Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Not much time left on our break before school picks up again. Probably for the best, since we're swiftly running out of things to do during the day here.

Living With Determination -Iwatodai Dorm-

Newscaster: The detainee was an unemployed 30-year-old man intensely devoted to cult-related magazines...

Not much to do in the dorm today, at all, so we'll just check out the TV now and... wait, a suicide cult "ring" guy has been arrested? We know someone that fits that description...

...But Nozomi hasn't been arrested. Phew.

Joy

> Nozomi seems more energetic than usual.

I did it! I finally met my quota! I found someone else to welcome into our flock!
Well, well! Speaking of which...

Finally, Paradise is smiling on me!
Just stop it.
Y-You think I should just abandon these people in their sin?

> Nozomi seems furious.

I'm trying to save these people! ...People who have been suffering, just like me!

If... If this is how you really feel, Makoto, then we're through!
Don't follow me around! Only true believers are allowed into Paradise!

> Out of concern for Nozomi, you decided to follow him.

Calamity

A shakedown!

...an emergency! A serious emergency!

Middle-aged Man: You going to talk about the end of the world some more? I remember another cult that got into that... Except they weren't really about "initiation fees," I think it was just about giving up material wealth. A lot of these cults just borrow ideas from other, actual religions, don't they? Tell the truth!

Y-You mean... This was all a trick?

Middle-aged Man: You went too far, kid. I tried to do this civilly, but I don't even feel bad anymore. ...Try not to hit his face. If he gets scars, then he'll be able to press charges or something.

Ah... Ahhh... *sob* Am I gonna die? I... I... *sob*

I'm not s-scared...!

Wicked Man: Ah geez... He's getting snot everywhere.

...Makoto!?

N-N-No, c'mon... *sob* I hate pain!

> Nozomi really seems to trust you.

> Your relationship is stronger now!

Troubled

Wicked Man: ...Look, we gotta take off. I have work, and this is a drag.

Middle-aged Man: Look, just forget about the money. But, I don't ever want to see you near my son again!

> After taking Nozomi home, you returned to the dorm.

Not much else to do today, unfortunately. We could go to Tartarus, sure, but eh nah.

There's plenty of time for that, even if we do need to squeeze a lot in quickly.

As you know, this is something that someone would really, definitely say.

That includes atacks by Shadows.
So if a person is found injured, the attack is usually blamed on a robber.
And if someone disappears, it's considered a kidnapping or an abduction.
These incidents are sporadic...
...and are classified as mysterious causes because everything about them is unexplainable.
But now, the numbers of incidents are increasing so fast that they're drawing the public's attention.

I wonder if anyone actually thinks that's true...
It kind of reminds me of those advertisements in the back of a magazine...
You know, the ones that say, "Buy this product and you'll be happier!"

Oh yeah, and everyone has something new to say. Mostly about the cult stuff, of course. Akihiko's was different, though, so maybe someone else will be too.

We'll need those eyes to see through the lies of that cult.

Brainwashed by the cult.
Y-You're joking, right?
I mean, you can't be serious...
...cuz if that's how it's gonna be, I'm not going, dude!

There have been a lot of people reported missing as well.
This is not good.
Society is crumbling before our eyes.

It makes me sick... I hope our school won't be like that.
It'll be okay.
I hope so...

But, people have different ways they want to be saved...
Some people want money, others want peace...
I wonder what the cult members want...

We could, and arguably should, watch the TV right now but I'm sure better stuff'll be on this evening.

Plus our daytime stuff today is really quick since Nozomi gave 0 points before, naturally. Threshold for getting from rank 9 to 10 is only 5 points, though, so it's such a non-issue.

Narrator: This man was the first patient that the young doctor was not able to save. Tears rolled down his eyes...
Newscaster: That was our special report. Coming up next, the news.

Just check out the news tonight and... well, that's it. Yep.

Maybe should've staggered everyone else's dialogue, in hindsight.

Not much to do today, though, so we'll just skip right on over to Nozomi.

Joy

L-Let's go to Hagakure!

> You decided to grab some ramen with Nozomi.

Everyone compared me to my brother, and I was never able to surpass him. Not at anything.
For a while I'd hit him for no reason, but he always treated me like a brother.
We did always enjoy eating together... But, when I was in 8th grade, he got food poisoning.
...I guess it was undercooked or something...
But I couldn't even cry. I was relieved, because I finally didn't have to measure up. I felt free.
That's terrible.

At first, I tried to be like my brother. I went to cram schools and did martial arts and everything...
...but I was never as good as my brother had been, so I started to feel like people were laughing at me.
When I eat, all I need to focus on is the table in front of me... everything else disappears.
See? That's what the Gourmet King is really made of... I only ate to make the voices in my head shut up.
But, if I keep going like this... I'll never be anything like my brother, will I?
You should be yourself.
...I guess. So, I should only worry about being myself...?

That might be true...
You're right!
Of course, Makoto! I can never be like my brother! We're two different people!
Ha ha... How could I miss something so obvious?
Thank you, Makoto... I really owe you one.

> Nozomi appreciates your help.

The Path Is Open

> A mysterious voice rings in your head...

Joy

Sandalphon's level 74 and so thoroughly mediocre for something we might not even get a chance to use. He's even upgraded from vanilla where he was level 71. Yes, really. He's got an added immunity to Strike and has Akasha Arts added to his moveset. Shame that he sucks.

This is gonna be a recurring trend today.

And, hey, added bonus: now we've only got 3 links left to spend time on. Empress, Fortune and Sun are all that remains.

...Because you're the new king. All hail Gourmet King the 2nd!

> Nozomi took something out of his jacket pocket and handed it to you.

The restaurants in the strip mall gave this to me because of how often I eat there...

I feel like I've been a fake all this time... But, I will become the true Gourmet King one day!
I wil become a food critic. It will be my job to eat... And I will master it!
Then, once I die and go to the afterlife, I can face my brother...
And he'll be impressed by the fact that I was able to master something, all by myself!
Hold onto this until I achieve my ultimate destiny, okay?
I may have lost my position, but once I educate myself in the ways of the culinary arts, I shall reclaim it!
That's my promise to you... and to my little brother.

...and I just realized this ramen is actually really good!

> After Nozomi ordered an extra bowl of ramen, you returned to the dorm.

We should, shouldn't we?

The Voice Someone Calls

So, we will. This is our party composition this time around, and we don't have much else to worry about. There's only 3 quests available now, so we probably won't be back to see Elizabeth just yet.

