Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Verisimilidude posted:

I want to make a crow friend

it's easy, get a bird feeder, wait for crow.

throw hotdogs near them, not at them.

then wait. buy lots of hot dogs.

then the main crow shows up. he's/she's this big loving bastard crow the size of 2 seagulls. it looks at you. you throw 2 hotdogs then.

you now have crows.

also, the crows don't swoop at me anymore. i think they like me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

lmao

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

https://www.wikihow.com/Attract-Crows

E: shamelessly reposting at the top of the new page:

The Jews posted:

In the Talmud, the raven is described as having been only one of three beings on Noah's Ark that copulated during the flood and so was punished.[5] The Rabbis believed that the male raven was forced to ejaculate his seed into the female raven's mouth as a means of reproduction.[6] 

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jun 3, 2018

naem
May 29, 2011

Miracle Mike posted:

you are very good!

please draw Huginn e Muninn

I just draw birds you can use your imagination

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

naem posted:

hey naem for every bird you draw, ill send you a cert for an account up to 20 accounts

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I wouldn't pay a dime for a crow with no feet

naem
May 29, 2011

Lime Tonics posted:

hey naem for every bird you draw, ill send you a cert for an account up to 20 accounts

Dang ok, these take like a week so you might send as much as one whole cert before we both lose interest

poverty goat posted:

I wouldn't pay a dime for a crow with no feet

look at this famcy pants with his "feet" and "dimes"

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

naem posted:

Dang ok, these take like a week so you might send as much as one whole cert before we both lose interest

look at this famcy pants with his "feet" and "dimes"

deal

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
deal

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

poverty goat posted:

https://www.wikihow.com/Attract-Crows

E: shamelessly reposting at the top of the new page:

Noah being a massive perv makes me believe in him as progenitor of all mankind .

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Those are some great crow drawings

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

naem posted:

drat I think this is my favorite one so far.

naem
May 29, 2011

How about donate money to lowtax's patreon and I just share low res unfinished bird drawings unless I forget to but, I retain all legal rights, to bird, dronigns, and you just get to look at them for free on the internet is that ok

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I really like your drawrings naem.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

poverty goat posted:

hornt up raven tales

This Bird Fucks.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Crows are pretty cool

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
What other creatures boned down on the ark?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
They are rascals

naem
May 29, 2011

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
There's a crow at my work who can't fly for some reason but for the last year he's been hopping around the gardens quite happily and seems to eat okay and stay away from cats.
I dunno what's wrong with his wings, but they have white featheres scattered here and there so he looks sort of like an inverted dalmation dog.

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007
Someone earlier mentioned an artist playing crow sounds, which sparked a memory of a weird Japanese musician/artist I saw at a music festival. Dunno if this is the same person:

http://sputniko.com/2011/08/crowbot-jenny-2011/

I've tried making crow friends before while feeding the birds and squirrels at the park, but they're pretty wary of people, and everytime I have made some progress, a dog walker wanders by and the crow retreats. :(

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

StevoMcQueen posted:

Someone earlier mentioned an artist playing crow sounds, which sparked a memory of a weird Japanese musician/artist I saw at a music festival. Dunno if this is the same person:

http://sputniko.com/2011/08/crowbot-jenny-2011/

I've tried making crow friends before while feeding the birds and squirrels at the park, but they're pretty wary of people, and everytime I have made some progress, a dog walker wanders by and the crow retreats. :(

is the song her singing or is it a vocrowloid

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
The crows are making crow soup in the birdbath again which means breeding season I think

Crow soup is disgusting. I set up a cam at the birdbath and discovered its mostly vomit mixed with colorful berries

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Miracle Mike posted:

you are very good!

please draw Huginn e Muninn

I tried to think what they look like but I can’t remember.

indyrenegade
Apr 5, 2018

and that man's name? ENRICO FERMI
yes.

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
In short OP, yes.

dadrips
Jan 8, 2010

everything you do is a balloon
College Slice
crows and all corvids are the best. I really like Australian magpies, they sound like wee robot dinosaurs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV4qZ_lgStw

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Is there a non-human/primate, non-avian animal that could war with the crow and it be a fairly fair fight?

Like a fight between crows and raccoons. Who would win? What kind of numbers on each side would we have to have to make it a fair fight?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

JediTalentAgent posted:

Is there a non-human/primate, non-avian animal that could war with the crow and it be a fairly fair fight?

Like a fight between crows and raccoons. Who would win? What kind of numbers on each side would we have to have to make it a fair fight?

A mirror, its shiny and its weird.

mirrors would win

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

dadrips posted:

crows and all corvids are the best. I really like Australian magpies, they sound like wee robot dinosaurs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV4qZ_lgStw

I think I remember this from the animal does thing series and it owns.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Oh, I found it!

https://www.thestranger.com/seattle/artists-loving-with-crows/Content?oid=18729483

In a key scene, young Tokyo artists drive around the city with a stuffed crow hanging out the window and fake calls blasting from speakers. Hundreds of crows follow the car in complete confusion. The stuffed bird, the recorded calls, the speeding car, the laughing artists—the birds do not know what to make of it. Should they bomb the automobile? Is bombing a car even a good idea?

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
A crow stole a french fry out of my hand once at a food court. That’s my crow story.

I was trying to work “quid pro crow” into this post somehow but :effort:

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

I believe crows are also iridescent. Down here in Florida they are shades of blue and black and look really pretty in the sunlight.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Grizzwold posted:

A crow stole a french fry out of my hand once at a food court. That’s my crow story.

I can't remember if this has been posted yet.

https://youtu.be/HWXe7Js6GnI

"Thank you human hatchling. You're one of the good ones."

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Grizzwold posted:

it truly was... a feast for crows :grrmsunglasses:

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Here are some crow requests I drew a while ago. They are not as good as the other guy's.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Crows are extremely cool and good.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Here are some crow requests I drew a while ago. They are not as good as the other guy's.

I like them :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Crow update,

the one in the bush by the birdbath owns the yard now.

it chases away the rabbits and eats the snakes.

it poo poo on my rhubarb plants though.

so im skeptical.

• Locked thread