Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
B, he seems deserving as the ceremonial constitutional monarch while the Majlis retains actual power, just as it does now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aqu
Aug 1, 2006

But Mooooooooom
B

What will you do if C has the most votes but the sum of A & B are greater?

Eleven Eleven
Nov 12, 2016

Voting B as the pragmatic option

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

mossyfisk posted:

B

I may be mistaken, but Raed Zulfiqar turned out to be pretty anti-absolutism, didn't he? Probably our best bet for a sultan who'll accept a very restrictive constitution. And no one will want to mess with arguably the greatest military commander alive. Plus - if we don't give him the job, the army will next time the Majilis kills itself...

Any idea what his eldest son is like?

Yeah, Zulfiqar is still very much opposed to absolutism. He's also very old though, and his views won't necessarily be those of his successors (think Frederick III and Wilhelm II).

As for his sons, their personalities will come down to Victoria 2 RNG. You can definitely assume that his eldest son will have been groomed as a tactician though, if not a politician.

aqu posted:

A

What will you do if C has the most votes but the sum of A & B are greater?

If monarchist camps can't decide on a single candidate, then that's down to them. C wins.

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3
C, but I'd accept B, despite it smacking of Bonapart- er, Tirrunism.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Hashim posted:

Yeah, Zulfiqar is still very much opposed to absolutism. He's also very old though, and his views won't necessarily be those of his successors (think Frederick III and Wilhelm II).

As for his sons, their personalities will come down to Victoria 2 RNG. You can definitely assume that his eldest son will have been groomed as a tactician though, if not a politician.

In that case, I'm firmly in the C camp. I could buy B as an okay choice if Zulfiqar was around for a few decades, but I'm not willing to trust his unknown sons to provide stability when they could turn out to be another set of Mad Hunchbacks.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
You guys know what one thing is worse than the Moroccans and French combined? The loving Jizrunids!

I'm largely ambivalent, but voting B feels like the more roleplay-y option considering Raed did acknowledge the leadership ability of al-Houd by the end of the war.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
We did not depose despots to merely invite another to take their place. Raed Zulfiqar is a hero of our nation, and he knows well what it is to fight for the people. Long may he reign as Grand Vizier, but may the insult of Sultan never sully his good name. C

I could be convinced to go B if we've getting a strong Constitution as a package deal.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jun 5, 2018

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

C

No kings. And no, you can't prove that I'm trying to destabilize the county in an attempt to cause a communist revolution as soon as communists actually exist

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Destabilizing too early is gonna result in an anarcho-liberal dictatorship lol

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

B

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

B, Zulfiqar is the Sultan we need.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

TheFlyingLlama posted:

C

No kings. And no, you can't prove that I'm trying to destabilize the county in an attempt to cause a communist revolution as soon as communists actually exist

I can't wait to start HoI IV as a less-than-minor power.

Zikan posted:

Basically this is why. Trying to force your country to destabilize only results in lovely factions like the Jacobins and :ancap:

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Zikan posted:

What's the Arabic transliteration of Proudhon?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
A Bonstitutional monarchy would sound like the wisest bet.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
C

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

if zulfiqar has any sense, he'll reject the crown

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Let's pick the kinda smart option for once and go with B.

Mr_Autoshades
Dec 5, 2016
B

I think Zulfiqar has earned a nice retirement as the figurehead Monarch of Al-Andalus

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

CommissarMega posted:

A Bonstitutional monarchy would sound like the wisest bet.

This. I sympathize a lot with C, but I am concerned that we would get crushed between France and Morocco.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
B

Erwin the German posted:

I'd accept B, despite it smacking of Bonapart- er, Tirrunism.

The way we're describing Zulfiqar, it sounds more Orleanist than Bonapartist.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

C Andalusians didn't endure decades of war just to bend the knee to a new Sultan.

They did it to bend the knee to the Majilis!

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

B, if we have a monarchy then it'll be a lot easier to destabilize in the later half of the century and become the beating heart of the world revolution. Second time's the charm!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I'm taking a whip count, fellow Majlis, and it's looking like they're going to give Zulfiqar the crown, 2-1 for giving up our hard won authority. We better start on our list of demands for the constitutional settlement before they can bury us with absolutism!

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Monarchies are for nerds.

RubricMarine
Feb 14, 2012

Let's start building Bridges instead of burning them.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

C

What foolishness! Al-Andalus is not a land for kings, and if anyone has proven this, it is Zulfiqar! At his side and under his leadership, we threw out the mad Mahdi, the accursed Almoravid Sultan, and, yes, the Emperor of Europe and his tyrant son! What greater insult to such a man could making him a king be? How will new Zulfiqars rise, when we need them, with another line of fat and lazy dynasts clogging our happily empty throne?

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
What if we give the crown to some random non jizrunid idiot who can be a complete figurehead while cool man Zulfiqar and his elected successors get to actually rule.

Frionnel fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jun 5, 2018

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

C

What foolishness! Al-Andalus is not a land for kings, and if anyone has proven this, it is Zulfiqar! At his side and under his leadership, we threw out the mad Mahdi, the accursed Almoravid Sultan, and, yes, the Emperor of Europe and his tyrant son! What greater insult to such a man could making him a king be? How will new Zulfiqars rise, when we need them, with another line of fat and lazy dynasts clogging our happily empty throne?

I like the cut of your jib. C

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
B

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

C

You're just mad that the crown isn't being offered to you again. :colbert:

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Voting A. Jizrunids gotta come back so we can kill them off for good.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I was gonna go A for max hilarity, but I'll :bandwagon: onto B so we can play with those fun dynastic events.

edipil
May 12, 2017

Option C
Al-Andalus needs no monarchy.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

B for Bonarchy

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

mossyfisk posted:

B

I may be mistaken, but Raed Zulfiqar turned out to be pretty anti-absolutism, didn't he? Probably our best bet for a sultan who'll accept a very restrictive constitution. And no one will want to mess with arguably the greatest military commander alive.

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

Knock knock
who's there?
Ben
ben who?
Bend the knee!

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009
B!

We're not actually part of the winning coalition, we just hopped on the bandwagon right at the end and history has shown why we shouldn't alienate all our neighbours. We shouldn't push our luck too hard. That said, we should offer the crown to the man who worked for Al Andalus his entire career rather than some effete Jizrunid exiled prince who has never even been to the country.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

We need a Bold new course for the new era!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Anyone we could find some childless old guy to be King, force him to cede power to the Shura, then reassert the old order when he dies in 20 years?