But, hey, we've made it what is clearly definitely the final block now. Both because we've been told as much implicitly and explicitly. And also because it's at the top of the screen.

tartarus_0d06

In a bizarre twist, the instant we enter the block Fuuka knows where the boss is!

...Oh, wait.
......!
Only around five more!
We're almost to the top. We can do this together!

In an even bizarrer twist, Fuuka's suddenly become so competent she can tell us exactly how many boss fights are left.

And just entering the block gives us a rank up for the Judgement link. A few ranks come from getting to specific floors and floor 215 is the very first one.

Speaking of which, welcome to Adamah. The second world in Kaballistic tradition and it's a very simple word. It is Hebrew for "earth," with a lower-case e, or "country." It's also a very pretty and simple white but it's not overtly clean; it's got a weird filthy tint to it that makes it seem a little off.

And its super-hard to see most of the time, but the background in battles now is meant to play into the general atmosphere and moon stuff.

In particular, it's meant to be visualy similar to Van Gogh's painting The Starry Night. I can definitely see it, but it's a little hard to make the connection when playing. All in all, I'd have to admit that Adamah is my favourite block overall really.

Speaking of fights, Adamah has 29 new Shadows to deal with (30 if you include the requisite Gold Hand). Fortunately, they're not all around immediately, but that's easily more than any other block. So, let's get to it then...

Mass Destruction / Wiping All Out

So, Shadows in Adamah start at level 65 with the Amenti Raven here. They're potentially a little bit more survivable than normal. Sort of. Amenti Raven is a poor example though, because they cast Mamudoon and don't have any resistance to Curse.

Repelling Fire is more of a minor annoyance than anything else, since they sometimes come with stuff weak to Fire.

Not necessarily the Bigoted Maya, but they're weak to Fire alright. Being Mayas, they're also incredibly boring and have very little to talk about. Ziodyne isn't a big deal any more, Diarama is a wasted turn presuming they get one (no).

Death Dice are very, very simple and very blunt. They like to kill you dead. Resistances are more varied and interesting than a lot of other stuff in this stretch of Adamah. That's about it, really, since they're weak to Mitsuru.

Slaughter Drives have a relatively lot of health and... that's about it. Tetrakarn is weird and pointless; Makarakarn would make more sense but still presumes they'd get to use it (no). Matarukaja and Power Charge are almost threatening with that Deathbound, but getting 1 turn is a stretch never mind 3.

Green Sigils are maybe the first real possible threat in Adamah purely because of Sexy Dance. Repelling Expel is kinda neat and draining Elec is a nuisance when they inevitably come with Amenti Ravens.

Megidola is ridiculously stupid and pointless though. Spirit Drain isn't as intimidating as it seems since it only drains 20 SP.

Death Castle is, well, a tank. 1200 HP all but is comparable with bosses, but that's all it has going for it. Weak to Wind helps cut through its health quickly, but it's just survivable enough to maybe not drop immediately for once.

Still won't get turns but it's the best attempt at it.

And finally, we have Onnen Musha. A level 70 Strength Shadow who stands out by being, well, here and not with the level 70+ dudes. Meanwhile in his stead up there we have two different Shadows that are in the 60s.

That's basically about it as far as this guy goes. He's a pretty standard Musha but with a Fire weakness this time. No resistances, so he's really banking on those Evades. They won't help, though, so whatever.

...I guess he has a nice eyepatch?

Oh yeah, and we have Rank 9 cards in Shuffle Time now. They're mostly just the same as ever, but at least now the stat boosts in the Wands rare alternative result are pretty dang good.

Have I ever mentioned that can happen? I don't even remember. But, yeah, it can. It's not at all common but it gives your active Persona a stat boost. +5 isn't too shabby, all things considered. Beats what you can get from cards, never mind the arcade.

tartarus_0d06

Real quick, there's a lot of new equipment we can obtain in Adamah which is nice. Damascus Rapier is the most relevant for this party composition in particular...

Being a stronger sword than what Mitsuru has been using since the Hanged Man fight (barely) and it has a more generally useful added effect.

And we even managed to snag a rare pair of women's boots for Mitsuru as well.

Evading Elec isn't a big deal at this point, but the only other person who can use it is Yukari. She needs that effect even less now, really.

Floor 220 brings with it 3 Shadows to fight, as per usual. We'll take a brief run back downstairs via the Terminal for the full heal and all.

Poem For Everyone's Soul (Reincarnation) / Blues of the Soul

And while we're here, since Makoto hit level 66 during the ascent we'll make some new Personae. Mostly off-screen, but Kohryu's noteworthy since he's our Hierophant capstone, made in the exact way you'd expect and...

...He's kinda garbage and it takes spending so much time and effort to fix that. He gives a Heart Item at level 73 which grants Null Strike. That's sort of okay, I guess, but by default Kohryu is incredibly bad. He's primarily Magic/Endurance and his only default skills are Samarecarm, Mediarahan and... Weary Thrust. Two spells that don't care about his stats and Weary Thrust.

Weary Thrust is sorta good sounding on paper, with a base 405 power, 99% accuracy and a 5% crit rate. Problem is that it gets a power boost from being Tired. Which at this point requires actively trying to get, and his Strength isn't super great for this point.

Hermit Noble Seeker x3 (Portable)

Master of Tartarus / Danger Zone

So, anyway, Kohryu's trash and I'm not gonna waste time making him useful. Not worth it. We'll just dunk on these Seekers and move on.

This is such a low-effort easy fight. The Seekers have all the dynes, both single and multi-target, sure...

But they sure don't use them all that cleverly or anything. That's basically it as far as they go.

...Yes, really. They have 1700HP and SP each so they don't even last that long. Sure, they resist Fire, Ice, Wind and Elec but that's it. It would be a really boring fight, but it's far too short to really even register. That they only have 31 Endurance plays into that, too.

End

tartarus_0d06

We're one step closer to the promised place!
I know we can make it! Keep it up!

Beating bosses (snrk) in Adamah also give us ranks for Judgement. This could play out the same way as the normal "reach a floor" rank up, by making it trigger at the start of the floor after a fight. Glad they don't do that, though, because it feels more like something you earned this way.

Well, it would if it was attached to real fights. Noble Seekers count in name only.

They dropped 15 Beads, which is nice I guess, but the chest is just one Egg.

And this is where things would normally end, but first I had to take folks and let 'em catch up level wise.

...During which, a Gold Shadow turned up. Gonna take advantage of that, then.

