Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So like you aren’t wrong but I’ve been with women that really get off on that stuff. I am definitely not the biggest fan but some women really love that stuff.

Him saying he loves doing it is kinda problematic because it leads me to think he has some women issues but yeah the sex brain is weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im hearing that old “Dont Wake Daddy” commercial except with “Cant Be Daddy” and the old timey dads nightcap drooping from its pointy state

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
/r/relationships: you will never be daddy

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Don't call me daddy unless you want me to be a burden on your life for 18 years.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Bobby Digital posted:

/r/relationships: you will never be daddy

Hahaha poo poo I’m still laughing because I’m imagining them there naked and she just stone cold says that.

loving savage.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Gf says she can't fulfill her daddy "fetish" with me because of the age difference.

:owned: loser! :sever: now and save yourself from 14 months of milquetoast loving!

PS ur both weird

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

MarcusSA posted:

So like you aren’t wrong but I’ve been with women that really get off on that stuff. I am definitely not the biggest fan but some women really love that stuff.

Him saying he loves doing it is kinda problematic because it leads me to think he has some women issues but yeah the sex brain is weird.

this is the same problem with rape fetishes imo. like even if having that fetish is fine, who is your ideal partner, for that? like, if you brought up that fantasy, do you want your partner to respond super enthusiastically? I feel like that would be a bad vibe. but if they're not into it (as they should not be), what's the endgame. they perform some violence that they do not want to commit? it just seems like there's no good solution

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

AFAICT being into that stuff is ok as long as they are mindful that it is all "just a game"

if they get carried away with it you end up with those r/r stories where someone into "blood-play" injected a full syringe of air into their partner's arm veins, or anything where someone ignores the safeword

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

La Brea Carpet posted:

My fiancé [35M] of three years and I [33F] have vastly different ideas on how we want to live

Where's eagle boyfriend when you need him.

There are lots of other dudes to marry in Stardew Valley, just pick one of the other ones.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Gf says she can't fulfill her daddy "fetish" with me because of the age difference.

"You will never be [thing I need to get off]."

"I'm pretty sure she didn't mean anything by that."

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Maybe try switching fetishes? You get dominated and she gets called Momm-you know what don’t do that.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah. I understand some women are into it, but that line just seemed creepy.

My only experience with any sort of ‘daddy’ poo poo was a guy abruptly saying ‘call me daddy’ when we were fooling around.

I laughed in his face and told him to leave.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

fruit on the bottom posted:

Maybe try switching fetishes? You get dominated and she gets called Momm-you know what don’t do that.

This is of course Also A Thing

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
Only "Call me..." statement a dude should ever make during sex is "Call me Ishmael" and then follow up with a 15 minute tirade about whale jizz

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Admiral Ray posted:

Only "Call me..." statement a dude should ever make during sex is "Call me Ishmael" and then follow up with a 15 minute tirade about whale jizz

Tharr she blows!

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Crying again because a man with a mustache walked passed me, the life of a never-daddy is fraught with danger. Billboard for Daddy's Home 3 on the commute to work almost made me crash.

Giving my name as "Dad" at the coffee shop, they laugh thinking it's a funny joke, but it's the only thing keeping me alive.

dudeness fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jun 5, 2018

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe
My gf is super into Simpsons memes and insists on calling me "duddy" :dudsmile:

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I (f24) saw my boyfriend (m26) comforting his friend (f26) and it gives me a bad feeling.

quote:

We've been together for 6 months now and I am in love with this guy. I know it hasn't been that long, but I can see having a good future with him.

He has this friend, Sam. Sam is currently in med school so I don't know her well since she is very busy. My boyfriend always makes time to see her though and vice versa. I have met her a few times.

I know Sam is one of his best friends, if not his best friend. They met in college. They know a lot about one another, have been there for each other, and rely on one another still in way I think is unhealthy for two people who aren't together.

I was walking around a last week with my friend when I saw my boyfriend with Sam. They were sitting on a bench together, her head on his shoulder, she was in tears, and he was comforting her. He kept wiping away her tears. My friend wanted to go up and say something, but I didn't, so we watched from afar before I got tired of it and left.

It talked to him about it a few days later and he said she was really upset and stressed about school and everything she was doing and he was helping her through it. I believe he's being honest, but it seemed like an intimate moment between two people that I wrongly witnessed.

This isn't the first time I have been worried about her. The way my boyfriend talks about her concerned me too. His whole face lights up when he does. When he sees her, he's instantly happier. He doesn't act the same with me or with anyone else.

For the past couple days, I've been stewing on this and what I should do going forward. I do not want to break up with him, that's not an option. I am not comfortable with their friendship. How can I express that to him and what can be done about it?

TL;DR: I witnessed my boyfriend comforting his female friend. It makes me uncomfortable they are so close. How can I express that to him and what should I ask of him to make me feel better?

