Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Baaically any colour except the gold they use works. Even just darker gold.

Will likely do mine silver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/06/05/soul-wars-announced/

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Per the Stormcast podcast, the AoS core rules are now 18 pages.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

berzerkmonkey posted:

A 450% increase, how will AoS players cope

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
Rioting in the streets, screaming skull catapults hoisted outside GW's headquarters. The usual response.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Ah, Friday.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Corrode posted:

A 450% increase, how will AoS players cope

By burning their armies, as was done in the End Times. And, lo! all is a wheel, returning from whence it came.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I really hope that the endless spells get separate releases as having to buy the rules multiple times if you want extra minis (or rely on eBay scalpers) doesn't sound like a fun time.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Likely they'll part them out into smaller sets at a later date. Depends on how the spruces are cut.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
That teaser video for the new boxed set was pretty drat neat. I'm guessing that the original boxed set + the old Start Collecting: Stormcast box + this new starter will combine to make a pretty reasonable army in second edition so I may actually try to play a bit.

Anasurimbur
Nov 18, 2010

SHODAN Processing Component 43893
Anyone have a guesstimated price point? I forgot what I paid for the 40k Box Set of Dark Imperium which looks very similar. I think it was... 160ish but I might be completely wrong.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Likely £95. Don't know what it will be in your moon money.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Anasurimbur posted:

Anyone have a guesstimated price point? I forgot what I paid for the 40k Box Set of Dark Imperium which looks very similar. I think it was... 160ish but I might be completely wrong.

Dark Imperium is $160 U.S.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!

A close look at the factions provides your guide to each of the Grand Alliances. Learn how the disparate forces of Order forge common cause in the free cities, explore the serried hordes of Chaos or learn about Nagash’s dark schemes for the Mortal Realms.

R.I.P Destruction, too cool for lore

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Destruction is getting folded into Order

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Honestly gently caress Destruction, 4/6 people signed up to our new Sigmar tourny are using loving Beastclaws and I'm dreading it.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Well I'm right chuffed*.

This is a sweet looking boxed set.

* My British friends tell me this means something positive.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Zark the Damned posted:

I really hope that the endless spells get separate releases as having to buy the rules multiple times if you want extra minis (or rely on eBay scalpers) doesn't sound like a fun time.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that each army will only have one of any given spell roaming around at any time. I could be wrong, but even for GW, it would seem crazy that that they would make you buy what is essentially a starter and hardcover rulebook more than once.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

berzerkmonkey posted:

I've heard that also includes stuff like the army construction rules etc, apparently the actual gameplay rules are only up to around 6-7 pages.

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

berzerkmonkey posted:

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that each army will only have one of any given spell roaming around at any time. I could be wrong, but even for GW, it would seem crazy that that they would make you buy what is essentially a starter and hardcover rulebook more than once.

They apparently cost points so that's the limitation.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
sigmarines look dumb because of their stupid helmets and pauldrons, not because of their official paint scheme

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Quicksilver Swords being deployed against a Slaughterpriest

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
New Malign Portents story.

Nothing could go wrong.

Sounds like we're gonna get some crazy anti-Stormcasts at some point.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I like that the spells are all one big set.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

sigmarines look dumb because of their stupid helmets and pauldrons, not because of their official paint scheme

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Sigmarine funeral-mask helmets look great.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Had my first 1000pt game (I am not fast at painting) with my Iornjawz today against a Deathrattle army, had fun and like the synergy going on with my heroes and battlefield units but holy poo poo the army I was against was ridiculous. I thought Deathrattle were under powered or struggled in tournaments or something?

Since the FLGS opened last year the Deathrattle player has literally only lost one game and that was due to the foot of gork exploding to a silly high number.

For example: his list this evening was:

5 x Black Knights
10 x Grave Guard
40 x Skeleton Warriors
1 x Necromancer
1 x Wight King
2 x Banshees

Those loving skeleton warriors were putting out anywhere from 20 to 250 attacks a turn a long with getting two 6+ saves for all his units on top of their normal saves.