Need 3 of these things, though, so this is not at all close enough for it. Sorry, Akihiko. Your gag weapon is a pain in the arse to get.

gently caress it, while we're here lets use Raktapaksha. Level 65 required, since it's Gurr + Garuda. It costs 15% SP for Dekaja which can maybe Knock Down.

Dekaja costs 15SP if you ever feel the need to cast it (you won't; enemies don't (de)buff much here you may have noticed). Rakapaksha costing 15% makes it actively useless. Knock Down is nice and all, but it's not worth the absurdly high SP cost that comes with it.

A gust of wind so fierce that it's hard to remain standing...
If you're wearing a hat, take care that it's not blown away.
Oh... doesn't one of your friends always wear a hat...?
I wonder what he does with his hat when you use Raktapaksha...
Please accept your reward.

Junpei's winter outfit might very well be the last one we obtain. At least for real.

Because Akihiko's is next and it requires being level... 87 to get. Yes, really. Rakapaksha is level 65. Last Judge is next and it's gated behind level 87. The final Fusion Skill request requires level 88.

There's several between Last Judge and that one. Just for quick reference, because we might not even see them, here's the remaining level requirements in order:

Request 74 is Last Judge here at level 87.
Request 75 requires Susano-O to do, so that's level... 76. Goddammit, Elizabeth.
Request 76 requires two high level Personae, for once, but the highest one is 78.
Request 77 is a pretty simple pair, and requires Makoto to be at least level 82.
Request 78 is the final Fusion Skill request, which is level 88.

Yes, after this, they drop back down to a more realistic climb. loving hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

that's how nozomi's link ends?

it feels like they had half a link, then just put in a different half to fill up time

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I hate how they handle the Judgement link for P3 as it just feels so meaningless besides giving you a rough idea of how many more floors you have to do before you are finally done with Tartarus.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Someone at Atlus must have been having a really lovely morning when they programmed the last gold shadows quest. Three of the bastards? gently caress you. :mad:

Also, one GameFAQs guide for FES I read says it's theoretically possible to make a quad-elemental Kohryu, so that's something. Presumably if you have four hours to burn on nothing but setting up fusions... or you are playing Portable and have skill cards. :v:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

StandardVC10 posted:

Someone at Atlus must have been having a really lovely morning when they programmed the last gold shadows quest. Three of the bastards? gently caress you. :mad:

Also, one GameFAQs guide for FES I read says it's theoretically possible to make a quad-elemental Kohryu, so that's something. Presumably if you have four hours to burn on nothing but setting up fusions... or you are playing Portable and have skill cards. :v:
IIRC, skill cards make it easy to make a quad-element anything, because they override the normal fusion inheritance types, like Demon Sources in Strange Journey.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I love how the guys menacing Nozomi just get bored and give up.

Two high schoolers?!? We're outta here!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Kohryu was one of my end-game heavy hitters alongside Seth in P5 so it's a shame to see that he sucks in 3.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Fuuka's starting to sound like she's taken the cult's Kool-Aid. Reaching the promised place? I know y'all have this "appointment" with Ryoji, but considering what's gonna happen, that is a bittersweet reunion at best. Ryoji only called it the "promised day," because as humanized as he's become, he's still an eldritch abomination at heart.

Was Sandalphon always kinda garbo? I remember hearing on the grapevine that he sucked in Soulless Army, but it's surprising to hear he's bad here too.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Ibblebibble posted:

Kohryu was one of my end-game heavy hitters alongside Seth in P5 so it's a shame to see that he sucks in 3.
I used Huang Long/Kohryu in endgame Strange Journey and the first part of endgame SMT 4.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

January brings with it our first genuinely completely free days. Since we've maxed out every link we can do on off-days (that aren't Sundays), we have nothing to do today!

At least we get to see Lisa on the TV again. There's no one from Persona 1 or 2 with a birthday in January, so Trish's segment won't be coming back again unfortunately.

Today's Cantonese word is "Hoisamuro"! Punch the air and say, "Hoisamuro!"

That's all for this week! Back to more cult-related news!

Since today is free for whatever, I'm just gonna use it for a cheap stat boost at the arcade because gently caress it, why not.

And then we're gonna do something more important and take Koromaru out for a walk.

Joy

I'm actually looking forward to it. Everything seems so different now...
If you wouldn't mind, perhaps we could walk home together after classes tomorrow?
I'd like to see the town with you, Makoto-san...

Boy, that sure sounds important.

> You spoke with Aigis for a while.

Hm? You're hungry? Well...
I will give you a small snack when we return. Just a little one, okay?

Going back to school on a Friday seems incredibly weird, all things considered. I dunno, it just feels off to me.

Memories of the School

In the off-chance that you're just not talking to anyone, ever, this might be the first time you can get confirmation of their being a cult. The posters and stuff made it obvious, yeah, but they're not acknowledged for all of December so...

Listening Student: Hey, don't call it that if you don't know anything about it. The Fall is coming; it's already decided.
Gossiping Student: Oh... Well, if it's already decided, then it can't be helped. By the way, about the homework for second period...

> The first bell has rung.

That they're so casual about The Fall seems weird, but considering to normal people that's just a dumb cult thing it makes more sense.

No more booze... Oh, you guys are underage. Wow, I feel sorry for you.
Well! Let's get right down to business. It's a new year, so we'll start with the basics.
It's a simple concept, but students often get it wrong. I'm talking about the apostrophe.
Okay, Makoto.

It's wrong.
That's absolutely right.
"It's" is a contraction of "it is".
"Its" is a possessive word. You could say "its tail" or "its temperature", but not "its wrong".
There's another pair of words that are commonly confused...
"They're" and "their" have the same pronunciation, but they're not interchangable, so watch out.
Now, open your textbooks.

If you really want to hate English pronunciation and homophones, then I recommend trying to read The Chaos Poem. It's something special, that's for sure.

Could you come with me for a sec?
Okay.
Let's go to the rooftop.

Silence

It's almost Coming of Age Day, ya know.
I used to just think of it as a day off...
But now, I wonder if I'm even gonna live long enough to celebrate it...
You worry too much.
*laugh* Yeah, I guess you're right.
It's been pretty weird around here lately...

Senpai said it's because there are too many Shadow victims and the memory revision can't keep up.

Oh, and have you heard about that doomsday cult?

Really wanna make sure you know that there's definitely a cult around. Two unmissable mentions of it today, huh.

They've been running around town telling everyone they see that the end of the world is coming...
Man, we need to do something, and quick.
I agree.
Yeah, I guess they can somehow sense what's going to happen.

They haven't done anything yet, but I know they've gotta be planning something.
And we need to take care of them, too.