Jesus, seriously?! He’s happy to hear from his friend! He comforted her while she was crying about med school stress. I’m uncomfortable!

Some delightful tidbits from OP’s broke brain:

quote:

-I don't think my boyfriend would be doing this if it were a guy friend of his.

-I know she was there first. That doesn't mean she gets first priority

-I meant prioritize her feelings/their closeness over mine. I don't want him stroking her hair or holding her hand. I don't want him wiping away her tears. It isn't that much to ask.

-Well, no, but I do think that he shouldn't be physically close with another woman and I don't see anything wrong with that.

-I don't see why friendships need to include resting your head on someone's shoulder, wiping away tears, squeezing their hand, and so on. It was an intimate moment that went past friendship.

And a fervent OP supporter:

quote:

There's nothing casual about holding hands and wiping the face of a friend. There's also nothing wrong about having a problem with it.

Dear God, man! He squeezed her hand. He wiped tears from her face! How dare he do something so inappropriate!

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

LadyPictureShow posted:

Dear God, man! He squeezed her hand. He wiped tears from her face! How dare he do something so inappropriate!

Are you being sarcastic? I can't think of anything more intimate than that that doesn't involve genitalia or the tongue.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

This conversation already reminds me a lot of the foot-rub talk from the beginning of Pulp Fiction

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

This conversation already reminds me a lot of the foot-rub talk from the beginning of Pulp Fiction

Ok, yeah, a foot rub. That would be way up there too.

e: LadyPictureShow is obviously Marcellus Wallace's wife.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

That said it would be inconsistent of me to say "it's understandable to freak out if you come home early and your girlfriend is in bed with her male friend, even if they have a pillow between them" one day and say "it's not understandable to freak out if you walk into the park and your boyfriend has his female friend's head on his shoulder, even if it's because she's sobbing about how hard med school is" the next, soooo it's understandable that she's freaking out

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I had some friends during grad school/PhD that were freak-out stress criers. And I’ve sat with enough of those friends letting them get it all out, so I don’t see it as an overly intimate thing that someone should be uncomfortable over.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

this is the same problem with rape fetishes imo. like even if having that fetish is fine, who is your ideal partner, for that? like, if you brought up that fantasy, do you want your partner to respond super enthusiastically? I feel like that would be a bad vibe. but if they're not into it (as they should not be), what's the endgame. they perform some violence that they do not want to commit? it just seems like there's no good solution

i had a terrible roommate once who had MAJOR issues with women. he was a proto incel, except he occasionally got laid by scraping the absolute bottom tier of okcupid

anyway he would bring these women back to our place and try to introduce them to me in some kind of "see? i can get laid too, haha we are not so different after all and there is no reason for me to feel inferior" scheme but ignored the fact that i was absolutely never interested in meeting any of the random women he brought home

not the woman who brought cupcakes with her on a date, which she was unwilling to share

not the woman who drank a sixer of tallboys between when their date pregaming started (5pm) and when i got home (6.30pm)

not the woman who would trail off in the middle of conversations to get a blank expression on her face, and start crying for no apparent reason at all

the absolute worst though was when i brought my own girlfriend (future wife) home and we got to spend a thrilling half hour listening to insane drama. during this half hour his date for the night - already pretty angry, from the sound of it - got increasingly furious as she tried to goad him into raping her. he was trying to deescalate the situation but in a pathetic way which would ensure he would still get laid. she, on the other hand, demanded repeatedly and loudly that he beat, strangle, and violently rape her, and that he was too much of a limp dicked chickenshit of a man to treat her as roughly as she deserved. eventually she just stormed out, saw us sitting there, spat "gently caress you too" and slammed the door so hard as she left that our neighbor came to ask wtf was going on. that guy was a complete trainwreck lol

e: i just remembered i took this guy to one (1) party with my social circle, before i knew what a giant waste he was. he decided to wear his best party kilt, and brought a pistol. i told him that this is not the kind of party he should be armed for, he said he was worried about violent crime. this all took place in an extremely safe middle class neighborhood, i think another issue he had was that he was from one of the 99.5% white parts of the united states and just got really tense whenever he saw a black person, and this story takes place in atlanta, so...

anyway i convinced him to leave his pistol in the car. we went inside the party and he immediately, like a starving dog, began hitting on all my female friends in a clear pecking order of who he thought was most attractive. it was ruthlessly efficient, as soon as he got shot down he would go hit on another woman. taken, married, gay, standing there with their partners, it didn't matter. he interrupted one woman, who was chatting with a friend she hadn't seen in years, to try to start a conversation about the band chumbawamba. lord what a disaster of a man

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jun 5, 2018

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

LadyPictureShow posted:

I had some friends during grad school/PhD that were freak-out stress criers. And I’ve sat with enough of those friends letting them get it all out, so I don’t see it as an overly intimate thing that someone should be uncomfortable over.

