, or at the same time?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dawgstar posted:

Wow. SFP is the unintentional comedy hit of the year.

More than they deserve

Less than they'd like

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
i am completely stoked to see the heartbreak of the clevin

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
a tragedy for our times

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I bet this is going to end with a poly relationship.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I hope this is building up to Patrick having brain cancer and dying.

Please oh please be that stupid

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Clevin is going to suddenly develop really earth shattering super powers and become the supervillain everybody thought Patrick was, and Patrick will get really into artisan pasta crafting

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

are the commenting fans there really ok with allison cheating on clevin with a mind-controlling supervillian or are they just too cowardly to ever challenge mulligan lest they lose favor

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Allison will just punch Clevin in the brain too

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Uncle Wemus posted:

are the commenting fans there really ok with allison cheating on clevin with a mind-controlling supervillian or are they just too cowardly to ever challenge mulligan lest they lose favor

Looks like its a mix of people using bizarre pretzel logic to root for this turning into a healthy poly relationship and people who think Patrick is being manipulative. There's also some debate on whether or not this is really cheating for real, which eventually settles into "cheating without the intent to harm is really not that bad".

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Nuns with Guns posted:

Looks like its a mix of people using bizarre pretzel logic to root for this turning into a healthy poly relationship and people who think Patrick is being manipulative. There's also some debate on whether or not this is really cheating for real, which eventually settles into "cheating without the intent to harm is really not that bad".

I don't think many people go into cheating to harm someone.
But there are some other important questions re cheating. Like is it cheating to gently caress a robot? If yes, is it cheating to gently caress a sex doll? Your own hand? You see, it's not all black and white after all!

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
I'm sure glad that intention is the one that determines peoples feelings, life might be complicated otherwise!

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Nuns with Guns posted:

note that "without intent to harm" in this case covers deliberatly comitting actions you suspect will cause harm, which is some kinda new way of thinking for this goon

Crespolini fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jun 6, 2018

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

quote:

"You've been killing me since the moment we first met"

I was thinking that that line was meaning that Allison did broke his brain, but knowing this comic it literally means that Allison and Patrick were meant to be.

I really wish I could forget this shithole comic existed, but the fact that people paid money for this poo poo depresses me to no end. :smithicide:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Patrick and Clevin gently caress, and both leave Allison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
OP, please change the thread title to Strong Female Protagonist: Clevin Clearly Cucked

• Locked thread