*laugh* I never would've imagined that happening last spring.
But then again, I never thought it would come to this.
Ya know, I don't think it's completely hit me yet...
It's just all so hard to believe...
But, that doesn't mean we should just sit around and wait for it to happen.

That thing was inside you for ten years, and you harnessed its power and made it your own...
I'm glad I met you.
It's embarrassing to say it, but... that's really how I feel.

Of course

Friends to the end, ain't we my friend? We kinda blend together. Coffee and cream: boy, what a team! You'll never find two other guys, compatible as steak and fries...

Memories of the School

I'm going to ask her out! Don't worry, I know she'll say yes! I mean, she was the one following me around in the first place! I'm going to make her mine!

Since we're back to school now, we can head right on back to the roof and see that these two are back here.

I hope he's not going to ask me out...

It's surprisingly mundane, all things considered. Not even considering using the impending Fall as a shite excuse, which is a nice thing to see really.

Anyway, we'll head back to the classroom and speak with Aigis. She did ask last night after all.

It's been a long time since I first came to school... My outlook on many things has changed...
But I'm not sure these changes are for the best...
...Makoto-san, do you have any plans after school lets out?
If it's all right with you... I would like to walk home with you.
Okay.
I'm glad to hear that...
Oh, but there is one place I would like to visit before returning to the dorm.
...Shall we go?

Tranquility

So, this scene was a new addition for FES. The entire conversation up to this wasn't even in the original vanilla release, either.

Before, I couldn't understand the benefits of coming to these places called "shrines."
But lately, that has changed...
This is also where we met Koromaru-san last summer...

Now I can understand his reasons for doing that.
What drives people isn't necessarily facts, but feelings...
He knew for a fact that his master had died, but his feelings of wanting to be with him made him stay...
It's the same for me.

Subconsciously, I was following my feelings rather than the available data.
I was so confused at the time that I didn't notice it, but to tell the truth...

> You sense faint affection from Aigis.

The Power of the Heart

The biggest change for The Journey in FES is that it adds a new Link. As you might remember from forever ago, Edogawa gave an explanation of the Major Arcana in what he erroneously called the Thoth deck. I alluded to it then, but Aeon is what replaces Judgement in the actual Thoth deck.

We even already have an Aeon persona, by the way. You may, or may not, have noticed in a boss fight at some point that we have Uriel in our stock. Uriel was in Vanilla, as a level 54 Tower Persona oddly, but here he got upped a bunch to the first Aeon Persona at level 63. There's only 5 Aeon persona total, including the rank 10 unlock, so I'm glad to already not have to worry about it.

And, yes, this is the real last Social Link now.

Tranquility

I talked about "what drives people"...
But of course, Koromaru-san and myself aren't "people."
*chuckle* I'm sorry.

> Aigis looks somewhat lonely.

> You decided to go back to the dorm.

Well, I wouldn't say that. Doomsday cults aren't really THAT common.

Can you think of any effective ways to counter them?
Eliminate the cult.
...I would prefer not to do that.
Eliminating the cult should only be our last resort.

Why would you want to keep the death cult that's getting people hyped up for The Fall?!

I thought more people would oppose it.
But, it's like a fire drawing moths to its flame.

They have no clue that this may be the last third term ever.
Isn't it weird that we're the only ones who know about this?

...but I was wrong.
All our classmates are talking about the end of the world now.
*sigh* They have no idea what's really going on.

Some people are fully devoted to it.
We have to do something about Nyx...

She wasn't trying to convince us to join it, though.
But I heard that a lot of teachers at the high school are trying to convince their students to join it.

Newscaster: Due to the epidemic, the parents are unable to visit their relatives, and...

It's pretty conspicuous how that's everyone but Junpei, huh? Don't worry, since you likely noticed that Koromaru's not there either...

'Scos they're both up on the second floor.

We better find them, before they make more trouble for us.
Why don't we let Koromaru sniff them out?
Woof...?

> Koromaru tilted his head.

The Voice Someone Calls

Ah, what the hell, it's a short climb so we'll squeeze some more Tartarus in now. Much like with part of Harabah, this is just a nothing climb really...

tartarus_0d06

Well, mostly. We did manage to pick up a special new gun for Aigis that I will definitely give her once we get back downstairs.

Really not much else of note until floor 224. That's when Fuuka manages to find the next boss. Disappointing return to the normal trend there, really.

But, hey, we get another Judgement rank at that point too.

But that's it. Because there's no new Shadows at this point, it was just pure luck that determined getting the Brigid's Flame. Well, we're at the boss floor already, so we'll take a brief detour as per usual.

We'll give Aigis her sweet new gun, while we're at it. Over 300 Attack, a decent Accuracy and it has a fixed added effect for good measure. It always gives Aigis +3 to St/Ma/En/Ag/Lu which is pretty nice, all things considered.

Somehow I managed to get the missing Platinum Medal. I'm shocked too.

That means you've defeted each of the rare, medal-bearing Shadows.
I have the perfect reward for you...
A special glove...
It promises to be as entertaining as it is effective.
Please accept your reward.

Akihiko's joke weapon. It's exactly the same as the rest of 'em and thus completely loving useless at this point. Thanks, Elizabeth.

Plus side: there's only 8 requests left in total and they all have decent rewards. Two in particular are extra special, but we'll get to them when we get to them.

Also Makoto is level 68 now. That means he can make Cybele (she's okay) and more importantly Abaddon. Abaddon isn't super-great or anything, but we want him here because of his Heart item, The Tome of the Void. He gets it at level 74 (so one level after fusion!) and it grants really early access to an otherwise unique-to-one-Persona passive ability called Unshaken Will.

Unshaken Will is Persona 3's Null Ailment skill. Kind of. Persona 3 is weird because it has ailment elements, but this never really comes up or matters because they're almost all Mind elemental. The only ones that aren't are Poison, Shock and Freeze (but Shock and Freeze are so niche and rare that no one cares). If you get the chance to see Unshaken Will's help text, it does clarify that it's protection from "mental ailments" but the Heart Item claims all ailments period. This is a bit misleading because it's just Null Mind instead.

Don't worry, that's less complex than it seems. Persona 3's just being wacky is all. Let's do something that's just as simple as it seems and beat up some snakes.

Lovers Carnal Snake x3 (Portable)

Nah, these snakes aren't powerful at all.

They're also really boringly simple, honestly. If you have anyone that's immune (or better) to Fire, they cast Fire Break. There's 3 of them. Junpei and Koromaru are guaranteed to be Fire immune at this point and, by the way, Abaddon nulls Fire too. There goes their entire first round.