I think this is one of those things that's different between two girls from how it is between a guy and a girl. Like for example female friends share beds all the time, but that's weird enough when it's a guy and a girl that it caused a whole big derail yesterday.

Or, like, sharing a dressing room

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
male friendships have almost no intimacy (no not like that weirdos) so imo it's not surprising that most men are confused by it, because for them any time they're doing something intimate, even just like regular friendly intimate like being a little bit vulnerable it's only with whoever they're loving

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

LadyPictureShow posted:

But surely they could wipe their own tears, or grad school just that debilitating?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

tactlessbastard posted:

But surely they could wipe their own tears, or grad school just that debilitating?

:rolleyes:

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

boner confessor posted:

he interrupted one woman, who was chatting with a friend she hadn't seen in years, to try to start a conversation about the band chumbawamba. lord what a disaster of a man

I thought this guy was a jackass until I got to this part. How could you let this man out of your life

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

male friendships have almost no intimacy (no not like that weirdos) so imo it's not surprising that most men are confused by it, because for them any time they're doing something intimate, even just like regular friendly intimate like being a little bit vulnerable it's only with whoever they're loving
Eh, dudes just tend to express themselves differently. I've helped plenty of guy friends get over super lovely stuff in their life, but it doesn't involve them crying on my shoulder while I tenderly stroke their hair and wipe tears from their eyes. You just spend time with them and do stuff they wanna do or listen to them vent about the situation.

If I was the lady in that OP I'd be a bit weirded out too, because she absolutely knows it's not something he would be doing with his male friends.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
My favorite time I saw a dude strike out with every woman at a party is the time a friend of a friend came. He proceeded to drink a 12 pack of Steel Reserve very quickly, and then a few minutes before he passed out in front of the fridge on his way to another beer, using discarded beer boxes as a pillow, he had this conversation with a lady out on the patio:

"You're so beautiful and awesome. We should hang out sometime."

"You're drunk."

"No. No I'm not. OK, I am."

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Meme Emulator posted:

I thought this guy was a jackass until I got to this part. How could you let this man out of your life

he only knew that one song, and he thought it made him sound cool to know about that song, because then he could talk a little about british pub culture which is extremely cosmopolitan and sophisticated

he didn't know anything about the band's anarchist politics. he only knew that one song that got popular in the usa and he sincerely thought that people sit around drinking classy beers and talking about philosophy etc. in british pubs. british drinking culture and the imminent threat of japanese invasion in ww2 were two of his favorite things to talk about, and the funny thing about his obsession with pubs is that he was a complete baby who hated beer

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Physical intimacy is not just confusing for most men, it's confusing for most women when they see men engaging in it (see: this OP, also every single "I caught my boyfriend engaging in a non-sterotypically-masculine activity; is he secretly 100% gay :ohdear:" r/r post)

Gender roles affect not only your self-image but also others' image of you

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

loquacius posted:

That said it would be inconsistent of me to say "it's understandable to freak out if you come home early and your girlfriend is in bed with her male friend, even if they have a pillow between them" one day and say "it's not understandable to freak out if you walk into the park and your boyfriend has his female friend's head on his shoulder, even if it's because she's sobbing about how hard med school is" the next, soooo it's understandable that she's freaking out
It's understandable if she's uncomfortable in the moment but once the context is explained to her it's super unreasonable for her to double down on her boyfriend needing a 1 meter no-touch zone around his oldest and best friend even when said friend is having a stress breakdown. Like for all she knows Sam could be a lesbian, or see bf as a brother and be completely and utterly unattracted to him. And that sort of emotional intimacy wouldn't be unusual between two female friends, it's just there's a strong aura of no-homo in dude friendships that, as far as I understand it, kinda makes it hard for guys to ask for comfort when they're super stressed out or sad and need it. Like even if their parents died or something.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
My closest childhood friend and I have the same kind of relationship as OP's boyfriend and friend, but thankfully when I introduced her to my now-wife, the two of them hit it off in a similar way and we're all super close.

Long term friendships are a part of who we are, and if she cares about her boyfriend, OP needs to accept his friend, and hell, maybe even try developing her own relationship with this person.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
“best party kilt”

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Note: my advice obviously doesn't apply when said friend is an rear end in a top hat, and/or trying to gently caress him without him realizing it

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Pick posted:

“best party kilt”

he had multiple kilts, and it took him so long to pick one i can only assume he wasn't picking his worst one to wear to a party full of strangers where he would be making a first impression

the worst, saddest thing about him - i looked over his shoulder once while he was playing skyrim and i saw he had 600+ hours on one character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

tactlessbastard posted:

Maybe the guy just didn't want mascara on his shirt.