Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

tallkidwithglasses posted:

It’s right up next to the storm eagle in the “oh my god why did they design it this way” pantheon.

Never forget that Forge World actively hates you and wants you to suffer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Hixson posted:

I did this

Straight up, I've never liked Night Lords, but that is beautiful work.

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

Hixson posted:

I did this

That’s awesome work. What’s your rusty metal recipe on the doors?

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Thanks guys :shobon:

My metallics are all real simple. The silver is just leadbelcher over a black basecoat with a black wash, brown wash, a sepia wash applied sporadically, then a leadbelcher drybrush.

The bronze is Balthasar gold washed black with a leadbelcher drybrush

Also a shameless plug of my insta:

https://www.instagram.com/loyalistsareboring/?hl=en

Hixson fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jun 4, 2018

Bad Decision Dino
Aug 3, 2010

We'll invade Russia.
Hixson, your Night Lords are amazing and are seriously tempting me to throw a lot of money at Forgeworld. A++ would warcrimes with

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
ah yes, the humble and easy to put together dreadclaw

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

It ain’t that hard ya babies

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
In other news, Angron has been out of stock for a year.

WTF Forge World?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
theres other places selling angron

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

theres other places selling angron

:ssh:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

GreenMarine posted:

In other news, Angron has been out of stock for a year.

WTF Forge World?

Wow. No kidding?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

They just forgot to put it in the Last Chance category.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

ijyt posted:

They just forgot to put it in the Last Chance category.

There is still later this week

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Horus the Warmaster’s Last Chancers

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
what the gently caress is going on

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jun 5, 2018

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
RIP

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Mango Polo posted:

what the gently caress is going on

To easy to check to be a really effective, but nice work!

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'm going to a Warhammer Weekend thing this week, and they're supposed to have Forgecast stuff there. Are there any kits I should keep an eye out for that are fairly universally useful and not available in plastic?

I was thinking maybe a breacher squad or a Deredeo but advice from people who actually play the game would be great. Primarchs are cool but it would sit on my shelf untouched because I don't trust myself to paint one.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I'm going to a Warhammer Weekend thing this week, and they're supposed to have Forgecast stuff there. Are there any kits I should keep an eye out for that are fairly universally useful and not available in plastic?

I was thinking maybe a breacher squad or a Deredeo but advice from people who actually play the game would be great. Primarchs are cool but it would sit on my shelf untouched because I don't trust myself to paint one.

A vanilla Sicaran, or the Arcus version are both solid choices. A Deredeo or Leviathan dread are also fantastic.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Leviathans are great in both 30k and 40k, and they're a lot of fun to build and paint. If you have a legion with unique units (or a unique contemptor), they're usually awesome sculpts and are often at least decent. Beyond that, Sicarans (just stick with the standard or the Arcus if you're feelin' spicy), laser vindicators, or one of the flyers are also solid choices that could be a nice modelling project.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

tallkidwithglasses posted:

If you have a legion with unique units

Except for the Space Wolves, I guess :(

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.

JcDent posted:

Except for the Space Wolves, I guess :(

A friend of mine is having his birthday soon. I've convinced him to get back into the game with a legion list. Of course he insists on playing space wolves, so as a birthday gift I've ordered him a sicaran and a heap of MKIV despoilers (with some extra power axes) to make grey slayers. He loves the MKIV pattern armour but he really didn't like the look of the slayer kits for some reason.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

krursk fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Jun 6, 2018

JcDent
May 13, 2013

But just thing how this dude would fit in with the rest of SW termies! :v:

An SW player should deffo look into trying to put the 40K FW SW termie torsos on them plastic Cathapracti legs.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

krursk posted:

A friend of mine is having his birthday soon. I've convinced him to get back into the game with a legion list. Of course he insists on playing space wolves, so as a birthday gift I've ordered him a sicaran and a heap of MKIV despoilers (with some extra power axes) to make grey slayers. He loves the MKIV pattern armour but he really didn't like the look of the slayer kits for some reason.

Despoiler kits are really good for Grey Slayers. I’m not a huge fan of the real kit either. There’s some good torsos, and a couple good heads, but not a fan of the rest

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Hixson posted:

Despoiler kits are really good for Grey Slayers. I’m not a huge fan of the real kit either. There’s some good torsos, and a couple good heads, but not a fan of the rest

Yeah, Despoilers are good, especially if you look at how awesome the MK III wolves look.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
Current Warlord Status: Still a Work in Slow Progress but damnit I'm actually painting.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

krursk posted:

Hang on does he have barrels pointing at his face as well as at target lol

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

JcDent posted:

To easy to check to be a really effective, but nice work!

A good slack poster would have played along, not called out.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

krursk posted:

The hell is going on with his gun there?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Beerdeer posted:

The hell is going on with his gun there?

He's reversed one of the bolter shells on the belt so that it will explode inside his bolter, resolving his shame at being a Spess Wuff?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
:siren: Future of 30K stream in 10 minutes. :siren:

Get ready for mad.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Where's that?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

moths posted:

Where's that?
GW's Twitch channel.
https://www.twitch.tv/warhammer

It's free to watch live or you can subscribe and watch all their old streams. If you have Amazon Prime, you get a free subscription so I just use that.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Oh cool, thanks. Looks like I picked a good day to have a sinus infection!

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
HH Book 8 is only being released as DLC for Inquisitor - Martyr.

Here are renders of the in-game object:

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Schadenboner posted:

HH Book 8 is only being released as DLC for Inquisitor - Martyr.

I...

You're kidding, right?

Please?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Boy, this stream is full of good info.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I'm sorry that the IA14 release (Fires of Cyraxus) is said to be "Not Imminent".

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Summary? When I tuned in they said they were done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

GreenMarine posted:

Summary? When I tuned in they said they were done.

I too would like a summary about the dead game I just started building my first models for.