There's other stuff they can do afterwards, but they're easy to lock down in the most uninteresting ways possible. Got any buffs up? Dekaja'd. They can cast Dekunda too, but that's rarer.

If there's nothing else that catches their attention as a priority, they'll just go for like an Agidyne or Maragidyne usually.

Sometimes they'll shake things up and try to cast Mudoon... or Mamudo... but that's less likely.

They can also buff too. Tetrakarn's the only one I got them to use over like 4 different runs, though, and that was after critting all 3 at once with Myriad Arrows. They can also cast Tarukaja or Rakukaja, but not Suku. Only single-target stuff, though.

But, well, that's it really. They CAN cast Life/Spirit Drain too but really who cares? Oh no, a fixed 35HP/20SP.

1600 HP/SP, 46 Strength, 57 Magic, 36 Endurance, 33 Agility and 45 Luck. All very ho hum. Tetrakarn was obviously because they're susceptible to all 3 Phys elements, sure. But their elemental resistances are odd because they're Fire, Elec and Wind. Notably not Ice for whatever reason. If you've got it, you could give Mitsuru the Blazing Flame (from Surt) and she'll run roughshod over these guys.

End

tartarus_0d06

3 bosses left, and so far each one has given an odd rank for the link. Something's obviously gonna change for that because it's impossible for that pattern to keep up the entire time.

2 Eggs this time is what we get from the loot just past the Snakes. Sure, why not, I guess.

Don't worry, next time we go to Tartarus it'll be more substantial. And involve something worth our time more than the Carnal Snakes and Noble Seekers.

Memories of the City

Today's a super-short day with no school scenes of any kind. Before we go do something else, we'll take a trip to the Antiques Store and make Akihiko a real new pair of gloves. Cybele gives us our sixth unique weapon, and it's a classic pairing at this point of "elemental damage and appropriate boost" for good measure. Its accuracy is a bit bleh, but the attack power is a good boost for Aki at least.

That queued up ready to collect on Monday, we'll go hang out with Mitsuru.

Joy

Do you remember when I said I was hesitant to meet with you like this...?
...Well, could you just pretend you never heard that?

And...
I should confirm my decision.

> There's a melancholy tone to Mitsuru's voice...

...Hey, Yuki.

Or, is that being selfish?
Let's do it!
...Oh, I'm glad to hear that.
Let's visit all the restaurants you introduced me to, in order.
I can go anywhere now... as long as you're with me.

...Thank you, Yuki.
Let's make some memories that will last forever.

> You understand how Mitsuru feels.

> Your relationship is stronger now.

Mitsuru's really good at just ending her link scenes immediately after the rank up, huh.

But, it's weird... I was pissin' my pants all last month.
But, since I decided that I was gonna fight, I'm not scared anymore.
...Hey, let's go to Tartarus, man. We gotta do what we can do, right?

We just went, dude. We're not going back today.

Akihiko-san and Mitsuru-san are both gonna ace it.
They try to hide it, but they study all the time.

"Hiding" their study habits sure isn't a thing that's true at all. Especially for Mitsuru.

Newscaster: Going into the month, safety-related companies are seeing large gains. The apocolyptic thinking that's spreading among the populace is said to be a major factor...

Of course TV stuff is just about people profiting monetarily off The Fall. It was pretty inevitable, really.

And so we don't end on that note, I'm glad we've got time for another day.

Yeah, it's Coming of Age Day.
Like I said, I'm just hoping I can make it to my 20th birthday.

Yes, Akihiko and I will be taking it. I believe it's on the 16th and 17th.
It's only held during the day...
...so we'll be back in plenty of time to go to Tartarus.

Only Junpei and Mitsuru have something new to say, and even then Mitsuru's thing is just repurposed from Junpei's last night.

I'm pretty glad and relieved that Phoenix Ranger Featherman R manages to be appropriately nonsense for a tokusatsu show, even now.

Memories of the City

But, anyway, it's Sunday so that means we're off to see Akinari!

There's something important I want to tell you...
I must warn you, though. It's a little depressing...
Okay.
Thank you...

Living With Determination (Reincarnation)

I finished my story and wanted to show it to you...

> Akinari wears a calm smile.

As you know, I was having a lot of trouble with the ending... but I finally figured it out.
Since the alligator ate his friend the bird, he cried and cried for a very long time.

His tears became a beautiful lake, around which grew beautiful flowers and a tree with delicious fruit.
The other animals in the forest came there often to relax...

The end...

Honestly, it's not what Akinari intends at all but it's really easy to read this as a message about your legacy in the things you leave behind.

That's the ending I decided on.
...Even though the alligator did not find meaning in his life, the residents of the forest did.
They just didn't realize it...

It's really what others think of my life or what I was able to do for them.
So... for me, or you, or anyone... the meaning of our lives is something that we make but don't see.

I don't know if that made sense, but... ...Do you kind of get what I'm saying?
Yeah, I understand.
I'm glad...
This is the notebook... I wrote my story in. It's all I have to leave behind.
I want you to have something... since you shared my last moments.

Thank you for everything...
...Coming to see me, talking... even discussing the meaning of life...
I... I can be glad that I was born...

> You can understand Akinari's kindness.

The Path Is Open

Living With Determination (Reincarnation)

In a perfectly timed moment, we gained access to Asura for if Makoto ever hits level 85 (no). Asura's pretty okay, but most noteworthy is that Unshaken Will just-so-happens to be his unique skill! He even starts with it innate, for good measure.

Maybe... some day...
I hope...
...we meet again.

> Akinari is gone.

> You gripped his notebook tightly and decided to head back to the dorm.

So, uh... Akinari was already dead. Probably not the entire time, but it's technically possible I guess. That sure makes this the most conclusive link ending possible at least.

:smith:

Lotus Aura fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Jun 4, 2018

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

Even two games later Akinari's social link stands out as one of the best ones. Rest in peace, friend ;_;7

Aigis' is also one of my favourites, looking forward to that one being shown off.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

I like Aigis but I don't like her social link that much. It does have lots of animals, I guess.

Dragonatrix posted:

Going back to school on a Friday seems incredibly weird, all things considered. I dunno, it just feels off to me.

When I was in elementary school there was some scheduling weirdness going on with snow days or something, and during what should have been a whole week off there was a single day we were supposed to come to school. I found it deeply offensive. Japanese kids are probably used to stuff like that, though.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I'm surprised during all of Junpei's talk of Strega, he didn't mention his dead waifu. I guess if there's one thing that would make him chill the gently caress out when it comes to Makoto, it would be that.