This is before getting to the grave sites covering the battlefield regenerating and replacing his killed models/units.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Quicksilver Swords being deployed against a Slaughterpriest

What's that from?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Luminaflare posted:

What's that from?

Warhammer is very anime

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Luminaflare posted:

What's that from?

Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (the TV series, not the movie)

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Luminaflare posted:

What's that from?

Age of Sigmar Second Edition

Fate Stay/Night Unlimited Blade Works. It's on Netflix. The dude throwing the weapons is the heroic spirit of Gilgamesh, an idealized embodiment of his legend.

EDIT:

^Beaten.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Oh, I played one of the recent PS4 games of that, very competent, if odd, warriors style game. The plot made zero loving sense though.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Luminaflare posted:

Oh, I played one of the recent PS4 games of that, very competent, if odd, warriors style game. The plot made zero loving sense though.

The original Fate/stay night stuff, like Unlimited Blade Works, is very good and pretty simple to follow. But when you get beyond that it's mainly just an excuse to come up with new merchandisable anime versions of historical characters.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Luminaflare posted:

Had my first 1000pt game (I am not fast at painting) with my Iornjawz today against a Deathrattle army, had fun and like the synergy going on with my heroes and battlefield units but holy poo poo the army I was against was ridiculous. I thought Deathrattle were under powered or struggled in tournaments or something?

Since the FLGS opened last year the Deathrattle player has literally only lost one game and that was due to the foot of gork exploding to a silly high number.

For example: his list this evening was:

5 x Black Knights
10 x Grave Guard
40 x Skeleton Warriors
1 x Necromancer
1 x Wight King
2 x Banshees

Those loving skeleton warriors were putting out anywhere from 20 to 250 attacks a turn a long with getting two 6+ saves for all his units on top of their normal saves.

This is before getting to the grave sites covering the battlefield regenerating and replacing his killed models/units.

Sounds less that he was playing Deathrattle and more that he was playing one of the Legions of Nagash. From his army I would wager on Grand Host of Nagash or Legion of Night.

Also the Foot of Gork is cool.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

nah, I think it really is the paint and GW photos. A lot of the sculpts are really well done.

For example: the same model by GW and someone else:

The GW gold with bright silver highlights and photos make everything look blown out and overexposed, and the details look really noisy. The composition of that mini is really good and comes out really well with better blocking on the colors.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Huh it looks like the New spells rules and stuff are actully cheaper then thought. Being $10 less then a start collecting.

Also it does look like the start is the same as Dark Imperium 160 US.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

Luminaflare posted:

Death got better with the new book. Is your FLGS short on shooty or fast armies? In a straight fight the bones will kick your teeth in but it’s not hard to snipe the heroes or run circles around the slow skeletons to grab objectives or force him to leave gravesite auras.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Luminaflare posted:

The storyline it's based on was created for a PSP game series and it makes very little sense. They're fun games though.

Guy Goodbody posted:

The original Fate/stay night stuff, like Unlimited Blade Works, is very good and pretty simple to follow. But when you get beyond that it's mainly just an excuse to come up with new merchandisable anime versions of historical characters.

This.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Booyah- posted:

nah, I think it really is the paint and GW photos. A lot of the sculpts are really well done.

For example: the same model by GW and someone else:

The GW gold with bright silver highlights and photos make everything look blown out and overexposed, and the details look really noisy. The composition of that mini is really good and comes out really well with better blocking on the colors.

those both look bad to me, because the sculpt looks like a cartoony world of warcraft hero. the non gw looks like its painted using the same scheme with less talent, and the white balance is darker

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

the sculpt looks like a cartoony world of warcraft hero

I have bad news about the entire GW product line since 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
there are plenty of new gw figures that dont look like some chunky f2p wow clone character tho?

• Locked thread