Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefiel...me=BattlefieldV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

gbs but from 2004 posted:

I love how on Reddit, no matter what the thread is about, it will inevitably end in comments about video games, or how women are somehow to blame for something. usually both

Ha! There's a current /r/AskReddit thread "why did you stop playing video games" with responses like "got busy with life / wanted to be social / got a girlfriend / games got repetitive" and angry responses arguing with them:

* you just haven't played the right games
* I wouldn't be with any girl who stopped me playing games
* you can be social playing games
* if I spent 30 hours a week doing something else like training for the Olympics, would you consider that a waste of time?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Oh do link it, please

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Bonzo posted:

They did Africa too? I thought it was just Rosanna.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/weezer-cover-africa-toto-listen-youtube-fan-twitter-campaign-meme-a8374186.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4c7EE8_IX0

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"
DAE kitties and floofs??? /r/curledfeetsies

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

nonathlon posted:

Ha! There's a current /r/AskReddit thread "why did you stop playing video games" with responses like "got busy with life / wanted to be social / got a girlfriend / games got repetitive" and angry responses arguing with them:

* you just haven't played the right games
* I wouldn't be with any girl who stopped me playing games
* you can be social playing games
* if I spent 30 hours a week doing something else like training for the Olympics, would you consider that a waste of time?

:vince:

Woohoo
Apr 1, 2008
sorry

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

There is an entire subreddit devoted to Elon Musk that I am banned from for calling Elon Musk a rich ugly dork

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Verisimilidude posted:

There is an entire subreddit devoted to Elon Musk that I am banned from for calling Elon Musk a rich ugly dork

I'm banned from one for making a bait thread for long time redditors about SA, then spamming it with news articles about r/girlsgonewild.

Must have hit a nerve.

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

I'm banned from one for making a bait thread for long time redditors about SA, then spamming it with news articles about r/girlsgonewild.

Must have hit a nerve.

That sounds amazing

Shoshie
Nov 22, 2007

nonathlon posted:

I made the mistake of reading a "what's your unpopular opinion" thread and it was full of upvoted gems like "white males are the most repressed group in society", "i know a guy who got a full scholarship to med school for no reason except for the color of his skin", "women have it easy".

There's an entire subreddit called "unpopular opinion" which is full of brave souls expressing their unpopular opinions, such as: "black people can be racist too," and "trans people aren't really trans" and stuff. I saw one regarding Body Positivity and how it got hijacked by exclusively fat people. One poster said something about how they have anorexia and are "fighting" it by eating a bunch which is why they're fat and need body positivity so that they can keep fighting it and not feel pressured to be thin. Some years back I did suffer from anorexia nervosa and have since recovered, and and posted that anorexia is not treated by telling the patient to stuff their face with as much junk food as they can eat, and perhaps they did not have anorexia just because they thought they weren't hungry once. Of course I got downvoted into oblivion, but whatever.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
Wear your downvotes like a badge of honor.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy

central dogma posted:

Wear your downvotes like a badge of honor.

its like having a negative postcount from posting in fyad a lot

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

The upside of this is that some of the same people who are probably fuming at SJWs ruining Battlefield V are posting on the board and will probably buy it.

Marlboro for Cats
Apr 14, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

oh gently caress yeah, thank you Rivers Homo or whatever, this song tinkled sweet piss over the troubled fires of my soul

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004

Heath posted:

Oh do link it, please

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskMen/comments/8nsfsa/those_who_used_to_play_video_games_but_dont_play/

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
Once in a thread about invalid dating complaints, I wrote about those guys who complain that they never meet anyone but also never leave the house.

Downvoted to oblivion.

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

nonathlon posted:

Once in a thread about invalid dating complaints, I wrote about those guys who complain that they never meet anyone but also never leave the house.

Downvoted to oblivion.

Know your audience

Sound Insect
May 27, 2010

One of the best parts about reddit is the whole culture of solidarity surrounding being downvoted, most of which is imagined. "I don't know who downvoted you" in reply to a comment with hundreds of upvotes.

Shoshie posted:

There's an entire subreddit called "unpopular opinion" which is full of brave souls expressing their unpopular opinions, such as: "black people can be racist too," and "trans people aren't really trans" and stuff.

Those guys are generally the ones who have watched too many videos of Sam Harris and Jordan Peterson explaining how hating brown and trans people means you're very very smart. Now they are now absolutely convinced that every single lovely opinion in their head is peer reviewed.