Then again, on the plus side if they can't stop Nyx, at least he'll be reunited with her. It's a win-win situation for him when it comes to fighting an ancient incarnation of death itself.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

Senpai said it's because there are too many Shadow victims and the memory revision can't keep up.
The...

The what? Did I miss a plot point?

quote:

They haven't done anything yet,
Strega: Summarized

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

Rest in peace Akinari :smith:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Like we got told before by Junpei, today's a day off. Which, well, means that we've got absolutely nothing to do today!

Most relevant thing today is this group of four up on the second floor.

It rhymes, so it must be true! :v:

Everyone is talking about how the world is going to end, as if it's a fact.
Man, why are people so weak?
Not everyone can be like us...
Unlike robots, human are all unique.
Some people never give up, while others submit immediately.

Myself, I would never believe in it.
When I think of my friendship with Natsuki-chan, I have no need to join the cult.
The bond of friendship...
It sounds like a fairy tale, but I believe it is what all humans seek.
I agree, the most important thing is the connection two people share.
That's right... No one can survive alone.

I wonder how many people truly believe in it.
It seems much of the public is openly saying that the end of the world is coming.
Yeah, even people I know.
Most of them got interested through friends.
I heard some people talking the other day, too.
They were saying that every day is so boring, the end of the world wouldn't be so bad...
In other words, this cult is kind of like shopping...
It helps people fill the emptiness they feel inside.

Here we are bustin' our asses, and they go and pull this crap.
You can't just blame the cult.
The cult exists only because there are people willing to believe in it.
I guess that's true...
Well, we have to do something...

Only one last thing to do today and see what's on TV...

Newscaster: However, due to Apathy Syndrome, many of the parties had to be cancelled.

Not much of substance, though. Appropriate for this day in particular, really.

Just gonna go and pick this up while I remember, though. It'll probably be nice for Akihiko if he gets a chance to use it.

Now, we'll just skip ahead from here to a more relevant day.

Memories of the School

Gossiping Student: Lately, even the late-night comedy shows have been talking about the end of the world... It feels creepy.
Listening Student: Are you still talking about that? By the way... I wanted to show you this magazine that hit the stands today.
Gossiping Student: Magazine...? Don't tell me it's about cults.
Listening Student: Well, just read it for yourself. You'll see how true it really is.

So, uh, there are still lessons and stuff in January but there's less than no reason to care about 'em at this point. Unless they're particularly interesting, or worthwhile, I think we'll just skip past these.

It's been a long while since we last spent any time with Keisuke. I was a bit worried that we might've accidentally triggered the second-worst mechanic from this but thankfully we dodged that bullet.

See, the 60 day time limit for girls you're """dating""" isn't the only time limit. Every link has a 90 day time limit before it reverses, though mercifully there's nothing that cuts time out of that one so you likely won't know it exists.

Why yes, that was also removed from future games and also Portable. It's a terrible, shite idea and I'm glad it never really comes up.

Joy

> During the middle of a club activity, you decided to leave school with Keisuke.

I just don't know what I want to do...
I mean, do I want to become a doctor... or do I want to participate in Photography Club...?
All I know is that I'm not going to school or back home until I figure it out...
I'll just find somewhere else to go until then...

...I'm glad I had a chance to talk to you before I left.
Tell the other club members I said goodbye!
Hold on.
Sorry, my mind's made up...

Take care of yourself!

Calamity

What's wrong with her?
Well, she's having trouble breathing, and she's running a fever...

> Keisuke seems concerned.

I may be jumping to conclusions here, but...

> Keisuke is looking through the old woman's purse.

I think she suffers from chronic bronchitis...

Keisuke really is just if WebMD was a person.

So if she caught a cold, it may have exasperated the symptoms...
Call an ambulance, Makoto-kun! Hurry!

One quick fade to blue later...

Joy

It's up to the paramedics now...
W-Well, I should get going...

Calamity

My train's about to leave... Wh-What should I do...?
I'll handle this.
O-Okay, Makoto-kun...!
I'm gonig to go ask the station attendant to call an ambulance...
You stay here and perform first aid on him.

There's a couple of choices of "things to do" here for First Aid that are all just pointless crap and it adds nothing. Skipping past that faffing around.

...I think he's having a cardiac arrest!
Make him sit up...
O-Oh no! He's not breathing! And his fingernails are...
...I-I have to do something, or this man will die...
Can you give me a hand, Makoto-kun?
Turn him so that he's facing upward... gently now...
Now, if I perform CPR while giving him a cardiac massage...

> The old man was placed in an ambulance and taken to the hospital.

Joy

Thanks for your help, Makoto-kun...
I couldn't have done it without you.
Can you believe it? We save their lives!

> Keisuke has expressed his gratitude to you.

Well, I decided that I'm going to go back home.
I know what I want to do now... Guess I should apologize to my dad, huh?
Alright then, Makoto-kun, I'll see you at school!

> After saying goodbye to Keisuke, you decided to go back to the dorm.

As if it's making up for yesterday being a complete deadspot, we even get a real scene today.

We're all going to Hagakure. Wanna come?
Sure.
Wow, that was easy.

Regrettably, yes.

Oh, you probably forgot all about it by now.
Well, you won in the end... even if it was Aigis.
But whatever, Akihiko-san still lost, right? It took me like six months to make him accept that fact...
So c'mon, everyone else already left. We gotta hurry!

Sounds good to me.
Okay, five specials, please!
Man, this is awesome!
Akihiko-san's NEVER treated us all to ramen before.
Hey, why do I have to treat everyone?
Tch, not this again...
Come on, Akihiko-san, a bet's a bet. Pay up!
Alright, alright! I never said I wouldn't.

"Emergence of a Messiah: The Charismatic One Speaks"
It must be about that doomsday cult. They're all over the Internet, too.
Wh-What the...!?
There's a picture of their leader...

Fearful Experience
boy, this sure hasn't turned up in such a long time

And so now we know for sure that Takaya really is a Cowboy Jesus. Plus this sure is a way to try and tie everything together, that was even vaguely hinted at back when Chidori died and all.

...I thought something was up. So, Strega's behind that cult...
Tch, I've lost my appetite.
Listen to what he says...

"But soon, a savior will descend upon this world to break the chains that bind us, and lift us to new heights."

"In Nyx there is no pain... no suffering..."
How the hell does he know about Nyx!?
Wait, he's saying that Nyx will save the world!? That's not true!

