Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/emma4change/status/1001500459851448320?s=21

https://twitter.com/JaclynCorin/status/1001499050292674561?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

lmao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Rest In Peace, Revived Games.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I’m picturing a congressional hearing like that Zuckerberg one where some crusty retarded old senator is looking down and saying “so this... ‘Green light’ you give, it, ah, it means that any- ANYONE, who makes a game, no matter what that game even is, can, er... can put it up on your stores, on your servers, and sell it there, and you get money for that? Is that correct?” and Gabe just sits there silently for some time before gulping and nodding

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I’m picturing a congressional hearing like that Zuckerberg one where some crusty retarded old senator is looking down and saying “so this... ‘Green light’ you give, it, ah, it means that any- ANYONE, who makes a game, no matter what that game even is, can, er... can put it up on your stores, on your servers, and sell it there, and you get money for that? Is that correct?” and Gabe just sits there silently for some time before gulping and nodding

if you really want to see him sweat, just wait until trey gowdy busts this out for the committee:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lumpy the Cook posted:

good news greenlight no longer exists all you have to do is pay lord gaben 100 dollars to put your asset flip games up

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

thank you gabe for taking the incredibly win greenlight system and making it even better :worship:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Humble Bobnumerotres Bundle is finally out

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Congratulations, Bobnumerotres (AKA Exbuff)!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol awesome

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

PC gaming FTW

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
wow, one good game for 38 dollars. unbelievable value.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

wow, one good game for 38 dollars. unbelievable value.

salt and sanctuary should be removed from steam along with the pedo anime games

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

extremebuff posted:

salt and sanctuary should be removed from steam along with the pedo anime games

[Bob 10 minutes from now] Hey, why does my Steam library say 0 games

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Hey who bought me Salt & Sanctuary?! You guyyys

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lmao

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
also i know its the lawless landfill of steam but how's it possible to seel a product with the word "metroid" in the title

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Metroidvania is a genre not a trademark

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
well yes, I'm aware, but still, its the full word metroid in a product's name. It seems weird

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

ArfJason posted:

well yes, I'm aware, but still, its the full word metroid in a product's name. It seems weird
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rogue_(video_game)

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Is Salt and Sanctuary bad? I thought I had heard good things about it except the 2001 Newgrounds art for human characters

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only thing I know about it is the epic roasting it received during an IZ AGDQ thread.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Is Salt and Sanctuary bad? I thought I had heard good things about it except the 2001 Newgrounds art for human characters

It's aggressively 'okay'. It'd be pretty good if you wanted a cheap portable Dark Souls, except 1. the portable Vita version came out like a year after the console version and 2. Dark Souls is portable now.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

just my personal opinion but if you really dislike 1 aspect of a game youll probably dislike everything else about it too. the guy who did all the gameplay mechanics and story and stuff was the same guy who made it look like that and thought yeah ... good enough. then again ive never played it. maybe the dev really does like his games to look like that

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

In Training posted:

Metroidvania is a genre not a trademark

if it's not castlevania that plays like metroid its not a metroidvania

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its extremely bad in every way

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im not sure know why but im suddenly tempted to pick up salt and sanctuary for the first time in my life

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

im not sure know why but im suddenly tempted to pick up salt and sanctuary for the first time in my life

never gets old

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

s&s was fun and worth the $5 i paid for it

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

The only thing I know about it is the epic roasting it received during an IZ AGDQ thread.

i remember soem guy playing it trying to like get killed by a horse to clip thru half the map or something which is cool but what was cooler is he kept failing and getting more and more flustered and saying stuff like this has never happened before

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

In Training posted:

now i'm thinking about the "Velocity 2X" speed run

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

i remember soem guy playing it trying to like get killed by a horse to clip thru half the map or something which is cool but what was cooler is he kept failing and getting more and more flustered and saying stuff like this has never happened before

lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

One of the actual Humble Bundles this week includes Shadow Tactics for $12. I haven't played it but a bunch of other imps say it's really good.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

its great. amazeballs! wow!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

FactsAreUseless posted:

One of the actual Humble Bundles this week includes Shadow Tactics for $12. I haven't played it but a bunch of other imps say it's really good.

The imp who has been honing his power by exclusively posting long reviews of stealth games in the stealth games thread for like an entire year now says it's good so that's basically the word of god for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

goferchan posted:

The imp who has been honing his power by exclusively posting long reviews of stealth games in the stealth games thread for like an entire year now says it's good so that's basically the word of god for me.

i trust that man with my life