"Why do BLACK people commit so many crimes then? Care to explain THAT? *crickets* Hah, as I thought. I come at you with FACTS and SCIENCE, you come at me with feels before reals."

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

Sound Insect posted:

One of the best parts about reddit is the whole culture of solidarity surrounding being downvoted, most of which is imagined. "I don't know who downvoted you" in reply to a comment with hundreds of upvotes.

Those guys are generally the ones who have watched too many videos of Sam Harris and Jordan Peterson explaining how hating brown and trans people means you're very very smart. Now they are now absolutely convinced that every single lovely opinion in their head is peer reviewed.

"Why do BLACK people commit so many crimes then? Care to explain THAT? *crickets* Hah, as I thought. I come at you with FACTS and SCIENCE, you come at me with feels before reals."

DAE feminists fault?????

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

gbs but from 2004 posted:

DAE feminists fault?????

What’s DAE? I still don’t know

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Julius CSAR posted:

Stands for Dykes: Are Enemy.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Julius CSAR posted:

Does anyone else/ever

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth
I only hosed with Reddit for the dark net market subs and the ones about steroid sourcing, then Reddit nuked all that poo poo. That's some stuff I fuckin hate about reddit.
Black people twitter is still good and funny though, and in a wholesome and unproblematic way at that.

SouljaBoyVEVO
May 19, 2018

From the Ghastly Eyrie, I can see to the ends of the world, and from this vantage point, I declare, with UTTER CERTAINTY, that THIS one is IN. THE BAG.

new friend from school posted:

I only hosed with Reddit for the dark net market subs and the ones about steroid sourcing, then Reddit nuked all that poo poo. That's some stuff I fuckin hate about reddit.
Black people twitter is still good and funny though, and in a wholesome and unproblematic way at that.

It's funny but as soon as the minstrel show pauses to talk about social issues or make a joke about how white people don't season their food threads get locked because 90 percent of the white users subscribed there scream about REVERSE RACISM!!!!!!!! Or how white people are the ones REALLY being oppressed!!! :qq:

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

SouljaBoyVEVO posted:

90 percent of the white users subscribed there scream about REVERSE RACISM!!!!!!!! Or how white people are the ones REALLY being oppressed!!! :qq:

This is all Reddit threads

Also as an aside if sa still did ALOD pretty much every one would just be a subreddit right

Extremely Banned Guy
May 28, 2018

by R. Guyovich

SouljaBoyVEVO posted:

It's funny but as soon as the minstrel show pauses to talk about social issues or make a joke about how white people don't season their food threads get locked because 90 percent of the white users subscribed there scream about REVERSE RACISM!!!!!!!! Or how white people are the ones REALLY being oppressed!!! :qq:

white people not seasoning their food is a stereotype

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Good Tom Groyper posted:

lol

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
Good Tom Groyper posted:

smh

e: whose rereg are you

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

hackbunny posted:

Good Tom Groyper posted:

smh

e: whose rereg are you

I’m feeling taint reaper

SouljaBoyVEVO
May 19, 2018

From the Ghastly Eyrie, I can see to the ends of the world, and from this vantage point, I declare, with UTTER CERTAINTY, that THIS one is IN. THE BAG.

Good Tom Groyper posted:

Case in point.

Everyone knows there's good white people food stop being such a loving baby

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
White boomers and their cooking are why so many kids hate vegetables

Oh, how do I prepare this?... Hm, better peel the skin then boil it to mush

SouljaBoyVEVO
May 19, 2018

I unironically like casseroles and pasta salads.

Also I loooooooove spicy food but I'm not too crazy about salt.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sentient Data posted:

This is no joke either.

Thanks Dad!

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

SouljaBoyVEVO posted:

I'm just glad they stopped trying to write like how they think black people talk, that made me cringe almost every time

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Sentient Data posted:

Salmonella? Not in my house. *Burns all meat*

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth

SouljaBoyVEVO posted:

Iunno, I've seen plenty of important social justice stuff posted there (though certainly not as much as the actual Black twittersphere), and while I would never read comments, it didn't seem like the kind of space that would have much tolerance for what you're describing. Maybe it's changed though, I haven't been on there in about a year.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

My buddy passed away in April and I got his username tattooed in Dovahkiin on my forearm. I miss you man. +6k

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

ugh