That son of a bitch...
"But, there are those who do not understand this truth, even though they have also been blessed by her."
"They have acquired the same power as I; yet they abuse it, using it for their own personal gain."

Wait, is he talking about us!?
Shhh! Not so loud!
Oh, sorry. Hey, what's up with them calling him the "charismatic one"?
How'd he get so popular all of a sudden!?

This is maybe one of the least surprising things about Strega, really.

He's probably pretty good at stirring up trouble.
Yeah, I bet he orchestrated Takaya's rise to fame...
Ugh, those two make me sick...
"Brothers and sisters, I shall go forth to make preparations for Nyx's arrival..."
"But, do not fear those evildoers who desecrate their gifts. Nyx shall right their wrongs."

"Blessed are those who take joy in the coming of Nyx."
"The revolution is here!"
"Revolution"!? People can't seriously be buying this crap, can they?
"Throughout history, those who have changed the future have often been highly charismatic..."

It appears that after the interview, Jin and Takaya disappeared again.
Well, there's only one place they could've gone--Tartarus.
They must've been planning this all along.
Takaya's words have changed the mood of the entire city.
Even though they won't admit it, they are all afraid...
Yeah...
I mean, why else would people believe this nonsense Takaya's preaching?

Well, no wonder there's a sense of doom in the air... We're all gonna die.
But, is that so surprising?
The fact that all life ends one day has nothing to do with Nyx.
Death is a natural occurrence in the cycle of life. Don't all humans realize this?
I guess...

But since we've made up our minds, why don't we just leave it at that?
Our objective is Nyx. If Strega gets in our way, we'll just have to deal with them too.
I agree.

However you look at it, we're the obstacle standing in their way.
The promised day will soon be here...
...Yeah.
We need to do all we can until then.
Yeah, and we're gonna need lots of energy! So let's eat!
Excuse me! I'd like to order a Hagakure Bowl!
You don't mind, do you, Akihiko-san?

Oh, don't worry. I'm starving.
...You just better eat it all.

As you would no doubt expect, everyone has something new to say today.

He's very popular, and has a lot of support from his followers. He's a very charismatic figure.
I can't believe he's the same Jin as the one from Strega...

They're acting careless... Do they think that they can just write whatever they want as long as it helps sell magazines?
That's capitalism.
That's true... but it still doesn't make it right.

But, I'm a little disappointed in the media for being so easily controlled by them.
Do you think the media were paid off by Strega to promote them?
...Actually, that would be even more disappointing...

It would also be completely believable and thoroughly mundane.

Then, would Strega be considered to be in the remaining 5%? The answer is no.
They don't have charisma. They're just agitators who are stirring up unreast in society.

That... that is a charismatic act.

Blaming us for everything that's goin' on...
That really pisses me off!

So, if people have enough confidence, Strega probably can't influence them.
So then, we should just ignore their preaching, right?
I'd listen to them.
Wow, you're really happy-go-lucky. Even in a situation like this, you can still crack a joke.

Would you?
Nah, I wouldn't either.
I assert my individuality through boxing, so there's no room for the cult to come into my life.
You seem to have an activity that you assert your individuality through, too.

Weather Man: Those of you with entrance exams won't have to worry about getting snowed in! Now, back to the studio!
Newscaster: Now back to Hyper-Action News, where we give you all the day's news and more besides!

I do appreciate that the TV isn't also talking about Strega here. It'd be an easy thing to do, but it's really good that it's not the case.

Anyway, Wednesday's a simple day all told.

Memories of the School

Gonna be spending it with Aigis, because we can do that now.

In an unusual move, Memories of the School keeps playing in this scene.

The Moonlight Bridge is to the right, and over there is Paulownia Mall.
Oh, and did you know you can also see our dorm from here?
The ocean waters at Yakushima, where I had been sleeping, were clearer than these...

Before I came here, things such as liking or disliking the scenery never entered my mind...
What about you, Makoto-san? Do you... like this town?
I like it.
I'm glad to hear that!
Feeling the same way, as we view the same scenery...
...It feels nice.

Many feelings towards various things I had not recognized before are making themselves clear now...
It's a little scary sometimes...
But if I can change by being with you...
I want to hold onto this feeling.

> You sense faint affection from Aigis...

It's still January, so I imagine that you are quite cold.
It would be awful if you caught a chill.

> You decided to go back to the dorm.

You can pretty clearly tell where this should be going already, provided it doesn't follow the trend of diverting into something wholly unrelated later. Since it was written after everything else, it should be better but... we'll see.

Since today is the 13th, we only have 18 more days.
Let's go to Tartarus today.
Even though I might be overdoing it, I still want to do as much as I can right now...

Eh, we're not gonna be going to Tartarus for a few days now. We've been twice already this week.

Newscaster: The uproar stems from an article about a cult leader known as Charisma. According to the teachings of Nyxism, there is a power that eliminates worries of the future. Belief in this ability is causing many young students to sign up for the cult...

Only the TV has anything new to see today, though, and it's talking about Takaya. Welp, guess it was inevitable and all but maybe this should've been before we learned it was a Strega scheme.

I dunno, I just think that would've been a bit more interesting.

Memories of the School

Gossiping Student: It's the same one that's plastered all over the city.
Listening Student: The one with the NYX logo?
Gossiping Student: Oh, so that's how it's pronouned... I just like the logo's design. The stuff written here is kinda interesting, too. Maybe I should ask them about it next time...

Today's the best day to just... see if maybe, just maybe, we can finally finish Keisuke's link.

Joy

I want to let you all know that I've decided to quit the club. Please choose a junior as your next leader.
Wh-Why? This is all so sudden...

Then... Then you're...
I'm going to med school to become a doctor!
Did your dad tell you you had to quit because you have to take over the hospital?
...My dad doesn't have anything to do with this. I made the decision on my own.

But since I'm beginning my studies so late, I'll have to pull all-nighters to make up for the time I've lost.
I really enjoyed being your club leader. Thanks for all your hard work.
He's definitely change. It's like, he's someone you can depend on now.
H-Hey, what's up with all the compliments?
Right, Makoto-kun...?

> Keisuke gave you a sly wink.

One quick fade to blue later...

I wanted you to have this.

I received it for being awarded honorable mention.
...Which made me realize that I still have a lot to learn.
Studying for the med school entrance exams is going to be hard, and this would only distract me...
So, I want you to have it, Makoto-kun.
Alright.
Thanks...
Funny, huh? It seems like I'm always asking you for favors, even though I'm your senpai...

> Keisuke seems embarrassed.

Well, just like you're an important person in my life, they have important people in their lives too.
If they had died, they never would have seen them again...
So that's why I'm becoming a doctor.
D-Does it seem like I'm showing off?
No, not really.
Okay, good. I'm just trying to act more like a senpai.

> Keisuke is smiling.

That's because... you did. And you were just a test-run of a link in Persona 4 that does the same thing. But, like, better.

But I'm not becoming a doctor just because my dad's a doctor...
I'm becoming a doctor because that's what I want to do.
If you ever need an emergency operation, I'll perform the surgery.
I won't let anything happen to you while I'm alive...

> You seem to be imporant to Keisuke.

The Path Is Open

Joy

Good news: Norn is level 62, so at this point we can make her whenever.

Better news: she is genuinely good! I know, I'm shocked too! She's a little over-focused on Wind stuff for my liking, and doesn't even have a Heart Item, but she's really, really good at it. And even has the unique Wind spell for good measure.

Are you getting the proper nutrients living in the dorm?
Let's pick you up something healthy to eat on the way home.

> After eating a nutritious meal, you decided to go back to the dorm.

Newscaster: The yen is now 108.42 to the dollar. Japan's currency has experienced a tremendous decline... The result of the Apathy Syndrome and cult teachings is becoming...

Not much in the dorm today, so let's take a brief trip once again to the Velvet Room real quick like.

As you probably guessed, Norn is a unique fusion that can only be made via a triangle fusion of Clotho, Lachesis and Atropos. Since Norn has Wind inheritance and all 3 really like Wind magic themselves this is a big reason of why she's always good at what she does.

That she inherently has Wind Amp and Panta Rhei is the other part. Panta Rhei is a single-target Wind spell that costs 30SP, has an innate 99% Accuracy and it has 650 base power like the rest of its ilk. No added effects because it's a Wind spell.

Her level up skills are the least exciting part about her, really. She learns Regenerate 3 at level 66, Invigorate 3 at level 67 and Absorb Elec at level 69 and that's it. But, y'know, that's fine. She's not complicated, but she doesn't need to be. Gonna be bringing her along for sure, just because she's a really strong spellcaster...

And that's the kinda thing we're gonna need. Yes, folks, we're going back to Tartarus again next time and we're gonna fight my personal favorite boss of the bunch.

The World Balance is a very powerful spellcaster that... takes a lot of its AI cues from The Reaper oddly enough. This includes the ability to get mad and cast Megidolaon every turn. Which is not that dangerous at this point.

In fact, it's so not-dangerous that angering the World Balance is a recommended strategy for making it easier. Yes, really. He becomes more survivable when doing a Megidolaon spam.

Oddly enough, the World Balance is resistant to all 3 Physical elements but completely neutral to Fire, Ice, Wind and Elec. Sorry Siegfried, you won't get to instantly win the fight this time. thank god that was getting boring :v:

So, we'll probably need a team of some kind to deal with this guy, then. Yukari's a pretty good choice since she can heal if need-be (albeit not super well, but probably good enough) and does some decent damage with her own Wind spells.

Junpei is... Junpei is not good here. Surprise, it's a Tartarus boss that is anti-Junpei. I'm sure you're shocked. Marakukaja is the best thing he has to offer for this fight and after that he's just got basic attacks with the Laevateinn to go on.

Akihiko's a pretty decent choice, all things considered. Debuffs are never a bad thing, and he can throw out Boosted+Amped Ziodynes which'd be respectable at least. Not gonna be the most effective use of his turns, but the option's there.

Mitsuru can drop Boosted+Amped Mind Charge Bufudynes. She's still completely terrifying and basically never a bad pick.

Aigis has every buff and Samarecarm for if things really go sideways in a hurry. Her damage is already lacking the best of times, and the World Balance resists her in general so she'll be worse than normal there.

Koromaru is bad. Sorry, Koromaru. I feel like I've said that pretty much everytime, and it's always true. Koromaru's just... bad at fighting bosses. I guess he has Masukukaja, so he can contribute something. :shrug:

Ken is Ken and at this point he's a budget Yukari with worse offense. He could do Boosted+Amped Ziodynes, sure, but he'd be relying on that and Mediarama.

We've been through this song and dance many times now, so y'all know the drill by now:

:siren: Who's coming to upset the Balance? :siren:

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Yukari, Mitsuru, Ken

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Aww, you didn't get Mind Charge on Norn? I did that once, sorta can't remember how though.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Aki, Mitsuru, Aigis

Test out the new gloves.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Dog, Bot, and uhhh new glove so Akihiko I guess.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

StandardVC10 posted:

Aww, you didn't get Mind Charge on Norn? I did that once, sorta can't remember how though.
Like Power Charge, you don't necessarily need Mind Charge on an attacking Persona. As long as it's there, and the Persona it's on isn't weak to an element the boss uses, it's fine.

BrightWing posted:

Aki, Mitsuru, Aigis

Test out the new gloves.
I agree with this.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Black Balloon posted:

this

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
Ken, Aigis, Mitsuru

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
Yukari, Akihiko, and Mitsuru.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

DanielCross posted:

Ken, Aigis, Mitsuru

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

MelvinBison posted:

Yukari, Akihiko, and Mitsuru.

Let's just go with this, since it's the best team for this boss. No need to hold back now.

Tendronai
May 7, 2008

My worst nightmare. It's a dream I have. I'm in a square cell, glass walls, just me and a little castle.
Yukari, Akihiko, and Mitsuru

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

BrightWing posted:

Aki, Mitsuru, Aigis

Test out the new gloves.

+1ing this

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

AweStriker posted:

Yukari, Mitsuru, Ken

+1

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

Ken, Aigis, Akihiko

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Dog, Robot, Boxer

slink_bot
Aug 1, 2016
Yukari, Mitsuru, Akihiko

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

StandardVC10 posted:

You only need either charge on one of Minato's Persona; he'll still be charged if you have him switch.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

code:
  Yukari: ||||||
  Junpei: 
 Akihiko: |||||||||||
 Mitsuru: |||||||||||
   Aigis: ||||||||
Koromaru: |||
     Ken: ||||||
Looks like a lock at a glance, but it's mostly still fairly open to almost anyone.

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Yukari, Akihiko, Mitsuru

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Aigis, Ken, Dog. Embrace suffering.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Black Balloon posted:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Yukari, Akihiko, and -1 Aigis just to be contrary. :v:

One thing I do like is that Aigis is picking up contractions in her speech.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Mitsuru, Akihiko, and Ken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Mitsuru, Yukari, Akihiko, never pick Ken